Silent Auction Pro Logo

BK

Barbara K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Silent Auction Pro Software

I don't know what software the previous auction administrator used, but the checkout like was horrendous and it did not seem like everything was as organized as the previous three years we've used Silent Auction Pro. The donations, were more organized and the check out was a breeze.

Pros

The ease of use. Everything is user friendly. There is the help menu that explains every aspect of the auction. There are even video help pages so you can watch it being done.

Cons

There really is nothing to not like. The thank you letters are a little difficult, I was told by another staff member, but I've had no problems.

JZ

Joyce Z.

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Silet Auction Pro

Pros

Silent Auction Pro makes check in for our attendees, entering auction bids, printing list of auction winners, notifying auction winners, and checking out winning bidders very easy.

Cons

When checking attendees in, it would be nice to be taken back to the beginning screen. It would be nice in all the functions to be taken back to the beginning screen for that function. I did not always find that to be true.

Hi Joyce - thank you for the review! That issue was fixed earlier this week. We realized that starting from the Participant's report didn't take you back there after editing a contact. It does now. I'm sorry that was not working correctly for your event.

GD

Greg D.

The Only Way to Go

We just completed our 8th auction with Silent Auction Pro and the first one using the online capability. The feedback from our attendees was very positive. We believe the only way to go now is online and paperless. We have always had outstanding support from SAP. The software lets you perform routine tasks once and automates the rest. Excellent data export capability. It makes the event enjoyable...

HR

Heather R.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Great product for the price

When we moved our annual service auction online, we needed to move from our other auction software to one that had a Digital catalog and would process orders without any issues. It is a very good system and we look forward to working with them again.

Pros

We loved the customer service and training offered from Silent Auction Pro.

Cons

A bit more complicated for people who are unfamiliar with computer software. We had to do some workarounds to post more than one photo per item but I understand they have upgraded the software and have that ability now.

MC

Meredith C.

Couldn't ask for more!!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Silent Auction Pro. From their demonstration of the product prior to our deciding to work with them to the incredible technical support, Silent Auction Pro has everything covered. Any time I called them with a question, it was answered fully and politely. I never felt like I was bugging them or asking silly questions and that's an important aspect to me....

AH

Aaron H.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Good just got better

We've been using Silent Auction Pro for the last two years, and each time they have gotten better and better. Their support team is outstanding, always available to help, and always willing to walk you through whatever you need. They are also extremely receptive to feedback and have implemented features that we've asked for in the past. We have been very pleased.

Pros

The online auction is an amazing feature. The catalog is easy to navigate and manipulate on the back-end. On the front-end, it gives a great view and an amazing user experience. The online bidding is very streamlined. It's easy to place a bid. I especially love the option to place a max bid, where you can have the software bid for you.

Cons

The menu items can be confusing at times. When looking for something in particular, it can be hard to know which menu item to look under. Things like "Edit Group," "Edit Event," "Auction Admin," and "Auction Day," can seem very similar and it's hard to tell what exactly falls under what.

EG

Eric G.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great Auction Software!

Silent Auction Pro easily facilitated the conversion of our in person silent auction to a mobile auction. The package was easy enough for our older members to use and enjoy as well as the overall Parish. Items sold at a premium since we were able to open the auction days before our Bazaar. The live auction portion went smoothly as well and we were able to reconcile the results in one tenth the time of our old process. The software is well worth the price.

Pros

Silent Auction Pro enabled all of our Parish including the older members who were less comfortable using their phones to easily participate in our auction. The package was very easy to use!!!

Cons

Our most difficult decision was to actually make the investment to use the product since we are a non-profit and our labor is free. In the end, the results of our auction justified the cost.

JF

Julia F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great product and OUTSTANDING customer service!

Pros

I initially selected this software because it was affordable. I've used the software now to run a first, smaller event and received great reviews both from guests and from staff using it. What I love best above all is the incredible customer service that Silent Auction Pro offers. They really want to make sure you succeed. In the days and weeks leading up to the event, Silent Auction Pro staff contacted me regularly to make sure that my planning was on track and I was comfortable using the software.

Cons

The only feature I am missing is the ability to import data from spreadsheets. Instead, I have to enter each donation and donor one-by-one, which is very time-consuming.

Hi Julia - thank you for the great review! With respect to not being able to import donations from a spreadsheet - It's best to simply stop using your spreadsheet and enter the items directly into Silent Auction Pro. That way you won't be duplicating your efforts. It's not possible to do an import because of the relationships between donations and the donors that are automatically maintained in Silent Auction Pro for you. There's also other attributes you are probably not capturing in your spreadsheet that are required in Silent Auction Pro. - Jim

ME

Minette E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great Product, Great Service!

