Tix Logo

A leading provider of online and box office ticketing

Tix Reviews - Page 2

BG

Bob G.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Madison Lyric Stage Glad We Switched to Tix!

Working with our sales manager, Iris, is the best part of all. She demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the Tix platform and how to achieve both standard setups and customizations. She is very responsive to our email requests, and if she doesn't know the answer herself, she is ready to find the answer timely. Perhaps best of all, she is courteous and good-humored in the face of stresses others may be feeling.

Pros

We have distinctly benefitted from adopting Tix. It has allowed us to have reserved seating with ease, in setup and customization, ease in the customer's online experience, and reports for front desk and back office staff. Its reliable automated processes and flexible customizations for ticketing confirmations and event reminders have relieved us of considerable manual work that we simply no longer...

Cons

The report writer is meant to be adaptable to a really wide variety of organizations, situations, and needs, but can be a bit persnickety to deal with. On the other hand, customer service assistance with report writing, in the form of our sales manager, is excellent.

MB

MaryEllen B.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Tix.com has been a Game Changer for us...

Overall Experience: Wonderful. Marvelous. Game Changing. I am now able to do many things that I could not do before: -Number one is that I have someone I can call with ideas, questions, problems, issues. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]always answers the phone, and she always helps me. -I can alert the kitchen to know how many fans are coming to the game tonight, so they know how many hot dogs to prepare, or how many pizzas to order. -I can measure trends in attendance - which Visiting Teams attract better crowds. -I can easily report our ticket sales and expected revenue for cash flow purposes. -I can know which games have more kids coming, or more adults...we can tailor to the expected crowd. So many metrics are available to our organization that we just never had before.

Pros

Tix.com has been a Game Changer for Humboldt Crabs Baseball. We started contactless ticketing during the Covid pandemic, and Tix.com was the software that made the most sense for us. We reviewed other software choices, and the customer service, user-focus, and fast set up was just not there. We have CONTINUED with Tix.com for many reasons, but I would especially highlight the EXCEPTIONAL, WORLD CLASS customer service. We have a Tix Account Manager who always answers the phone when I call. She knows me. She knows how to fix my issues. Also important is the ease of getting up and running quickly on this platform, the ability to track our sales in real-time, and the ability to easily produce informative reports.

Cons

Sometimes the database is slow to navigate. Sometimes this happens when I am sorting through large amounts of records and I don't really know what I am looking for ( trying to help a customer of mine when they have messed up a purchase ). Once in a while I need to call with an urgent problem when it is "after hours". We are a baseball team and our games are often at night. We have been locked out...

LC

Laura C.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, fantastic support!

Tix has been a breath of fresh air for our ticket office after coming from AudienceView Professional. The software was easy to learn and get set up with and is surprisingly feature-rich, bringing us more options and more advanced options to work with. Couple this with truly great customer support from not only our Tix rep, but also the support and development teams, and you have a ticketing system that probably isn't beatable for the price!

Pros

Excellent tools for setting up events quickly and easily, including great discount and email management programs that make applying the same setting to multiple events a breeze! User interface for administrators and users (ticket-buyers) is straightforward and clean. Customer support is fantastic!

Cons

Reporting is different from what we are used to. There are a lot of different reports, and figuring out what we needed for our accounting has taken some time. That being said, we are very particular with our accounting, so this may not be a problem for other institutions.

BB

Beatriz B.

Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 employees

Tix Cares! *Best ticketing Company...Bar none.

I had no background on ticketing systems, Tix manager took me under his wing and now I can create events in minutes. Our reo gives a personalized customer service, based on your company's needs. He's patient and he has a great team, he's the very definition of a good manager. Experiencing a big ticketing company right now and it's disappointing of how poor the training and the customer service is....

Pros

Customer service is the BEST! No words can describe the amazing service Tix provides. User friendly, reports can be customized, access to everything we need to create events. Creating a new venue couldn't be any easier! Service fees are the lowest. They are caring and patient, they listen to your needs and give you ideas on how create a better event than what you had in mind.

