ShopKeep Reviews

ShopKeep

The simplest way to make smarter business decisions.

ShopKeep

Great, easy-to-use system with the desired functionality.

Just purchased my second Shopkeep system for a new location. We are very happy with the system. It is easy to set-up without professional assistance. The back office is easy to establish for anyone who can operate a computer. Customer service is easily accessible on the rare occasions that we have a question or problem. We would highly recommend.

Good choice for us

Pros

There's always someone available to help if you have a problem. This system is very user-friendly!

Cons

Some of the hardware had issues and needed to be returned and replaced. The label printer for pricing is not the best - it jams easily. If you don't need a bar coding system, then don't use this piece. The credit card machine has to be rebooted too often, but I'm not sure what is responsible for that.

Love shopkeep

Pros

My food screen was very simple and easy to set-up very easy to find all the such as inventory, history on past transactions . It allows me to change my taxes for each county. So I always know exactly what I owe in taxes because i’am a traveling vendor. Great customer service!!! Thank you

Cons

My credit card machine the lighting isn’t very bright. I can barely see it if shine is shining.

Best POS System

ShopKeep is the best POS system I've ever used. It is user friendly for everyone no matter if it's the first time or the one hundredth time using a POS system. It has everything you to operate your business; the quality is great! The customer support team is awesome! It's worth the price; I would refer everyone to ShopKeep! Love it

Shopkeep

Love this register software! It's so easy to use and it is great for my large inventory

Be Ready

Sales approach was pretty standard, not overly pushy but don't leave much time for you to consider your options and before you know it you're locked in. Impossible to get out of contract and refund ANY amount of the services you did (or did not) pay for.

Pros

Attractive software, inventory management, customer service, etc.

Cons

Be extra sure you're ready to use the software/hardware when you sign up, as the return policy is absolutely non-existent. Even without processing a single transaction over 3 months while we waited to transfer our POS system, they would not refund a single penny for the un-used services OR help us process a return for the hardware we purchased. Customer service is, as advertised, quick and stateside, but unfortunately wholly ineffective in this scenario.

Totally Recommend!

I really love to work with Shopkeep. I was really surprised when I found the funding offer. That was totally unexpected and it came it the most perfect timing!

Pros

Easy to use, nice and user-friendly layout. Very intuitive. I never needed to do the training, it was SO easy to start using it!

Cons

CLOVER! Please, please, please! Stop using Clover devices. It's been 5 months we started using Shopkeep and we already replaced the Clover Mini equipment 3 TIMES!

User-Friendly Software

Shopkeep is a true gem. It is almost as flexible as competing systems (like Revel), but is so much easier to setup and maintain (maybe because of the limited options). The background settings area is as easy to navigate as a basic website with areas clearly labeled and settings easy to find. It pushes to the iPad POS interface with ease and accuracy and the interface is also very easy to customize and layout. With all of its ease-of-use, however, I have found its reporting to be sufficient, but basic. I'd love to see more customizable reports than what ShopKeep offers, but it still does the trick to get most of the information you need (if it is setup correctly). Overall, I would highly recommend ShopKeep to business owners in many industries to handle their POS needs.

Pros

User friendly interface for setup and use - incredibly easy to train new employees.

Cons

The reporting is limited and lacks options to customize.

Keep your ShopKeep

My overall experience was great. The customer service was great, the POS aesthetics were great, but waiting for 2 business days to get my money from my sales was just not feasible for our business.

Pros

I loved the POS functionality. It was very easy to read and easy to learn.

Cons

I did not like waiting 2 days to receive my payments. With other POS companies, I am able to instant deposit my sales. With this system, I wasn't able to do so. As a small business owner, that was a deal breaker.

Hi Tiffany, Thank you for providing feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with ShopKeep overall. 2 days is a typical amount of time to receive your credit card sales. In order to receive them next day you would need to end your day very early. Happy to answer any more questions about this. Feel free to email us at feedback@shopkeep.com Thank you, The ShopKeep Team

VERY HAPPY!

