Silent Auction Pro Reviews

Silent Auction Pro

Live auction event management for nonprofits

Silent Auction Pro

amazing, easy, satisfied

Pros

We enjoyed the ease of use, the overall platform and the amazing technical support. We were very happy with our decision to switch to Silent Auction Pro.

Cons

There are few enhancements that would make things better, but we do not have any real complaints. It would be nice to have a physical check in button for registered guests.

Well Organized and Easy to Use!

We have just registered with Silent Auction Pro for our third year of our Parents Association charity auction. The system is so well organized and makes keeping track of everything so easy. We have tried other companies in the past but we are committed to Silent Auction Pro now because it is light-years ahead of the other companies we had used or looked at. My personal favorite aspect of partnering with Silent Auction Pro is the customer service. They respond so quickly to our questions via email or over the phone. That is so important because none of our auction volunteers are database or computer experts, and we can still use all the functions of the program easily. I cannot recommend them enough!

Silent Auction Pro delivered Great and Friendly Customer Service

My main takeaway of Silent Auction Pro was how helpful everyone was on their team. We were faced with managing a third party auction, which meant we received our auction items days before the event. It was crunch time, and Silent Auction Pro staff were super helpful! The videos were great, though it meant I had to invest a lot of time and effort in teaching myself the program for a potential one-time use. The system could be a bit more intuitive, especially as there are many steps to create items, packages, bundles, etc. But, every time I called, they were willing to help walk me through something. Thanks for all the help!

Pros

Cons

Not intuitive

Great Software for Silent Auction fundraising

We used Silent Auction Pro for a second year in a row. We received great support and the event went incredibly smoothly. The product is a great value for the price.

Pros

Great Support, and functionality. Great price.

Cons

I wish the photos of auction items were visible in the mobile version.

Hi Leah - Thank you for the review. FYI - The photos of auction items are absolutely visible in the mobile website. Depending on the size of your phone you may have to turn it sideways (to landscape view) to see photos from the list view. Then when you tap on any auction item you will see the photos in the detail view. -Jim

I wouldn't run my fundraising event without Silent Auction Pro!

I have been using Silent Auction Pro for many years now and I will continue to do so as long as I'm running auction event fundraisers. This software is so easy to use and easy to teach others to use as well. The check-in/ check-out process goes so smoothly and it's awesome that once someone attends the event, they remain in the system so you do not have to re-enter their information from year to year. I love how easy it is to print bid sheets, bidder numbers, etc. I also love how the software gives me all the information I need at the end of the event and I can look things up by bidder, by auction item, whatever I need. Thank you, Silent Auction Pro!

Cons

Thank you, Silent Auction Pro!

This was our first year of using SAP and we deemed it a huge success! We were nervous about making the transition, but once the decision was made, we were "all in". The support we received from SAP was outstanding from beginning to end, including post-event. They were very receptive to feedback and even made some changes along the way that supported our format. Check-in could not have gone any smoother; our donors and guests were thrilled with the ease. Our volunteers picked up on how to use the software quickly and were quite efficient the night of the event. We look forward to next year and to maximizing our use of Silent Auction Pro!

First-time Silent Auction User

Silent Auction Pro made us look like pros even though it was our first auction using software. It was so easy to use and helped me stay organized from set-up to check-out. We were very pleased with the results!

Pros

I like uploading pictures and keeping up with contacts and donors the most. Also, using ID numbers for the items.

Cons

Nothing really that I can think of

It was great to get a real person when we called during the event!

Pros

Everything was great from the beginning to the end! When I had questions about the payments received, I called and got a real person to answer my question. I like the way you can purchase tickets online.

Cons

I can say that the receipt they get at check out is a little confusing to the check out staff. I know of one person that got charged for his tickets again at checkout.

Hi Jennifer - thank you for the great review! On the receipts - Silent Auction Pro keeps a running total of the charges and payments made by an attendee. The only way I can think of that someone could be charged twice is if a payment was recorded as an additional donation at check-out time. If there is any confusion as to how this happened please give us a call and we can look into it. -Jim

Great product and great customer service!

Our organization used SilentAuction Pro for the first time for our 2015 annual fundraiser with about 400 guests. The product was easy to use and has excellent YouTube training videos which our volunteers loved because they were able to train at their own pace and schedule. The table assignment process was by far the best interface for that function of the many other products we reviewed before selecting this one. I can't say enough about the excellent customer service. I found their staff responsive, helpful and always willing to go the extra mile. The cost is very competitive, as previous users of RSA, we saved over 60% and felt we had many more features.

Cons

We were under the gun to get something in place prior to our first ever gala. We knew we didn't want people running to sign bid sheets at the last minute (like at our golf outing fundraiser), so this needed to be mobile. Not only did Silent Auction Pro provide this, they turned what we felt was a meager lineup of auction items into our most successful auction ever (both logistically and financially).

Pros

The mobile functionality that allowed us to do away with silent auction bid sheets.

Cons

The initial set up seemed a bit daunting to start, but the exceptional customer support and hand holding made it end up being a great overall experience.

Excellent Product

We have been using Silent Auction Pro since 2011. I love using this product, and would highly recommend it to anyone running a silent auction. It has saved us countless hours, and it allows us to present a very professional online and silent auction. 2016 was the first year that we used the online/mobile bidding functionality. We were a little nervous to utilize the mobile bidding option rather than traditional bid sheets, but it turned out to be a great success! Not only did we know our results right away, but so did our bidders. It also allowed people unable to attend the event to participate in the auction, whereby expanding our pool of bidders.

Fantastic Auction Website

Great customer service! Helped our event run very smoothly. Felt supported from start to finish! Great company!

Pros

Customizing features, choices in pricing, ease of use.

