Revel Systems

The Best iPad Point-of-Sale System

Revel Systems Reviews - Page 5

Only know of it as the company that took over for Breadcrumb

Pros

Tech support and sales people are always available on short notice.

Cons

Limited customization and cloud based storage. In the event of internet failure that lasts more than a day, recovery can be a nightmare.

Hi Patrick, Thank you so much for the positive review! I just wanted to let you know that in terms of a network outage, on the front-end there is a red bar at the bottom of the iPad that will let your employees know if you are working in Offline Mode that should help you out. Revel is highly customizable and is truly set up for three platforms in one - for Quick Service, Table Service, and for Retail. As such, it can take some time to discover all of the ways that you can customize your system. I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team to schedule some additional training and to discuss any features that you would like to see. Thank you again for the review and the feedback. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

The best SMB point-of-sale for the money

Easy to train employees on, decreased costs, moved scheduling into our POS and removed some of the payroll issues we were having. Quickbooks integration made our accountants happy too

Pros

It's inexpensive, cloud-based, easy to set up & operate and doesn't break the bank on start-up fees & equipment. Love that they use iPad's & android so that I'm not stuck with worthless computer equipment when it's time to upgrade. System has above-average, out-of-the-box reporting & had many of the small odds and ends we were wanting to make payroll, scheduling, and inventory tracking easier

Cons

Inventory tracking is their weak spot. Yields, edible portion calculations and supplier integrations don't exist. It's a simple system and could get the job done for many restaurants but lacks some functionality if you're wanting to get the specifics

Hi Greg, Thank you so much for your review and for your feedback! Would love to set up a time to hear more and maybe even recruit you for our advisory board ;) Thank you again! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

Proud Early Adpoter of Revel Systems

When I expand, Revel will come with me!

Pros

Infiniately customizable, iPad functionality with low profile, always improving features. Improved cusomter support.

Cons

Sometimes automatic updates move icons and cause a bit of disruption. Updates don’t always have features benefitial to you, so check before installing.

Great System

Pros

They have impeccable customer support. The analytics provide all of the relevant and detailed data to manage your business finances. It’s very user friendly..

Cons

The mobile site doesn’t work well and the app has an extra monthly charge per month. Otherwise, I haven’t had any negative experiences.

Unreliable

This is the most unreliable system I have ever used. The support team are not trained equally. Some are helpful and give you a lot of detail to make sure you have everything in place properly. Others simply do not know & dismiss the need to ask or transfer you to someone else. We have two stores, both with this system. We closed both stores to conduct physical inventory. After being on the phone a...

Cons

Hi Kim, Sorry to hear you are experiencing some frustration with troubleshooting the Physical Inventory App. I do see that your help desk tickets are now resolved and we do apologize if you had to call into Support more than once to get it figured out. I have escalated your case to our customer relations team to ensure we address all of your needs. It looks like you joined Revel by way of our partner, Intuit, and we do apologize if your Intuit rep was not in possession of the info you needed to perform Inventory using Revel. You do have a Revel account executive and the customer relations team will be happy to share their info with you. Best Regards, Sarah at Revel

A journey

I feel they are listening and improving, several of my concerns have been addressed and a few have even been corrected in recent updates.

Pros

The cloud-based system allows me to access and make changes remotely which is fantastic. The online resources for education and help are great. Ease of use in payments, refunds, tabs, etc is awesome. I have had a great experience with a team who helped set up and guide me through the Revel experience

Cons

This software is improving, but is sold to traditional dining service restaurants and is more optimal for fast casual- register style dining. I have had many struggles trying to get the system to categorize things abd get me the information I need. The payment process and tracking for server checkouts has been complicated, as well. As far as tips processing and credit cards.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Gentry. We've been working hard to improve the experience of our customers with both our product and our support. That work isn't yet finished, though, and your input is greatly valued. - Holden at Revel

The worst multi-Store POS on the market

Do your homework first and be thorough. DO not believe everything they tell you. The salespeople are polished. Serious waste of time and money.

Pros

There are absolutely no Pros to this system. We installed in in June 2017, it is now February 2018 and we still have ongoing issues that are unresolved. The most recent is today with testing the "Online Store". The credit card batches do not match the bank deposits. Revel points at the cc merchant who in turn points back at Revel. Nothing resolved, and nobody will to take responsibility for it. Save your time and money, look for something else.

