Trumba Connect Logo

Suggested alternatives

cvent-event-management
eventcreate-1
upper-hand

The fact that you can tailor it to almost any calendaring related need. Integrates into pretty much any website that you have HTML source access so it's wonderfully platform/environment agonistic.
Getting lost finding the settings to change the display and contents of an event list.

mr

maria r.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Trumba is easy to use and has potential

Pros

Customer support is efficient and friendly.

Cons

We cannot find our events on Google or Facebook and do not have a schema.

Hi Maria, Thank you for your review. We have verified that most of your events are available in Google search results and do include Event Schema metadata. Calendars that are marked “not searchable” within Trumba are not available in Google. If you'd like to have those calendars indexed by Google, you can mark them as searchable in your Publish Settings. Again, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Thanks for choosing Trumba, Trumba Support Team

KR

Kristin R.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent Product

Excellent customer services. Quick responses to emailed questions. Trumba Connect has simplified the work I do. Our old events system required numerous clicks to publish a single event. Now I can preview the event and publish it in one click.

Pros

The onboarding process was made easy thanks to a Trumba representative walking through the set-up and answering a variety of questions that led to using Trumba in a more comprehensive way.

Cons

The back-end still takes a lot of getting used to. It's not always clear what certain fields mean or how they might appear on the front-end.

Hi Kristin, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We're glad you think Trumba is an excellent product, and our Support Manager is so helpful to you (we think he's pretty great too!). It's also wonderful to hear that Trumba has simplified the work you do. Thank you again for your review, Trumba Support Team

JM

Josh M.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Incredibly powerful calendaring system for large org's IF you don't mind it's rough UI/UX

Once it's setup it's very reliable and for the most part if you don't have to be the admin it's actually quite a good system that can be deployed on almost anything. I work in government so I work with antiquated and dated interfaces all the time and Trumba's backend is definitely dated and quite difficult to customize. Feels like a programer was also the designer of the UI.

Pros

Cons

Backend / Admin interface is a study in what not to do. I always feel like I'm guessing / searching for what I'm looking for. I read the help docs alot, pretty much everytime I do any customization to the config because nothing is intuitive. Everything feels like it's multiple menu's/pages away from what I need and often needs to be changed in multiple changes.

Hi Josh, Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review. We are sorry to hear that some of Trumba’s settings were difficult to find. Trumba is highly customizable so it can take a bit of time to understand where all the settings are, especially with a large implementation such as yours. In the future, if you have any difficulty locating a setting, please let us know and we can provide detailed instructions or make the update on your behalf. Thank you, Trumba Support Team

KB

Katie B.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

This software saves us time and I think it is great value for money.

Great. I see another university in Ireland is now using it as well so word is getting around!

Pros

The quick response from [sensitive content hidden] is a big thing- that is a great peace of mind. University IT departments are so hesitant to allow other software on board but when they know they don't have to support it they are more likely to give the go-ahead. It is also really easy to use - the staff and students are all happy with it.

Cons

I have to write something so I suppose I'll say it has been really challenging to integrate it in our new CMS. I do not think this is a Trumba issue however I think it has been more to do with our CMS ops.

Hi Katie, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear that Trumba saves you time and that Trumba Support gives you great piece of mind. We appreciate your letting us know that you, the staff and students are happy with Trumba. Thank you for choosing Trumba, Trumba Support Team

JG

Jennifer G.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trumba features that save time and money!

I have worked with several third-party vendors for various solutions and can honestly say that the folks at Trumba are incredibly responsive and easy to work with. They're always thinking of creative ways to meet our needs, no matter what we toss their way.

Pros

The event registration feature has been extremely useful. We've utilized this for numerous virtual and in-person events over the years. We can gauge interest in an event, set capacity and waitlist, email registrants and set custom confirmation and reminder emails. This feature has saved us time developing something equivalent in-house. We also use the event submission form feature to "reserve" space in our student computer labs and also to reserve equipment in our design center build labs. When users submit, the "reservation" is sent to the "Need Approval" calendar and then the calendar admin can approve or deny the reservation.

Cons

I sometimes get lost in the settings especially when dealing with field forms and overrides. However, anytime this has happened, I just reach out to the exceptional support staff and receive effective guidance quickly and professionally.

