Revel Systems

The Best iPad Point-of-Sale System

Revel Systems Reviews - Page 4

Revel system is very user friendly but don't understand why it doesn't take Gift Cards

All is good

Pros

It continues to take Credit Cards when system is down which is nice when the Internet is down & not working

Cons

It should be able to take Gift Cards so we don't have to keep switching machines when a gift card is presented.

Hi Martha, Thank you kindly for the 5-stars! For the Gift Card issue, if you are using Revel's Gift Cards, you definitely would not need two systems to process the cards. At this time, we do not integrate with First Data's Gift Cards. Thank you again for the feedback! Cheers, Sarah

Precision Distributors LLC Review

When we first started our company, we were looking at all sorts of POS and inventory management systems. We went with Revel and Quickbooks because it played both roles as an IMS and POS. It also was an accounting platform on top of that. We were told it would also be able to integrate with our online store through Magento. It was a perfect match. There are some things we love bout Revel and some thing we dislike though.

Pros

Great at reporting. and inventory management. The POS is a great tool to keep things organized and keep track of. -Pretty easy to set up and get things rolling, but we are finding things we don't like as we go along.

Cons

-Reports don't get too intricate though, like if I wanted to run a report of all the invoices that are owed to me by company, I can't do that. I need more detail in my reports -Can't delete purchase orders once they have been saved. This needs to be fixed for a company like mine. -Support is sometimes difficult to deal with because sometimes I feel like they don't even know what to do. -System will not integrate with Magento like were promised in the first place

Easy setup, easy maintenance, reliable support team and a proactive development cycle.

For the most part I have a hard time coming up with complaints mostly because of how proactive and responsive the entire team is at meeting our needs.

Pros

Revel POS is very easygoing use. Backend setup and maintenance are a breeze, new features are added regularly based on requests from businesses using Revel.

Cons

KDS user experience could use a little improvement just because there needs to be an expo setting so servers can pick up orders from the window without paper tickets.

easy to use and ability to add is nice

Pros

ability to add items is nice and the ease of all buttons on same screen is a huge improvement. inventory reports are nice

Cons

difficult at times to do inventory reports. sometimes they make no sense. employee page could use some ease as well

Thanks for your feedback, Effrin! We are constantly working to improve our product and make it easier for customers to use. In the meantime, we suggest that you check out https://revelsystems.com/revel-university/ for guides and tips. - Holden at Revel

2 years of ongoing crap

I wish I'd gotten another POS. Am actively looking for another, despite knowing how destructive this would be to implement.

Pros

Somewhat aesthetically pleasing, so customers comment sometimes. Overall everyone who actually uses it hates it.

Cons

Where do I even start. Personally the jump in per month fees with no notice and no explanation *tops* my list. Also we reported to them extremely basic functionality that's broken. There the slowness, no notice backwards updates, customer support, did I mention it's slow slow slow. The release updates that are inadequately tested. Then they're arrogant as hell about it. Don't even get me started on how painful, slow and counter-intuitive the backend is.

Hi Bob, We would be happy to help you out, but unfortunately, cannot locate you based on the info in this review. We are sorry to hear you have had a poor experience. We have been able to maintain prices significantly below industry alternatives for an extended period of time, but, as with any software subscription, we do periodically have to increase our price to continue to provide the service that you deserve as a loyal customer. We will continue to strive to deliver you the best features available at the lowest possible price. We are happy to set up a time to hear your feedback directly -- please feel free to get in touch via community@revelsystems.com. Regards, Sarah, Customer Advocacy Manager at Revel

Great point of sale system

Pros

Offers a ton of functionality for the monthly fee. We have been using it for three years and are still finding new features that improve our business.

Cons

Would be nice to have a consultant to work with so we don't have to hunt for features. Sometimes customer service can be a challenge to work with.

Ben, Thanks so much for your feedback! We'll be reaching out shortly to hear more about the features you're interested in and connect you to some resources. - Holden

Elegant, simple, very easy to use.

Pros

There are many features of the Revel IPad POS that I really like. One of the the most important would be the simplicity and ease of use of the product. It's very simple to program a menu and the menu can be set up however you please. Employee's orders can be tracked by using their personal employee number to take an order. I really like that the devices are mobile and orders can be sent in on the go. Orders that have already been submitted can easily be altered accordingly. Keeping track of inventory is a breeze as well as the system keeps up with the product being sold. Overall this is a great system.

