Revel Systems

The Best iPad Point-of-Sale System

Revel Systems Reviews - Page 6

product is great, customer service isnt

Pros

It does exactly what it needs to do. Comes with some great features and some features I still don't know how to use

Cons

Any time I've had an issue customer service has been terrible. teir 1 support is a complete waste of time, I wish they'd just transfer you right over. and then even when they do transfer it depends on who answers the phone for how long the phone call would last.

With limited options for POS this one is the “best”

Pros

Easy to use and easy to enter products, inventory, etc. our employees have no problems with it. Allows for a lot of data collection.

Cons

The expense is a bit much. There are so few POS options out there, that they don’t offer much in the customer service field as far as offering any discounts due to their lack of service and constant system updates that cause problems.

Worthy of review

Overall we have been very impressed with the Revel platform and it has enhanced our business and enabled us to grow at a rapid rate.

Pros

Revel offers a simple and easy to use graphic user interface. Training time is very minimal and the IPad platform is very reliable.

Cons

Service calls are prompt and issues are generally resolved. Only complaint would be the software they use to manage the service calls

Great platform

I would love to try this out in an independent restaurant application to really see what it can do.

Pros

This platform is easy to use and very interchangeable. Customer support is great and they can always handle problems in a relatively short time. They also do not mind teaching the customer how to fix these problems in the future instead of requiring them to keep calling in.

Cons

The system that I am in (Franchisor) ties their and my hands in what we can do. Its not Revel's fault. Needs to work on an inventory application for food costs.

Mostly a Good Fit with a Few Bumps

Pros

Does a pretty good job of meeting our needs, customer service can be hit or miss but has improved lately, once the menu was built it functioned well.

Cons

A big learning curve, not super clear at the start of the process, difficult to reach our sales person once we were handed off, long wait times for support & some difficulty in understanding them. Questions I had were not always answered in the resources online or took so much time to find them it was defeating. Rough start but more responsive now.

Possibilities are endless if your willing to invest time

Overall I would choose this system over the top competition. I'd wish there was a little more along the way in the initial set up and training rather than a one size fits all online training videos. But the customer service hotline has been excellent and once you understand the basics of the backend you are able to advance at a proper rate

Pros

With proper training, you are able to personalize, integrate and develop a system that is unique to your business. Quickboks, ADP, scheduling, inventory and sales/labor reports are crucial to have in the success of a business

Cons

Revel university is a proper title for the educational system . Because in order to be fully trained on the front and back end, it takes months if not years to become proficient. Each sector can take you down a worm hole in terms of the options available. And sometimes forgetting to check a box can prevent you from inputting hours of work properly

Easy handheld POS

Pros

I really liked its ease of use for just about anyone.

Cons

There was no aspect that I could point out as not liking.

Thank you for the kind feedback, Carla! We are so lucky to have customers like you.

Optimized performance for the Price

Support staff at all hours are super efficient. Their guidance on several occasions, helped my team and others fix a problem as a group.

Pros

Back office functions are excellent and support through self teaching or help line is immeasurable.

Cons

Occasionally, software updates are not practical when you are not notified in a timely manner. Whitelist their email addresses.

Always on Point!!

Couldn't be happier that we chose Revel. The software is as wonderful as the customer service!!

Pros

Because Revel is easy to use and the navigation is fast and friendly our customers are taken care of without waiting.

Cons

I wish you could manipulate the levels in the POS system when setting up products and items instead of having to use the tier given.

Had to get rid of system after 2 years - integration problems with Apple updates. Constant crashing

It was a learning experience for sure.

Pros

Easy to add specials and new items, great to check sales and labor costs on my phone wherever I was. Light weight - easy to use.

Cons

Terminals went out of sync with each other and caused major problems with ordering and reports, affected customer service. Every time Apple does an update the system does not work (2-3 times a year). Customer service is not much of a help. We had to remove the system after 2 years we had so many problems. They still send me daily reports a year later after we cancelled with them.

Hi Thomas, I am really sorry that you had such a poor experience. We have listened to our customers' feedback and we have increased our Beta testing to mitigate potential bugs in conjunction with software releases. Unfortunately, we cannot control Apple's releases, but do our best to time releases with theirs. Your feedback is appreciated. Regards, Sarah at Revel

Easy to use and great user interface

Pros

The best thing about this software is its easy use of use

Cons

I really like the inventory management system, which worked well for managing bar inventory

Revel Review

Revel very good system, works well for us. Would recommend. Support very good too. Thanks.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility. Very reliable and customers also like it. Can make changes to system on my own.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to match up specific menu changes to system, so we have to create "patches" to make work. But it does work.

extremely helpfull

It is easier to use than others

Pros

This is easy to use and gives a lot of information for the monthly analysis of the bussines. Also it easy to put new products and edit prices.

