Vend Reviews

Vend

Run the world's best retail with Vend point-of-sale system.

Vend

POS seamless integration, on boarding, and support are on point!

Pros

Ease of use, cloud based for remote sales and access as admin. Simplicity in design and development. iOS based applications allow for quick learning at all levels from tech novice to advanced. The reporting is powerful, flexible, and captures financials and inventory in an easy to read and understand manner, again for all levels of knowledge and experience. The Products sections simplifies Inventory management in a very visual way, simplifying management and POS interfacing. Vend is constantly developing new applications and integrating processes that advance the power of the software. The notifications of these new apps is easy to read and activate.

Cons

I was a bit disappointed in the change of entering a new product, as a keyboard dominant user, the new application slowed the process by removing a few of the tab functions. Slows data entry. Yes, there are still power users out there. :)

Vend is awesome

Overall this is a good software and I would recommend it for use by retailers as it can be very beneficial to analyze business growth and failure.

Pros

1. It is a web-based application that is accessible from anywhere. 2. You are able to be very detailed with your products (ie colours, SKU, Size, quantity etc) all in one entry 3. The reporting system which is provided is just phenomenal, very detailed. 4. The interface is very user-friendly 5. Customer database that is created is very easy to access 6. Technology for barcode scanner, Bluetooth printers etc is very on point.

Cons

1. Once your subscription expires you no longer have access to your business information. 2. Phone support is not available outside the USA 3. Email correspondences take a very long time and often times the communication is off 4. Can allow editing float amount entered especially by the manager, not cashier privileges. 5. Does allow you to create an actual quotation or estimate but can use the park sale option and void if not necessary.

Hey Cheryce, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of Vend POS − great to hear there are so many features and functions of Vend that you're enjoying using! Wonderful to hear that you're finding our reporting phenomenal, that's exactly we love to hear. In regards to subscriptions, you have the option to put your account 'On Ice' for a small monthly fee if you wish to retain the data. In regards to Vend support, sorry to hear you experienced a slow response via email and weren't 100% happy with the response, we've been making some changes in this area to improve a few processes. Phone support is available in all countries on all plans. Hope that helps and do reach out if you need assistance with anything - our team are here to help. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Fair

Pros

Reporting features Product variants Dashboard Self Generating SKU Layby methods Customer accounts I love the gift card concept !

Cons

Error Sales Rigidity in creating new users Wish the register had a options to limit use more for newer employees not to view all the sales history and to be able to open and close. I think that's more of the store manager's responsibility than everyone being able to do so.

Hey Azeem, thanks for your review of Vend POS. We love the Gift Cards feature too - it's very popular with our retailers! On Vend there are three different user roles, Cashier, Manager and Admin. Many retailers have employees at the Cashier level that need to open and close the register which is why this functionality is available at this level. If you want to customize user roles, you can do so with Advanced User Permissions available on some of our plans. This allows you to choose what roles can see and do within the user roles. Hope that helps! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Few years user of Vend

We shifted to Vend from a traditional PC POS.It was a breeze. We run a few thousand products without a problem. We interfaced with a Shopify e-commerce shop. It was seamless. Very easy. The echosystem of apps is working well and a big advantage. We have multiple outlets which also work very well. Very few bugs or problems. Service - we rarely need but when we do, the response is fast.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, feature reach and cloud based so can be used from everywhere. Often use it from phone.

Cons

I find the price high and it has increased substantially since we started. Main missing feature set is related to lack of insights over booking vs sales. Relevant to retailers that sell a lot of layby (advance booking of goods with a down payment), and we do.

Customer service is superb and interface is intuitive, easy to learn.

Cloud-based POS.

Pros

Easy to use features, very sleek and clean navigation. Out-of-the-box website design options are plentiful and easy to use. We have the premier technical support package and they are always accessible and helpful.

Cons

We wish we could customize our receipt. The customization possibilities are limited in both design elements and reporting. Also wish updating the price of a single item and all its price books could happen in one step.

Hey Gina, thank you for your review of Vend POS. Delighted to hear that you are enjoying Vend so much and have had such a wonderful experience with our support team! That's exactly the type of service we aim to deliver at Vend. Good news - receipts are customizable! Go here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/201378310-How-do-I-set-up-my-receipt-template to find out how to customize your receipts. Hope that helps! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

There are easy to use aspects , some functionality could be easier

Pros

The reports are easily accessible, I like the quick keys for the register, is easy for training. I like the daily sales ledger to show sales by associates and also easy for returns also. Daily totals during the day are nice to see where you are in sales also.

