Vend Logo

Vend

Run the world's best retail with Vend point-of-sale system.

Vend Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.5/10

Reviews by rating

We love the ease of configuration and customization that is available. Looking forward to our growth expansion, we have concluded that we have made a right selection for a POS platform.
I have been using the Vend for more than six months. I am really happy with; the POS is very good and easy to use, even for those who dont have any POS experience.
Vend is a great app for businesses willing to dish out. Vend makes the price tag worth it but having a great designed app which packs a lot of features for a great experience.
Can’t change a payment method if you hit the wrong one causing issues at end of day. Has messed up inventory/costs 2-3 x and we lost our work.
Customer support is garbage. These guys happily take your money but when a problem occurs your left to basically sort problems out yourself with cookie cutter answers from a woeful support team.
In other words, it can't all be from 3 people making mistakes in one system when we all discuss and get frustrated by it on a daily basis.

Excellent POS system

Love it & use it daily.

Pros

It connects with our calendar and we can take a payment right from there & it populates their information automatically. Its easy to add products and services

Cons

The register has to be manually closed. Wish there was an automated close feature if it's not closed by a certain time of the evening

JD

James D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

So easy to use, even my Grandma could use it.

love using Vend. Its simplicity allows for quick training of new employees of all technological experience. However, the best feature is the ability to use it during an internet outage. We had this happen a few times where the internet went out, yet we were still able to conduct transactions. With our old POS system, an internet outage meant we had to close until the internet was restored. With Vend, there was no wait. We were still able to process sales and didn’t lose money. However, the lack of Priority Phone Support, while we haven’t yet needed it, is a little disconcerting. Adding this to all of the plans would create a near-perfect system.

Pros

absolutely love the ease of use of Vend. While I myself am rather technologically literate, some of my employees are not. However, because of how easy Vend is to use, they picked up on how to use it within an hour. I do also love the cloud services and their ability to keep running even through an internet outage. I did like that I had the ability to try out the product before purchasing. I realized...

Cons

Even though I use Google Chrome as my daily web browser, I am not fond of the fact that this is the only browser that works with Vend. If an update breaks Chrome, then I am left without a POS system. I’m hoping that they fix this and allow other browsers to work with the system. I also do not like the fact that I have to pay an additional cost for Premium Phone Support. If I am paying for your product, I should have support that is available at the highest level and available when I need it. Sometimes, something is so important that it can’t wait for an email support response. This is something that definitely needs fixing.

Hey James, we love to hear that retailers love Vend! Thanks for your review of Vend POS − great to hear that training has gone well and that you’ve made good use of our offline mode, it’s really an essential feature for a modern POS. Vend is fully supported on Google Chrome and Safari, we cannot guarantee that Vend will work as it should on other browsers, some features may work and some may not. Sorry if that’s not ideal for your business setup and appreciate your feedback on this. We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best performance. Best, Lucia (Vend’s Community Manager).

KK

Kristyn K.

TERRIBLE Customer Service

I would never use this system if I were to open a business. I would look into other systems. Rain seems like it would be good, but need to do more research. Vend s HORRIBLE.

Pros

It's easy for employees to search something. I Like how you can export the items to an excel sheet to count and then re-import.

Cons

1. It is like pulling teeth to get support. they make you write a novel rather than just simply calling- and then don't answer for days. I have been waiting exactly 7 days for my issue to be resolved. 2. Inventory counts are mysteriously inaccurate on a ridiculous amount of items, even after I update it the day prior.. It has been like this the whole 2 years on and off. There is no way it is employee/customer...

Hey Kristyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Vend POS. I’m very sorry to hear that you feel this way - we want Vend to be as easy as possible for retailers to use so I’m sorry that you’ve found some aspects a little difficult to master. Apologies for any frustration caused by this! I’m sorry that there was some delay with resolving your issue, sending through all the relevant information...

DW

Darrel W.

Awesome POS system

Far fewer mistakes than previous POS system. Incredibly easy to learn, even for people frightened of computers. We also have a sister business that is totally different......but we're able to integrate our loyalty program using VEND, and it's easy for each business to personalize the system.

