Revel Systems

The Best iPad Point-of-Sale System

Revel Systems Reviews - Page 9

Great POS

Overall, I had positive experiences using this software.

Pros

This is a great POS for any restaurant. As a server, I found it to be easy to adapt to and highly customizable.

Cons

Particularly detailed orders could prove tedious to input into the software but that more so lies on the management team that implemented the system and not the inherent fault of the software.

Best in Class Point of sale

Pros

The Revel POS has all the features my business needs to run my shop and I just love how easy it is to run it. My last Point of Sale took us 2 weeks to learn and Revel was learned by all staff in the first morning . Simple yet powerful. I have 4 systems and running strong thanks you!

Cons

It is more exp. then others in the market but again the only one that works with my business needs.

Robert, we appreciate your warm words! Glad to know Revel iPad POS meets your needs!

Amazing!!

Pros

Very easy to use and efficient. I've tried a few other POS systems but nothing competes with this software!

Cons

Good product and customer service

We started using Revel system since June of 2016. So far the system is very easy to use. The training time for new staff is very short. The system is self explanatory. Also Revel provides very good customer service. My problem is usually resolved within 5 minutes after I call them.

Pros

Easy to use. Not complicated at all. Everything is presented at sight. Good customer service.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to type on iPad.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Qing! We're so glad Revel is working well for Teriyaki Madness. Revel up! - Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Great, but is buggy.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to program, great customer service.

Cons

software is buggy. It seems like the product team is OK to push new releases before they are tested. Software updates regularly changes settings to default and with no warning. Bad handling of a bug-fix issue with Gift Certificate bug that is still not resolved.

Jason, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We constantly work on improving our system and are sorry you encountered a few bugs. We are working hard to fix them in upcoming releases.

Terrible. Save yourself a headache and find something else.

Pros

The iPad is nice. Other than that, nothing.

Cons

When this system was sold to me, the salesperson stated that it would work for retail businesses. While it does work for retail businesses, it is set up for the restaurant/bar industry, and the company will do almost nothing to tailor the system to your business. Inventory is a huge headache because you have to go create all of the menus that will show up on the iPad manually. Then, to put products...

Easy and accessible

Pros

Really easy to use and revel gives us lots of visibility into different aspects such as scheduling, payroll, and sales. We love it because it serves many different purposes for us.

Cons

A few glitches through the point of sales systems. Software will freeze from time to time as well which does effect the productivity to have that lag.

Hi There, Many thanks for the nice review! Glad to hear that you are getting a lot out of the Revel platform! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

Good Choice for POS

Pros

Revel System features a slick Point of Sale system. I am able to use many different payment types and works with Samsung Pay without NFC technology.

Cons

I would like to see more integration with different software we use. It's not easy to export some of the information to connect different data.

Worst experience and system with NO care factor

Pros

Unfortunately nothing. Once you're signed up expect to be left to work everything out yourself, constant errors, bugs, issues and troubles. If you are not IT literate don't even bother. If you are IT literate then expect hours of heart ache and sleepless nights, trying to get your business functioing

Cons

There is NO customer service, no care factor and not a single person who has a clue how to fix issues. It has taken us 12 months, and 3 account managers later to find someone who answers the phone, PENDING you call between 9 - 4pm, Monday to Friday.

Hi Lisa, Thanks for reaching out. We understand that the Australian team has been in touch with you each day this week and is working as hard as possible to resolve your issues. Revel is committed to providing the best experience to each and every one of their customers globally.

Worst of the worst.

I wasn't given the option to pick 0 or I would have. I would have given this company a great big fat 0 on all accounts for my review. Total waste of money. Run far and fast!!!!

Pros

If you can actually get this product to work your in luck because I hear it it supposed to do a lot of great things! Wouldn't know. Have had this system in my store for over 6 months and still have yet to work out the kinks to get it to work properly.

Cons

Forget customer service. You will never speak to anyone that knows what they are talking About. If you have a problem, which you will, good luck getting the parts to fix it. They will send you in circles for months at a time. Send you the wrong parts or non working parts. Not to mention the troubleshooting fiasco just to find out what part is junk that they send you. It's all trash from start to finish. Save yourself the time and aggravation and get a different system. If my store wasn't already open for business and I could switch i would. Currently looking into legal options.

RIP OFF - They are not honest

They will still charge your card after cancelling. They will refuse to let you close your account even after restaurant shutting down. They initially told me that there was no contract and it was on a month to month basis but later discover that they secretly inserted a 36 months contract into our agreement.

Pros

mediocre platform decent sales functionalities

Cons

Very pricey dishonest sales rep secret hidden cancellation clause of 36 after promised it was on a month to month basis agreement will still charge you after restaurant closes down

Highly Recommend

Pros

I really like the fact that I can see moment to moment data from my phone throughout the day and night

Cons

It is difficult to fix mistakes once a transaction has been completed

Hi Chad, We're glad Revel Systems is working well for you! If you'd like additional assistance with voiding transactions, just contact your rep and they will be able to walk you through the process. Thank you again for your feedback!

Great system, easy to use, and helping us make data driven decisions!

Pros

Ease of use, setup, and reporting functionality are all amazing!

