All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

We use Vend in our 4 retail locations and for our web sales.

Pros

I like that I can access the Vend information for all of my chops form anywhere there is an internet connection. It has good reporting capability

Cons

We wish that there was more flexibility to get the product description information onto our register receipts. We also wish that the software could incorporate an integrated scale for items we sell by weight.

Awesome program and easy to use!

I love how it has decreased the time it takes to write up a sale.

Pros

I love that the managers are able to create quick keys to make it even more user friendly for the sales associates!

Cons

I do not like that on occasion it will randomly kick you off of your account in the middle of something and make you sign back in.

Try Vend if you are a small business ! (PS. I never leave reviews)

Pros

Vend Register is an easy to use Till / Cash Point system that uses inexpensive Kit, an Ipad, Receipt Printer, Cash Drawer and Blue Tooth Bar Code scanner if needed. No contract so you can leave if it is not for you and you still have a handy Ipad.

Cons

Vend invoice in NZ Dollars so for me being in the UK the monthly fee fluctuates a little so we have to check our bank statements to see how much it costs from month to month. Not a massive hardship, but not ideal.

Meets all of my needs, listen to my suggestions.

Pros

The reports give me the information I need. The help desk is excellent and help me out and return my calls in a timely manner.

Cons

No Year to Date sales at my fingertips. To enter new products, we need to enter the entire product inventory and then go in and divide the different store inventory. Leaves room for error.

Excellent POS system

Love it & use it daily.

Pros

It connects with our calendar and we can take a payment right from there & it populates their information automatically. Its easy to add products and services

Cons

The register has to be manually closed. Wish there was an automated close feature if it's not closed by a certain time of the evening

Using Vend for 5 years now, I can say it's helped our business to grow.

Pros

Ease of use Payment integrations Inventory management Reporting Training mode Third party integrations

Cons

Customer support is garbage. These guys happily take your money but when a problem occurs your left to basically sort problems out yourself with cookie cutter answers from a woeful support team

Overall a quality pos software

Searchability of inventory

Pros

The tagging function makes it very easy to sift through various types of inventory and distinguish certain store items from others.

Cons

The fact that the variant pages can't be searched for and that there are limitations with respect to variants in place when entering new products.

Very user friendly and intuitive.

Pros

Stock control options are top notch. The ability to order, return and inventory stock directly from the app is fantastic

Cons

Rather than having the option to use a modifier for an existing product each possible modification needs its own "variant". Not idea in a food service environment.

No other POS system compares to Vend

I spend almost a month testing other point of sale systems not one of them was as powerful and easy to use as Vend. I love the support they offer and the free 30 Day trial was even better, it actually allowed me to test different scenarios and get my products ready to go before our Go-Live date. Their support team picks up the phone and actually talks to you when you need them, their email and live chat is always super fast and responsive even on Sundays they respond. I am looking at opening another store and their multi-channel system looks to be exactly what I need to manage multiple locations.

Pros

Easy to use, Excellent Support, Bulk Import Variants, Built in Loyalty Program

Cons

Really nothing negative to say about Vend, I love this software

Great POS System

Pros

Vend has a lot of great features and integrations that allow the business to have a simple checkout process.

Cons

The biggest flaw in this system is that sometimes in can take a while for the data to sync, but that's to be expected really.

Program is a works in progress and poor communications

Great range of features and a good simple starter inventory management system , but the program is a works in progress and can be frustrating.

Pros

Neat, simple and easy to use, starter price was competitive. Good inventory management features, which feeds into the POS system, simple reporting and it has the capabilitiy to link to Xero.

Cons

I have had similar problems with others, when VEND update or upgrade the program, which seems like every 2 months, it plays havoc with the data inputting and adding new product, and with VEND, it is imperative that you input the data accurately when you add a new product. Plus, they are not good with communicating that they will be doing an upgrade or making changes to tariffs, which might affect the functionality of the program. I have been trialling the system for a year, and I am rather nervous of enabling the xero integration, as it might not be accurate information that is being fed thru.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Vend. Happy to hear that you're finding Vend easy to use and enjoying the range of features, including inventory management. Sorry to hear you've had trouble with an update. Updates are always done to add value to Vend and our team thoroughly research and test all updates before releasing them. Our friendly support team are able to help should you need assistance or have questions about any updates. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Vend user

Pros

Great for our chain of coffee lounges. Easy to use and enjoy the customer loyalty. Inventory is easy to use.

Cons

American pricing. No benefit of having 2 shops...only becomes discounted after 2nd. Also would like to see more integration with canadian banking terminals.

Excellent POS software

Pros

Vend allows users to set up a load of information behind the scenes, while keeping the interface straight forward for users.

Cons

Some syncing delays are the biggest cause of concern for my company as we strive to have quick, efficient service.

Very easy and handy

Pros

Can use anywhere and any device Nice interface and well designed Environmental friendly Fit many types of business

Cons

The cost some how I can't find any other disadvantages Asking for 100 characters here but I have nothing else to say :)

Vend POS

Customer service is always pleasant and helpful.

Pros

It is very easy to use and train someone to use.

Cons

That they change things without asking if it would benefit my company. Sometimes it does and sometimes it would of better off left alone.

