Revel Systems

The Best iPad Point-of-Sale System

Revel Systems Reviews - Page 7

18 months in and still a grin!

Pros

The ability to play around with things and tweak as much as I can. The backend is robust enough for my needs.

Cons

The Kiosk workflow needs some work and the standard stand design is kind of dated. I would like to hide the cords better.

Not at all good

THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK

Pros

Equipment looks nice and this is about all I can say about Revel. They do answer the phone when you call not that they are of any help.

Cons

This system will stop working right when your trying to make a sale. We have lost several sales because of this. When you call Revel they blame it on TSYS and Freedom pay and tell you they don’t know what is wrong. But they will work on it and it could take 3-5 days to fix. Maybe they can fix it “Maybe “. Don’t waste thousands on this System. Combat Defense Systems Fayetteville NC

Thanks for your feedback, Gaylene. We're very sorry to hear about the recent difficulties you've had processing payments. We understand how frustrating it can be to lose business because of issues beyond your control. Our support team is aware of the payment processing issue and, in addition to a short-term fix, is working diligently with our partners to identify a long-term solution.

Would be a great product if it worked........

Pros

Very easy for staff to use and navigate. Great to use on phone or macbook when away from the venue.

Cons

Constant issues that never get solved. Tech support seem to have no idea how to solve any of our issues and then they have the cheek to say that they have heard we might be moving to another system so we are wasting their time, for a product mind you that we pay a monthly fee for that doesn't work properly. We have spent countless hours trying to rectify the issues however this is extremely hard to do as they are based in Sydney and have also been told that there support call centres don't like calling Australia. I'm tipping this is because the majority of their customers are at their whits end with the product and are not overly patient.

Hi Campbell, Thanks for reaching out. Our Australian team has been working closely with you and your staff to resolve all of your problems. Revel is dedicated to resolving your current issues for now and the future to give you the best possible experience with our system.

Takes time to get up and running. Difficult scheduling training.

Pros

Mix of inventory and ingredients/ recipes costing - but this is a tedious process. Ease of entering initial inventory via uploading data from spreadsheet and Revel's assistance with that process.

Cons

Cumbersome reports/ reporting. Need totals on reports (ex. product inventory summary) Would be nice to be able to get detail on a number or item by clicking on it like Intuit/ Quickbooks works. Need more options for waste and be able to sort and total by type, class - ex. out of date, damaged, etc. Cumbersome interface between product entry and inventory- duplication required as we understand it. Need more knowledgeable customer support people who know the software well rather than a question always having to be a team effort to get answered.

Lovely system I would recommend to anyone in retail business

Revel has improved our efficiency and production. I'd like to say, customer relationship has improved on their part.

Pros

Beautiful user interface, with options to customize to meet and fit your individual business needs. You get option of seeing your open invoices and payments displayed. I love the "ALWAYS ON MODE" that gives access for business to go on if system loses internet connection.

Cons

i know this system wasn't designed custom made to a particular individual, so it has its flaws, a little glitch now and then, and the system freezing,.

We love Revel!

Pros

The ability to keep an eye on sales in real time from our Headquarters and the ease of use... there is not a lot of training needed to teach a new associate to use the POS and nearly no room for error.

Cons

The support site could be a little more helpful. Some help topics do not offer a lot of explanation or are geared more for restaurants and do not address how we would use certain settings for retail. We are also a little disappointed in the customer facing display's capabilities. We thought that the customer would be able to enter their own email address to be added to our mailing list from there, but the functionality is not there. It is pretty much just a fancy way for the customer to watch their order being rung up and a pen-pad for them to sign their credit card receipts. We have our fingers crossed that the functionality we needed will be added soon as we believe it will be an integral part of our marketing efforts!

Would recommend

Pros

Easy to use and syncs well with Tyro & Xero. Back end management and reporting is simple and data is easy to extract

Cons

Some final sale steps could be shorter. Ease for users to accidentally upgrade from itunes is frustrating

Unmitigated Disaster

Pros

Nothing. There is nothing redeeming about this POS system and I have personally used over 20 POS systems over the last 12 years.

