Swell Logo

Cloud-based customer experience management platform

Swell Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.77/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

birdeye
customer-frontlines

It’s very helpful in getting reviews for people I know that have had excellent experiences with our installations. Simply asking or hoping doesn’t go very far.
Ease of use and immediate results. Customer support is very helpful and want you to succeed.
The return on investment has been outstanding. Swell is an awesome company to work with.
When you do that it takes reviews away from google and Facebook. I probably had 30 people review me in swells platform which is completely worthless because no one can see them but me.
Removing names from list can be a bit confusing.
They already integrate with most practice management softwares so I can't imagine this would be difficult to do.

CG

Chrisane G.

Marketing Director

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Great Customer Service & a

Transcript

Chrisane: My name is Chrisane. I'm the Marketing Director and I work in Consumer Services. I give Swell...

Jeff B.

Absolutely love Swell! I have looked into and used other options, and Swell is the best.

We immediately saw a big uptick in the number and quality of reviews left by our clients.

Pros

Super easy to use. In one click clients can leave easy ratings and reviews on google, facebook, yelp, whatever. They send a report every month detailing the number of reviews requested, the number posted, average rating, and the number that were posted on the various search sites.

Cons

Getting a review from a client is more effective when the client is still in your presence. Once they leave your location, response rates go down. That isn't a factor related to the software, but just a fact of human nature. As long as your client isn't on your wifi, try and get the review before they leave your place of business.

EM

Ethan M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Smooth onboarding & truly increase our reviews

We were looking for a solution that increased the amount of reviews we currently get on Google, Facebook and other sites. We considered many solutions, and even adjusting our current solution, but when we talked to Swell we found them not to be the lowest cost option, but their quality shined. They definitely are lower cost than the other competitors we looked at (Birdeye & Podium), but what really motivated us was no contract and the fact that they were a genuine and sincere operation. Once we turned their solution on, it massively increased our rate of reviews - at least 5x.

Pros

Easy integration with our Eagleosft dental software. They increased our reviews by 5x. Support has been rarely used, but when we have had to talk to them: great.

Cons

There isn't anything we like least. Their support is responsive. Their website is fast and easy to use. Their software syncs with our server well. They have plenty of great recommendations. I don't know what to say "least" about. :)

BL

Brandi L.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Swell Review

Experience overall isn't bad. We continue using them. We have used other competitors of Swell and there wasn't much of a difference other than they charged double what Swell does. We still get pretty frustrated with the notification system and messages just not showing up.

Pros

The ability to connect with potential clients and current clients.

Cons

Notification system is poor. Sometimes we get them, sometimes we dont, or will get the notification but the message takes longer to show up. Notifications vary from application, be it, app or desktop.

Thanks for your review, Brandi! I'm glad Swell has mostly been working well and that it's at a good price point for you. I'm sharing your comment about notifications with our product team to see if there's anything they can do to improve it. If there's anything you'd like us to look into specifically on your account, we'd love to help. Please let us know at support@swellcx.com. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review!

SE

Steve E.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Swell for Tourism Review Collection

Pretty happy overall. Have had some challenges on the api side of things and making it work with Zapier and some of our outside platforms. They have made and pushed changes without notification causing breakage on the review side. Overall I am happy though as when its working its good.

Pros

Works really well for collection reviews for our clients

Cons

Some API hiccups and integration hiccups. Seems like its still in its infancy on the API side

MV

Max V.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Worth Every Single Penny and All Small Businesses Should Use This Product

I have had no problems with customer service, i have had only a few reasons to contact customer service, my experience is only positive.

Pros

Integration into the business was simple, fully integrated in less than 30 days, and i did not have to dedicate very much of my time to get that full integration accomplished.

Cons

Does not yet work with some of the most important review sites that are specific to my industry (legal services).

AF

Alan F.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Good at first, then...

