Heartland Retail Logo

Heartland Retail

Cloud Based Retail POS and Retail Management Solution

Heartland Retail Reviews - Page 2

Springboard Great POS Solution

Pros

Communication is seamless. From the time I contacted them until the time we went live, the Springboard team communicated efficiently and timely. Any project can be accomplished if there is a efficient process and Springboard has this covered! We will be implementing this program across all of our retail locations.

Cons

There isn't anything we have fond so far. I think eventually the PC desktop version should look a little more like it was made for desktop VS. made for an iPad , but overall we are so satisfied.

Excellent experience with Springboard Retail

Pros

I like the simplicity of the product. I also love that it is a multi-store product, so all six of our stores can be logged in and checking out customers at once.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. The product is so easy to use, and I love the reporting that it offers. I wish that it synced with our website, a Magento-based site, but that is my only complaint!

Springboard Review

Pros

The functionality is by far the best attribute of Springboard. It's extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. The system is always fast and rarely every lags.

Cons

There really isn't much to negative to say about Springboard, but the only downside is that, being that it is web-based program, if our internet goes down our company cannot do business.

Outstanding Reporting

Pros

This software has excellent reporting and fantastic support. I wish I had found it when I first opened my shop. Outstanding in every way!

Cons

We've been waiting for Springboard to dovetail with Shopify for our online business, and it soon will. The waiting has been difficult, yet Springboard's personnel have been very supportive in the meantime.

Shopify is easy!

We started this year with Shopify. It was a breeze to import vendors, stock and customer lists. The volunteers, most of whom work one shift a week or even once every two weeks, find it intuitive. Anytime I've needed help with a report, I've been able to find it in the help section or someone has e-mailed a solution the next day. We love it! Jennifer Jansen Guest Services Manager Locust Grove Louisville, KY www.locustgrove.org

Cons

Best POS system in the market

Love the simplicity and the ease of use of all the entire system and its features. Been a customer for just over a year and we've only had awesome experience with it. Very fast and its inventory system keeps amazing accountability. The only drawback if I was nitpicking is their online chat support which can take some time for a response. But you can always just call their support number instead and they're always helpful there.

Great POS System for Retail

After coming from a software POS system that offered a complicated process and little to no customer service, I was pleasantly surprised that at Springboard they have demonstrated fabulous customer service and communication through our transition to their software platform. As the Franchisor to a retail brand, I value Springboard's ease of use and fantastic support and customer service culture.

Cons

It has been a complete game changer as an off site owner

Pros

Ease of use and amount of data you can look at in real time

Cons

Nothing to report there isn't anything bad to say. If you want to fully use the service as it is intended make time to do the calls so you can get the most out of it.

Only going to get better!

Highly flexible, intuitive to use. They are always adding more features. Great support staff, some of the guys there really understand business and my needs and have been truly helpful in taking the sting out of switching to a new POS. Overall I am happy with the product and get more excited about it as they roll out new features.

The Search Continues

Pros

The basics of processing orders, reporting meet most of our needs. The general layout of the software is fairly user friendly.

Cons

The general costs of the pos is by no means too much. It’s just not what we are willing to spend on what we’re trying to get out of the software. We have very basics needs and it’s not quite what we can handle at this time.

NOT user friendly, seems like they could use a few more years to test this product to make it work

Mislead and disappointed.

Pros

there is nothing i like about your system

Cons

receiving products, ringing products, customer credits, pretty much every aspect of this system is poor.

Review time

Pros

The ease of it and accessibility of it are the best. It works well for us.

Cons

Nothing so far to report, I have had a good experience thus far.

Easy to understand and go back

Pros

Easy to work with and a good guide when problems arise.

Cons

It seems a little outdated, and it's hard to convert to newer systems.

Useful Tool

Pros

It has a simple interface that makes transactions as easy as possible.

Cons

The cost is still not too minimal and could be better going forward.

Springboard Retail is great and reliable point-of-sale solution for small and multisite businesses

The interface is not only simple to use, but also easy to learn. It is a system that allow very good inventory tracking. It has good reporting capabilities. The customer service is fast and friendly.

Wonderful!

Pros

I love how user-friendly it is!

Cons

Sometimes it does freeze! Also, I wish that it would integrate more easily.

Just wasn't what I was expecting

Pros

I was trying various POS systems and I almost purchased this system but it could not do what I needed it to. The only pro I can come up with is that customer service went out of their way to try and make this work for us.

Cons

Cons? Several. It was not that easy to use. It cost more than some competitors and if you need more than one location - forget it!

Springboard is good no customer service though

Pros

I like that it’s easy to set up and It gives you lots of different options to customize your inventory

Cons

The customer service isn’t good and they charge you to get more. Never heard of a company doing that before

no refund no matter how poor the services is

Pros

i do not know what the pros would be because they were not a good fit for our company. they didn't care about my experience and refused to refund my money.

Cons

it does not matter to them if they are a good fit for your company. I realized in one week that it was not a good fit for us. they kept my money for a full year subscription and i got nothing in return

Springboard Retail works for Wholesale Companies, too

We found Springboard Retail after searching for a program that can manage many elements of a wholesale business all in one program. We started using it Summer of 2014. We are now able to manage our inventory that is in our office and out with sales reps and on consignment. Although there is no "consignment" part to the program, there's a workaround within the system that is fine. Since everything is...

