TicketSource Reviews - Page 3

NF

Nicholas F.

Ticket software fine, customer service seriously lacking

Ticket software was fine, analytics were useful, not particularly stand out amongst competition, what did make ticketsource stand out was the availability of ticket scanning hardware, unfortunately hardware did not work (most importantly incorrect charger for base station laptop), causing a great deal of extra work during the event and cost of temporary universal charger to get the thing to work. Faultiness of charger then completely denied by customer service, will not be using ticketsource again, is ridiculous after they made around £1300 from the event.

Cons

Thanks for the review Nicholas. I understand your frustrations. To confirm, we use the same make of laptop for all of our scanning kits so its not possible that an incorrect charger could've been dispatched. The scanning hardware was analysed by the technical team upon its return, and the supplied charger was found to work correctly with the laptop. That said, we really do value customer feedback and are always looking to improve our offering. To this end, we will shortly be introducing a brand new scanning solution which will better anything else available in the marketplace, so I do hope you will reconsider using our service in the future. A short preview of the new scanning solution can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVjHRr4hjk

PY

Phil Y.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Hassle free experience from start to finish.

Took away the hassle of ticketing almost completely.

Pros

Once set up, this software takes most of the trouble associate with ticketing away. The interface is fairly self explanatory and if things do get confusing the help site is both intuitive and informative. There was no claim process, as soon as the event was over funds were credited to our accounts and there was a full detailed report regarding every transaction.

Cons

The initial planning is a little long winded. I would like the ability to customise the seating plan layout further. There's nothing wrong with the current set up, I'd just like to be able to configure it to look like my theatre.

Thanks Phil, great to hear it's going smoothly for you. If you need any more assistance don't forget we've got a friendly support team waiting to take your call as well!

JJ

Joseph J.

Museums and Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Fine

Pros

used for an event last year, was fairly average

Cons

Not as good as other event management tools

Hi Joseph, thank you for sharing your experience of using TicketSource

KF

Kate F.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Ticket Source for A Literature Festival

Pros

Pretty easy to set up. Real time updates. Great customer support.

Cons

There are good reports available during the ticket selling period but I would like more on attendance and audience to be available once the events have finished.

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear you have found things simple during your events. We will pass on your feedback regarding the post event reporting for our future road-map.

SG

Sharad G.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Very good ticket selling software

Pros

they are very user friendly and we have always got positive remarks and cheers from our customers. Thanks to TS

Cons

There is no box office download option, everything needs to be cloud based/internet usage. but they are user friendly!

SJ

Shirley J.

Great for customers and for us!

Pros

We've been using TicketSource for many years now and the customer service team are exceptionally good at getting you started, helping to iron out kinks and give support when needed. However, the system is really intuitive and easy to use. They have added extra functions over the years and it feels very bespoke given how it can be adapted to different venues and events. I feel it is by far the most friendly and easy to use system out there.

Cons

The only thing (as a charity) we don't like is that any donations also get a surcharge as it feels like a heavy penalty on people's generosity over and above what they pay for their ticket fee.

Hi Shirley, Thank you for taking the time to review us - your feedback is always appreciated. Glad to know you're getting on so well, it's always rewarding to hear you're having a good experience. There are changes on the horizon that will be addressing pricing issues - watch our blog and hopefully we'll be able to announce more soon!

RH

Rihanon H.

A great ticketing company!

This is the second time we have used TicketSource and this time round it has been great! Last year we had a couple of problems that didn't help the way we handled our tickets but we went back with ways of how they could improve and their technical team worked together to help us. With their help we were able to sell our tickets with no problems at all. The back of house system worked really well for...

Cons

Hi Rihanon, thank you for taking the time to review TicketSource. We were delighted to hear that the problems had been resolved in order for you to be able to use the system with ease. It was lovely to read your comments about our Support Team as we always strive to offer excellent customer service. All the best.

LH

Lynne H.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great Product

Very positive. I would use TS again without hesitation, the booking fee issue is a slight problem but it was explained in advance in all our publicity

Pros

Reliability and ease of access once set up. Customer service/helpline excellent. Really made running an event much easier.

Cons

We had complaints about the cost of the booking fee and that it was applied to each ticket

Hi Lynne, thank you very much for your review. All the best.

SR

Shelley R.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Ticket Source is the best!

Pros

Ease of use both as a manager of the site and for customers buying tickets. Also, customer service was amazing!

Cons

Just a little nervous because we've never used them before and would not be getting our money until the end of our shows. But they contacting us right away with final total and the money was in our account when they said it would be there!