Cons

Sometimes finding the videos on specific features was difficult through general search, but the on phone support resolved any question immediately.

SilentAuctionPro

The staff behind SilentAuctionPro is first rate, as is their customer service, which is their best selling point in my opinion. I found my first year's use of the software to be frustrating, as I did not have time to get truly familiar with the program before trying to use it. That said, we will use the software again next year. Know that you need to train yourself before initial use, because there are specific steps that have to be taken to funnel all the information correctly. Once used appropriately, the software is a great tool. I do wish it offered more flexibility, but it is an overall sound program that will keep you organized

Very satisfied

From the time we started building our first event till today, we have been impressed with not only the soft ware but customer service was amazing in all aspects of meeting our needs.

Pros

Once I learned the ins and outs it really easy to use

Cons

So far it’s a great program that works really well.

Awesome Customer Service

With out a doubt a very good software package and great staff to back it up.

Pros

Silent Auction Pro coaches were always available to answer questions, even on the weekends. They are kind, patient and very knowledgeable in answering questions, as well as fixing user errors. Our coach even would even go in and double check our entries to make sure we had set everything up correctly.

Cons

I wish there was a simple manual on how to manipulate the data.

Very pleased and looking forward to using the software next year!

Our big event, Fashion & Frolic, hosted by the Women's Division Chamber of Commerce in Muskegon Michigan, was held May 7th and it was a huge success. This was our 3rd year using the Silent Auction Pro program and we are so pleased. It's so easy to use, from entering donations to creating reports and so much more. We love the bid sheets and the ease of creating auction items from donations, and this program has reduced our preparation time so much. The best part is the support---no matter what it was, we always got a fast reply from Jim or someone from the support team. We are so pleased with Silent Auction Pro and look forward to using it again in 2016!

Children's Safe Harbor Gala

We purchased Silent Auction Pro for our annual fundraiser for Children's Safe Harbor, a non-profit children's advocacy center in Conroe, TX. We were specifically looking for a program that would help facilitate the check in/check out process for our 500 guests attending our gala on May 6, 2016. We had struggled the last couple of years because we had gone from 100 or so attendees to 400 in 2015....

Awesome Product!

I used this software at my kids preschool auctions for three years and now that they are in elementary school, I convinced the staff to try it and we all love it. It is user friendly, intuitive, affordable, and has great customer support. I recommend it highly!

Pros

Ease of use, affordability, bid sheets are clean and professional.

Cons

Credit card set up takes time.

Modular product allows you to easily manage your auction/event

I was first drawn to Silent Auction Pro because of it's modular pricing structure. Our event is modest and most products I looked at offered way more functionality than we needed and came with a hefty price. We were able to purchase just what we needed to manage our event in a simple and elegant manner. It was great to use a multi-user system, so my team could help input donations. As I learned how to use the platform and manage my auction/event accordingly, the Silent Auction Pro support always responded quickly and gave me clear instructions as well as helpful suggestions. We'll definitely be using this product again next year for our event.

Cons

Overall it was great, minus the couple items mentioned above Thank you

Pros

love all the training videos love the help via phone and emails love that most of my questions were attended to in a timely fashion

Cons

A little difficult to add images to the cover page. Not sure why there is a cover page the link took people directly to the donation button, maybe, this is a good technique, but I feel like we were not able to get our mission and logo to those participating.

Hi Gina - Thank you for your feedback! We are actively working on providing a custom landing page that will simplify creating the page we ultimately helped you create. I expect that to be released summer 2019. -Jim

Auctions are easier now

The capabilities of this software save me hours. The updated look of the online item listings is fantastic. My donors feel like they are getting properly recognized within the listing of their item. The price of this software is also very reasonable.

Pros

ease of information input, ability to check history of items, bidders and donors, flexibility with picture and logo uploads

Cons

What a help this software was!

We were looking for a new software to use for our annual Gala's Silent Auction. Our biggest issue in the past was check-out at the end of the night. After collecting the bid sheets at the end of the auction, we entered all the winners and printed out lists of who had won in just about 1/2 an hour! Such a stress-reliever!

Pros

Ease of checkout, final reports available, check in with credit card scanners was a breeze

Cons

Turning auction items into baskets was a confusing process

First time user for annual fundraising event.

Love the automatic assignment of bidder numbers; this makes tracking every guest's purchases much easier. This was our first time having guests pre-swipe credit cards and it was a huge hit! Check out was incredibly fast. Next year we will request more card swipers to speed up check-in; we had 3 swipers for 225 guests. One recommendation would be to allow users to customize layout of receipts. We mailed receipts and hoped to use window envelopes, however the address did not line up correctly and the email/phone number showed. Overall, a great product! We are already setting up Silent Auction Pro for our spring event.

Octoberfest Fundraiser

Just finished out first use of Silent Auction Pro. We got a late start for our event, but with the great help from Jim at Silent Auction Pro, we were able to log a very successful event! There are so many aspects to the program that help organize your work that we were unable to use them all due to the late start. But NEXT year, we will have all our sticks in a row well in advance of our event, thanks to S.A.P.'s keeping all our records and making contacts so much easier for next year. Finding your computer literate person to start the ball rolling was our only initial challenge due to our aging congregation, but hey, we found him!!

Cons

It made running our event so easy

I cannot say enough good things about Silent Auction Pro! It was so easy to use and made the work of our London PTO Fall Fest & Auction look so organized and professional. The Auction Day component was worth every penny. The bid entry personnel finished in record time of less than 30 minutes for over 300 items. Check out was a breeze and accepting credit cards was a wonderful addition to our event. We have had nothing but positive comments on our auction from volunteers and guests. This was our first year to use Silent Auction Pro, but certainly will not be our last. Thank you for creating such a wonderful program at a reasonable price