Cons

The code is deeply bugged. We have worked with the most senior professionals at Revel including the officials and others in Tier 3 tech support only to realize by admission to them that the system has several critical failure points that will result in financial loss if you are an advanced user. Be EXTREMELY careful using this POS it is underdeveloped and has costed us hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses over the last two years (contract period we were unable to terminate).

Excellency In Bringing Latest Technology to User Friendly POS

Higher sales revenues since we implemented Revel System. Both Front end and back end staff enjoys the ease of operations and timely reports.

Pros

Effectively Revel System has increased our sales revenue figure over 20% Superior 24/7 Support Easy to deploy. We have 24 mobile stations and using Revel System make it possible to reconfiguration locations as needed. Fast Transaction Time Real Time Monitoring for back office staffs Very User Friendly, make training very fast

Cons

The only downside is that perhaps the app can be on Android platform also? Otherwise, so far we have been very satisfied with the system.

Hi Robin, Wow this is great feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to share on Capterra. Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Why you should buy Revel

Pros

Revel is so user friendly. Anyone on staff is able to go in and create/change functions.

Cons

Revel does limit some of your programming functions

Thank you so much for the kind feedback, Heather!

Pros

Easy to use/user friendly. Our experience with the staff of Revel has been great. Customer support has been phenomenal up to this point. We almost didn't have credit card readers to use because the bluetooth wasn't working but we were escalated to a support guy who helped us out in his free time. We're lucky with who are project manager was and having her contacts available to us.

Cons

We had a lot of growing pains in the beginning. The bluetooth devices were not working and we had to contact a Revel support person at their home to get them working. This was stressful as we were set to open our first very busy night of our outdoor season and no ability to take a credit card.

Laundromat service user

Good product, reporting, great customer support, a little pricey monthly but easy for staff to use and almost never goes down. Love the integration with QuickBooks online.

Pros

Great value and easy to use.

Cons

A little pricey with multiple locations.

Misleading Sales Pitch

Horrible experience! If you are considering Revel for QuickBooks Online integration beware of false advertising. While receiving the sales pitch for the product, I was assured that complete integration was available. I specifically asked about house accounts and transferring account info to QuickBooks. Everything was great I was told! We work closely with QuickBooks for complete integration. Blah...

Pros

Came in a pretty box

Cons

Doesn't work as advertised!

POS for Small Biz

Pros

The ease of use and ease of training stands out amongst all cloud based POS.

Cons

The price is little expensive and the stand provided by the company is not the best design. We purchased a stand through another manufacturer for a more slick use.

We appreciate the feedback, Matt. We're constantly trying to do better and input like this really helps. Thanks!

Easy to work with and straight forward interface

Pros

Customizable, fast and easy, organizes bills and reports well in addition to setting up good system to manage employees and various services

Cons

when saving customer information for delivery or takeout it required email in addition to full name and phone number, which is not always info customers would like to provide

Regretted it right off the bat

Stay away! This is not a system for beginners. There are a lot better systems out there, keep looking. We are switching to Cake but also considered Square.

Pros

Offline mode... that's it. Its requiring me to say more but there really isn't anything else good to say and I've been a customer for 3 years.

Cons

Customer service is terrible. Hours on the phone trying to fix hardware issues. The back end is extremely confusing and difficult to program and navigate. They are unwilling to help with this part so it's all on you. I'm too busy running a restaurant to be a computer programmer. And don't buy the app...it doesn't work at all.

Revel POS review -

It's intuitive, easy to use, feature packed vs the rest mobile pos systems I used in the past. Love how I can access information on the go thru the backend as well as make changes while not being physically present at the location.

Pros

Cons

Physical stand should more aligned/clean hiding the charging cables .

Hi Jose, Thank you so much for the review and feedback. We're always striving to find the most streamlined look for our POS stands. We're so happy you are enjoying the system and mobile insight into your business. Thank you for being a part of the REVELution! - Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

A disaster from start to finish

In theory, it should be great. But this system loses orders, loses discounts, moves voids from one ticket to another, loses payments, combines checks that have been split, splits checks that have been merged...I could go on and on. All the functionality in the world doesn't matter when a POS can't handle the basics. By far the worst experience I've ever had with a POS. It's cost me thousands of dollars in lost customers, lost credit card payments, money that I've spent paying my bookkeeper and other staff to straighten out all the issues, food that I've had to comp because orders were lost, etc. I've receive a total of $ in compensation from Revel. I've been stuck with this useless system for five months and cannot wait for the day I'm done with it.