Pros

I spent several months reviewing POS to replace our existing system---being cloud based and integrating with Shopify were absolute musts. I had narrowed it down to two, Vend being one. Since we are a non-profit they gave us a discount, which clinched the deal, but Vend also had acouple features we liked that the other one didn't. Once it was approved, I spent a month or so converting all of our...

Cons

Their e-commerce platform comes as part of our package, but at the time we signed up (two years ago), it was still pretty plain, so we're still paying for a separate Shopify account (it integrates quite well with Shopify, so I haven't been in a hurry to switch over anyway). At some point I'll probably take a closer look and see if switching over makes sense.

LK

Leah K.

Tremendous POS

1. Easy, simple online storefront integration. This has increased our sales and has allowed us to make sales to a wider customer base. 2. Inventory movement transparency. Our former software solution was impossible to use in any way that allowed us to view historic inventory movements, as it didn't include any type of purchase order system; inventory had to be updated item by item manually. 3. Inventory valuation. The ability of Vend to average out our costs means that we have a real-time view of the value of our stock at any and all times.

Pros

The software is easy to use and incredibly user friendly, and is consistently being updated with new features and improvements to old ones. It offers a full-scope inventory management experience. It makes it easy for us to take our shop on the go, as we sell at numerous trade shows and conventions.

Cons

There are still some features missing, or which I would term incomplete, but as Vend is relatively new and the team is constantly working on releasing updates, I have every confidence that these are cases where it is just a matter of time. It is somewhat frustrating at times that there are some issues where internet connectivity issues can cause hiccups in the system that then need to be fixed on the back end by support, but these are few and far between.

Hey Leah, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS! It's wonderful to hear that you're so delighted with the software. Thank you for also appreciating that our team are working on making Vend even better and creating terrific new features to make running a retail business easy. If you have any specific features you would like to request or feedback for our team please submit a ticket using the follow link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Amogh R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Super Easy to Use

Pros

Love the cloud services they provide and especially the feature which allows Vend to work even if there is an internet outage. Some of my colleagues are not techno savvy but they managed to figure it out pretty quick. Loyalty dollar options also seem interesting and its an optional feature.

Cons

The single browser support makes it risky if and when it gets a bad update. Currently only chrome is supported. Additional cost for premium phone support irks me because if Im buying the product, the highest level of support should come with that

Hey Amogh, thanks for your review of Vend POS − great to hear that you’re loving Vend’s cloud point of sale software, usability, and offline mode. Vend is fully supported on Google Chrome and Safari, we cannot guarantee that Vend will work as it should on other browsers, some features may work and some may not. Sorry if that’s not ideal for your business setup and appreciate your feedback on this. We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best performance. Best, Lucia (Vend’s Community Manager).

KC

Kent C.

Apparel & Fashion,

Review of Vend POS and Ecommerce

Pros

We've been using the Vend POS system for just over a year and recently upgraded to Vend Ecommerce (integrating our website/online store with our POS system). We're really happy with both systems; the POS is very intuitive and training of our staff, even those without any POS experience, was a breeze. The Ecommerce solution saves us a lot of time and effort (and eliminates the possibility of errors...

Cons

Being a standardized solution, the Ecommerce platform doesn't yet have all the features you would get with a custom designed website/online store. However the cost is a small fraction of what you would pay for a customized site.

CE

Cheryce E.

Used other for 6-12 months

Vend is awesome

Overall this is a good software and I would recommend it for use by retailers as it can be very beneficial to analyze business growth and failure.

Pros

1. It is a web-based application that is accessible from anywhere. 2. You are able to be very detailed with your products (ie colours, SKU, Size, quantity etc) all in one entry 3. The reporting system which is provided is just phenomenal, very detailed. 4. The interface is very user-friendly 5. Customer database that is created is very easy to access 6. Technology for barcode scanner, Bluetooth printers etc is very on point.

Cons

1. Once your subscription expires you no longer have access to your business information. 2. Phone support is not available outside the USA 3. Email correspondences take a very long time and often times the communication is off 4. Can allow editing float amount entered especially by the manager, not cashier privileges. 5. Does allow you to create an actual quotation or estimate but can use the park sale option and void if not necessary.

