Vend Logo

Vend

Run the world's best retail with Vend point-of-sale system.

Vend Reviews - Page 4

Great value

Pros

Easy to use. Good value for the money. Reports are nice and easy to read and filter.Works great on a Ipad.

Cons

Slow at times. Seems to lag at times. manual inventory needs to be easier to use with hardware we have.

Hey Bob, good to hear that you're pleased with Vend's value, usability, and reporting! Sorry to hear that Vend's been running slow for you at times - this could be to do with your hardware or internet connection. If you would like some assistance with this please contact our team using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. We're here to help! Thank you for leaving a review of Vend POS. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Full of Functionality

We use Vend in a guitar retail and repair shop to keep our inventory and repair prices organized.

Pros

Vend has a very versatile and flexible workflow, with lots of features and options to work for most any retail scenario your business may face.

Cons

With all the features and options, many of them are tucked away in submenus, and therefore provides a steep learning curve if you lack someone to tutor you.

Reliable and robust software for my inventory management needs

The software is so robust for my needs. Inventory is *almost* effortless when compared to my old way with the software I upgraded from.

Pros

I adore the Reports tab for glancing at revenue and other numbers! Checking out customers is a breeze.

Cons

lack of places to note changes in products (but in saying that I'm confident most features I desire will come, as they're open to feedback and always updating!

Hey Andrea, very pleased to hear that you're so happy with Vend POS! You're right - we're always open to feedback from retailers and take it onboard. So thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Small Business Retail Store Owner

Pros

Works, up and running 97% of the time as needed. I am a small seasonal retail business. Being charged for each register AND each location. I place my account on ICE during the "off" season. To get into the account and look at any reporting for future orders, etc you must continue to pay the normal fee for all registers and locations. Even if you need 1 report that would take 90 seconds to generate...

Cons

Always having to send an email for questions/help and sometimes it takes DAYS to get a response.

Great POS option that is easy to use

POS inventory cost tracking

Pros

Everything is cloud based, so access from anywhere Very easy to use to enter products and ring up sales Connects with most major products like Shopify

Cons

Product purchase order features are very minimal and not easy to utilize Product receiving has minor kinks like having not column with Item numbers etc. Hardware options are limited.

Great, low cost option for a quality POS

Point of sale needed for retail business

Pros

Simple to use. Flexible, and can cover multiple locations. Very easy inventory management, and can do inventory counts right online, and you can break up products into categories.

Cons

There isn't much. The only thing that I wish it could do is easily sync inventory with Enterprise desktop editions of Quickbooks. It does support Xero and Online Quickbooks.

We use Vend in our 4 retail locations and for our web sales.

Pros

I like that I can access the Vend information for all of my chops form anywhere there is an internet connection. It has good reporting capability

Cons

We wish that there was more flexibility to get the product description information onto our register receipts. We also wish that the software could incorporate an integrated scale for items we sell by weight.

Try Vend if you are a small business ! (PS. I never leave reviews)

Pros

Vend Register is an easy to use Till / Cash Point system that uses inexpensive Kit, an Ipad, Receipt Printer, Cash Drawer and Blue Tooth Bar Code scanner if needed. No contract so you can leave if it is not for you and you still have a handy Ipad.

Cons

Vend invoice in NZ Dollars so for me being in the UK the monthly fee fluctuates a little so we have to check our bank statements to see how much it costs from month to month. Not a massive hardship, but not ideal.

Meets all of my needs, listen to my suggestions.

Pros

The reports give me the information I need. The help desk is excellent and help me out and return my calls in a timely manner.

Cons

No Year to Date sales at my fingertips. To enter new products, we need to enter the entire product inventory and then go in and divide the different store inventory. Leaves room for error.

Excellent POS system

Love it & use it daily.

Pros

It connects with our calendar and we can take a payment right from there & it populates their information automatically. Its easy to add products and services

Cons

The register has to be manually closed. Wish there was an automated close feature if it's not closed by a certain time of the evening

Awesome program and easy to use!