Cons

Not many people know about Tix. If more people knew, Tix would be the #1 ticketing system in the world!

BG

Becca G.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Perfect software for assigned seating

Tix is constantly striving to improve their software. If I have a suggestion, odds are, it's already a project in the works. They are always listening to their customers and changing their software to fit their needs. They take the time to educate us on using their software and keep us updated with any new changes.

Pros

Tix is the only company able to accommodate our unique needs with our festival requiring two separate seating charts for one event. They are also one of the rare ticketing companies that allow us to easily change the order for a customer. The customer service is superb and they communicate clearly with realistic deadlines of when new seating charts can be designed.

Cons

Our lives would be significantly easier if we could check in guests by their first and last name, but I know it's in the near future :)

SD

Stacey D.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Tix makes ticketing easy

Pros

Mobile Opera began using Tix a year ago and from the beginning it was really helpful. The setup is intuitive and the processes are logical. The ease with which customers can navigate the ticketing process and the development tools for renewals and patron contact have improved our process greatly. The growth in early ticket sales in just our second year is impressive. Also, Tix' customer service is excellent with courteous representatives who are responsive and really know the answers. Tix is well worth the reasonable price.

Cons

WE are pleased with Tix and do not wish to publicly review features that we are still learning of. You require an answer here but we prefer to address any questions or concerns to Tix directly.

AS

Alfred S.

Music, 11-50 employees

Tix.com is the BEST in the businesses

They have been wonderful and supportive. When I email my rep she has a response with support very quickly. I am amazed at how supportive they are and answer questions so quickly and make things easy. This is probably the most important part of such a service. Having support makes it even better.

Pros

It's easy and simple to use and have detailed features. We are able to set up the box office anywhere as we have a few venues and places we sell tickets. And we can also do phone sales from our home office.

Cons

The printing of the tickets. We don't use a ticket printer at the moment due to budget, so we use a regular printer. It would be nice to have more than one ticket printed per page, but this is a minor issue that we have worked around. It does not effect our work.

FB

Frank B.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

TIX does what we need it to do and the customer service is spectacular

Stellar. Truly, truly stellar. I highly recommend TIX.

Pros

Covers everything we need for event scheduling and ticket sales. Customer service is stellar. I am very familiar with database driven software and easily understand the UI. My predecessor was not and has nothing but high praise for the customer support she received. Even on my end, I sometimes need help with mundane things and receive consistent support no matter the issue. The kind of support we receive is how we endeavor to treat our patrons. TIX sets a high bar.

Cons

Very little to say here. Previous iterations prior to 2021-ish were slow, particularly when the network traffic was crowded around showtimes on the East Coast. All of that has been resolved completely with their current major release.

CU

Carleton U.

Couldn't be more pleased with Tix, Inc.'s web based Box Office software!

After much research into the various vendors for on-line ticket sales, Zanesville Community Theatre, Inc., a small community theatre in Zanesville, Oh, made the leap into on-line and and off-line credit card sales in June 2004 with Tix, Inc. At the time, ZCT didn't have the CC transactions necessary to support our own merchant account. Tix, Inc. supported us with their merchant account. Furthermore,...

Cons

We appreciate your feedback, Carleton. Migrating from a manual ticket sales method to an online ticketing solution can be a time consuming process, and we're glad we were able to help you streamline your entire ticket sales process to ease your workload. We strive to provide the best overall experience for both you and your customers, and appreciate that you're completely satisfied with our system. Thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

JE

Jennifer E.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

TIX is the answer we needed--Great support and patron experience

We wanted an easy-to-use system where patrons could select their own seats for events in a 1500-seat venue and our smaller 450-seat theater. Going from our old paper system to TIX was a great decision. We were looking for a reasonable fee structure and solid customer support--TIX has both. Another feature that was important for us was to be able to hide the fee for certain events and TIX makes that...

