Silent Auction Pro Logo

Silent Auction Pro Reviews - Page 4

BB

Bridget B.

Used other for 2+ years

Great software for the price.

Pros

I like the amount of support we receive. The amount of help available is very useful. I like all of the tutorials on the admin side.

Cons

ITs not the most user friendly. There are a lot of steps between registering and bidding. I felt like you needed to make sure people were registered then make sure it hey had a cc added and then make sure you could charge that card at checkout. Seemed like a lot of steps for the users.

Hi Bridget - thank you for the review. It sounds like you might have not understood the registration process. If you are selling tickets through Silent Auction Pro then anyone who purchases a ticket is automatically signed up for online bidding and their credit card is stored securely on file. The same applies for someone just signing up for online bidding. It is possible for an administrator to enter a contact into the system and then put a credit card on file for them, and they still not be signed up as an online bidder. That's not the way to sign someone up for online bidding. It sounds like that may have been what you were doing? -Jim

JW

Jason W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

OUTSTANDING SOFTWARE! ESSENTIAL FOR FUNDRAISING!

INCREASED REVENUE AND AN EXPEDITED CHECKOUT! It was priceless and we will be using from here on out! At first, the site can seem daunting, but with a great support staff and intuitive software with some key 'go to' areas to get to easily, Silent Auction Pro is essential to any live and silent auction!

Pros

Our first time using SAP, and it was a huge success! We love the online bidding via your phone at the event. Online bidding increased our revenue by 100%... it is easy to set up and even easier to use! Online registration allowed for the easiest checkout process ever! Our attendees loved the software and found it extremely easy to use, intuitive, and simple! Forgot to mention how easy it was to set up ticket sales too! It was so easy to set up and allowed for upsales and was even easier for our supporters! Get this software and use it all! You won't be disappointed!

FB

Fred B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Silent Auction Pro - Easy to use and very powerful

Great program that I have used 10 plus timers over the last 10 years.

Pros

This software is very straight forward and easy to use whether you are a computer geek or technically challenged. Customer support is the best you will find. 9 out of 10 you are connected with a live knowledgeable person.

Cons

Hard to find issues with this software. Has been able to handle about any game or twist to a traditional live auction we could come up with. With over 300 attendees the table assignments gets overwhelming.

JA

Jody A.

Used other for 2+ years

Great service and easy to use!

Great experience!

Pros

We were so thankful for the online platform when we had to cancel our event due to COVID-19. Our school has used the software for many years for our bi-annual event. As the new chair this year, I was so thrilled with the customer support we received from our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I found most of the features of the site easy to use after a little trial and error. I'm sure our school will continue to use the software for future events.

Cons

A few confusing hoops to jump through at times and our particular event doesn't really need the contact set up that is required for every entry. But mostly efficient and acceptable for our small school fundraiser. Another great feature would be to create an app rather than having to download the site as an icon to your phone home screen. This seems clunky today, when it seems that every company out there has an app.

BP

Bea P.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

The best silent auction platform out there!

I’ve been in fundraising more than 20 years and have manages event with silent and live auctions for gatherings of 250 to 1500 – both onsite and virtual. I’ve used a few different software programs in that time, but Silent Auction Pro IS THE BEST. Not just for its ease of use – in that everything you need is within the software, but because of the customer service they provide before, during and after...

Pros

Customer Service and support. The Silent Auction Pro team is absolutely terrific. The program is easy to use and most importantly my bidders found the registration process easy as well as the check-out process!

Cons

I was terrific. There was nothing I didn't like.

KG

Kim G.

Used other for 2+ years

The auction is awesome, having the website to organize al of the items makes getting ready so much e

Pros

I like that it lets us have an online auction time, table only time and then we can put what is left back on the site. I also like that it keeps track of who donates each item and which account it goes into at the end.

Cons

Having to take each item from a D to an A number seems like too many steps. If you could just make it an A number and then have to review it, it would be less steps.

Hi Kim - thank you for the review! The reason you convert donations to auction items is that allows you to combine multiple donations into a single item which is very common. Example would be the limo ride, theater tickets and a gift certificate for dinner could be combined together to make "A Night on the Town". That is done through the bundling flow. In cases where one donation becomes one auction item, you can use the auto-convert page and very easily convert all your individual donations to individual auction items with a couple clicks of the mouse. Being able to support the concept of bundling is very important. Hope this explanation helps! -Jim

TK

Trish K.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

SAP - A solid program for first-time users

Customer service support was excellent - quick responses to all my questions plus weekly call and reminder emails. After the event, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] reached out and asked for feedback about the program so that he could address any concerns and/or make changes. Immediately thereafter, he made an enhancement to SAP to incorporate one of my suggestions. I appreciate companies who strive for continual improvement and put effort into making their product the best it can be.

Pros

The video tutorials covering each aspect of the auction process were extremely helpful. The written HELP guide was useful too, but actually seeing the buttons to click in the videos made everything much clearer. Template letters were fantastic and helped save me tons of time by not having to create my own verbiage for each communication. The process of converting donations into auction items was very simple.