Not only was silentauctionpro a great online tool that was easy to use, train, and track contacts for silent and live auction, the customer service was beyond amazing. Every time I called with a question, I reached a competent, knowledgable person who was able to help me out quickly and efficiently. Our annual auction is the only fundraiser we do for our MOPS group and it works perfectly for our needs, plus there are even features we didn't get to, but would be beneficial as we become more and more familiar with this product, like using the text or emailing feature to notify past attendees of an upcoming auction, or donation info, or getting the hype up about what will be available.

JH

Joe H.

Great software at a very reasonable price

We have used Silent Auction Pro to manage our annual Kiwanis auction since 2007. The program has been vital to the success of our event. Silent Auction Pro is simple to learn and use, literally anticipating the needs of the user. We have improved our bottom line each year since putting the program in place and have raised well over $400,000 for our community. Pros: o Very well designed - Intuitive,...

AK

Alexandra K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Made our event successful

Pros

We have used SAP since 2012. It has helped make our event successful every year! It makes collecting the money from buyers so easy. We will continue to use them for our fundraising events!

Cons

Adding the users to the tables can be complicated without the last name of the user, but I mentioned this and they are looking into changing it.

Hi Alexandra - thank you very much for the review! FYI - We have already updated the system to save the last name of the purchaser as the default table name. Thank you for that suggestion!

PO

Penelope O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

This was the first year using a computer based program for an event. It made it easy in some ways.

Pros

I liked the software because it kept us organized. It was some-what easy to use and see everything. Having all information in one spot was helpful. Being able to see who had what and who won what in the end was nice. I also really liked being able to print bidder number and bidder sheets ahead of time.

Cons

Having a computer based systems was nice however, we felt there were a few things we didnt like. We found when going from an auction page to auction item the pages didn't talk to each other and wouldn't update. I also didn't like that the bidder sheet wouldn't allow for more than one auction item to be featured. In the past, my group likes to put up every logo that is in the package and show proper representation. We needed to make our own in the end.

11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

The best decision our community service (Rotary) club made wrt to fund raising tool

Reduced our cost while helped to only use items on the auction that brings the most money.

Pros

Reduces a committee work of 5 people to 1 person. We do a golf fund raiser every year. This helps with keeping track of donations, auction items and BEST of all automate the thank you notes after the event. We trick the system and use the Table feature in assigning Golf Cart 4some assignments.

Cons

There is no shortcomings at all. When in doubt I simply go to the recordings on YouTube as referenced by the help menu

JH

Jennifer H.

Our profit increased even when our attendance was low. Our checkout process was a breeze.

Pros

It was very easy to fix our set up mistakes, even in the middle of our event. Having users store credit card info in the system made check out very easy for us as well as our attendees. Having the option of attendees viewing auction items before event helped build excitement.

Cons

Many of our attendees complained that the software was a mobile website and not an app. We wished there were more info in the help section about how to give our users a better experience. For instance, turning your phone on the side will give you a better view of the auction item .

Hi Jennifer - thank you for the review! Interesting that people complained the mobile solution wasn't an app - I see that as an advantage in that you don't have do download anything to your phone (or do updates) like you would with an app. Appreciate the feedback though. -Jim

MC

Molly C.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great use for our annual event!

Excellent customer service and they are willing to work with you when/if you find an issue or have something that you need help with or help understanding! They are great and very responsive which is awesome!

Pros

I love that our users can bid on items mobily during our event which has multiple facets rather than just an auction.

Cons

We used a new function this year that was top n bid and I didn't like that it did not have the ability for users to have the option to use "bid for me" but that could be a piece creators could add in later

JS

Judy S.

SAP saves time!

The best part of SAP is the time it saves for completing your auction and checking everyone out. We use the system to enter all donations and create our paper bid sheets. First we go online only, then we print everything for the final on site bidding. The spreadsheets and lists that are automatically created allow us to double check that everything we received has actually been entered and assigned numbers. It is also so helpful that it can track different accounts within the system. We are raising money for more than one troop and we need to be able to see the final numbers for each troop. SAP does this for us. The check-out is a breeze if you have already entered credit card information when people are assigned their bid numbers.

Pros

Ability to print spreadsheets to look for errors, reassure ourselves that we have everything. Checkout with SAP we can use credit cards. Ease of preparing for in person bidding, printing of bid sheets is easy. Also like the ability to change minimum bids, bid increments and buy it now values.

Cons

If you group items the spreadsheets can get a little wacky. Easy to fix but you do have to fix it.

JC

Jeanine C.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Maximize Your Event Earnings with Silent Auction pro

We have used Silent Auction Pro for the past 7 years and have always had a great experience. The service is top notch. They are always available, helpful, and reassuring during a time like coordinating an event can be incredibly stressful. They are clearly trained as professionals and their service can't be beat!