Pros

Manage inventory, run reports, invoice and credits, manage consignments -- everything is all in one program. It's mobile and in the cloud so we have access anywhere and anytime. Support always responds in a timely manner.

Cons

Quickbooks integration not the best, but works with a little effort.

DLM Supply

I have been very pleasantly surprised about how well Springboard has worked out for our Men's Clothing boutique in Dallas. My colleague and I did some extensive research in POS systems. We both had a history of working with larger clothing retailers so we were accustomed to robust reporting, advanced order systems, and detailed item management. Springboard has been able to deliver on all fronts. I've...

Pros

Reporting, reporting, reporting. Reports are entirely customizable and there are several metrics to choose from. I feel like i have been able to replicate several of the reports that I had available to me at the large corporation that i worked at, and that has been very impressive. User friendly interface on the POS. Very easy to teach to new users. Detailed item management capability with unlimited customizable fields. Allows for even more robust reporting. Ipad app works well

Cons

There were a couple bugs early on when using certain browsers. We now use Google Chrome more often than not and it seems to be working fine. I wish the item management integrated more seemlessly to our Shopify site, but i think this is nitpicking a bit since most of the other POS systems don't even offer any integration. Definitely pricier than the competition, but you get bang for the buck. Web based interface is risky if you have network connectivity issues. We have been lucky thus far, but I could see this as being an issue for others. Wish there was an iPhone app, a little hard to view on the iPhone browser.

A Constant Problem!! Terrible POS SYSTEM with NO SUPPORT

Terrible! I have been having continual issues with being able to take credit card payments without the entire system crashing and I've been working with their tech support for over a month now on this issue with NO RESOLUTION. They can't fix it or won't fix it and I am left having to uninstall and reinstall my credit card terminals multiple times a day in order to keep ringing sales. As soon as Q4 is over I will be shopping for a new system. This company is terrible.

Pros

When I first subscribed in 2017 it was Springboard and the user interface for my sales associates was much simpler than other programs. Easy to learn, easy to use and the sales transaction level. BUT, it never works so the ease of use is irrelevant because my associates are constantly fixing technical issues and communication errors that Heartland will not fix.

Cons

The integration with quickbooks is terrible! It will only integrate to QBO and even then, it has taken me 4 years to work out all of the integrations issues. My accountant hates Heartland because it is not sophisticated enough on the back end to track the inventory costs, fees, taxes, to maintain proper accounts. Clearly the designers never worked in the operations or accounts payable parts of retail.

Incredible System

Pros

We moved over from RICS because it was an older slower moving system. Springboard's reporting function is dynamic - it works as fast as my brain works. In the past, I would run a report on performance and invariably another question would come up while I was reviewing that report - In RICS I would have to go back and rerun another report (5 mins) - with Springboard I can slice the data any way I...

Cons

There are not many bad things I can say about Springboard. Every complaint I have has been addressed - occasionally I will request a feature or a metric (Inventory Turn!) that is not available now - and for the most part I have seen them implemented. There are several features concerning Open to Buy that I would like to see going forward. Also, Springboard only integrates with one Credit Card Processor, and although they were able to give me a very low rate, it's not great to be locked into one option. Also there have been a few outages in service (very few but still a scary situation)

Springboard Retail is modern POS software at it's very best.

Pros

The Springboard Retail team hails from a multi-store retail background so they know first-hand what POS software needs to do, how it should work and that it must to be simple and intuitive to use. That is exactly what they have created; no fluff, incredibly flexible and reliable software that is as close as one can get to a custom written solution, offered at a reasonable price. Unlike many other platforms...

Cons

I'm hard pressed to find fault with Springboard Retail as it quite capably addresses all of our retail apparel multi-store needs. That said, there are aspects that can and undoubtedly will be improved upon to make it applicable to a wider range of specialty businesses. For example, I don't think it specifically handles service/repair requests, but with a little creativity and assistance from their...

Great product, even better company

I consider it a great decision on our part to go with Springboard Retail. While I am able to list some areas of opportunities for them, it is very reassuring to know that they constantly strive to improve their software based on client input. They actually really listen to feedback and many times act on it quickly if other clients can benefit from the change. This is refreshing. In my opinion, it would be challenging to find a better value or partnership on the market.

Pros

Ease of use - intuitive nature Support team - always feel as if we are partners working together Dynamic Reporting Easy to customize certain fields to fit business needs Real-time reporting and sales sales metrics Mobility - using ipads within the stores, viewing results via smartphone Integration - happy with the timeline, support, and ease Training - very easy to train on this software, love the training mode Knowledge base - this is such a big plus. The articles are current and easy to find quickly Search capability - this is easily overlooked, but being able to put in part of an item's name, number or description and find what you need is huge! Same with customer information.

Cons

Within the current software, I would like to be able to use a fiscal calendar vs the Gregorian calendar. Outside of software- although Springboard Retail is focusing on their core competencies, I do wish the following was available within the software and not through third parties: Time clock feature Loyalty/VIP Customer feature Integrated payment - we use Clover and integrate