LM

Liam M.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Tight Integration Across the Division

Trumba support has been phenomenal! Responses from Trumba support have been quick and to the point and they have always been willing to support us and provide whatever assistance was required

Pros

I can administer 36+ schools with an average of 10-15 individual calendars per school from my central office location and insert the necessary spuds in the school sites

Cons

customized web safe colour choices used throughout all calendars have to be re-entered when any new school is set up but it is minor in the grand scheme of things

Hi Liam, We appreciate your sharing your feedback. We're so glad you find the platform helpful and our support phenomenal (you made our day!). Thank you for choosing Trumba, Trumba Support Team

Brittany H.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

It's Powerful! But I don't look forward to working in it.

You can do nearly anything imaginable with this calendaring software. I really like that people can submit their own events for me to review before publishing, which saves me SO much time.

Pros

It has SO many features, you will likely be able to do anything you want to do with a calendar. That's what my organization uses it for. You can set up a form for people to submit events, but have those submitted events go to calendars for review (not on your website) and then you can move them to actual calendars on your website. That saves time and is a very convenient feature! There are lots of spuds available, and they are very reliable.

Cons

It is not very user-friendly in my opinion. I have a rockstar expert of Trumba on my team, and he explains things to the rest of my team in very straightforward and a clear manner. When he explains, it makes sense and you wonder why you didn't think to check a specific place for a setting or why you haven't been using a specific process from the beginning. But then you get into Trumba and...you get that horrible user interface. If you are not using this every day, be prepared to re-learn how to do things in here for the rest of your life. That said, again, this is a powerful and effective program with many features. It's just frustrating sometimes. :/

Good feedback Brittany. We took it to heart. We've just re-written the Trumba administrative UI. The feedback so far has been very positive. Check out the video about Trumba's "T2" UI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-TcokR_t0

SH

Shelley H.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great product with outstanding customer service

Trumba has helped our large organization be more efficient managing online classes and events. It has streamlined the process and allows individual departments to be responsible for their own calendars while being pushed to the website without additional help (after initial embeding & set up). My favorite part about Trumba is their customer service. This team is always willing to help. They find solutions, take feedback and even edit the product if it's helpful. They helped us tremedously during the pandemic when a quick solution was needed. I cannot say enough good things about Trumba!

Pros

Trumba is easy to use and is very efficient at setting up single events, as well as reoccurring events. Trumba allows departments within our organization to manage their own events without the need for a webmaster to make edits every time an event changes. It syncs seamlessly with our website, is easy to customize to our branding and adds the ability for online registration and payment all in one system. Before Trumba, the online registration system we had lacked a calendar component and caused web edits every time an event changed. The ability to schedule event reminders is also very helpful.

Cons

I really like everything about the software. If I had to pick one thing to improve..it may be that they add a video database on how to do certain things within Trumba. If there is already one, I'm unaware of it. There are so many features to customize within Trumba that I sometimes forget how to get to those areas or how to edit the feature I need.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate it!

LT

Lindsay T.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Great!

Trumba really gets the job done! Our contact at Trumba, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], has been really helpful and always available whenever I need to troubleshoot an issue or setup a new feature/layout and our team really appreciates it.

Pros

Having different calendars managed by different editors is really helpful in our large organization.

Cons

Sometimes when I've added a new field to our event submission forms and event templates it has caused an issue in another spot to pop up so I try to leave all of our settings as-is. We have a really complicated setup with multiple calendars and user groups though who are using their event calendars for completely different purposes.

Thanks Lindsay! We truly appreciate your taking the time to leave us a review.

ST

Simone T.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Better than Expected!

Pros

My Overall Experience with TRUMBA is that it is one of the Best Calendar Database I have Manage & Work in. There are no Delays when an Event Information need to go Live on Our Website! Client Support and Training is Great & Respond Quickly to All Inquires!

Cons

I do not Dislike Anything about this Platform!

Hi Simone, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear that Trumba saves you time and that Trumba Support has been so helpful to you. We appreciate your letting us know! Thank you for choosing Trumba, Trumba Support Team

CM

Charlene M.

Trumba our life saver!

Pros

We needed a new venue reservations system and Trumba was our answer. It's web base, easy to use and keeps us from double booking our facilities. Trumba's dedicated staff was able to help us converted our old reservation system to Trumba with ease. If we have a problem or question even to this day they are quick to take care of us. So glad our managers chose Trumba!

Cons

Actually everything is working just fine. It would be nice to send new requests to the editor of a calendar instead of all requests going to the main editor.