Cons

Putting in products and variance are a little confusing. I also think inventory could be easier in the software.

Hey Lanette, appreciate you taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're finding aspects like reporting, processing returns so easy and finding the quick keys feature useful. Sorry to hear that you've found adding products and variant products a little confusing - if you require any assistance with this please submit a ticket with our support team so they can help you out! Just use this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

The Best POS System

I Love Vend its one of the easiest platforms to use and I have used a lot. I run a small business thats not very big and this system has worked great for me.

Pros

Very Easy to use. I like that you can run your inventory of your store though it and that you can add frequent customers that come by the store. When they come in and buy something they can get loyalty points which can go towards one of their purchases. I also like the on account tab - this is very handy especially for us since we live in such a small town and everyone knows everyone.

Cons

I don't like how the system just decides that we are not gonna listen to what you say. For example if something is on sale say for $2.99 and it was $3.99 sometimes it won't change the price. This is very frusterating so you have to watch extra carefully with sale items.

Its easy to use in a variety of laptops and Ipad.

I can record what are my weekly sales, to give my employees comision of their sales, to check inventoroy.

Pros

That I can open it from a different location and different device. Its user friendly. I can send email invoice to clients. I can accept partial payments.

Cons

Sometimes makes changes that im not aware of. Sometimes dont get custumer service. Sometimes I dont find in the frequently asked questions how to do some options.

Hey Norma, thanks for your review for Vend POS! Happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's functionality and ease of use - that's what we love to hear! Vend's customer support team are available 24/7 so if you ever need assistance please don't hesitate to reach out. If you would like to give us some more specific feedback you can submit a ticket with our friendly support team here: https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager).

Picture Perfect POS

Vend POS has made my life so much easier. I like being able to search, order, plan from home and not have to go into the store to do work. I also enjoy that I can search almost anything.

Pros

This POS system is easy to use and easy to teach new employees. I love being able to access it from anywhere and being able to get information I need for planning and ordering.

Cons

None as of yet. We have been happy. We have had no real issues and anything that has come up has been easily solved.

Hey Martina, thanks for your review of Vend POS. This is the kind of feedback we absolutely love to hear. We're so pleased to hear you're finding Vend easy to use, train your employees on, and that Vend POS is making your life easier. If you do have any questions or problems please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly team - we're here to help you run the world's best retail! Best wishes, Vend's Community Manager.

This system is pretty easy to use and I love the ability to scan items, saves time

Pros

The ability to scan items. Entering inventory is easy. Looking up prior sales is easy.. Customer service is fast to respond and help with any problems i may have

Cons

There are some things it doesn't offer . The overall sales summery is a little confusing. I have problems when entering the product in the brand section, it blinks until I type something in

Hey Lucinda, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. So happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's support team and our POS usability, especially that it saves your business time! That's exactly what we love to hear from retailers. If you have any specific feedback about features you'd like to see on Vend or need technical, please submit a ticket with our friendly support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. They'd be more than happy to help! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

It works well for our retail store/cafe. The inventory management is our main requirement.

Inventory management, Point of Sale, easy daily/weekly/monthly quick sales reports. Ease of use for beginners.

Pros

Easy to train new employees on the POS. It's integration with Shopify, Deputy and Square. Clean and pro looking (would like to be able to customize it more for my shops character).

Cons

I don't like that I have to activate the scanner, it really slows things down. The label making software is not very adjustable, and it makes it difficult for the scanner to read. No pictures for variants.

Hey Matthew, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Happy to hear that it's working well in your business! Sorry that you're not 100% happy with your hardware setup. If you require extra assistance with your hardware, I suggest reaching out to our friendly support team or enquiring with a Vend Expert for hands-on assistance. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

I've used Vend 4 days a week for the past 3 years.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, and makes it extremely easy to enter in new products and keep track of said products.

Cons

A fair amount of bugs pop up regarding the new product and stock control sections of the program. There could also be ways to further refine the stock control portion, like making scanned items organize themselves by a specific attribute automatically.

Hey Myles, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Pleased to hear that you've found Vend very user friendly! Sorry to hear that you've come across some bugs, our team always appreciate retailers letting us know if they come across anything buggy so we can look into it ASAP. If you experience a bug or ever want to make a feature request you can use this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Vend POS software is very user friendly, but what really excels is the customer support

Pros

We had never used a POS system before, so we were a little intimidated by the thought of having to input our inventory. However, the ability to use .csv spreadsheets greatly facilitated the process of copying the inventory from our accounting program.