Cons

One of the only downfalls I've come across would be keeping the mobile devices charged during busy times. But we've basically worked that issue out with trial and error.

Hi Shelby, Wow, what a nice review! Thank you for your input and it's great to hear you are enjoying our Mobile Order Takers and inventory management functionality. I have heard that sometimes experimenting with charging cords and the charging blocks can help issues with keeping a charge. Thank you, again! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

Awesome customer service

Pros

Was a great price and it integrated seamlessly with my QuickBooks Online software. Awesome customer service. I have a couple of issues: mostly due to my ignorance, but customer service was always available with minimal wait time, and always a great experience and positive results.

Cons

Not all the features my business could use, but I have figured out work arounds that get the job done. I have a niche business, so there are not many affordable options for point of sale systems. Revel has fit my needs nicely with the budget I can live with.

Revel adds tremendous efficiency to my business

The customer service is outstanding. Every time I call I know I will quickly get to a person who can solve my issue effectively.

Pros

It is easy to train even the most techno-phobic staff how to use Revel. The backend is easy to access and provides critical data and information in few steps.

Cons

The customer record function is a bit clunky on the iPad, it takes too many steps to add a customer during a transaction.

Revel offers the best value for POS system to entrepreneurs

High Caliber Weapons Detailing LLC endorses the Revel POS product and is extremely satisfied with the customer service!

Pros

What I like the most is the customer support that we have received that may seem menial in retrospect, but when you are having issues that need to be corrected immediately the ease at which Revel support has either explained the issue or outright guided us to fix it has been amazing. Some of the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Cons

There are a girth of options on the back end that can at times be difficult to navigate and recall. Most of this is a non-issue because support will walk you through any questions or issues and offer succinct explanations that make many of the settings "set and forget."

Great software and easy to use

I have been using Revel for the past year or so and would definitely recommend this all the other business partners. Great system, the UI is customize able to fulfill your needs and the best part is most of the customization can be done using your management console. There is a 24 hours support available in case of any issues.

Pros

Customize able to your needs, easy to use, built for any business, 24 hours support line available for your help.

Cons

Haven't seen any issues so far with this system, hence nothing much to mention here. Like I stated the support team is great and in case you run into any kind of issues they are always on the phone to assist.

Wow, Kanwarinder! We are floored by your feedback and so delighted that you're enjoying your Revel POS. Thanks for being such an awesome customer. - Holden at Revel

Minimalist and Affordable POS System!

Nice POS system for the money paid.

Pros

We love the fact that technical support is available 24/7 and they are always willing to find a solution to your problem. API availability is also great for other software integrations.

Cons

We dislike the fact that all POS front-end stations need to have the same version to work properly. If the main station accidentally updated the application version, then the rest need to do the same. This will be unfortunate if it happens during working hours as it will slow down your sales waiting for the stations to update.

Great customer support

I would highly recommend the Revel system in conjunction with Quick Books.

Pros

It meets my business needs, and the customer service is excellent! The easy learning curve is great for new employees.

Cons

It doesn't have certain features a specialty shop like mine could use. For example: I have a service department, so work orders would be awesome, I have a rental department, so rental reservations would be cool, and I have a travel department, so a booking feature would be awesome. I do work arounds, but it would be nice to have it all run through my point of sale.

Easy to use!

Pros

The Revel system is very easy to use. Everything can be changed, added or deleted quickly and easily and updates in a snap!

Cons

My only complaint is the way "paid outs" are done. The cash taken in the paid out does not get reflected in the end of day cash total, making the days cash appear short even though a proper paid out has been completed. It should adjust and show the exact cash total for the day.

Revel is just sufficient for my business on some days. However, there are many days that I wish it had more features

Pros

The staff time management feature makes payroll quite simple. I like that it is integrated in the POS app rather than a separate app. I also like the iPad integration, as it provides a much cleaner look to our customers vs using a desktop.

Cons

I think the reporting features are lacking. I’ve found that the reporting for sales and inventory management are far less sufficient than in other POS systems.

Hi Summer, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We are in the process of taking stock of what our customers would like to see more of in our Reporting overall and would love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to reach me at community@revelsystems.com so that we can record your suggestions. Thanks again for the review! Cheers, Sarah

Time and money well spent!

