Revel Systems

The Best iPad Point-of-Sale System

Revel Systems Reviews - Page 8

Revel

We spent almost 50k on the system to change it to ecrs only 10 months later.

Pros

clean userface, nice looking sleek system

Cons

the functions that dont work, very poor customer service.

Hi there¿we're sorry to hear about your negative experience but appreciate your feedback. We wish you and your business the best.

We're using Revel POS in all our QSR.

Extremely friendly, professional and now with the option of Dragontail systems which will allow us to make deliveries "state of art" it's the perfect POS.

Cons

Not sure it is worth the extra money, be sure to do a lot of research.

Pros

I like the ability to customize reports and link seamlessly with Quickbooks. The local sales rep was very personable and helpful. The phone support seems to be handled by people somewhere in Eastern Europe ( based on accents and names), but they speak English very well and are helpful.

Cons

The start up support is not great. You pay for 2 phone sessions which were full of information and a bit overwhelming. I did do better with their support line, but then discovered some of the information I was given initially was wrong. Also discovered that I had the wrong type of printer for my needs. I have a clothing store and this software wasn't designed with that in mind. They have work arounds for most things, but are much more focused on service and hospitality. I'm sure I'll learn more as I use the system, but I'm not sure if it is worth the extra money.

Software has issues

Nothing to add

Pros

The I pads look pretty cool to order from and I guess I would say that we haven't had any interruptions from kiosk to the KDS screen.

Cons

There are certain functions that are supposed to work but don't. I.e. Online ordering and customer reorders.

we need some better support throgh phone

Pros

back end settings are good, easy to edit the products and easy to add the employee information. Easy to operate the Revel APP

Cons

I want some better service in customer care support. I am expecting call back form REVEL if my call was disconnected.

I shopped extensively and found Revel to be the best value, with support and ease of use.

Pros

Support is very helpful. Easy to use once trained on it. Like the reports that I can run. I can get data needed to make decisions on pricing and staffing. I can get tax data easily.

Cons

We have some issues with disconnected from the printer, but this could often be an internet issue. Overall, it all works well.

This has been a useful investment for our young business and I feel we wont outgrow its capabilities

Pros

Range of features as a POS and backend system for our business. Easy to add products and change pricing. Good employee and schedule features.

Cons

Relative of some of the hardware through Revel that isn't really back up with any proactive set-up/use support. Too many touches to close out an order on the POS - should be simplified.

Charles, Thanks very much for your feedback—we really appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to improve our customers' experience with our product. Best, Holden at Revel

The Revel Product is second to none. Excellent in all aspects

Pros

The Revel product is by far the best product on the market today. Technical assistance is excellent and customer service is timely and professional. Working with the software and its Quickbooks interaction is pretty straight forward. Technical assistance on the part of Revel is easily accessible when needed.

Cons

It would be nice if it worked with Quickbooks Desktop

Revel up

Revel up is not clear sometimes.

Pros

We can see/ check everything but I think is perfect for a restaurant not for a shop. It s a bit too complicated.

Cons

To complicated to sea things inside template. By template I mean where we have to go, to click one before seeing everything.

Romain, thanks very much for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having! We have an array of educational resources available to our customers to make sure they're getting the most functionality possible out of their POS, as well as product experts who can walk you through the various features. Please let us know if we can help point you in the right direction! -Holden

Reduced Staff.. increased accuracy of order.. Unified customer experience across Kiosk, POS, online ordering. Smart Phone ordering all great for college town

Pros

KIOSK ordering helps me to run a busy restaurant with no front Staff. Integrated online ordering helps to add new items/ make changes only at one place.

Cons

Need a mobile app Customers should be able to Choose Dine in or Take out when they use Kiosk Kiosk should ask for Customer table #

Hi Rajagopal, Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so glad to hear that Revel kiosks and online ordering are working well at your restaurant! We do have a "manager" app called Insights on the App Store - your sales rep is happy to help you with getting the app - it will allow you to manage employees and monitor sales on the go! Thank you, again! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

We love Revel!

Pros

Revel as a POS is extremely user friendly. Their customer service is excellent, and whenever we experience any sort of minor problem, which is rare, they are quick to solve the issue. We're lucky enough to have their office around the corner from our restaurant, and they pop in all the time to say hello!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any drawbacks about Revel. They're great!

Hi Alix, Thank you so much for the kind words and great review! We're so happy to have the support of The Grill on Mill! Cheers, Sarah M., Community Manager, Revel Systems

Super Friendly POS

Keep it going

Pros

Super easy to set up, very stable and worry free. We didn’t have any issues other than making it store Friendly.

Cons

As right now our only problem is with Uber orders, since the keyboard doesn’t have the Alfa numeric option.

The comfort of revel

Would recommend to all small business owners.

Pros

The revel system is extremely user friendly and easy to use. Uploading new merchandise or making instant changes to products or prices makes for a great and easy way to control your inventory.

Vast improvements

I have been using Revel POS for our family business for just over a year. The software has been great from the beginning ,but the customer support and tech support was very poor quality. Over the past year it has made a big turn around. I would now recommend this software to anyone wanting to get a robust POS.

Pros

This has been the only system I had found that supports both a retail and full service restaurant. And they appear to be staying up to date with where the markets are trending.

Cons

This is a large amount of data and features, so I sometime have a hard time finding the features that I need and how to use them despite their great help site and tech support.