Hey Cheryce, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of Vend POS − great to hear there are so many features and functions of Vend that you're enjoying using! Wonderful to hear that you're finding our reporting phenomenal, that's exactly we love to hear. In regards to subscriptions, you have the option to put your account 'On Ice' for a small monthly fee if you wish to retain the data. In regards to Vend support, sorry to hear you experienced a slow response via email and weren't 100% happy with the response, we've been making some changes in this area to improve a few processes. Phone support is available in all countries on all plans. Hope that helps and do reach out if you need assistance with anything - our team are here to help. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

GF

Gina F.

Customer service is superb and interface is intuitive, easy to learn.

Cloud-based POS.

Pros

Easy to use features, very sleek and clean navigation. Out-of-the-box website design options are plentiful and easy to use. We have the premier technical support package and they are always accessible and helpful.

Cons

We wish we could customize our receipt. The customization possibilities are limited in both design elements and reporting. Also wish updating the price of a single item and all its price books could happen in one step.

Hey Gina, thank you for your review of Vend POS. Delighted to hear that you are enjoying Vend so much and have had such a wonderful experience with our support team! That's exactly the type of service we aim to deliver at Vend. Good news - receipts are customizable! Go here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/201378310-How-do-I-set-up-my-receipt-template to find out how to customize your receipts. Hope that helps! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Stacy W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Customer Support is Amazing!

I love the functionality of VEND. I like how you can categorize products as well as search for them. They continue to improve their software offerings to accommodate the needs of the retailer. Whenever an issue came up, they were immediate to respond and resolve the problem. Their training team is amazing! No surprise hidden expenses!

Pros

Great product for running a retail store! The product works very well and set up is quite easy.

Cons

Depending on merchant account, the software doesn't always allow refunds to be performed at the till (iPad).

JP

Julia P.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

It's been awesome..we have greatly enjoyed VEND and would highly recommend it to anyone!

ease of set up , ease of running

Pros

It's a very intuitive program for staff to use...accross our 7 locations staff was able to learn and use the program immediately setting up the sell screen, buttons, keys and departments was easy to do with the help of the online tutorials and some tips from customer service, as well price changes and new products are easily added and adjusted. the real time information that I am able to easily access at my office to see what's going on is great....i am able to compare outlets performance side by side I was able to, relatively easily, import a large data base of existing gift certificates to use on the new system...

Cons

There is some information/data that i would like to be able to be put in a report/receipt , that function is currently unavailable...discount reports and the gift certificate number showing on the purchase receipt... we have had some hiccups with the bluetooth connections with the printers and some problems with speed and button response, but did find that updates tended to fix that problem... wish there was a way to access my stores through my phone, perhaps by an administrator app of some kind...

Hey Julia, thank you for your review and high recommendation of Vend POS! Delighted to hear that you're so pleased with using Vend point of sale software to run your business and thanks for your feedback as well. If you require assistance with your hardware I recommend contacting our support team for assistance. You can submit a ticket or a feature request anytime with this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

GL

Gary L.

After a year of use...

After one year of using Vend my impression of the product has dropped drastically. The reporting functions are pretty much a joke and the accounting features are a disaster. The only thing worse than these two things is the customer service department which for a year has responded to virtually every inquiry with "The program can't do that", or "It is a feature we are looking to add." There is no...

Pros

Front end is clean and simple for employees to use. Fine for a very small or beginning business.

Cons

Reporting functions are terrible. System was not designed by anyone with any understanding of accounting or running a B&M retail business. Only capable of working for a very small retail business.

BD

Brian D.

Great product at a great value and easy to use

Pros

Great customer support, they are there for you with the answers to all of the "problems" that i have had quickly and ready to fix it

Cons

The few problems that i have had were all update related, either of the vend program or the IOS version, in those cases the updates were not known to me and in some cases one or the other did not communicate well after the updates. It would be nice to know of potential problems ahead of time rather to be in the middle of a transaction and have to start the troubleshooting process, or have to wait for the update during peak selling time rather than knowing beforehand to take care of the problem during down time.