Cons

Table assignments section was probably my least favorite. Tables were not "movable" within the program so I couldn't arrange the tables to match the setup in my room. Sometimes using the mouse to "move" people from one table to another was quite slow, especially if I was moving someone from the bottom of the page to the top (or vice versa).

DM

Debra M.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Review of Silent Auction Pro

Pros

This software was east to use. Support was awesome--any questions I had were quickly answered. Bidders were able to register and bid with no complications. The close of the auction went smoothly and processing payments that were not processed by the donor was also easy to do.

Cons

It took me a few times before I remembered that when updating the donation, I had to update the catalog also. But that's on me, not the software.

EH

Elizabeth H.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Best Investment We Made

The customer service is great. Each group as a event coach that helps you navigate event logistics. The one-on-one attention your receive makes learning the software very easy.

Pros

The database capabilities sold us on this software initially. The ability to communicate with prospective donors via bulk emails was a huge time saver. When we transitioned to mobile bidding, we saw our silent auction proceeds nearly double!

Cons

The cost is a bit prohibitive when you are working to raise as much money for your group as possible. However, we priced many options, and Silent Auction Pro gave us the most for our money.

WB

Will B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Another Great Experience with Silent Auction Pro

Pros

We have worked with Silent Auction Pro for about 5 years. In previous years, we had an in-person Live and Silent Auction. Due to COVID, we moved our Live and Silent Auction event to an entirely online experience this year. The software worked seamlessly with our live, online streaming event. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] zoom'ed weekly with our staff and volunteers before the event and provided excellent advice and tech support for the event. The customer service is top-notch. We look forward to working with Silent Auction Pro at our next event!

Cons

First-time users might have a difficult time understanding the ins and outs of the software. Set up a ZOOM meeting with the Silent Auction Pro staff and they will answer any question you have.

KM

Kjirstin M.

Great customer service and great for the event!

I had a wonderful experience with silent auction pro. We had an event to go to- I made an account and purchased our tickets for the event and was assigned a bidder number for the event. I made a mistake and pressed the accept button 5 times and it charged my card 5 times! I immediately called and emailed customer service explaining my mistake. They took care of the problem right away and refunded...

NG

Nancy G.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

First experience with Silent Auction Pro

Managing a remote, virtual auction isn't easy but Silent Auction Pro made it as easy as I can imagine!

Pros

I had the distinct pleasure of working with Silent Auction Pro’s auction software and “coach” [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Initially they were to support a live event with both a silent and a live auction, but Covid had other ideas and put us into a virtual Silent Auction. I am not a software wizard by any stretch of the imagination but found I was able to navigate Silent Auction Pro well with some brief instruction...

Cons

It worked for me without a hitch. Occasionally I had to try multiple tabs to find what I was looking for.

Dessi F.

This software has made our silent auction events so organized.

Pros

I like that it keeps up with event records, prints off info sheets, bid sheets, and anything else I need for our silent auctions. I also like that we can sell event tickets through this site and the purchaser's credit card number is saved for express checkout from the auction.

Cons

The great thing about this software is that any time I find something that I don't like about it or I feel there is a way it could be improved I am able to contact them and they make improvements based on my feedback.

PR

Peter R.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Silent Auction Pro is Fabulous

The best part of working with Silent Auction pro is the responsiveness of the staff. In an era where help desks are an endless maze of emails and no replies. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the folks at Silent Auction Pro answer the phone and provide instant support and assistance particularly in the days leading up to and the day of your event. It is a refreshing joy to work with a team that obviously cares so much about the success of our event.

Pros

Not only was the auction product great but the Auction Day feature revolutionized our check-in process at our annual golf outing. We were able to pre-register many golfers and the use of the card swipers and the ease of getting our donors into the system really helped to get the day off to a great start. We we're also able to communicate with the golfers (and bidders) throughout the day by utilizing the text feature.

Cons

There really wasn't an area of the software that I didn't like.

MH

Megan H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Wonderful experience - we raised $150K at our first time fundraiser!

I am a nonprofit consultant and was hired to provide event logistics for an Austin, TX charity. I conducted extensive research for a software we could use for "paddles up." I was looking for a simple to use, affordable solution. Silent Auction Pro fit the bill. We used the software a little differently as we were already selling tickets via another system when we booked with SAP. I used the...

Pros

Ease of use and outstanding customer support

BE

Breanne E.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Once Again Silent Auction Pro was Perfect!

This is our 6th event with them and just like the 5 others it has been a pleasure and so easy to put on an online event. We were hesitant about having an event with COVID but they had great ideas and wonderful features to keep our guests easily engaged. We ended up making double what we thought we would make. I usually dreaded putting on events. As a volunteer you don't have a lot of time but now I look forward to it and can't wait to work with my coach again! Looking forward to our next event!

Pros

It is hard to choose just one. The customer service is wonderful! They are there not just when I need help but they call and check on me before the event too. Switching to virtual this year was scary but they helped me pivot with ease.

Cons

Loved Everything about Silent Auction Pro

PH

Patty H.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Silent Auction Pro was our Champion!

