Smartlook Logo

Smartlook

Qualitative analytics for websites and mobile apps

Smartlook Reviews - Page 2

AT

Atour T.

Research, 51-200 employees

I was able to update my website without requesting criticism, which saved me a lot of time.

I watch a few records at random and can tell what the user wants from our website.

Pros

The basis of Smartlook's conversion rate optimization mechanism is qualitative data. It enables me to gather, record, observe, and analyze visitor behavior on our website.Owners of interactive websites that want to employ qualitative analytics to enhance the performance of their platform can use Smartlook. Numerous third-party applications, including Wordpress, Google Analytics, and Shopify, are integrated by Smartlook. It includes a mobile app, is accessible for free, and offers premium customers access to additional tools and functions, which is really helpful to me.

Cons

I want to have the choice of viewing the recordings in a pop-up window or a panel on the same screen.I don't have the possibility to organize the recordings into folders or tag them.

Cynthia R.

Information Services, 10,001+ employees

Smartlooked for awhile now

Smartlook has given time management a new definition. It allows us to save tremendous time and work more efficiently.

Pros

So we've been using Smartlook for some time now and I always thought it was a decent program. Having just gone through an entire tax season with almost every call utilizing this tool, it deserves a second view so to speak. Smartlook allows tech support or agents (in my company) to share screens with their customers. We can see their mouse movements, help them to navigate through the various options...

Cons

The only thing I can say I least like about this software is that you can only screenshare within the website. Unlike another competition, you cannot screen the customers complete computer screen. If a customer wants to minimize a screen so you can see a document on their computer, for instance, you can't. In my line of work its not a deal breaker at all because the majority of the workflow is within the website.

Thanks for your review! This review is not related to Smartlook but more to Turbotax. Please change this, Lukas

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Good option to analyse your customer behavior

We used this tool for 2 years, it was very useful for use to record our customers interactions.

Pros

-Heatmaps. - Bugs tracker. - Funnel optimization

Cons

- The price is higher compared with similar tools

RR

Ray R.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent for improving the user experience.

Pros

The features it provides, particularly when beginning off as a free customer. The user interface is straightforward, with automatic recording of critical events that may be used to create a pipeline, a fast advance option, and emphasized portions that can be reviewed, among other features.

Cons

We do not use the Heatmap capability, and therefore feel it may be improved. We use a different service for it.

LV

Laura V.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Perfect blend of qualitative & quantitative analysis for our measuring our product

Pros

Smartlook is the perfect blend of qualitative & quantitative analysis for our product team. It's given us a new perspective on how users are experiencing our product — from how quickly users can achieve key goals, to what our product looks like on all kinds of weird and wonderful resolutions. The true power of Smartlook comes from how it captures every event that occurs, and then allows you to search...

Cons

There's nothing I'm disliking about Smartlook, although I'm looking forward to more flexibility with pinning stacked event charts (where I'm comparing multiple events) as a single dashboard tile. This would make tracking our key metrics really slick. Mostly I'm just excited to see where they take the product!

Hi Laura, thank you for your review! Lukas CMO at Smartlook

MP

Márton P.

The idea to look how our customers use our websites is brilliant. I'm always very excited to replay.

Pros

I have spotted out several typos and failures on my site just by looking what my visitors had seen. It provides the best insight as well regarding the customers behaviour, it is not comparable to anything else I was using (google analytics, path recording). I ve discovered a new world with Smartview and can't help spending hours playing back then recordings, and checking what and hiw the visitors were doing.

Cons

On a smartphone the right panel (offering other other recordings if the same visitor ) takes up a considerable amount of space, and it takes too much clicks and precise zoom to hide it. Itwould be better to be able to switch it off from the profile settings, (or simply deactive it for the free package) Its also a big painpont, that there is no option to filter out the recording from direct (not facebook, google etc), as this info is also not visible on the smartphone listing

Hi Márton, thank you very much for your review. We will change Smartlook in future and it will be much more mobile friendly. You can filter the visitor recordings in the advanced filters. Under Visitor behaviour is the option referer. Enjoy Smartlook Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

Aliya W.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Great way of deriving customer insights

Overall I am having an amazing experience of using this tool. This software has provided ways to the users like never before in terms of user behavior. This is a software that just feeds and records all of the users surfing over websites and in mobile apps which is a great thing because this innovative feature allows users to inculcate and derive information by filtering out millions of recordings in absolutely no time.

Pros

Moving on to the pros of this platform, this software is a great solution due to so many things. First of all, the heatmaps within the software are so useful. Moreover, this software is always showing important information like IP addresses and even country data on the user interface so that it gets easier for the users. Also, this platform provides an easy way of recording all of the user sessions which I find very useful and insightful which can help me in the later stages when it would come to explore consumer insight.

Cons

The mobile applications need more improvement in the sense that new updates are required which work well with phones as this can facilitate the overall experience a lot and can take the user experience a few notches higher. Moreover, the dashboard needs to be improved as well so that the user interface feels more convenient and easy too.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Discover how your users browse your website.

I activate Smartlook on my website once a week to collect hundreds of videos and review them during the week. In this way I discover possible failures or improvements and apply them.