Hey Brian, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're happy with the experience you've had with our support team - that's exactly what we like to hear! Sorry that you've experienced some problems with updates. Our team work hard to ensure all updates go out smoothly but occasionally this isn't the case for 100% of retailers. This could be due to a number of reasons, including the update, or the retailers specific setup or hardware. Our support team are on hand 24/7 should you ever encounter any problems so please don't hesitate to contact us anytime! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

DP

DUSTIN P.

Perfect POS for Inventory Intensive Retail Stores

Vend has been a great POS system for our retail store. It's register IPAD app is quick to learn and easy to train our employees on. The Inventory and Reporting system makes the management of our business so much simpler. It integrates well with multiple 3rd party programs, and receives regular updates from the company. Support has always been quick to help me out as well with the limited issues we've had. I would like to continue to see some improvements to the loyalty and rewards aspect, however these are not deal breakers.

Pros

The Inventory Management system is leaps and bounds above other POS systems we've look at. This is by far the main driver behind why we selected Vend as our POS system for our Cigar Store. Our small retail store can easily hold 10,000+ SKUs and we needed a system that could easily manage that. The reporting system is also very robust allowing us to quickly produce reports, or export data to allow us to measure sales trends, and make informed buying decisions.

Cons

There are some limits to the loyalty system and discount aspects, however they have improved consistently with regular updates. We have a VIP Club system and I'd like to have a higher loyalty tier system for them, however there isn't a universal way to do that.

JL

Joy L.

POS seamless integration, on boarding, and support are on point!

Pros

Ease of use, cloud based for remote sales and access as admin. Simplicity in design and development. iOS based applications allow for quick learning at all levels from tech novice to advanced. The reporting is powerful, flexible, and captures financials and inventory in an easy to read and understand manner, again for all levels of knowledge and experience. The Products sections simplifies Inventory management in a very visual way, simplifying management and POS interfacing. Vend is constantly developing new applications and integrating processes that advance the power of the software. The notifications of these new apps is easy to read and activate.

Cons

I was a bit disappointed in the change of entering a new product, as a keyboard dominant user, the new application slowed the process by removing a few of the tab functions. Slows data entry. Yes, there are still power users out there. :)

LY

Lanette Y.

There are easy to use aspects , some functionality could be easier

Pros

The reports are easily accessible, I like the quick keys for the register, is easy for training. I like the daily sales ledger to show sales by associates and also easy for returns also. Daily totals during the day are nice to see where you are in sales also.

Cons

Putting in products and variance are a little confusing. I also think inventory could be easier in the software.

Hey Lanette, appreciate you taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're finding aspects like reporting, processing returns so easy and finding the quick keys feature useful. Sorry to hear that you've found adding products and variant products a little confusing - if you require any assistance with this please submit a ticket with our support team so they can help you out! Just use this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

MM

Michael M.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Overall Vend is a great platform for small businesses

Ease of use, Relatively dependable. easy to set up.

Pros

it's easy to use, has a very small learning curve and the ability to quickly complete many functions in relative short order. The customizability is is pretty good but does have some limitations.

Cons

Vend does not always report correct values or numbers, because it it always being updated new glitches and bugs can be introduced causing havoc for your day. I found out that when you close (Delete) an outlet that it deletes all attached reports other than the historical sales, so unless you back them all up they're gone forever, I feel like this is a huge issue for vend as these reports can be vital to have if your subject to audit like we are. While customer service is great I rarely get the answers that i'm needing or a solution for my problem.

MM

Matthew M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

It works well for our retail store/cafe. The inventory management is our main requirement.

Inventory management, Point of Sale, easy daily/weekly/monthly quick sales reports. Ease of use for beginners.

Pros

Easy to train new employees on the POS. It's integration with Shopify, Deputy and Square. Clean and pro looking (would like to be able to customize it more for my shops character).

Cons

I don't like that I have to activate the scanner, it really slows things down. The label making software is not very adjustable, and it makes it difficult for the scanner to read. No pictures for variants.

Hey Matthew, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Happy to hear that it's working well in your business! Sorry that you're not 100% happy with your hardware setup. If you require extra assistance with your hardware, I suggest reaching out to our friendly support team or enquiring with a Vend Expert for hands-on assistance. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

JG

Jeff G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Overall a very good, user friendly product.

A POS that integrates well with our accounting system.