Pros

This software is so comprehensive and will manage your entire event. While it has always been easy to learn and use, the recent upgrades have made navigating even easier. Training several new event volunteers to use the program was a breeze! SAP is so affordable and the profits generated by using online bidding makes our decision to "never use paper again" a no-brainer. We make more money using Silent Auction Pro!

Cons

Silent Auction Pro meets our expectations in every way!

CE

Claudia E.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Silent Auction Pro So Much Better Than Paper!

I usually work as a staff member at check-in and check-out -- the most hectic times of the event. Silent Auction Pro made these processes easy, keeping our guests happy and reducing stress for the staff.

Pros

I like being notified when I've been outbid, so I can persist on items I really like. The bidding process and check out are so much easier than the way we were doing it before.

Cons

I worked as a staff member checking guests in on laptops at our annual golf outing. The check-in process went fine, but later in the day I had trouble assisting guests who were using the app on their phones. I could use more training on how to troubleshoot.

jg

jil g.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great Program for Rotary Auctions!

We did a silent auction with over 100 items and it went very smoothly thanks to SAP. I look forward to using it next year as well. The days of sheets of paper on a table with auction items are gone! Results of auction are quicker and more accurate!

Pros

This program was easy to learn. I entered auction items via cut and past and it went quickly. Reports were easy to run as well. The Help feature answered most of my questions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was available as well.

Cons

Let Group Administrator add categories to Item Status.

DB

Deb B.

Great software

Pros

This is a great product. This is the second year we used it for our event. It is easy to use and makes everything easy and stress free. Selling tickets, managing table assignments, bid numbers and auction items is super easy. It tracks everything and at the end of your event, you will know exactly how much you brought in for your fundraiser.

Cons

I really cannot say anything negative about the sotware. It is easy to use and tracks everything needed.

JM

Jaime M.

Fundraising can be FUN!

We have been running a Charity Ball and auction for 84 years (I personally have been involved for 3 years) and this is the first time we've used software other than Excel spreadsheets. It took a lot of convincing to go this route, and we didn't go full in with the online bidding, but I hope to next year. We have 30 women all bringing in donation items, selling raffle tickets and event tickets. ...

NK

Nikki K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Best Resource for Silent Auction

our non-profit had an amazing experience with Silent Auction Pro for our silent auction. This tool helped us to start the silent auction early and therefore make a larger profit for our benefit. The customer service was one of the best I have ever worked with and they got back with answers to questions the same day. There were quite a few different fees included, but if doing a larger silent auction its worth the cost. The ease of use for ticket purchasing and running a silent auction was worth it. It was great that you did not have to hold a checkout for the payments and they were already set up online. I would recommend this company to everyone and will absolutely use for all the remaining silent auctions that we do in the future!

Pros

ease of use, able to offer tickets, make table arrangements and provide silent auction via mobile.

Cons

so many different features that you had to learn without a class that some were difficult to figure out.

MM

Montgomery M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Have used this product three times now and it has never disappointed!

Silent Auction Pro is a great complete package type program. It was great for marketing our event. Easy to use during the event, and made everything go smooth after the event!

Pros

Ease of use. Reliable. Multiple options to suit your needs. GREAT customer service. Great marketing tools, great for every aspect of a fundraiser event. If you are looking for a program to run an event, fundraiser, etc this would be a great choice.

Cons

Expensive. Not a fan of charging a percentage of proceeds.

PH

Pam H.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

I wouldn't run an auction event without Silent Auction Pro

Able to easily run a fundraiser with a silent and live auction

Pros

It's easy to use and makes my events go very smoothly. Guests are always impressed with the ease of check in and check out.

Cons

I think it's a bit pricey. I think the usage fee is a bit high and the commission to Silent Auction Pro could be lower. I also think there should be a discount for organizations who keep using it. There are other auction software companies out there and I might look to find a cheaper one.

JM

Julie M.

Used other for 6-12 months

Silent Auction Pro made our silent auction easy!

Pros

We loved the organization that went along with SAP. We could locate items and group them easily. We could record payments very easily. And now we can have all of the information stored for next year, which is huge! We can't say enough positive things about Silent Auction Pro!

Cons

The only hitch we had was that the system seemed to be down when we arrived at the venue the night of the event. HOWEVER, we called the company (at 6pm on Saturday) and someone was able to help us and all was well. So really, we had no cons to list!

Hi Julie - Thank you for the nice review! On the site being down - this must have been an issue with the internet at the venue end. We have multiple servers all running on Amazon's backbone that are all constantly monitored. We have had no downtime from Silent Auction Pro's side. -Jim