Pros

Patron experience is excellent. Help library is great. Customer support is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes the reports do not output to excel correctly, but the developer said this is a known issue and is being resolved.

Jennifer, thank you for your glowing and comprehensive feedback! We're glad to hear that Tix has improved your ticket sales process and that our service and support team have made your experience with Tix overwhelmingly positive. Its nice to hear that your customers have enjoyed their online purchasing experience. Thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

MT

Monica T.

Events Services, 201-500 employees

Tix is a great partner for our venue

The personalized service we receive makes Tix a valuable partner in operating a successful venue. As a local government-owned facility, cost controls are not only important; they are subject to governmental review. Tix offers all desired features at a demonstrably competitive price.

Pros

Tix is easy to use for staff and customers. I have shopped the competition and appreciate the pricing and service that Tix provides. We benefit from Tix keeping our venue in focus throughout the customer interaction with landing pages etc. reflecting our name in the forefront.

Cons

Not all of the features of some legacy reports have been integrated into the newer reports that can be created. Some minor features (like changeable tax rates and ticket text for printing) are not as easy for us to adjust, fortunately [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always happy to make changes for us.

KS

Katrina S.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Praise for [sensitive content hidden]

Pros

Our Account Rep, [sensitive content hidden], offers incredibly prompt, thorough communication and service.

Cons

Reliability of the scanning feature is spotty and requires WiFi

Hi Katrina. Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We're glad to hear that your experience has been positive. Please note that our scanning feature does not require WiFi. It's been designed to work in online and offline modes automatically. Please reach out to our support team if you have any questions. Thank you for choosing Tix!

TW

Thomas W.

Entertainment, self-employed

Fantastic Service

We are a performing arts venue of around 600 seats. I spent a lot of time asking colleagues thoughts on what ticket selling service to choose. I received quite a few options, but after doing my homework, we went with tix. Some of those colleagues had to regroup when their service changed prices or closed down entirely. I've been happy with tix since day one. Questions get answered promptly. We use volunteers (retirees) to staff our box office and, to be honest, they can struggle with all things computerized. It's been so helpful that tix emphasizes their approach of prompt problem solving, no judgement, make it easy to get the job accomplished.

Pros

We've used tix for several years now, after doing much research on other ticket selling services. I find that it's easy to navigate, there is outstanding support and I've never had a question that wasn't fully answered promptly. The reports are complete and help us market and manage with ease. tix provides us with a comprehensive service for our venue.

Cons

I really don't have anything that I could list here.

DE

Drew E.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Fight Club OC Loves Tix

The staff at tix is always right there when you need them, so there is that comfort and support when you do have an occasional question or issue if any.

Pros

I love that tix built a season seat program into their backend which allowed me to click on one seat and print that seat for all six of my shows. Allowing me to sell a season seat... Brilliant!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is when I am picking seats out on the back end, the pop up screen always seems to get in the way of the next seat that I am picking. Probably an easy fix I just haven't brought it up to them yet to fix.

CM

Curt M.

Fantastic Ticketing Company

Pros

I have used Tix for over 10 years and can't tell you how much I appreciate their staff and excellent system. They are simply great, ytheir customer support is amazing, and their system has worked fantastic and reliably for me for years.

Cons

No cons. They are a great and reliable service.

AG

Alan G.

Great ticket company and excellent customer service.

PROS- -24/7 support and customer service -low fees -free setup, no long tern contract or start up fees and no hidden fees -offers a variety of options to help build business -customers have chance to choose their own seats/tickets via real time seating chart on line -easy and wonderful to work with, very accommodating and go above and beyond -able to customize floor plans and seating options...

