Silent Auction Pro Logo

SR

Susan R.

Civic & Social Organization, self-employed

Altoona Athletic Boosters Final Four Event

Silent Auction Pro has been a great experience for our major fundraising event. Their customer service and responsiveness on top of a program that was overall easy to use.

Pros

I love the ability to present the items donated however we choose with pictures and descriptions. The batch processing and reports on the event and tracking mechanisms help us a lot with running the event and checking our progress. The new look of the software was very professional.

Cons

The bundling process is sometimes a bit clunky though it works.

DF

Donald F.

Philanthropy, 51-200 employees

Great Program

This was our first attempt in using an online auction software. The program went off without a hitch. Their event coach was available whenever needed , was well familiar with the software and truly interested in the success of our fundraiser. The tutorials were very helpful and easily understood. A brochure, written by the company, concerning fundraising with live and silent auctions was very helpful, full of ideas to help generate more sales , , , , a must read for someone responsible for the auction(s).

Pros

The number of available and understandable tutorials, the great event coach from the company, and the full year license of the software, no matter how many events you have in 12 months.

Cons

Can't find anything worthwhile to report.

LS

Linda S.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

SAPro user

Due to Covid we used more features this year and it made our jobs easier. Will continue to use these features in the future.

Pros

Easy of use. Liked the ticketing features and reports. Used the Fund-a-Need for the first time.

Cons

I had some trouble using the messaging features like emails. Hard time getting it formatted the way I wanted it and it lost some of our graphics after posting. The support team always got it fixed for us.

JB

Jose B.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great tool with lots of features and support

It is a great tool and easy to use donor management system. To get the most out of your experience use your event coaches. Create a list for yourself of all the things you want to do and want to use, and they can help ensure you are using the shortcuts available and tools/features to make your event a success.

Pros

The software is very easy to learn and use. No matter your skill level it is easy to maneuver through the system to input information and keep track of your donors. It is a great donor management system and works well for your fundraising event.

Cons

I wish the photos for the mobile bidding looked a little better. There are guidelines available in help section to help ensure you use best format and size for the images. All and all they look good, but I know this is a feature they are continuing to update and I'm excited for any updates to this. However, our event still went well and mobile bidding was easy for all our bidders to use

JC

Jennifer C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Won't do a silent auction without it again!!

This was the 4th silent/live auction fundraiser I've put on but the first time I used Silent Auction Pro (SAP). The program was everything I expected it to be and well worth the money. I didn't use the Auction Day option because of poor wifi at the venue, but I will find a way to use it next time. The customer service was absolutely amazing - I received at least 5 phone calls from SAP just to see if I needed help with anything and they even did a one-on-one training class with me for an hour when I first started using the program. I am very impressed with both the software and the program, it greatly reduced my workload by organizing all the donations and creating the bid sheets and thank you letters - I will most definitely use SAP again!

Pros

Ease of us, excellent customer service

Cons

I was unable to customize the bid sheets to use bid # rather than name and phone #.

DB

Deborah B.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Highly reccomend this software.

This software really helped us streamline our event and made all aspects, from ticket sales, check-in, creating auction items and check-out run smoothly. I would highly recommend this software to help make your event run efficiently. The software is easy to use and really saves a lot of time and relieves a tremendous amount of stress that comes along with putting on an event. We did not have this software the previous year for our event and this year's event ran so much more smoothly than last year because of silent auction pro. The software is very affordable and worth every dollar spent. Anytime I had questions, the staff at Silent Auction Pro was easily accessible and more than willing to help. I would highly recommend investing in this software. You will be glad you did.

Pros

Ease of use and time saving properties

Cons

I cannot say anything negative about this software.

HD

Heather D.

Silent Auction Pro Software

We recently purchased Silent Auction Pro just before our fundraising event. We did so on the recommendation of someone who uses it for very large events. Although we started our event using a different software, next time we will use Silent Auction Pro to manage both the ticket sales, marketing, and the Silent Auction portion of our event. Some specific features that made it very helpful to us include: -...

KC

Kathleen C F.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Silent Auction Pro is fantastic

Our experience with Silent Auction Pro was great!

Pros

Silent Auction Pro has taken care of all the details that go into fundraising, from setting up contacts, tickets, bundling, Keeping track of people. Every detail has been carefully designed. Their customer service is superb! They were ALWAYS available to answer questions!!

