SmartSurvey Reviews - Page 2

Excellent customer service, brilliant survey tool and great value

Huge increased ability to canvass our existing client base, plus the potential to canvass a wider group. We can use this software for course/service/event feedback, to assess the demand for future courses/services, to understand how schools manage certain functions with a view to best-practice sharing opportunities. Surveys are far quicker for school personnel to complete than lengthy responses to emails or opening and completing email attachments. As such response rates have been vastly improved.

Pros

Customer service - quicker, more cohesive and proactive than other survey vendors we approached. The system is extremely easy to navigate and the option to use/view pre-populated questions was very useful. Data Output - the responses are very easy to read and quantify, meaning both at a glance and indepth analysis can be performed very quickly.

Cons

I'd perhaps like there to be more options for the background choices on the Pro version - as its designed for professional users I felt it would benefit from a greater range of choices. This was a minor complaint though !

SmartSurvey, smart choice

It did exactly what we wanted it to do at a reasonable price. We even got a discount as a not-for-profit.

Pros

Easy to use, versatile, flexible and provision of useful and easily worked with statistics/data

Cons

Sometimes it was a little difficult to find some settings.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Ashwyn, your feedback is much appreciated :) Kind regards, Neil

Excellent for student research

Very positive

Pros

It has all the features necessary for academic research and it is flexible with its plans. This is especially important for students and individual academic researchers. Ans it's very easy to use and it gives a professional appearance to the survey.

Cons

I had no issues, except for not knowing how the program classified complete and incomplete surveys, so I had to write and the following morning I had the answer to my question.

A great experience in setting up the account with SmartSurvey. Team are very friendly and can be con

Pros

Very Accessible visually and the navigation and editing functions are really user friendly. The team at SmartSurvey were really helpful, approachable and importantly can be contacted with ease.

Cons

Getting used to the system still and wanting to get more creative so need to understand how some of the functionality contributes to the overall impact of surveys. Would like to have option to download data directly in to powerpoint. To be honest this is really picky because you have to highlight cons on the review, but to be honest don't have any grumbles at all!

Really intuitive to use and great customer support

Easy to use despite loads of features - offers great value for money compared to other tools and has first class support.

Pros

Easy to use, great functionality and adding new features all the time. Multi-language support is great and the servers are in the UK so Safe Harbour isn't an issue.

Cons

A great tool for corporate surveys

Positive

Pros

The tool is very intuitive and easy to use. It has multiple functionalities, such as the ability to send via multiple methods and the integration with Salesforce. I also like the ability to create different tracking links for various target groups. The company staff are also very responsive, knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

Perhaps the graphical displays of the results could be nicer

Great software

Very satisfied. Would highly recommend

Pros

Easy to use with lot of analytical features Cant save multiple views and cut data any way you want

Cons

Chart function is limited Vest to export to excel

Hi Danny, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review it's much appreciated. With regards to your feedback on charts, we have a whole new results and charts section currently in development so you should see a significant upgrade to that part of the platform in the next couple of months. A couple of highlights are: A new cleaner UI Being able to filter, save and share views Select different types of charts and customise them too. Many thanks, Neil

Creating a questionnaire

Pros

Once you had navigated through the web page the software was easy to use. There were the options of using question templates but you could also make your own. The graphical diagrams of the results enhanced the content of my dissertation.

Cons

It took a couple of attempts to navigate the website to create the questionnaire. To create diagrams, charts etc you are required to upgrade to get this facility.

Hi Andrew, Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback is much appreciated! Kind regards, Neil

SmartSurvey is a great tool for my business

easy to use and responsive once you know what you are doing

Pros

Helps me to know what is going on in my market, Net promotor score survey is very useful

Cons

I cant think of anything at the moment

Easy to use even for beginners

the ease of creating surveys quickly and the ability to create and collect results very quickly which was convenient for me

Pros

i came across this site when doing my dissertation when i was weighing up my options on which platform to use, with this one i found that like some of the others it was one which is very simple and easy to use and gave the user a lot of control over the layout of the service and the format of the questions that can be asked and even as a beginner knew to this i was able to glide through the navigation and have a good play around with all of its features and found it was pretty easy to create services gather results and even export and downloa the results in different formats

Cons

sometimes you would like to format text of the questions for example if i wanted to bold something that was important for some reason i had a problem doing this and had to just leave it out but it just didnt work

Highly recommend

My overall experience with SmartSurvey has been frictionless, allowing me to efficiently complete my work activities

Pros

The ease of use and the features such as analytical insights, alongside confidence that all of the data I am collecting is GDPR compliant

Cons

Nothing. The software is easy to use and customer support is available if required.

Hi Natasha, Thanks so much for your review. It's really pleasing to hear you have found the software easy to use and you have been happy with your experience overall. Kind regards, Neil

Happy Customer

Pros

Struggled with other companies but found SmartSurvey easy to use and enjoyed the data tools with the pre-populated graphs. The after sales support was great too with somebody contacting me to check I was OK with the platform.