Cons

Vend will occasionally change the format of a page or category unexpectedly: for example, when a product is added or edited there is no longer the choice to add a sales code and a purchase code.

Hey Freda, thank you for taking the time to review Vend POS! Delighted to hear that you're pleased with how user friendly Vend is to use and that you've had a wonderful experience with our support team. We're always working on how we can improve Vend to make it even better so occasionally there will be changes. If you have any feedback about a particular change please do let us know via a ticket with our support team. Your feedback is important to us and will help us make Vend POS the best it can be. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Overall a very good, user friendly product.

A POS that integrates well with our accounting system.

Pros

It integrates well with Xero our accounting software. It is very user friendly and easy to learn how to use.

Cons

The stock order process is very time consuming and cumbersome. I would like to be able to adjust the date on stock orders, so that it can be matched to the invoice/payment date in the event that the stock order is not received in VEND until after the invoice/payment date. Also it allows you to receive items that have been marked as inactive, it should pop up to make them as active again. When scanning product through, unless you are watching the screen, you can't tell when a product scans up with an error/bar code not in the system etc, the beep tone needs to be different. I wish it was integrated with Moneris merchant services. It would also be nice to be able to have more control over what users have access to more individually.

Easy to use and well documented POS.

Organizing hotel vending area and tracking inventory.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use. Customer support is always helpful. Can input wide range of SKUs and QR codes to customize products that don't have them printed on.

Cons

Slightly pricey, needs to be logged out and back in sometimes. Some of the buttons to press could be bigger such as removing an item from order screen.

Hey Krishna, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're finding Vend easy to use and our support team helpful! That's exactly what we like to hear from our retailers. If you'd like to go into more detail about what buttons you think should be better, you can submit a feature request using the following link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

We use Vend to run our retail yarn store.

It is a robust and fairly flexible program that keeps our store running, and provides most of the financial reporting that we need.

Pros

It is fairly simple to learn and use on a daily basis. It can handle a lot of SKUs. The customer phone support is very good. It integrates with our online store that uses Shopify.

Cons

It doesn't sort sales by payment method. We cannot get all of the historical reports that we would like to access. It is not easy to print reports directly from Vend.

Hey Rebekah, Thanks for your review of Vend. Really great that you're finding it easy to use on a daily basis. Thanks for your feedback on reporting, I've passed that on to our team. Feedback from retailers helps us make Vend even better so thanks for taking the time to share yours with us! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Super easy to use!

Vend sets up your users and products at the beginning but it is then very straight forward to add new users, change their access or remove them. Same with the products, you can create categories so that the till only have a few buttons and you then have products in each category. Very good system!

Pros

It is very straight forward to use, it is very intuitive, all the functions are clearly named and easy to find. There is a support function incorporated within the website which is useful but the customer service is absolutely amazing: when I've had a query, I've always had an answer within the hour. At the beginning, the team spends the time to explain to you all the functions and there's no shaming for asking 'stupid' questions.

Cons

To be honest, in a year and a half, I haven't found yet anything I dislike about Vend.

Vend is the Bomb !

Pros

Once Vend is set up is very user friendly and reliable. Like all software you need to align your procedures to it's design and functionality but we continue to include more functions and features into our business. Some years ago, we had some coding and API work done to link it with a popular email marketing system but now there are standard apps and integrations to use which is great. Training staff is easy and support is intuitive and quick. I have seen bugs get fixed and addressed over the last few years which has made it even more robust.

Cons

The loyalty feature is very sound but it would be awesome to have email marketing capability within Vend. At the moment it has the ability to send notifications and receipts to customers but you need to link to an email marketing program to develop customer relationships

Ease of use that doesn't compromise performance and functionality.

Pros

Vend allows us to keep everything in one place, from the customer base to the inventory. Vend is compatible with Mac, iPad, PC and Android which is what drew us to it in the first place. Everything is backed up on the cloud, making the information available on virtually any device, anywhere. (No worries, the iPad app will work offline too, so you can still process sales where there is no internet access!)...

Cons

Vend doesn't have a report option that shows all the sales that have been exempt from sales tax (i.e. farm or resale), making it difficult to single those sales out. However, they are currently working on expanding their report system to include customized reporting.

Generally good. Not the perfect system for our services.

Time. I spend less time training and gathering data.