Beware! The biggest problem we have with Swell is their customer service and support. It is a joke. We lost the ability to text our customers, through no fault of Swell, but when we called support we got their voicemail. We left a message during their posted business hours on a Thursday. They never called us back. We finally called sales and they picked up the phone on the first ring (a little trick I learned when companies don't answer their support calls). The salesperson said they would transfer us to support but warned us they like to get off early so they may not answer. They didn't... This company will do a great job during the sales process but their support is non-existent.

Pros

Texting was simple. We didn't use the review feature.

Cons

The latest app update changed the way a text message looks when you type. The sentence is a run on, meaning there's no breaks after so many characters making it very difficult to proof before you send to a customer.

OA

Omar A.

Amazing platform

Awesome experience and always get a response quickly if I have any questions or concerns.

Pros

The way the software was developed makes it very easy for a patient to review my practice and the numbers have been growing as a result. One of the best ways to drive referral marketing.

Cons

Multiple reminders can be a pro and a con. Everytime patient comes in he/she gets a reminder to review. Im sure those that dont wont to review may find it annoying.

BW

Brandon W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Awesome and Easy Service!

Sell CX has completely automated our review requesting process. We are finally obtained amazing 5 star reviews on Google thanks to Swell's easy to use interface and well formatted text messages and graphics.

Pros

I love that this software is completely automated. Myself and my staff do not have to spend literally any time to solicit reviews from our patients.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software.

AG

Alisha G.

Great product!

Love swell, we have gained so many new reviews in the short time we've had it.

Pros

I like the fact that I can customize my settings, then turn on auto reviews and never have to manually send review requests. I just have to maintain it by responding to reviews and texts, which is easy and still gives my patient's the personable feel.

Cons

It was difficult to integrate the software by myself, but as soon as I got a rep to help me it was very easy.

TG

Talar G.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Game Changer

Excellent customer support and software has worked without any problems.

Pros

Cons

I wish there was a phone app for it but it seems it is in the works!

JS

Joel S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Not bad for the money, not amazing though.

My experience has been okay, but not amazing. Not the best, certainly not the worst. It's a solid ok.

Pros

The interface is easy to use. It's clean and easy to understand.

Cons

We were sold on an integration with our current CRM. Swell has not been able to deliver on that promise. I don't feel like they have a lot of support to troubleshoot these issues.

LP

Lilly P.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

We love Swell!

Swell team made all the on-boarding process so smooth and painless. Once we went live with Swell our reviews were non-stop!

Pros

Results! We have results!!! Any other product we demo'd was not able to show facts, and prove how they product helped that other practice to achieve their goal.

Cons

Nothing! We love it! We love every aspect of Swell. It takes asking for reviews and following up completely off your plate. You and your team can focus on providing a great patient experience, and Swell will do the rest.

TB

Tyler B.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Product does the trick

Pros

Swell is super easy to use and works quite well. It produces pretty solid results when used.

Cons

Their customer service is pretty awful and the sneaky wording in their contracts AUTO RENEW without heads up of any kind. Thats a bit greasy.

Hey Tyler, thank you for the review. We're always happy to hear more about your experience, so please reach out at support@swellcx.com or give us a call at a (844) 560-2626 if there are any additional ways we can support you.

DW

David W.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Just do it! It works!

We have been very happy with Swell overall. Just the one HUGE negative of text duplication on mobile.

Pros

Simplicity of use. It's ability to garner reviews.

Cons

Problem with mobile chat duplicating the test is on ongoing pain in the A$$. Fix it already.

Hey David, thanks a bunch for the review! We're glad we're making a difference for you :)

TQ

Tyler Q.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Great Product and Customer Service!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Swell was immensely helpful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] went over and beyond. He answered all of my questions real time. Then he dove right in and helped create a Zap/web hook that now creates a new lead in our CRM automatically from our Swell account. This is game changer! It will not only save time but it will help us capture more business! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] thank you so much for all you do! 😊

Pros

Being able to text a client from our web site chat is game changer. Has increased sales!

Cons

The only con is you have to manually refresh the inbox to see new chats.

MG

Michelle G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great overall product for what it is designed for. Simple to use. Good results.