Cons

Alan, we're glad that you're absolutely satisfied with our system and support. Tix is designed to put the power in your hands by giving you access to all of the features you've listed in your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you for years to come! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

AM

AJ M.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Simple, Great Customer Service that is always there to help and make things work properly

Selling tickets 24-7

Pros

It is a simple program to use. Easy Setup events allows you to get other work done to make your event successful

Cons

Lack of social media connection. Lack of information that can be placed on the tickets and being and to use the same information on the online and box office tickets. Need to be able to rename the categories on the e ticket to be able to put more coupons. Need to have an option to automatically set when to change ticket prices so you do not have to wait up until midnight.

DV

David V.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great solution for your event needs!

Tix takes out a lot of headache and small details in setting up your ticketed events. I like it a lot!

Pros

Once you set up an event, it's fairly easy to duplicate and set up any future events for each individual location. The Tix software looks like it's a part of our site once integrated.

Cons

I think it just takes some time to figure out how to make any updated changes to a new event without making changes to any previous events from the same venue or same production.

JG

Joan G.

Entertainment, 501-1,000 employees

tix review

been working with for many years.

Pros

multiple function options that help sort and set up

Cons

integration with credit card machine. easier understand of email management

JM

Jill M.

Performing Arts, 501-1,000 employees

Carpenter Center Review

Excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has input all our patrons into the system and we are ready to try our first online renewal June 1

Pros

Easy to build events and your customer support

Cons

Everything in the transition from Ovation to TIX has been very easy, thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

JB

Janice B.

1-10 employees

Annual June Dance Performances

Thanks to Steve for helping me navigate the program, our ticket sales went great! Quick response and convenient since I work eastern time evening hours and they are pacific time.

Pros

Ease of ticket sales. Nice reports to confirm profit and ticket sales.

Cons

Since I only use the program once every 6 months, I forget how to navigate the program. Thanks to customer service I manage.

Janice, thank you for your feedback. We have plenty of clients who use us for annual or semi-annual events, and we strive to continue to serve our clients to the best of our ability year after year. We're happy to hear that Steve has made coming back to Tix every 6 months an easy process! Thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

SV

Shadoe V.

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

Thoroughly enjoy tix!

My overall experience with TIX has been a great one and Iris has been a wonderful human to work with.

Pros

User friendly and ease of use and customizability to fit our needs.

Cons

I don't have any cons for tix at this time.

DD

Dee Dee I.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Tix is my go-to ticketing system

I’ve been a tix.com customer for many years now and am impressed how the system continues to grow and expand with the changes in the industry. Plus, as I mentioned below, their customer service is the best.

Pros

Tix is a very friendly system to use. I like how it has all the features I need for small & mid-size events, yet their customer service treats me as if I’m their largest client. They have the BEST customer service in the industry, hands down. I’ve used them for many different events of all shapes and sized and am consistently happy and impressed.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I can come up to complain about is that sometimes tix opens a bunch of windows and I can get confused as to which I’m working in. The good news is that it doesn’t seem to cause any issues. I just close them and start again, no harm, no foul.

CH

Cindy H.

Great customer service and support!

The software itself is not something easy to learn on your own. There are a lot of minor but important steps that you have to really know when you are setting up an event prior to activating to the public. The menu selection, description, and navigation is not clear cut and I find myself jumping around to find things. There are also a lot of menu selections that can be consolidated. We are probably...

Cons

Cindy, thank you for your sharing your thoughts. Many of our system changes and enhancements have come about as a result of feedback like yours. We are currently in the process of making some changes to our system that should consolidate some of our menu options. We are also working on ways of making our Help options more prominent and easier to find. Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

KS

Krista S.

Great experience with Tix

Greatly appreciate the wonderful customer service with Iris, she always worked hard to meet our needs with our events and went above and beyond in the way that she helped and always gave assistance quickly. She was always easy to get a hold of and offered detailed help both to assist and enable to do it oneself. This was a much better experience when we were switched to be under her care and management. I...

Cons

Krista, we are very happy to hear that your experience with our system and our team has been so positive. We are working on some changes to our system that will make it more intuitive and even more user-friendly. Thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.