Pros

It was easy to set up the system. It works with our website thru Shopify app. The system is user friendly for the staff, so learning curve is brief.

Cons

Not good for tipped services, did not have untaxable sales calculation for first year i used it, does not sync well with QBO, delay in customer service response time.

Hey Camille, thanks for your review of Vend POS. Great to hear that you and your staff have found Vend so easy to use! Vend doesn't have a tipping feature as Vend is designed for inventory based retailers and tipping isn't commonly used in retail. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused your business. If you would like to provide more feedback, have any questions or need assistance with anything please submit a ticket with our friendly support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Excellent platform and easy to use.

Pros

Great cost effective software for our retail business. Our associates find it easy to use and has regular updates that are easy to implement.

Cons

Needs more enterprise like features for the back-end inventory management. Some more mobile functionality with payment options would be better.

Hey Jim, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you and your associates are finding Vend easy to use! If you have any specific feature requests around inventory or would like to let us know what kind of mobile functionality you'd like to see with payment options, please let us know using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

A great POS for starters and less tech savvy customers

This POS system seems more like a stepping stone. It gets you through the door to start your business but once you grow out of the beginning step you will quickly find the system isn't reliable, lots of crucial functions are missing and worst their customer service is almost useless. Most of the time we file for a support ticket the customer service replies with typical troubleshoot issues that we clearly stated we've done before and waste our time and when it gets to an actual technician they don't know how to fix it. I highly suggest for someone starting to use it to get a feel of what system they will need for their future but not something you will stick with for a long time.

Pros

Easy to use, has lots of functions that other software doesn't come with out of the box. A great start to get your business going. It looks clean and the UI is the nicest looking one so far we've seen. They have a free front display app for a second ipad so you can have a customer facing screen.

Cons

Lacking crucial functions to actually run a business. No real reporting, often system goes down. The system lacks any mass editing features unless you export the database into csv and re import it. Not efficient if you need to adjust tags in large batches because the exported CSV file, all the tags are in a single cell. The system lacks stability, we have been using this system for more than a year...

TERRIBLE Customer Service

I would never use this system if I were to open a business. I would look into other systems. Rain seems like it would be good, but need to do more research. Vend s HORRIBLE.

Pros

It's easy for employees to search something. I Like how you can export the items to an excel sheet to count and then re-import.

Cons

1. It is like pulling teeth to get support. they make you write a novel rather than just simply calling- and then don't answer for days. I have been waiting exactly 7 days for my issue to be resolved. 2. Inventory counts are mysteriously inaccurate on a ridiculous amount of items, even after I update it the day prior.. It has been like this the whole 2 years on and off. There is no way it is employee/customer...

Hey Kristyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Vend POS. I’m very sorry to hear that you feel this way - we want Vend to be as easy as possible for retailers to use so I’m sorry that you’ve found some aspects a little difficult to master. Apologies for any frustration caused by this! I’m sorry that there was some delay with resolving your issue, sending through all the relevant information...

A good start-up POS software solution through to multiple site or franchise-sized businesses.

Suitable for start up to multiple site smaller businesses.

Pros

Video and text tutorials are first rate to help start new staff and keep up with areas of growth, like how to do a store credit or introducing gift cards. Updates to features are added regularly. The front screen is easily understood and the ability to add preset SKU buttons to the screen or folders on the screen is easy. The adaptability of what we have as a cafe sell screen versus the boutique shop versus our department stores sell screens PC, iPad or mobile device usability.

Cons

The customer needs to know how to do a product family tree and then set the Types and Tags correctly so that the reporting functions can give data that is segregated correctly. The Lay-by function acts differently than other software functions. (Sales are not added to the date it is paid off, maybe 2 months later, which means completed sales are understated during the Lay-by period) There is no method...

Best Product After Lots of Research

Pros

Vend has a great online interface WITH a strong back office section. Many other online services are great for checking out/selling but don't have a strong back office section. Vend also offers many things built in that others charge for. You can have multiple users..no fee; Gift cards supported..no fee, free "simple" e-commerce site, integrated payments. Also, you can have someone working in the back office section of the software while someone else is in the sales screen. Not all other software options can do that, beware!! Anyway, I've just been really impressed.

Cons

Vend needs to add support for more label sizes so you can batch and print directly from Vend. Currently you have to use the DYMO software to produce any label that isn't 1"x2 1/8". They do support other larger labels but not the butterfly or other small labels we can get here in the US.