Pros

What it can do in theory

Cons

The reality of how it actually works. The cost. Tech support. Customer support. Losing customers because of POS mishaps.

Hi Shan, I am really sorry to hear that you have experienced so much frustration. I have taken a look at your ticket history and I can see what the source is here. Software updates are consistent across all iPad based POS software. Most clients never hit a bug, so we're very sorry to see you were hit by one or more in a row. This is not standard and we can assure you we're working to improve testing and our overall quality with each release. I can see that you are now working with a senior agent and that things apprear to be moving in the right direction. Again, we apologize and appreciate your patience in working with us. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel

Worst POS system I have ever used - removed after install - review long overdue

We are a successful multi-unit restaurant group that operates restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area

Pros

This system is for QSR counter service - NOT full service restaurants. WAY better systems than Revel

Cons

NOT meant for full service restaurants. This was literally one of the worst business mistakes I have ever made. Without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The system is not designed for full service restaurants, has connectivity issues and frequently crashed.

Hi Greg, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have checked our records and it looks like you were a customer nearly 2 years ago. I hope we have made some strides in our restaurant capability and network stability since then and I do apologize that we were not able to meet and exceed your expectations. Regards, Sarah at Revel

It's very easy to use especially for our younger staff who are so used to this technology.

Pros

The ease of use. It is very easy to train our employees, especially the younger ones. They have no trouble navigating it.

Cons

I wish the product icons (buttons) were larger so you could fit more words on them. I'd prefer to scroll to another screen in order to have a better product description.

Very easy to use and train on

Pros

The product is very easy to use and the vendor is very helpful.

Cons

The service from the vendor is slow sometimes on resolving issues in regards to the pos. Also we have experienced issues with customer service reps not understanding my management team, it would be great if they had some that were bilingual

Sold a bill of goods that just didn't pan out.

Pros

Fast, easy-to-use POS interface. I like Apple products so that was a bonus that they use Apple branded iPads.

Cons

Revel is a decent product backed back some terrible customer service. The on boarding process, done remotely, is not robust enough and as a result you are left unable to use most of the features without paying for ongoing account support. Most importantly, I was sold on the idea that Revel had total and complete integration with Quickbooks, which is NOT the case. The integration creates a total mess in Quickbooks, and employee hours can only be ported over to Quickbooks in whole numbers and no overtime. The sales team was, for the most part, unresponsive after the sale was made. Extra equipment was sent and billed to us that we did not order. Revel is extremely expensive compared to the competition. I would not purchase this product again.

Ward, thank you for the feedback—we're sorry that we let you down. We've been in touch on other platforms and with you directly, but please let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Thanks, Holden

Great all around system

This system easily adapts to your business. The Support staff is patient and helpful. They continually help me to adapt the system to best fit my business.

Cons

Thank you, Rick! We're so pleased that you are happy with our Support team - they work very hard to help our customers every day. Cheers and thank you again for the review. - Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Wrong decision

Just over a year ago we decided to move our POS system from Quickbooks POS to Revel POS and we have never stopped regretting that decision. The support is horrible, standard features that should always be available in POS are always "coming with the next update", the updates cause more problems than they fix, and the whole system is geared toward restaurants which is not at all what we do.

Pros

In theory, it would be awesome, but we needed reality and it's miserable.

Cons

Standard features are missing, support is rude and one of our tech guy spends 70 percent of his day on the phone with support trying to get help which takes days or weeks (or never) to resolve. The networks (emphasis on the plural) we had to set up to make this work were ridiculous. Each individual POS terminal requires it's own network with 4 appliances which is really messy and seems redundant, but it doesn't work any other way.

Revel

We spent almost 50k on the system to change it to ecrs only 10 months later.

Pros

clean userface, nice looking sleek system

Cons

the functions that dont work, very poor customer service.

Hi there¿we're sorry to hear about your negative experience but appreciate your feedback. We wish you and your business the best.