Hi Charlene, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're honored to be your "life saver," and we are glad your managers chose Trumba too!

fc

freda c.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Trumba for Childbirth Education

Our overall experience has been amazing! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a wonderful contact person to help get us started, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great with the ongoing support. He is friendly, responds quickly, and makes the system easy to navigate and use. The price was also better than other systems we were considering.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use and could be adapted for our hospital program's settings.

Cons

The only thing that hasn't been perfect is the ability to shedule a series with multiple classes. I am having a hard time linking the classes as a series and not have them look like individual classes.

SH

Sean H.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Can't go wrong

Trumba is BY FAR the best vendor I have ever worked with. I recommend them to anyone looking for services like theirs.

Pros

We evaluated Trumba against several other vendors and Trumba won out in every way possible. The ease of implementation, configuration, management and administration is second to none. Also the customer service is absolutely the best. I get prompt responses from my contact that not only have the information I asked for, but also all the information I should have asked for and didn't. They anticipate needs and issues and are ready for them before you are.

Cons

I honestly don't have much to say here. Customizing the styling takes a little bit of time, but it was like that for every vendor I evaluated.

Thank you Sean, You've truly made our day today! We're so glad that you find Trumba so helpful and our customer service to be the best. Again, thank you so much for sharing your review and for recommending us to others. -Trumba Support Team

HP

Heather P.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Online Calendar of Events

I really like using Trumba. I wish I had more time to dive into all of the features. Ex. I just learned how to create individual calendars bbase don teh departments and/or type sof events so I can embed those into individual webpages.

Pros

The ease of sharing events via multiple platforms and the customization of the event fields.

Cons

I haven't come across anything I dislike about Trumba.

Dear Heather, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is greatly appreciated. -Trumba Support Team

JP

Julien P.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Meets my functionality and branding needs

Trumba is flexible and lets you do a lot, and they have very good documentation and support staff to guide you along. Sometimes configuration and settings can be a bit overwhelming and confusing, but at least those options exist, unlike other vendors who don't allow much customization or charge you extra for it. I think Trumba is great value - it's more expensive, but it lets you do more.

Pros

Being able to review submitted events, set up multiple calendars and event lists for different programs and topics, using various layouts that are easy to style using a global style with instance-based overrides, using custom event properties,

Cons

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a well thought out review of Trumba. It is very much appreciated!

ER

Elizabeth R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Better than the alternatives

Pros

this has a clean, readable embed display compared to competitors and does not require accounts or registration to use

Cons

it would be nice to integrate booking capability into this, and be able to edit recurring events after the fact.

RA

Rocio A.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

We love Trumba for calendaring and syncing the calendars to our webpage.

The customer service is great and we are able to customize the software with the support of Trumba's IT with no problem.

Pros

Trumba is very easy to use and the data entry component is quick. Making revisions or changes is also very user friendly and hassle free.

Cons

The color legend to ID certain items is off sometimes on the admin side (only complaint I have) so it makes it difficult to differentiate the data we are looking at.

JG

Jules G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Love it!

I love that the product is so customizable and even better is the customer service. If I can't find how to do something in a help article your guy is ON IT. He always is happy to help and goes above and beyond, replying to my emails typically in less than 24 hours and often with more information/explanation than I was asking for. This is SO RARE with tech companies and I just can't say enough about how wonderful it is to be assisted and taken care of so well with Trumba.

Pros

I like how truly customizable this software is. We've been able to tweak it to fit all of our users needs whatever those might be.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to find or remember where to change certain features because they can become buried within the program.

LD

Lige D.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Trumba exit

Great experience with Trumba, and the only reason we are leaving is our non-profit has ceased to exist.

Pros

We selected Trumba for our grassroots nonprofit in 2009. Our goal was to build community and to highlight positive areas of our community. Our account representative made this an easy solution. It takes little technical knowledge to operate and is easy to deploy. We had the same Trumba contact for the entire twelve years we utilized Trumba, which is unheard of in this day and age.

Cons

Any issues I had were addressed with new releases of the product.

FM

Felipe M.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

User-Friendly and convenient tool for Calendar creation

Efficient and reliable solution for calendar management.

Pros

This is a user-friendly calendar management platform with intuitive features. It makes really simple to create and organize calendars for events and activities.

Cons

The options for customization are somewhat limited.