Pros

Smartlook is a great tool that helps to know how users use your web page. Smartlook records videos of how users navigate, giving you basic information such as what browser you use, the country of origin, the device ... Thanks to these recordings you can discover possible improvements or failures in your web page. You can understand better because users can not complete a process and work to give them a better experience. In addition to the recordings, in Smartlook you can create heatmaps and funnels to have a better control of objectives.

Cons

In the SPA web pages the heatmaps do not work correctly. In addition, by default the CSS cache is activated and if you make changes to your web page it takes time to update them, because of this, you may be watching recordings that apparently have errors but in reality it is the fault of the cache.

Hi, thank you for your review! Lukas CMO at Smartlook

CS

Chryso S.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great for UX optimisation

We are generally loving so far the functionalities it offers to our team to be able to understand the digital behaviour of our users with our beta tool

Pros

The functionalities it offers, especially when starting as a freemium user. The UX is simple, automatically tracking important events that can be used to set up a funnel, the fast forward option and the highlighted elements you can review, etc.

Cons

We are not using the Heatmap functionality, and we believe there can be an improvement on that feature. We are using a separate provider for that.

Thank you for your feedback and nice words! I will share it with our development team. - Tomas

PS

Prokop S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

DX Heroes review

Smartlook has a clean UI and it's easy to set up. I wouldn't say I like the blocking page after the trial ended because I wanted to show SmartLook to my colleague first before we decide if it has enough value for our business.

Pros

It's better than HotJar and I want to support Czech startups instead of foreign startups. :) The UI is much better than in HotJar.

Cons

I am still not sure if the first plan has suitable value for the money. I really appreciate the extended trial period.

Melih Ç.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

I hope our competitors won't discover this tool before we take the advantage!

We decreased our churn rates by 20% in tutorial sequence. I believe this product can increase many of the mobile game's retention by 5% to 10% easily. I am writing this comment because developers are friendly, and they deserve success. However, I still hope my competitors don't discover this tool.

Pros

We love all the data and funnels but when it comes to looking at what players are doing in the game is something different. We can now watch what players are doing. This is magical! With Smartlook we can now learn what they like how they interact with the game, and we can design the game accordingly.

Cons

I think the monetization of the product is still premature however price is still great for this quality product. I believe if the product encourages companies to use it for every app & game they have, this product can increase it's revenue more than limiting funnel and events. Smartlook is a secret weapon for any mobile game studio, and if this product wants to tap into that market, its monetization needs to be adjusted. I hope our competitors will not discover this product before we take full advantage!

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Big brother helps you sell better

Overall very very recommended especially if you are in a debugging or Beta stage.

Pros

I LOVE this software as it has really helped us track down user issues that get reported. In the past when a customer reported a bug we would test and try and wouldn't always find the issue as it can't always be replicated. Could be the customer had an issue because of some Server load or because some process was running, we were never really sure. With Smartlook we know! We can find the customers session and find where they had trouble and watch the user experience. We can check if there were JS errors that don't normally occur for them or if there were glitches for a specific browser, all with ease.

Cons

The geolocator doesn't always match the geolocator we have on the site which means that it isn't always easy to find someones session.

Thank you for your review, Lukas CMO at Smartlook

Kevin S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Clever software shame about the after sales service

I found it very disappointing that I was only offered a credit and not a refund of the VAT that should not have been charged to a UK based business. After several emails to their support team they no longer even reply. BEWARE!

Pros

The insight to offers to client on boarding is invaluable.

Cons

If you are a European customer and don't want to be charged VAT that you cannot recover the sign up flow is very misleading. Although the VAT is offered as a credit note they refused a refund.

Hi Kevin, we are sorry for misunderstanding in communication with our customer care team. After checking ticket where you discussed the issue with VAT, we came to a conclusion that this problem was caused by not filling VAT ID in your order and thus VAT 20% was automatically included. In case our customers forget to add VAT ID and later on ask for a refund, it has an impact on our accounting...

Apparel & Fashion, 10,001+ employees

Using this tool is a breeze, and it provides helpful suggestions

To learn more about how our customers use our websites, we employ Smartlook. We can track visitors' actions with the help of Smartlook in a way that we can't achieve with other analytics solutions. In other words, we now know how to improve the user experience. Smartlook helped us discover what issues our customers were having as they completed the checkout process. As a result, we saw an increase in our website's conversion rate.

Pros

When you're trying to get a better understanding of a new feature, recordings come in handy. Using Smartlook's many filtering options, we can quickly locate what we're looking for. It's also critical for future development to keep an eye on how customers go through funnels.

Cons

Some features of Smartlook irritate me, such as the inability to compare A/B test heatmaps and recordings on the same map or video. Having the ability to filter recordings and heatmaps through Google Optimize would be quite beneficial.

Michal P.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Great qualitative analytics tool

Smartlook is a great addition to Google Analytics. It provides answers that you can't get from your quantitative data. A must-have for marketing analysts and UX designers.

Pros

Smartlook doesn't sample their recordings in comparison with most competitors. Their support and account management is top notch, wouldn't even consider a change because of them.