Hi Shelley. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for putting your trust in us.

CR

Christine R.

Excellent resource for ticket selling

My amateur dramatic society have no need to look elsewhere in order to sell tickets for our annual pantomime. Should we have any questions or queries there is someone to come to our aid either by phone, online chat or email. The customer service personnel are very patient and helpful. As someone who has limited understanding of technical knowhow I can get frustrated when trying to follow tutorials as there can be points that look simple enough but I get myself into difficulties. I seem to find things can't be completed as easily as TicketSource would think. I am someone who has to to have every move clearly explained and not assumed we know what to do - hence for me 3 Stars.

Cons

Hi Christine. Thank you for you candid review. We try to strike a balance in the level of detail we provide in the tutorials, however "one-size-fits-all" will always have its limitations and one of the considerations already discussed at this end in relation to our upcoming website revamp is making it easier to find user instructions on specific processes. We expect the new website to be live by the end of the year, so hopefully we'll come up with something that will be of use to you.

ET

Elise T.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent service with great support staff

Ability to customise our events easily in house

Pros

Ease of use, good data protection options and staff on hand to help

Cons

It would be good to see the type of tickets and sundries bought in one report

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, Elise.

LR

Laurie R.

Absolutely Ideal for Amateur Theatre Groups

The TicketSource site is quite the best I have found for on-line booking for our shows. We are just starting to accept bookings on line and were very nervous about the things that could go wrong leaving our customers frustrated and angry. I am pleased to say that nothing like this has happened and the feedback we have had so far is very favourable. The reports that are readily available keep us in...

Cons

Hi Laurie. Thank you for your very kind comments. I'm delighted to hear that your first foray into online sales has been a positive one. Just let us know if theres anything we can improve for you to get us to 5 stars! ;-)

KG

Katy G.

Cygnet Players Review

I think Ticketsource is a very good website for amateur companies to use. The seating plan side of things is quite difficult to create but once you have the main template for your theatre its great that this is added top you account and reused. The one aspect I find difficult is keeping on top of bookings made outside of ticketsource (i.e phone, at rehearsals) and then integrating those into the system so you don't over sell etc.

Cons

Thanks for the review Katy. I don't know if it will be of interest but I'll just share what the ticket secretary of a local am dram group that I used to be a member of did to deal with the ticket requests at rehearsals etc. She instigated a "friends and family" discount code for online bookings so that the cast and crew just provided the discount code to their nearest and dearest. That little incentive discount drew most of those bookings online, lightening her load. It also had a cut off date a couple of weeks before the show, which encouraged earlier booking. Just an idea. Anyhow ¿thanks again for your support and for taking the time to review us.

MF

Mark F.

Great Service

This is such a useful service for small organisations who want to sell tickets over the internet. We are a small amateur drama society who do no more than £4000 a year ticket revenue but find it is well worth while. It is very flexible and if you are reasonably comfortable with using the web it should not take more than an hour to learn how to use it. The only cons * To use it efficiently (so e.g. you are not copying out the same material frequently) takes a bit of time to master. * It is not free. As a small organisation we pay 10% extra for the service which we make the customers pay. This is a fairly substantial increase although I can see that Ticketsource has to pay for their service somehow.

Cons

Thanks for your review Mark¿ and for understanding the need for us to cover our costs (and make the business sustainable). We do try to keep our fees as low as possible and decided a long time ago not to charge for certain support services in the way that some of our competitors do. I hope the increase in your costs will be more than offset by increased sales in future.

KH

Kieren H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

School Production

The Overall experience was very good and allowed us to sell tickets for our show in a very efficient way.

Pros

It was very easy to use without any experience and had nearly all the features we needed.

Cons

Setting up the seating blocks and allocating costs per seat. I can see how this can be done but would have been easier if we could allocate per seat rather than setting this up as different seating blocks

Hi Kieren, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using TicketSource.

CF

Cynthia F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

I love the product and services it provides.

Excellent experience. I would use this product again.

Pros

It interacts with Excel, allowing you to print out reports along the way.

Cons

There is nothing to note that I liked least about the product. There were more menu items to choose from than I needed to use.

Hi Cynthia, thanks very much for your review and for sharing your feedback. All the best.

MN

Mark N.

Entertainment, self-employed

User-friendly, pro quality ticketing site

Ticketsource has all the functionality I could possibly want from a ticketing site, and is user-friendly to boot. I run uk based events and find it far superior to any other ticketing site I've used. The fees are reasonable, especially for higher priced events. Would thoroughly recommend.

Pros

It is comprehensively able to take care of all of my needs.