We started our first small business in May of this year and after doing some research, decided on Shopkeep. I know now we made the best decision! The software is very user friendly and the reports are exactly what I need to track inventory and maintain our books. Customer support is AWESOME! Thank you Shopkeep!

Cons

Great for small businesses!

As a small business owner, managing and running everything on your own, the simplicity and price of Shopkeep is fantastic. The customer service is very helpful and they make sure you understand everything before you hang up.

Pros

Ease of use Great layout Great customer service

So Far So Good.

Pros

Its very easy to use and the reports are great. The initial hardware setup is super easy.

Cons

There a a few things i would like to see changed like added search criteria in different areas allowing it flow easier and maybe a few features that allow you to go back one page without using the browser back button.

Right out of the box - BAD customer support

Bought Shopkeep based on their supposed "great customer service". Two interactions with them and all I get is deflection and form letters. BIG MISTAKE using shopkeep!

Pros

It runs on an ipad. That's it. The rest of it is worthless without support.

Cons

Customer support is S L O W! You ask for help and they say "we will back to you in 2 days" !!!

Simply the Best

ShopKeep, although it looks like it's made for a restaurant POS I have made it work for my business, which is a 3D Ultrasound Imaging Studio. It very user-friendly and makes things a lot easier from associates clocking into monthly total all easily accessible

Shopkeep review

Shopkeep is allowing for our business to move toward cashless transactions for both the client and the business.

Pros

What I like most about shopkeep is it eliminates the inconvenience of carrying cash for both the customer and the business.

Cons

What I like least about shopkeep is the transaction fees along with the processing fees involved with the service.

Overall good experience

Pros

Everything is pretty straightforward for the most part, a good, simple way to do checkouts.

Cons

We have a lot of products, which rotate constantly, so sometimes it can take a while to find the buttons I'm looking for. Also, there are a couple of features that are a little confusing to use if you are inexperienced, like returns.

Very limited functionality

It literally can only do simple sales, don't bother asking for fancy things like adding gratuity suggestions on a printed receipt, or adding multiple buttons of the same item on different tabs, or having prices automatically changed from lunch to dinner, or being able to edit a tip on a cc if you've made a mistake. Literally can't do anything else.

Pros

The office app.

Cons

Limited functionality

Easy to use this software i like so much that software......

This software easy my life............

Pros

the software shopkeep is very beneficial for the me and very easy to use this and not need any guideline to read for that software.i love this software....

Cons

The overall performance of that software is very best but in the someone selected item is a problem for me doesn't understand this issue.

Great!

Great experience, always easy to work with when calling and easy to use systems

Pros

User friendly, integration with Big Commerce

Cons

Cost of product more than competitors, however it typically balances out as the credit card transaction fee is less in most cases

Horrible Customer Service, Good Product

Pros

-Very good back office features -Comes with E-commerce options -Easy employee management and inventory tracking -Takes a lower % then similar companies

Cons

-Customer service once you purchased the product is nonexistent -Don't get to view product at all before making a large commitment

ShopKeep POS Review

Pros

I like the ease of use and infrequent down time. It's easy to train new users.

Cons

The price is a bit steep, and it is sometimes difficult to reach tech support.

Not help for small business

Once they get your business they will not care who you are. I would tell all the small business not to use this POS system. For equipment, they hook me up with POS Portal and my God that's worst company to deal with. Don't use this company.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Customer service and their partners like POS portal equipment.

ShopKeep Review

Overall, ShopKeep is a very helpful tool which I would recommend to my colleagues.

Pros

It is very to set up. Extremely easy to use and is very intuitive. The offline mode helps when there is no internet connectivity.

Cons

Customer support can be a little more helpful. Other than that I haven't come across any issue myself yet.

Mobile cash register

Pros

Great way to handle sales when on the road.

Cons

Internets/ data availability was an issue. not a software problem just the nature of traveling sales.

ShopKeep is a real winner!

Great product, constantly updating; the best CS of any company I have worked with. The customer service is where they really shine. I highly recommend you check out ShopKeep if you handle any merchant transactions.