Cons

I needed a bit of guidance on the custom branding of the survey but soon got the hang of it.

Product that works

Fantastic from start to finish.

Pros

It is very easy to use and set up. The different reports for looking at data is excellent.

Cons

Think it is expensive for a small primary school to use once or twice a year.

Surveys When Needed

If you're needing to survey a group of people, this is a fantastic way to do so. Easy breezy.

Pros

I use this software when I need to send out short surveys to our committee members. It took me a bit to get the hang out creating the survey, but other than that it's been great.

Cons

It took me a but to figure it out. That might be a user error on my part, nothing wrong with the software.

Hi Teddy, Thank you for taking the time to review our software! We are really pleased to hear that it has been effective for you when distributing your surveys to a group of people. We are interested to hear a bit more about how you found its ease of use, and which parts you found not to be clear so that we can make strides to improve these for any future use. Thanks, SmartSurvey.

Easy to use with a great end result!

Pros

It's a dream to use and there is a steadfast back up team to answer any questions you may have. The templates are great - very professional

Great, user-friendly survey platform

The need to upgrade to access all features such as exporting the data to excel, but this is entirely understandable.

Pros

We have used other survey platforms before, but have found that smart survey offers the best value and is very user friendly. A great way to gather data and feedback. We will continue to use their service.

Online Survey Champions

I would say I had satisfactory experience with SmartSurvey overall, will definitely use SmartSurvey again in the future if required at work.

Pros

I used this software to create an online survey for my master's thesis. It was very easy to use and helped me creating an effective survey in a short period of time. I used the pro version so I used the data presentation tool to create graphs and pie-charts for the answers provided by the participants for each questions. I found that data export tool (5 Stars) very useful and effective.

Cons

Once I created the survey and launched it online, I realised that there could be certain changes needed in some of the questions. I could only change some questions whereas other questions weren't amendable. I didn't like that I was not able to make necessary changes to the questions.

Great simple solution for the price

Good. Ease of use and efficiency has hugely helped us respond quickly and gather data effectively.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use and set up. Overall we're very happy with it.

Cons

The reporting and downloads could be improved, but perhaps are better with a higher package, we have the basic.

Hi Laura, Thanks so much for leaving a review your feedback is much appreciated. You will be pleased to hear that we currently have a new reporting interface in Beta which we hope will be released to all users soon. This will provide much-enhanced filtering capability and updated UI to the results section of the app. We are also working on new chart types and the ability to customise charts which we hope will launch in the next quarter. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review. Kind regards, Neil

A very good overall experience . Easy to set up and retrieve information.

Ability to easily survey our population groups and drill down on areas that are perceived to need improvement or are strengths

Pros

Good interface with attractive options for survey Very easy to set up and publish Give good information of analysis with good range of display and presentation options.

Cons

Very few. May benefit from a little more online help in setting up some aspects such as how to filter to receive specific information.

Up and running quickly, easy to create survey, excellent support.

Allowed us to carry out one aspect of our pupil voice quickly and easily.

Pros

The user experience is excellent - it was very straightforward to create a form, preview it, test it and then extract the results. Every type of form field I wanted was available and the interface made it easy to create the forms I wanted. Support was excellent too - there's a good FAQ available but if not, support replied usually on the same day and often within a couple of hours.

Cons

Storing the forms in the folder structure needs a bit of work. At the moment I can only have one folder level - at least two levels of nested folders would make it easier to keep things in order. I have put this in as a feature request.

Easy to use survey tool

Pros

Smartsurvey is easy to use, has friendly staff support when needed, and complies with our data protection regulations by assuring we remain the data controllers and storing the data on UK based servers.

Great survey tool

It was great to be able to survey the school quickly

Pros

Easy to create rules such as if answer yes on question 1 it can skip to another question

Cons

It did take me a while to work out what things did

Excellent product

I have found this product extremely easy to use - I have used it myself to collect all kinds of survey data and also used it in teaching with students, who find the set up very easy to operate and have designed great surveys using a range of different response forms and mechanisms. The templates for each question are particularly useful.

Pros

Templates for question types

Cons

Skip logic is a little complex at first

Surveying transport demand

We ask rail commuters to take part in a survey by giving them a card at the station with a QR code on it. It is very useful to be able to modify the survey so we can correct for unexpected issues and so we can use the same cards at more than one station.

Pros

Skip logic has been very useful to save the respondents from going through unnecessary questions, it gives the survey a professional edge. We will continue to use Smart Survey

Cons

When skip logic is used the page and question numbering is out of sync.

Pros

I do find it easy to use, I appreciate how easy it is to design surveys with the options presented and then to manipulate the data. I generally export to excel, which works fine, as the presentation / graphic options are a bit limited on the responses page itself.

Cons

I would like to be able to change the fonts / formats of the graphs and charts but that is minor.

Hi Kim, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, your positive feedback is much appreciated. We have a refresh of the charts functionality in roadmap, it should be in product in the next 6 months. Many thanks, Neil