Cons

There are some bugs now and then but nothing too annoying. And I always get answers whenever I report them, it doesn't get unnoticed and they work on fixing them. User management is a bit clumsy at the moment but it should get better in the future.

Hi Michal, really thank you for your review. Actually we are working on a new user management , to make it more clear. Thanks for your review, Lukas CMo at Smartlook

MB

Madalin B.

E-Learning, self-employed

Reliable clients and cost-effective projects. I am freelance developer. I am using Smartlook to follow the projects for which I am bidding. It is very simple to guess what the customer is looking at and how adapted is the interface to customer requirements and experience. This way I get to focus on important projects and push the right price.

Pros

Cons

I often use canvas and iframes. I know it's a security rule but I need a minimum information about that content.

Hi Madalin, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook

KM

Kajetan M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Smartlook user

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity and ease of working with the tool. It is very easy to teach even a potential client how to use the smarlook in the future and learn from it

Cons

I miss setting a session limit for a given project and events for incorrect input filling.

TK

Thileepan K.

giving good experience to our online customers

Pros

Smartlook really help for our online business, we can find perfect analysis for our website with SmartLook, when we use SmartLook, we discover our website traffic source and bugs so we can give best experience to our online customers.

Cons

SmartLook have many features, we offer many product with our website so we need discover each product, sales, traffic, bugs, but SmartLook made easy to work with product analysis. we analysis about each product, so we update and give best to our customers.

Hi Thileepan, thanks for your nice feedback. If you miss something, reach out to us. Lukas CMO at Smartlook

Internet, 1-10 employees

Muy necesaria

Pros

Smartlook nos ayuda a optimizar la experiencia de usuario usando las diferentes funcionalidades: - Heatmaps - Events records. - Funnels ...etc

Cons

Mejorar los precios. Mejorar las sesiones de grabación video

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Shawn B.

Retail, self-employed

Great asset!

I got Smartlook to help build my conversion rate. I wanted to see what customers are clicking on and what they are not so I could improve my website to increase sales.

Pros

I loved how you can see heat maps on what visitors click on the most and what they avoid. I like that it literally records the visitors session to show you how to make improvements. I also like the fact if you pay for the entire year you get 2 months for free.

Cons

The only thing that can be changed is a lower price, maybe a smaller package. I have a small Business and it can get costly.

Hi Shawn, thanks for your reviw. Lukas CMo at Smartlook

Grisell M.

Getting analytics from the visitant view is a great tool nowadays.

Pros

With this type of solutions we can know if our visitors have problems when making a purchase, or find a button, for example, as well as verify the most common actions within a specific page. Record even the visits made from phones and tablets, always leaving the videos saved for 3 days in the app (you can extend the number of days by inviting friends to use the solution) and for three months in the cloud (videos that we consider more tools). In addition to the video we will also see the visitor's IP address, location, browser, traffic source and time spent on the page, so it is a perfect complement to analize.

Cons

The limit is too short, but it's enough if your website don't have millars of visits. Lately the tool has not recorded several sessions. Now blocks checkout page on free version. A world map of all the users connections, would be usefull.

Sagar M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

First tool to use if you're creating a mobile app

Great app to do qualitative analytics in user's natural environment helping faster product development. This enables better prioritisation decisions.

Pros

Ability to view each session and understand UX issues without having to wait for user feedback

Cons

Inability to create custom tags for users for easier identification in case where we want to view the recordings anonymously.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Good price great results

I'm impressed with the platform especially all th features you get for the price. I have tried other platforms that have a portion of this feature and for the mid in beta while Smartlook has really thought out the different metrics and filters.

Pros

Its easy to use with a ton a filters to filter users by location, page details, and other website activity. Y our even able to not only filter out your companies IP address but star valued users to continuously look at hate website behavior. It's easy to share the videos and view them to notice trends or issues amongst users.

Cons

It doesn't archive the videos past a certain time frame it also isn't super easy to sort by date

Hi, thank you very much for your review and feedback. We will add it to our Trello feedback borad. Lukas CMO at Smartlook

SZ

Silvia Z.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Smartlook helps me to understand of behavior of my customers

customer preferences

Pros

It is a step towards understanding our customers and helping us prepare our strategies. It is really useful to begin to understand our clients. You have an overview of the demand and customer preferences to help them customize the offer.

Cons

At least I do not like that this free version is limited and I often have to clear data. We would also prefer some statistics, for example, where our customers are from what country, region, city, age, and so on.

Hi Silvia, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert CMO at Smartlook

JW

John W.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Brilliant software by Smartlook and a real game changer its like looking over the customer shoulder

It is so easy to use and is like watching a video of someone using your website. I have no idea how they get such fantastic video quality (or seem video quality) and not slow down the website. This is fantastic software and a real game changer, I have already started spotting little tweaks that need implementing from watching over the customer's shoulder.

Pros

A fast easy implementation does not slow down the website, you can see what the customer gets up to. You will not believe the quality and once you have tried it no more need to study analytics charts to try and figure out what is going on. You won't believe it but it is FREE.

Hi John, thank you very much for your review. Lukas Mehnert, CMO at Smartlook