Cons

The only con was getting to know something new at a fast pace.

SG

Shelby G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

I couldn't have done it without Silent Auction Pro!!!

Pros

Silent Auction Pro helped manage all aspects of our fundraising event -such aspects include; ticketing, silent auction, live auction, raffle sales, Paddle-Raise etc. The ability to have guests save their credit card information made the "check-out" process a breeze. Silent Auction Pro gives detailed reporting for all areas of the event. Silent Auction Pro's entire customer service team is friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

Cons

We had some troubles with getting our guests to log-in to the software ahead of time to add in guests' information or add their credit card information to their account. This is not any fault of the software though.

NG

Nina G.

Public Relations and Communications, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Easy to coordinate your graphics!

As both a member of our school's auction planning team and a donor at the event, I found Silent Auction Pro to be very easy to use. The program increased the professionalism of our event, made bidding fun and interactive and checkout was a breeze!

Pros

Graphics were easily uploaded for use on pages and forms. My role on our school's auction team was to design the logo and all the printed pieces (scratch/raffle tickets, program, signage, invitation, etc.) so my use of Silent Auction Pro was limited to making sure our pages and forms on SAP coordinated with the design the team had established for the event. Uploading our logo and a banner to use on SAP pages and forms was super easy.

Cons

I really can't think of anything that was a concern.

DW

Dawn W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great product

As an online auction service for our non-profit fundraisers this program is excellent. We have had great experiences with this company, and they are always on hand for support throughout the process.

Pros

Silent Auction Pro is very easy to use and has a wonderful auction catalog set up that allows for multiple quality images and formats. Their support staff is amazing and very helpful.

Cons

Silent Auction Pro really works well, and I don't have any current improvements that I would note.

KH

Kathy H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Lakeville Rotary Silent Auction

Excellent customer service we received from our specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a pleasure to work with, she is extremely proficient on the software and very friendly. We appreciated her reviews of our account and timely reminders on action items and suggestions along the way to make our auction successful.

Pros

Customer Service and the ease of use of the database.

Cons

we had no difficulty with the program. Very easy to use

JM

Julie M.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Silent Auction Pro is a game changer!

Our overall experience was very positive. Last year we used Silent Auction Pro without mobile bidding and were pleased, and this year we moved to the mobile bidding option and that was a game changer - we were even more pleased with SAP and it helped us have a very successful event!

Pros

The mobile bidding was a game changer this year. It was very helpful and kept us very organized!

Cons

We were truly pleased with everything. There were a couple of things in the program that were not self-explanatory and that we did not understand at first, but the SAP staff was always available to help us figure things out.

DS

Denise S.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

A Success

Our virtual event was definitely a success because of Silent Auction Pro. I am not the most tech savvy individual. Yet with the tutorials and support from the tech staff I gained a lot of confidence and was able to navigate through. Also understand this was done during the height of the pandemic. People dropped items at my door and I photographed and transferred to the site. I have nothing but the highest praise for my event coach: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

The software was easy to use to build the event site. During the event it was helpful to see how the bidding was going. Also it was the most headache free check out for the participants.

Cons

This is not a software problem is was me not utilizing all the great features the software had to offer.

CT

Cecelia T.

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Always Just A Phone Call Away!

Customer support is phenomenal! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there for every question we had to help us redesign our event into a virtual one. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond as well, to keep us on track.

Pros

I like how the software allows us to set up our silent action items and baskets.

Cons

I have not had enough experience with all of the aspects of the software to comment.

CW

Craig W.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Allowed us to take our Silent Auction to the next level.

We are a small volunteer group and this system fit right in to our needs. We were doing everything by hand, using Excel spreadsheets to do everything. This software has been an absolute lifesaver for us.

Pros

The system allows you to organize and keep track of donated items. The speed which we are able to check in and checkout customers is unbelievable!

Cons

This system fulfills all of our needs at the present time.

MC

Molly C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great Overall, Raised our amount earned this year

We raised the amount of money overall on our net!

Pros

I like the fact that the software texts or emails you when you have been outbid and that you can pre-schedule texts to go out to all the users on the day of your event.

Cons

In conjunction with the Pros, I dislike the fact that sometimes the system can get a glitch and the texts that get set up ahead of time do not get sent out even though you set them up correctly. Even with this, I'd use the group again.

Hi Molly - thank you for the review. Again, my apologies for the bug in the text messages not going out. That issue has been fixed.