We collect and monitor reviews

Pros

Simplifies the process of collecting and monitoring reviews and gives us the flexibility to have multiple campaigns for each organization.

Cons

The support team is knowlegeable but the time to resolve support issues using the chat function is super slow as if the team is helping multiple customers at a time. There is a long lag time between communication. Pretty consistent on every interraction. The chat window should remain on top of other windows to avoid forgetting there's an actual chat in progress because of the delay.

JR

Jim R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Excellent Resource

Great team. Great product. Great supper. Highly recommend them.

Pros

Love the ability to customize the request message and the timing of the send. Deep links to ALL review sites that matter.

Cons

Wish it had video capabilities. I think they’re working on this for the future.

SE

Susan E.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great tool to reach your market

Swell is overall simple to use and allows us to have a different communication channel.

Pros

The best part is it's easy to use, everyone at the office can use it and our clients enjoy the simplicity of texting.

Cons

It currently doesn't allow attachments to be sent, sometimes clients send us screenshots of something and we are unable to see it.

MC

Maria C.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Swell for Dental Office

It is beneficial to have an automatic message send out to remind people to submit reviews. It saves us time.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the ability to communicate with patients.

Cons

This is somewhat pricey. It would be nice to have only certain tiers for specific uses. We use it to mostly communicate with patients for appointment reminders and reviews. However, patients can write reviews anywhere for free.

KJ

Keith J.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Achieved expectations...and more!

We were approached to try out their system due to integration with the online booking software we use. We thought we were doing great with just over 100 reviews on Google in 2.5yrs. Yea..wrong! When we implemented Swell, we expected it to boost a little. Never expected to more than double our numbers in just over 6mos with them. We thought we would try it out and get our feet wet so to speak with it. Now we are ready to start looking at adding features to it to help boost the incoming flow of people even more. It has been amazing.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Once we implemented the software and everything was setup, that was it. We interact with it though a web GUI. Automated responses, simple to setup templates, website chat with possible guests, and even facebook messages. All in one place. Makes it very simple to use, and train someone to use.

Cons

I have been using it for about 6 months and none so far.

RV

Robin V.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great software for Price

We have been very pleased since the switch!

Pros

Love the texting reminder for reviews! That has helped increase our review response quite a bit.

Cons

I wish I could text or email in the same area.

Thanks for this review, Robin! I'm glad you've been happy with your switch to Swell.

RS

Rebecca S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Would not Recommend. Waste of Money.

My overall experience with Swell was horrible. Not only to have issues from the start, but I was misled about a seasonal contract, as I am a seasonal business. So being trapped in to a contract where the claims of service are not being met. My number of reviews went down after starting Swell. This is a true salesman style company, great word tracks and presentation, but nothing to back up the claims.

Pros

The only good thing I can say is that the software was easy to use and learn. However, useless it may have been.

Cons

I experienced constant issues with the integration. Took over 45 days to get the Swell integration complete and working after being told it would seamlessly integrate to Fareharbor. Of course this used up my trial time as well. So you can guess what happened next. Reviews were not sent to every customer as was claimed to happen once the integration was complete. Response at getting reviews went down once Swell took over the review requesting.

TD

Talon D.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Pure Genius

10/10, couldn't be happier.

Pros

How hands off and accessible it is. It's hard to imagine something being easier to work with.

Cons

When my CC was changed I wasn't notified it was no longer working. Of course it's my responsibility as well.

FC

Fran C.

Swell is swell!

Overall, Swell is an excellent product and has increased our 5 Star google ratings since we've been using it. It makes

Pros

I love the notifications for reviews and surveys. I don't have to think to login to Swell- I just open my email and there it is.

Cons

I would like if the emails showed the review without the need to login for the full review details.

Hi Fran, thanks for this great feedback! I'm glad you've liked using Swell and that it's helped you earn 5-star reviews. I will share your comment about seeing the full review without logging in with our Product team. Thank you!

DM

Dakotah M.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Swell is great!!

Pros

Ease of use, affordability, great customer service, overall it’s great!

Cons

It does not integrate with Mitchel1 software