Pros

Once we learned the software it was easy to use. The support team at Silent Auction Pro is fantastic. If we had a question, an issue or just needed ideas, help was either a phone call or email away. Response time was within an hour if not immediate. We had accolades from users on the clean look of the auction, great photos, and easy to use. We liked that once the auction closed, payments were processed quickly, and we were able to begin handing out items easily. 2 main reasons to use them: Ease of use on the platform; Technical support!

Cons

Once a user clicks on an item, you must go back to the beginning to scroll through. It would be great if the auction entries and auction items could be viewed on one page- tedious to jump from one to the other.

SM

Stacey M.

Great Software, Great Price

Silent Auction Pro is a full featured auction and ticket software that is easy to learn and easy to use. The instructions in the Help section are very thorough. When I had questions, I was able to reach someone right away, and whomever I spoke with was very helpful. An event agent called me the day before and the day of the event, to help with any last minute issues. Although the front end interface...

Pros

Ease of use, full features, great customer service.

Cons

Font end interface not as visually appealing as I would like.

DB

Deborah B.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Highly Recommended!

From purchase through event conclusion Silent Auction Pro continues to provide Clay County Clothes Closet with a high level of responsive, professional support. This is key when you are a small non-profit which is managed and facilitated by volunteers. The software is a perfect fit for our organization and we have plans to continuing using Silent Auction Pro to manage our on-line fundraising initiatives.

Pros

Responsive 24/7 Customer Support Professional appearance which allows for customization Report analytics Ability to generate mass emails Ability to display large number of auction items

Cons

The pricing is challenging for a small non-profit organization's budget.

SC

Shelly C.

Excellent

This is the first year we utilized a web-based software for our auction. Our school has had an auction for 17 years. We found the web-based platform to be very flexible and easy to use for multiple volunteers from home or any other place they have access to Internet. Silent Auction Pro was very responsive and able to help us work through many issues. There are many great functionalities that are...

Cons

Thanks for the great (and constructive) review! It is possible to split payments between multiple parties but as you point out the item still shows as being "won" by one person and that person is the one would get the receipt. We've added this a feature request. - Jim

KB

Kim B.

Two Events Using Silent Auction Pro - Two Successes!!

I've used other silent auction software in the past. Silent Auction Pro is so much better than the other system. What makes it better?? Cost, ease of use, and most importantly support! I can't say enough about the on-going support that we receive from the Silent Auction Pro Team. We've used Silent Auction Pro for two events now, both have been a success. Each event gets better and each year we learn more functionality in the system. Silent Auction Pro continues to enhance their product. I would highly recommend Silent Auction Pro!

Pros

It has a great deal of functionality. There are many reports that help you before, during and after your event. The support from the Silent Auction Pro team is top notch!

Cons

Some of the screens are too busy but once you get used to the software it's fine.

LS

Lorretta S.

LOVE this auction software!!

This software is an absolute MUST if you're running a charitable auction. It completely steam-lines our auction processes. I've used it for 3 auctions and can't imagine ever planning and executing an auction without it again. (In fact, I refuse to plan a fundraiser if I can't use the software now that I know how valuable it is.) The planning and preparation of an auction is incredibly time consuming...

LS

Laura S.

Used Silent Auction Pro for a School Silent Auction

We did a lengthy search for a software to use for our school's silent auction. After weighing pros and cons of many different options we chose Silent Auction Pro because of its low costs and fees, it's ability to do mobile and online bidding and it's excellent customer service. Jim and his team are amazing. Every question gets a personal and very quick response and they worked to fix every issue...

JM

Jeffrey M.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

A bit of a learning curve, but OUTSTANDING customer support helped immeasurably

Pros

Silent Auction Pro did everything we hoped it would. Having transitioned from a Rube Goldberg self-constructed spreadsheet, anything would have been an improvement, but SAP delivered far beyond our expectations. The real key for us was their customer service. As we approached the date of our event (having procrastinated to the point of crisis, as usual), we found ourselves calling for help multiple times daily. Our SAP team was absolutely patient, helpful and, most importantly, AVAILABLE. Once our event was over and we debriefed with SAP, we found that any of our perceived lacks or deficiencies were more a function of our having asked the wrong questions (or maybe simply not have asked at all). So maybe their team could benefit from learning to read minds over the phone....?

Cons

The learning curve was a bit steep. In retrospect, though, I suspect that we simply didn't reach out to our SAP team early enough.

JC

Joette C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Mardi Gras Party

Our experience with Silent Auction Pro represented the first time we had conducted an online/mobile auction. There was a learning curve, but throughout the process, we found SAP very helpful and responsive to our questions. Up to the night of the party, there was always someone available to us by phone or email. The program takes a bit of time and concentration to master, as would be expected with...

Pros

Great way to keep up with donations. Great way to bundle items into packages. Great records on guests to use for next year's event. This software helps create a snapshot of the event that will be very useful. Very responsive staff. Affordable and helps bring in increased donations with the online option.

Cons

Takes a while to master. Requires a number of people at the event to check in guests. Guests don't like to have to wait in line for their bidder numbers. Some guests balked at mobile/online bidding.