Cons

You can tell it's primary focus was for the restaurant industry, but it has features that apply really easily to the retail sector. Things like inventory tracking and product mix are really helpful for gaining insight on what's selling well in the store, especially when I'm not up front at the register every day to see the product that's moving.

Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to wrote this review! We hope that your tips will be useful to other business owners who just started using Revel iPad POS. We are actively expanding our retail offering but we are glad to know it already fits your business’ needs.

Great service, and fantastic product. POS system runs like a dream.

I would highly recommend Revel to other businesses. The only negatives are the steep learning curve and the monthly costs.

Pros

The entire system is very intuitive and easy to learn. I've had to call many times in order to understand the system, and my questions were always answered.

Cons

There are so many features available, it's very easy to get lost in the amount of things you need to learn. It's a very steep learning curve.

Revel is great

Pros

It's VERY easy and intuitive to use, and the data that it supplies is very easy to interpret.

Cons

I have caught myself doing a little bit more legwork than usual when it comes to tracking down anomalies in sales and reconciling certain things within the program.

Thank you for your feedback, Grant! We'd love to hear more detail about the issues you're describing?please shoot us an email at community@revelsystems.com. Thanks!

Quality and simplicity

Pros

It's very simply to use, while still maintaining the quality of a 'fancier' more expensive platform.

Cons

The backend can be a little confusing to navigate but only until you become familiar with the system

Thanks so much for the feedback, Tracey! We really appreciate it. Best, Holden at Revel

Key tool for business

Pros

Multiple levels of POS customization on the front and back end. In addition, there are multiple levels of support for the company. They truly care about your business.

Cons

Inventory app requires three employees for Cycle counts. As a small business owner it would be nice if I could upload my current inventory counts and conduct Cycle counts without having three rolls assigned.

Great POS option

Pros

Product is easy to use; offers flexibility with configuration; on-boarding and tech support are great.

Cons

Somewhere along the line we were not set up for an onboarding call and it wasn't until we had a one-day on site training that our customer service rep realized we had not had onboarding. He arranged for us to have it immediately, but would have been better to have onboarding before he came.

Thank you for the kind words, Sharon!

Move along the line in Resturaunt!

It’s way easier to use than a regular box cash register and eases the headaches of customer complains, mistakes, and returns!

Pros

It’s versatility, there’s no order we can’t create for the customer, even when they change their mind halfway.

Cons

It limits me with Mass texting but to be fair many others do as well, however at least you have the option of texting their receipt and inputing five star rewards program

Awful system

Revel is an awful system that is very difficult to operate in a food business and very complicated to program. When programming, you never have an ensemble vision of the products and the various modifiers that go with them. When using, tickets get lost easily if servers don't precisely follow the useless sequences of buttons to push and there is no way to even know what ticket was lost until your customer realises his food is not coming. Among other issues...

Pros

good customer service

Cons

so many

Hi Fred, I'm sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your Revel POS. It sounds like you may need some further assistance with your menu build on the Management Console and I'm happy to put you in touch with the appropriate team. I will be reaching out to you directly to learn more about your needs. Our platform is highly customizable and works great for any quick-service, fast-causal, or table service restaurant. It can take some additional time setting the system up to best meet your needs. Our Support Team is happy to assist you. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

OverPriced

Pros

The functions and features were the best but the pricing for this software is outrageous. There are other competitors that were better priced.

Cons

The pricing was what I least liked about this software. It's great but there are other competitors with better prices.

Hi Constance, Thank you for your feedback! Happy to share your input with our teams. Best Regards, Sarah at Revel

Avoid if you need a customer loyalty program

Onboarded in March/April 2016. Was promised that Revel had a superior customer loyalty program. For every 24 macarons you buy, you get one free. That's it, it seems like it should be easy. I have been given multiple support tickets, had numerous ones closed without notice and no fix. The system cannot join 10-digit loyalty numbers to the clients seamlessly. Some days it work, other days it does not. By the way, its now November 14th.

Pros

Really pretty interface

Cons

Customer loyalty program does not work as promised

Hi Michelle, I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered with your Loyalty program. I've taken a look at your ticket history and it sounds like our Support team is actively working on the issue. Apologies for the delay. I'm happy to discuss your feedback directly and will reach out. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Review of Revel Systems

Pros

Working with Revel was a positive experience from the planning stages to the installation date (opening date). Revel Systems employee who did the install and onsite training did an exceptional job.

Cons

The online training took a while to schedule but we requested to move it to a later date since the key personnel were not available for the dates provided by Revel.

Revel Review

Pros

The system has an easy to understand interface.

Cons

Inconsistency with saving split checks, tedious process to adjust tips, glitches in system when sending items to kitchen

Hi Marin, We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you've had a difficult time our system. We're especially concerned about the glitches you've experienced. It doesn't look like you have any open tickets at the moment, but please let us know if any new issues arise. In the meantime, we will continue working to improve the product and your experience.

Run... You have been warned!

i will never recommend this product!

Pros

There are zero pros about this system and about this company! Their sales people lie and the system doesn't do what they say it will and never credit for their mistakes! We hired an attorney, contacted our bank to chargeback and turned them over to our state attorney general!

Cons

Their entire company is a con! You have been warned to find a more friendly service provider. Revel is a low low tier pos system!