Cons

confusing, does not track inventory as it should, does not interface correctly with Quickbooks, support is the WORST. No help, we wasted thousands of dollars on this system.

Hi Brent, I am really sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience overall. I have taken a look at your ticket history and I do apologize that it looks like you encountered a bug. However, we are definitely working on the issue and as of 2/6 the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately with bugs fixes are not always immediate but we do attempt to push them through as quickly as possible. I can also see that our agents are waiting for the green light from you to integrate QuickBooks. While I do apologize for the frustration you have experienced so far, our customer support teams are actively working with you and happy to assist you with your business objectives. Regards, Sarah at Revel

Excellent POS System for our business

Thank you! The Revel Systems POS is great.

Pros

Ease of use, data tracking, time tracking, mobile access, fantastic customer support, quality hardware.

Cons

I would like to see a more advanced Kiosk-style option that includes a user-friendly means of incorporating product pictures along with pricing.

Innovative QSR POS solution, terrible customer service and poor reliability

Although it’s an innovative product, the quality of customer service is horrible. Three of our restaurants in Europe run on Revel and we have seen significant decrease in stability / consistency. Frequent updates in recent months have caused complete service failure during lunch time (as updates seem to come in at exactly that time). Our account manager is basically helpless, and can only offer us...

Pros

-Innovative cloud based solution -Low Capex vs. other full fledged POS solutions -Hardware can be purchased separate

Cons

-Poor reliability, frequent updates / changes to the system make it difficult to maintain. Updates which are not announced cause a lot of disruptions in restaurant -Poor customer service -API is poorly documented, limited calls allowed

Hello Chris, I'm very sorry to hear that you're having a poor experience with your system and support. We definitely want to be sure to meet your customer service needs. I will be reaching out to you directly to learn more about how we can turn things around here. We're also happy to work with partners to increase API calls. We do set a limit at the outset of our relationship with our partners but we are always available to increase limits if we realize there is a specific need for one of our valued merchants. Revel's Business Development team will work with the partner providing you the integrated service to find an immediate solution. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for bringing it to our attention. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Revel Software is great, Customer Service is Better

Pros

Very easy to use, functional, and streamlined. The Revel Customer Service is always on point, helpful, available, and free! Having opened 3 restaurants with Revel in the past year and half, I have talked to technical support/customer service for literally hours, and it is always a great experience.

Cons

Revel is far superior to competitor options. The only change would be a little more ease in editing buttons on the fly.

Save your money and DO NOT BUY!!

Do yourself a favor and look for another option. Don't waste your time!

Pros

Slim to none. This is a great thought, but the company as a whole is an absolute joke. Offers some really great features if/when they are operating

Cons

Technical support is the worst you will ever encounter! One representative will tell you one thing, and before you know it they have either dropped your call or pushes you off until someone better can assist you. Problem is they never call back. Not one consistent answer from anyone in the entire call center. It's truly comical they are still in business. Biggest waste of money

Revel review

See above..love to discuss further (gratuity)

Pros

Easy to use, adding items, promo discount not and employee info super easy. Tech service is thorough and follow thru is great.

Cons

Thought Revel is able to accept and store claimed tips by employees, they need to add the ability to "tip out" and record amount given to support staff(by name) without that ability gratuities received will never be taxed as income correctly.

Used a lot

Pros

Quick and easy system to learn. Had no problem trading staff on the interface

Cons

Menu layout is a bit tiring to scroll through

Thanks for your feedback, Rennie. We're working hard to improve the quality and consistency of our support services and appreciate your patience.

I own a restaurant and we use Revel as our POS.

Pros

I like the view of the menu the most. It allows you to easily select products and add additional items, if you need to.

Cons

The customer service is horrible. If you have any issues with the system, good luck to you and block off at least an hour.

Good operating system overall

It was a good operating system, but not the favorite.

Pros

It was a god value and offered a lot of features

Cons

There are other systems out there that offer much more detailed features and better customer service.

Thank you for your feedback, Jennifer. We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the functionality of your Revel POS! We're constantly improving and hope you take a second look down the road, but in the meantime, we wish you and your business the best.

Revel Experience

Pros

Revel is easy to use, user-friendly, and efficient. When training new team members to use the system, it always goes smoothly!

Cons

The customer service and help over the phone is sometimes inefficient or can leave you on hold for awhile!