Cons

I have been using this and I don't have any complaints. The only thing that I don't like is that they don't have a translator for spanish

Hi Belen, Thank you so much for the 5-stars! We would definitely like to offer Spanish capability and Support in the future and your input is appreciated. Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Works well for our business

Pros

Customer services is A+, the back end access is easy and I can customize every feature. Our servers never have any issues with the tablet

Cons

Access from my smartphone is limited, and it takes some time navigating the site. There is also no app available which would make everything so much easier

Awesome system when it works!

Pros

The customer based software is beyond competitors! It is easy to use on the front end. The back end is a bit tricky but there are videos on just about every aspect. The video I need most, however, is non-existent. Tech support cannot even explain it. Once you play around with the software, like anything else, it gets pretty user friendly.

Cons

I have a small restaurant. One would think that one access point would be enough. I have two AP's and still have issues in a 52' x 25' space using two ordertakers! I can't, after one replacement, get the card swipe to work on one of the ordertakers. Going to swap it one last time. And I DO NOT recommend getting the cases for the ordertakers. One of mine broke almost immediately from having to open it twice a day to charge the mini ipad (due to the card swipe not functioning as it was supposed to). To me, it's a money making issue. My sales rep hasn't been easy to connect with since purchasing the product.

Cheryl, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Revel Systems. We’ve added some excellent hardware options that should improve networking issues.

Solid option for multiple locations and operations

Overall a very solid system

Pros

The ability to have one POS system for a sitdown restaurant, cafe and gift shops. This allow for a general overview of daily sales on 1 system.

Cons

Many functions but can be difficult to implement. Once we clarified our issues, customer service was very helpful.

Super intuitive. If Revel ever goes public, I'll buy shares. I believe in this POS platform. It's been very useful for my small grocery business.

Pros

Integrates with Moneris Integrates with a scale Excellent reporting features I can check my sales remotely from anywhere

Cons

Unstable POS with little customer support

Pros

The ability to take orders at a table when it is stable

Cons

The Revel POS system continually drops out, the backend continually goes down. Our Revel support officer in Sydney claims he is not aware of anyone else having issues. I have phoned several other businesses today, they are all having issues with the Revel dropping out, backend going down, can't reach main POS. Poor customer service based in another country. We are meant to be VIP customers so revel...

Bradley, many thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry that you have not had a great experience. As discussed we have been working hard with your team to resolve your issues and one month on things are looking a lot better. Unfortunately things don’t always go to plan however Revel is committed to excellent customer support and also committed to helping Local Shack have restored faith in Revel and get you to the point of being a happy customer. We will continue to check in on a daily basis until you feel that things have greatly improved. We have also increased our local support team to cope with the increased demand for Revel. Many thanks for your patience. Sincerely, Josh Franklin General Manager APAC

REVEL Review from Treasure House Fashions

Pros

The system is easy to use and provides excellent back end reporting.

Cons

Customer service can be challenging - you get a different person each time so there's limited continuity. Updates can present a new configuration and in our case, caused our printer to no longer interface with our system. Also for the CRM, when we have scrubbed the database for errors in input, the incorrect information remains in the system - that's exasperating when trying to download an accurate mailing!!

Simplified Our Work Flow

Pros

There are so many pros, here is a list of some of them: Inventory Tracking, Variable Pricing, QuickBooks Integration, Accurate Accounting...

Cons

Learning curve for connecting accounts for QuickBooks, more videos would be great, but customer service helps a lot with this.

Hand's Down,, Best Company out there!

Keep up the Great Work!!

Pros

I would say that everything is easy and not difficult so manage. I love everything about it, never had a issue with anything.

Cons

To be honest, I've never experienced anything that I would say needs fixing. To me it's perfect and would recommend to everyone!

Now with Dragontail systems it will allowed us to use the best deliveries and food preparation results.

This system works perfectly and smoothly. My employees loved working with it and there is no doubt that it will work with every company.

Pros

Now with Dragontail systems included it will allow us to use the best deliveries and food preparation results.

Revel has been Fantastic

In general I would recommend Revel to anyone. Restaurants, quick service establishment, bar and deli.

Pros

The reporting capabilities and the ease of use and the reliability of the Networking equipment used makes our systems rock solid. The KDS has also been so beneficial.

Great Software

Revel is a great software and I've enjoyed working with it for my first restaurant. It seems to be very customizable and reliable as we've never had any issues with down time.

Pros

Options for most situations and plenty of flexibility in the software. Easy to use POS interface and very quick to work with.

Cons

Online ordering is still not 100%, they're still working out a lot of the bugs and does not have some of the things I was promised (as of October 2016). The back end is VERY confusing and difficult to learn. They give you a support rep which is nice but they defer a lot of questions to the technical support team in which some of them are not helpful at all. Overall, I haven't been thrilled with their support team.

Premium product

Overall I’m very happy with Revel and I don’t imagine us switching anytime soon.

Pros

24/7 customer service is awesome, interface is really simple and intuitive, revel university makes it easy to learn. Able to export sales data to excel with a few clicks.

Cons

A little bit expensive. It is a monthly subscription model. Setting up the network can be a bit of a pain unless you know someone who can help.