Overwhelmed at times

Pros

The front end is easy to use, once everything is set up on the back end. The accessibility of the reports is nice.

Cons

The back end can be overwhelming and difficult at times to navigate. Need to be able to combine checks also.

Love Love Love this POS System. Would recomend it to anyone

Pros

I love that if i have any issues i can just call and it will be taken care of. You can see everything from your computer or your phone. Reports are user friendly and actually so is most everything about it. There are also many videos you can watch to figure out what you need, I learned a lot from them!

Cons

The set up process was very time consuming, but i called one time to get help and they said something about a set up manager or something. So i think if you wanted to you could have someone set it up for you for a fee, and if i had to do it again i would probably do that

Revel Retail POS

We recently switched to the Revel system from an older POS. While there was a slight learning curve for our employees it was very slight and has run smooth. Since installing Revel the amount of information garnered from the system has already begun to transform our business for the better. I would highly recommend Revel to anyone that is looking for quality software that will bring them to the next level in their retail establishment.

Pros

Ease of use, back office software, Cloud based.

Cons

Many items for retail are not turned on immediately.

So happy with our Revel experience

Switched from another system to Revel. Has taken some learning, but so much happier with our Revel system. The customer support has been fantastic! The techs are very patient & kind, the follow through complete, and they're very patient with walking me through any updates or changes I've needed to complete. The only thing I regret is that I took so long to switch over.

Pros

The support team rocks

Cons

Not a mac user, so having to learn to use apple products

Hi Margaret, We're so glad to hear that Revel POS is working well for Bahama Bucks. Awesome feedback - thank you! Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Wild about Revel Systems

We decided to turn in the old fashion cash register and purchase a Point of Sale system. We decided on the Revel System, and after one season I can't say enough about the system, features and the customer support. It is intuitive so easy to train new employees. Great purchase order features along with a re-order feature.

Pros

Ease of entering items, cost, reports created, and customer support.

Cons

None at this time...

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Software Advice. I am so glad to hear that Revel is working so well for your shop! Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

My utilization experience with Revel POS.

Pros

The system allows for ease of product sales reporting in order to determine profitability of product offerings. The Revel system is simple to learn and master. Customer service is available quickly and can be contacted at any hour.

Cons

It was frustrating that Revel was so behind in chip card technology and pin pad technology. I had to go elsewhere for both. Not having a pin pad technology cost me excess dollars every month.

Garbage hardware

Pros

Offline mode...that's about it. The system in general is overly complicated and difficult to navigate.

Cons

They provide garbage hardware with very short warranty periods. Come on...a credit card machine that's designed to fail after 1 year with light use? And then you force merchants to pay for another one? Big time scam. We do not recommend Revel and are switching to another brand immediately once the contract is up.

RUN!

If you are considering a new point of sale system I would run as far away from Revel as possible.

Pros

Cons

Revel is a bunch of liars. They promise one thing and do another. They chargedinitial start up fees and immediately started charging our company per month per location back in June. It is mid September we still do not have any services set up with Revel because non of their payment processors were compatible with our type of business. Yet due to our terms and conditions they will not refund any...

Hi Lauren, I am sorry to hear that there have been some issues in getting you set up with a credit card processor. I see that you have now chosen one, and once we hear from you, we are happy to proceed. Unfortunately, sometimes there are small hiccups in getting set up depending on the route clients choose. Revel is happy to assist you along the way and our Support team is available 24-7. Best Regards, Sarah at Revel

****AVOID**** EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SCALES NOT ADAPTED TO RETAIL BUSINESSES

Pros

The overall experience has been extremely poor so there is actually nothing I would say that is positive about Revel

Cons

Revel customer service is extremely slow, as explained by someone else, you get to exchange emails with about 10 different people and no one knows what they are talking about. The average answer time from them is 5 days. I have a deli in London, and I have been sold Revel as a great POS that would easily work with Quickbooks, which I am using. They provided me with their integrated scale, which was unable to weigh goods that were below 100g. Also, ti was rounding up so a cheese that would weigh 123g would come up as 125g, which is illegal. I notified them and asked for a full refund (including the £2300 set up fee) , which they refused, whereas it is their fault if their scales are not fit for a business like mine. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS BUNCH OF AMATEURS AND THIEVES

Worst Decision Ever!

We were initially excited to have Revel implemented in our small bakery, however, after two weeks into the implementation we quickly determined that several limitation made it a horrible fit for our business. We watched all of the tutorials but nothing prepared us to know the limitations of the infrastructure of their system. Their sales person wasn't even fully aware. We were bounced around...

Pros

Looks good on paper in the the tutorials. Has a lot of features that could be useful to in standard restaurant environment.

Cons

Slow response times. No flexibility on issues and concerns. Much of the implementation work has to be completed independent of support. Waste of time, money and resources.

Good system to use as a point of sale

Pros

Has many features which can be used as in advanced way with technology . More use full for retail shops

Cons

Some complications . Mistakes cannot be corrected and anything created cannot be deleted. Inventory management is difficult task in restaurant operations

Siljo, thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. While we can't allow outright deletion due to concerns surrounding recordkeeping, we do allow users to inactivate items in their console so they aren't visible. There are several ways to achieve this—please reach out to Support to see which approach is the best for your business. Thanks again!