Cons

My previous criticisms were answered satisfactorily by customer services.

Great to hear that Mark - thank you for taking the time to publish your review.

AL

Annabelle L.

Good but customer service could be improved.

I find you site easy to use once you know what you are doing but it would be nice if there is a guide on how to use Ticket Source. If there is already one, I couldn't find it so you might want to make it easily accessible especially when people first sign up. Also, the charity I work for doesn't have a credit card so it's a bit more difficult for us to get the ticket paper. We can get it but only by ringing up and asking for an invoice. I did this but no invoice came so I had to chase it, which just added time onto my busy plate.

Cons

Thanks Annabelle, that's great feedback. We do have some tutorials available but we'll have to see how we can promote them better. In the mean time, we're always happy to walk you through any aspect of the system you'd like to learn more about. Get in touch via email, live chat or over the phone and we're happy to assist you. Our Support team is full of event experts and you're always welcome to draw upon them if you have a question!

BI

Benoy I.

Excellent ticketing experience for us!

We've just used ticketsource for our first event and it was a fantastic experience for our admin users and our clients using it to book the event. Easy to setup, simple to use and it has some great features too. The only two improvements I would suggest is with the free scanning app for iOS and Android where it was sometimes a 'hit & miss'. The other improvement could be with the 'refund' process where one can only refund in full and part refund requires ringing in to their support rather than having to deal with it ourselves online. But overall it was an excellent experience for us and we will certainly be using them again! Highly recommended!

Cons

Thank you for the suggestions Benoy, we're always looking for ways to improve our service and I've passed on the refund issue to Development for their roadmap. As for the scanning, if you could elaborate on the problem in an email to: support@ticketsource.co.uk then we'll take a look and see what we can change.

MA

Martin A.

Bath beer festival boost

I researched reviews of on-line ticketing services before selecting TicketSource to sell beer festival tickets, based on the experience of other Campaign for Real Ale users. Even though I was a first time user of on-line ticketing, I was pleased by the ease with which I could set up details for the event. I used the system at a basic level but there is plenty of scope for more sophistication, for example, bar code scanning. Over 70% of our tickets were sold via TicketSource.

Cons

Hi Martin, thanks for your recent review. It's lovely to hear how easy you found the system to use and how successful it has been for your events. If you'd like more information of some of the other features, our <a href="https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/blog">Blog</a> and <a href="https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/kb">Knowledgebase</a> are regularly updated with new features and how-to guides. Alternatively our Support Team is on hand with any queries you may have. All the best.

RD

Roger D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Ease of TicketSource

Removing the mess of manual ticketing and people reserving block bookings, then canceling.

Pros

Being the first time it was daunting to set up, however the email support was brilliant and responsive. The ease of the online sales supprised me and the software allowed easily daily if not hourly monitoring of the seating situaion.

Cons

The seating plan if you did it wrong you would have to restart it, but it did not take long to redo.

Thanks very much for your review Roger and thank you for sharing your experience with others. All the best.

PR

Peter R.

Helpful staff. Easy to navigate the site.

Pros

I could do almost anything I wanted. Reports were easy to generate. It was extremely easy to make alterations to people's bookings, or recover customer details. I needed one phone call at the start just to sort a couple of minor things, then it was really easy!

Cons

I had no real issues. From initial set up, I was not sure how the ticket booking fee would work, but one phone call sorted it out.

Thanks for the review Peter, great to hear about your experience and that it was so smooth. And now you know we're always at the end of the phone if you need us!

LG

LINDA G.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Glass crumpet

Excellent we will definately use the nest time we have a visiting theatre company

Pros

Never used it before but will again in the future

Cons

getting used to navigating but the on line support was great

Hi Linda, Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next event.

PW

Philip W.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

First time user. Loved itt

Very good product. I would use again

Pros

I selected ticketsource after reviewing market options. Other organisations I knew had used it. It worked really well and was simple to set up and use. Sundry options for preorder interval drinks was a lifesaver

Cons

Cost of system plus Stripe processing fees eats into revenue

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback, Philip. All the best

Fabulous.Made it so easy for me to sell tickets and promote my show.

Pros

Easy to set up in the first instance, very easy to operate both from a customers point of view and from an administrative point of view. Easily amendable and controllable for an admin, if changes needed to be made and on top of that, paid out extremely quickly.

Cons

Nothing, it worked perfectly for me. I found it perfect for what I needed - I really do not have any cons for this product,

Thanks for the great review! We always appreciate feedback and if you do have suggestions on how we can improve, get in touch ;)