Will be a good POS if it works like they said

My overall experience has not been positive since day one. There have been operational errors from the very beginning to the degree that using Revel has cost us money thru loss of customers who get frustrated with all the online ordering errors and just go elsewhere. Counter service has been slowed down due to having the system freeze up or force an unscheduled update in the middle of service. Customers get frustrated and the employees just make fun of your "provided services"

Pros

Nothing, none of the functions they promised works fine, everything is a headache and all I have experienced is losing customers which result on losing money, I wish never purchased this system since it tends to make us lose customers regularly as their frustration rises.

Cons

The programmers are screwing up everything every time they make an update, don't they test their work before applying it to their customers? Apparently no, I have many other reasons to hate this POS now but don't feel like wasting more time writing about it.

Pros

Friendly user interface, Many nice features, Takes care of all operation aspects, Fast peration, Good reporting

Cons

needs a little IT and networking experience for configurations, with more than 1 iPad, it is important to update carefully

Like the product when it works ...

Pros

The Cloud based implementation and the amount of functionality available. Would prefer more focus on quality over the amount of enhancements.

Cons

Support and Quality is very poor. Getting attention to issues is very difficult that are not solved easily. The quality of releases has improved but we still hold our breath anytime we do an upgrade. There is very little information available on how to use new features or even existing ones and to get any help beyond basic level help takes a long time. Each time we have an issue I expect to spend hours dealing with emails and calls to get it addressed. There have been times when I report a problem and the first response is to do something I indicated in my request I had already tried or done. There is no commitment on the amount of time they will get back to you and I have had issues where my POS was down completely and could not get any help for hours and hours.

Hello Marck, I've sent you an email to discuss your feedback in greater detail. I'm sorry to hear you've experienced some frustrating support issues. I'd like to hear your suggestions for improvement. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here.

Do not purchase for a retail company

We quit using it and will never recommend it. The customer service wait time is long.

Pros

Looks good, but does not communicate with Quick Books

Cons

Revel lies with how it works with Quick Books. It has cost me thousands of dollars and countless hours trying to make it work. Do not buy it for retail.

Thanks for your feedback, Jeff. We're sorry you were left disappointed by your Revel POS. We appreciate your input and will take it to heart.

Superbly robust POS system

As the owner of a small restaurant, it was important for us to find a system that met our needs without breaking the bank. Revel’s powerful system has a great front end, but it’s he back end management tools that make it shine. The powerful reporting is unlike anything else we’ve used. The employee, inventory and time management systems kill the competition. Overall, we’ve been extremely happy with Revel!

Pros

Superior customer service. Powerful backend management system. Easy to use front end system. Impressive customization.

Cons

The only con is the monthly fee. Although pricey, the bang for your buck at the end of the month is worth it.

Our Revel POS system exceeds our expectations.

The phone-in Support and Text chat are helpful and accurate with assistance 24 hours a day.

Pros

It is a very good value for the money and the Support Staff is on top of their game. The Revel platform works well overall throughout iPad and desktop backup. For our application, it has excellent inventory tracking, product tracking and sales summary modes. It has 24 batch processing of credit card orders, or this can be performed manually.

Cons

I would like the ability to select a back ground picture or background color with font size and color, on the iPad POS.

Swim or you will sink and drown!

Pros

It is on line, very versatile, seems more suitable for restaurants than retail. Customer Service staff has a great attitude.

Cons

No f2f support was provided, all the implementation and initial set up was intuitive, over the phone. Not all the functionality offered was in place, nor working properly. Doing set up as we were learning the system. The sales representative did not provide any advise, nor fulfilled their promises. Total lack of commitment. After 3 months of learning to swim and survive the implementation, at the...

Sorry to hear about the difficulties setting up the system and unexpected charges. We are glad to know everything worked out in the end and making sure our pricing model is well understood by new clients.

Good overall. Missing some details

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. Mobile friendly and reports are okay. Would reccomend to others if they like easy platforms

Cons

Need to pay for an app. Although already paying over market price. Could have done extra features that would help more.

Thanks very much for the feedback, Abe. We'd really like to hear your thoughts on the features that you think would improve your product experience. - Holden at Revel

Revel POS System for a high volume bar

Overall we are very pleased with our decision to move away from the old POS systems to Revel.

Pros

The product is easy to use on both the front end and back end. Being able to access the backend from anywhere to update products makes keeping your POS up to date really easy.

Cons

Sometimes adding new features that can improve functionality of the front end can take sometime but they will get it done.