Pricey product and poor inventory management.

Knowing what I did need in retail Software.

Pros

It has all the bells and whistles when it comes to setting up your retail store. It allows more than one register and many users.

Cons

The inventory management was terrible. I had one brick and mortar and an online store and the inventory was constantly off. Also you have to pay extra for customer support if you need to call and solve a problem immediately (register not working during business hours etc.)

Hi Brianne, Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with Vend - not what we like to hear at all! If you were using Vend Ecommerce or an ecommerce integration built by Vend (like Shopify) our experienced team are here to help 24/7 with inventory management. If you were using a third party ecommerce integration that wasn't built by Vend, we recommend retailers get in touch with that...

Very Elegant and Friendly Platform

Pros

Most of all, technical support. Launching Vend also called for back room inventory integration to four e-commerce platforms with over 5,000 products. The project required a lot of planning and support. Fortunately Vend is recognized as an up and coming company and our integration partners were 'user friendly' with the Vend platform, to various degrees. The Vend technical team was always there. Quick and accurate information. Then the product itself. I was hesitant as to the response from our employees with such a drastic change (from Quickbooks POS), but we were ringing test sales within minutes. The iPad POS and the mini-iPad customer display just looks awesome and complements our store's image.

Cons

A few features found in more mature systems are not there. With the introduction of gift cards before the Holidays, this big one will be off the list. The built in Reward system should allow for a loyalty card to be issued to the customer. Finally, being able to associate customer groups with special discounts. (ie VIP get 10% off every day) would complete my wish list.

Vend customer service & technical support shines.

Vend is overall quite versatile & super easy to use. The support is tremendous.

Pros

Support is available 24x7. Always helpful & responsive. Adding products is quite easy (also being able to duplicate would be nice).

Cons

We wish that we could customize receipts with information in the extended description. We also dream of an integrated scale feature since much of our inventory is sold by weight.

Very satisfied

Pros

Very user friendly and many great functions. I love how easy it is to find daily, weekly, monthly reports.

Cons

sometimes there is a bit of a lag in updating daily sales totals, but that may have been an internet issue.

VEND

I'm so glad I decided to invest in VEND as my POS operation from the get-go. As a start up business, it was very tempting to operate my little clothing boutique the old fashioned way - manually. But using VEND from start-up phase of my business has enabled me to steadily grow the business with absolute ease. I now sell online and I have been able to creatively incorporate new product lines into the store. The functionality of VEND is perfect for me now as a smaller operation and seeing that VEND will also be perfect for as I continue to grow, has actually encouraged me to expand the business far quicker than I might have done, if I'd been a manually run shop.

Pros

Everything from entering stock, selling stock and tracking stock is just so easy.

Cons

I would love to see more stylish webstore templates. I would be using VEND now as my webstore too, if the choice of templates on offer when I was setting up my website had been more stylish.

Vend review.

Pros

Vend is a POS system that helps the small to medium business runs online and in store. What i really like about this app is that you can easily access it through mobile phones.

Cons

This product is very useful and helpful. It works really well and the customer services is really good so i don't have any negative comments about this product

Amazing, easy to use and full featured

I've been using Vend for almost 2 years now with a range of clients. I am always blown away by the work Vend does, not only in updating the platform with new features suggested by retailers but also how easy it is for anyone to pick up and use.

Cons

Easy and very effective for our needs. Try it, you will like it!

Pros

It's a great alternative to expensive systems. Flexible, adaptable and it's easy to use, and we get great feedback from reports. I am pleased enough with Vend to have recommended it several times, to other people who trade the same products as us for evaluation. Make the most of the free trial, to see if it works for you and your business.

Cons

I have found that the best way to get help, advice & guidance is via chat facility rather then email requests which take a too long to get an answer. We have a small inventory and to set it it up took longer than expected, however this was our first system, so cannot compare it with others. I guess any set up would take time!

Overall Vend is a great platform for small businesses

Ease of use, Relatively dependable. easy to set up.

Pros

it's easy to use, has a very small learning curve and the ability to quickly complete many functions in relative short order. The customizability is is pretty good but does have some limitations.

Cons

Vend does not always report correct values or numbers, because it it always being updated new glitches and bugs can be introduced causing havoc for your day. I found out that when you close (Delete) an outlet that it deletes all attached reports other than the historical sales, so unless you back them all up they're gone forever, I feel like this is a huge issue for vend as these reports can be vital to have if your subject to audit like we are. While customer service is great I rarely get the answers that i'm needing or a solution for my problem.

Perfect for an uncomplicated retail business

Vend helped us get our business off the ground when our budget was very limited. Setup and operation was a breeze, and if there was a bit more functionality for bar operations, we would have stuck with it. We ended up having to reluctantly switch to a different, far more expensive software in the end, but Vend was great for most aspects of our business.

Pros

The user-friendliness and intuitiveness of Vend was great for us in our start-up phase at our brewery. We operated a retail store and taproom/bar using Vend for about six months.

Cons

Ultimately, there was a lack of complexity in the software for running a bar/taproom in terms of being able to use tabs. There is a 'tab' / layaway function we used as a workaround but it is not meant for this purpose.

Select your country

© 2010-2020 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.