Pros

It integrates well with Xero our accounting software. It is very user friendly and easy to learn how to use.

Cons

The stock order process is very time consuming and cumbersome. I would like to be able to adjust the date on stock orders, so that it can be matched to the invoice/payment date in the event that the stock order is not received in VEND until after the invoice/payment date. Also it allows you to receive items that have been marked as inactive, it should pop up to make them as active again. When scanning product through, unless you are watching the screen, you can't tell when a product scans up with an error/bar code not in the system etc, the beep tone needs to be different. I wish it was integrated with Moneris merchant services. It would also be nice to be able to have more control over what users have access to more individually.

RP

Rebekah P.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

We use Vend to run our retail yarn store.

It is a robust and fairly flexible program that keeps our store running, and provides most of the financial reporting that we need.

Pros

It is fairly simple to learn and use on a daily basis. It can handle a lot of SKUs. The customer phone support is very good. It integrates with our online store that uses Shopify.

Cons

It doesn't sort sales by payment method. We cannot get all of the historical reports that we would like to access. It is not easy to print reports directly from Vend.

Hey Rebekah, Thanks for your review of Vend. Really great that you're finding it easy to use on a daily basis. Thanks for your feedback on reporting, I've passed that on to our team. Feedback from retailers helps us make Vend even better so thanks for taking the time to share yours with us! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

JG

Jose G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

One of the best POS Systems on the Market

Satisfied with the overall experience on the platform. grouped items work smoothly on large inventories

Pros

The ease of use on the POS terminals and the way the platform organizes the inventory is just outstanding

Cons

There was a short notice when the product was acquired by Lightspeed, but gladly it did not affect the product use at all

JT

Jim T.

Excellent platform and easy to use.

Pros

Great cost effective software for our retail business. Our associates find it easy to use and has regular updates that are easy to implement.

Cons

Needs more enterprise like features for the back-end inventory management. Some more mobile functionality with payment options would be better.

Hey Jim, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you and your associates are finding Vend easy to use! If you have any specific feature requests around inventory or would like to let us know what kind of mobile functionality you'd like to see with payment options, please let us know using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

MP

Michele P.

Retail, self-employed

LOVE this program. So glad I chose them. Amazing features & capabilities, plus so user-friendly.

It makes running my shop fantastic! Love all the reporting capabilities as well. I have everything I need!

Pros

I love the ease of use and user-friendliness. Overall a great program that I definitely recommend to other retailers!

Cons

Honestly I just wish that sales could communicate between the Vend program and my Shopify online store that is integrated? Though it's not a big deal as it's very easy to run sales in the online store through Shopify, so it's not the end of the world.

Hey Michele, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Delighted to hear that you love Vend point of sale software - the feeling is mutual! If you are having any issues with your Shopify + Vend integration please open a ticket as soon as possible with our friendly 24/7 support team. Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

JC

James C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Most flexible POS turn-key on the market.

Pros

We originally went looking for a full-featured POS software and found them we originally went looking for a full-featured POS software and found VEND. Imagine or surprise to find a cloud-based solution where everything from inventory to reporting is seamless and integrated.

Cons

About the only feature it is missing and we wished it had is serial number capability for tracking by item.

Hey James, so pleased to hear that you're so delighted with Vend POS! Not 100% sure what you mean by serial number capability, if you'd like to go into more detail please submit a feature request with our team using the following link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thank you for taking the time to review Vend. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

MT

Michael T.

Great product

So far great product. Like how is it was to setup and the service of having someone walk you through the whole process.

Pros

I like the use of it adding products and all the intergrations it has. Very easy to setup and use to keep track of things.

Cons

Price went up. Big price increase was not pleased.

Hey Michael, thanks for your positive review of Vend POS. It's wonderful to hear you're finding Vend great to use and you were pleased with your set up. We've recently made some changes to our pricing structure so that we can continue investing in and developing Vend even further. We've already made some significant updates, such as an extensive promotions suite, big changes to our inventory platform, more powerful reporting and real time analytics. We hope these features can be used in your business and help you grow and run exceptional retail. If you have any questions around Vend please reach out to us directly. Best wishes, Vend's Community Manager.