KE

Kristin E.

New to Online Auctions

We've only been hosting an Auction for our preschool for a few years, but wanted to try out the online option. Silent Auction Pro seemed like a good fit for our process so we gave them a try. Our event was more successful than in previous years, we raised 22% more than last year, which was super great. The staff at Silent Auction Pro were very helpful and very present. It was easy to get the support I needed!

Pros

The customer service was really great. I probably had a billion questions and their "Help" information and videos online answered most of them, but I had a couple of extra ones I needed support on. The team was really great, supportive and answered all of my questions. Another "pro" was earning extra money, going online really worked!

Cons

I wish the software was a little more intuitive, it was a bit of a learning curve for me. But honestly, I know there is so much going on behind the scenes, a software would have to read my mind for me to really understand it! I also wish we didn't have to get a merchant account. I knew I wouldn't use it and it was a lot of extra steps (and stress) for something that didn't impact my system.

Excellent Product

We are a nonprofit. Silent Auction was an excellent tool for our largest annual fundraiser. Helped us to organize an event with over 250 attendees. Appreciate their timely responses throughout the process and their support team.

Pros

Silent Auction Pro is effective and user friendly. We like that it is web-based and tailored well to fundraising. We appreciate their prompt response whenever help is needed. The company is easy to work with - by phone or email. We appreciated their email reminders throughout the planning process.

Cons

Would like to have access to all Silent Auction reports indefinitely.

Thank you for the review! FYI - We do maintain the event history in the system and host all your data as long as you use us once a year.

LG

Lynn G.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Best Technical Help and Customer Service Ever

We are a nonprofit that was putting on a huge event of an online auction, day of auction and concert for 1,000 people. We had used another company for the last two years but were not satisfied with them. Silent Auction Pro answered every question we had, when we had it. They would stay on the phone and walk us through whatever help we needed from original set-up, to ongoing questions, to the day of the event and then after the event. They called us many times just to check in and see how we were doing. We raised double what we had the previous years and now have all of the data saved for next year. I can't speak more highly about them. I'm now recommending them to anyone that asks.

Pros

Once trained it is very easy to use. There are little tips that make it much easier once they are explained.

Cons

Not sure.

CR

Courtney R.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great Customer Support, Great Value

Pros

Customer Support for the Win! Silent Auction Pro offers support from start to finish. They reach out during all of the phases of the event, pre/during/post and are just a call away! We did our auction fully online but if we do set up a physical auction next year with mobile bidding, there will be numerous features to help us organize that from set up to bidding sheets to the check out functions.

Cons

The site can be improved in mobile responsiveness but it is easy to use on a phone whether you are using the regular site or accessing from the mobile site url. It was not a hindrance. This is in the works for a future update.

EG

Evan G.

Favorite Auction Software

Greetings, I have used Silent Auction Pro for 5 years. It is truly the ideal auction software for non-profit and charity auctions. With over 200 items being donated, it becomes challenging to manage these items in Microsoft Excel - but Silent Auction Pro makes it easy to manage it all. The software manages auction donations, tickets, seating arrangements, and acknowledgements. I have used other auction...

TH

Tara H.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Excellent Service

Overall, it was a great experience!

Pros

I like the organization of the software and how it sorts the products entered. I also really appreciate the attention the staff provides. It made me feel secure in using the software knowing that if I had an issue I could reach someone quickly to obtain help.

Cons

It took longer to find specific products quickly.

GG

Gail G.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommended

Silent Auction Pro's price cannot be beat and their support was exceptional. They were always available to answer questions and solve any problems. We have used them for 3 events thus far this year and are gearing up for two more in a few months. We are extremely happy with our decision to switch to Silent Auction Pro.

Pros

The software is easy to use and fairly user friendly. Working directly with the company made the process pretty seamless.

Cons

The real negative for us was having to enter silent auction donations and ticket sales in the same area. We feel that being able to enter these items in two separate areas would be much less confusing and make for better reporting at the end.

KT

KAYLIN T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

No need to look elsewhere!

Pros

We had the best experience with Silent Auction Pro. Due to the pandemic we were forced to move our entire event to a virtual platform and that included our Foundation Auction. There was much concern over how this would work and if we could still be successful but the SAP team was there to support us every step of the way!  We had looked at another company initially but when they did not answer the...

Cons

Nothing at all - it was the best software we could have asked for.