All in all, dollar for dollar, Revel Systems is definitely worth the price. There's not one system out there that you will not get frustrated at. Revel is no exception to this. However, for the most part, they have handled my frustration well, if not as timely as I would like. Still, 100% a great system and a great deal.

Pros

Easy setup. Standard POS arrangement for goods and services. No "back-office" computer as everything is accessible from any computer with internet access.

Cons

Forced change of password (proven to be a security risk). Some options released before they work. Lack of responsiveness.

Great POS System for Small Business (Liquor Store)

Pros

Very easy to use and setup. Cloud based makes it nice for reports and management. Support is very good with 24/7 telephone service and solves problems every time we call.

Cons

Item management could be updated slightly. Currently there is no way to completely remove an item you just have to mark it as inactive but it is still in your database.

Great Overall

Great POS overall! In order to balance out the slightly unstable system, I recommend force quitting the app and logging back in if there are ever issues. Also, it's always nice to turn off your ipad every once in a while and give the operating system a break.

Pros

- Great features such as in depth reporting, table management for restaurants/bars - gift card and loyalty program options to maximize customer retention and repeat business

Cons

Not a lot of cons, the biggest issue I hear is that the system can be a bit unstable, especially if it gets busy.

Easy to Use and a Real Time Saver

We upgraded to Revel from an old cash register and it makes the overall process of managing our retail store easier than ever!

Pros

Easy to use, integrates easily into Quickbooks online for easy bookkeeping, easy to train new employees

Cons

The initial setting up of the wireless network was somewhat cumbersome, but once we got it hooked up it hasn't skipped a beat.

Full service restaurant using mobile POS

Pros

Revel’s mobile POS solution has been such an asset to my business, which is high volume. All the mobile tablets are able to connect to each other and even if the Wi-Fi is down I am still able to complete transactions and once the Wi-Fi comes back all my transactions are listed and completed. The mobile tablets make checking out customers like 100x faster.

Cons

If you have low ceilings which one portion of my business does the Wi-Fi receptors on the ceiling are not as good at transmitting a signal. I have been in contact with support over this issue and it is simply a technical issue that has nothing to do with Revel. Apparently the CTO is developing his own hardware to address this issue.

Everything was absolutely excellent!

It's a huge undertaking when transitioning a restaurant from writing orders on paper tickets to the most advanced POS system. We were up to the challenge and so was Revel. Taking orders couldn't be easier. Revel saves the restaurant a lot of time and time is money.

Pros

The absolute best feature has to be the Ingredient Inventory. We have some fantastic recipes and this handy feature combines with our order management. We never run out of ingredients now that we have a Revel POS.

Cons

I feel like it needs just a little tighter Quickbooks integration.

Tablet POS

Pros

I like the ease and function ability of the table. There are many great tools that can be customized to your business and your needs.

Cons

The customer service or support is not that good. There have been many times that a rep has given attitude or has not been able to help us. I would say by far the billing department is the worse of all.

Easy to use, great access to data

Customer service has always been excellent for technical help.

Pros

I like the access to data based reports. I also like having the ability to check on sales and employee work time from my cell phone.

Cons

Wish there was a Kiosk feature. I think that it would be easier to navigate product selections if pictures could be easily incorporated.

Revel Systems is a JOKE with TERRIBLE tech support

Pros

Cons

Revel systems has been nothing but a joke since I have gotten it. Owner's can't reassign delivery orders to a new driver? Drivers are able to cash drop to NO WHERE when the wrong till is used? I can't check another drive in, as an owner, on my log in without it going into MY virtual till? Once again, Revel Systems is a JOKE to use as a delivery POS system. The support team is absolutely clueless, everyone has to talk to their higher up colleague just to tell me they can't do anything about it. At this point, I have more knowledge then some of these techs that are from Lithuania. Terrible TERRIBLE customer service, TERRIBLE product, and TERRIBLE value for what you get.

Hi Steven, I am sorry that Delivery Management and Virtual Tills are causing some frustration. It sounds like there are settings that could use an audit to ensure that both features are being used correctly. I have located two articles that would help explain how Virtual Tills work and how each employee should be set up under Employees - Role Permissions, as well as a few articles on Delivery Management....

Revel for Retail Application

Pros

It is easy to use, very flexible, and meets all my needs. I like that I can program it to do what I want it to. Additionally, it has very useful and easy to find and read reports.

Cons

Start up costs can be a little pricey for a new business on a limited budget. Month to month costs are very reasonable.