I love how it has decreased the time it takes to write up a sale.

Pros

I love that the managers are able to create quick keys to make it even more user friendly for the sales associates!

Cons

I do not like that on occasion it will randomly kick you off of your account in the middle of something and make you sign back in.

Using Vend for 5 years now, I can say it's helped our business to grow.

Pros

Ease of use Payment integrations Inventory management Reporting Training mode Third party integrations

Cons

Customer support is garbage. These guys happily take your money but when a problem occurs your left to basically sort problems out yourself with cookie cutter answers from a woeful support team

Overall a quality pos software

Searchability of inventory

Pros

The tagging function makes it very easy to sift through various types of inventory and distinguish certain store items from others.

Cons

The fact that the variant pages can't be searched for and that there are limitations with respect to variants in place when entering new products.

Very user friendly and intuitive.

Pros

Stock control options are top notch. The ability to order, return and inventory stock directly from the app is fantastic

Cons

Rather than having the option to use a modifier for an existing product each possible modification needs its own "variant". Not idea in a food service environment.

No other POS system compares to Vend

I spend almost a month testing other point of sale systems not one of them was as powerful and easy to use as Vend. I love the support they offer and the free 30 Day trial was even better, it actually allowed me to test different scenarios and get my products ready to go before our Go-Live date. Their support team picks up the phone and actually talks to you when you need them, their email and live chat is always super fast and responsive even on Sundays they respond. I am looking at opening another store and their multi-channel system looks to be exactly what I need to manage multiple locations.

Pros

Easy to use, Excellent Support, Bulk Import Variants, Built in Loyalty Program

Cons

Really nothing negative to say about Vend, I love this software

Program is a works in progress and poor communications

Great range of features and a good simple starter inventory management system , but the program is a works in progress and can be frustrating.

Pros

Neat, simple and easy to use, starter price was competitive. Good inventory management features, which feeds into the POS system, simple reporting and it has the capabilitiy to link to Xero.

Cons

I have had similar problems with others, when VEND update or upgrade the program, which seems like every 2 months, it plays havoc with the data inputting and adding new product, and with VEND, it is imperative that you input the data accurately when you add a new product. Plus, they are not good with communicating that they will be doing an upgrade or making changes to tariffs, which might affect the functionality of the program. I have been trialling the system for a year, and I am rather nervous of enabling the xero integration, as it might not be accurate information that is being fed thru.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Vend. Happy to hear that you're finding Vend easy to use and enjoying the range of features, including inventory management. Sorry to hear you've had trouble with an update. Updates are always done to add value to Vend and our team thoroughly research and test all updates before releasing them. Our friendly support team are able to help should you need assistance or have questions about any updates. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Vend user

Pros

Great for our chain of coffee lounges. Easy to use and enjoy the customer loyalty. Inventory is easy to use.

Cons

American pricing. No benefit of having 2 shops...only becomes discounted after 2nd. Also would like to see more integration with canadian banking terminals.

Great POS System

Pros

Vend has a lot of great features and integrations that allow the business to have a simple checkout process.

Cons

The biggest flaw in this system is that sometimes in can take a while for the data to sync, but that's to be expected really.

Excellent POS software

Pros

Vend allows users to set up a load of information behind the scenes, while keeping the interface straight forward for users.

Cons

Some syncing delays are the biggest cause of concern for my company as we strive to have quick, efficient service.

Very easy and handy

Pros

Can use anywhere and any device Nice interface and well designed Environmental friendly Fit many types of business

Cons

The cost some how I can't find any other disadvantages Asking for 100 characters here but I have nothing else to say :)

Vend POS

Customer service is always pleasant and helpful.

Pros

It is very easy to use and train someone to use.

Cons

That they change things without asking if it would benefit my company. Sometimes it does and sometimes it would of better off left alone.

Very Elegant and Friendly Platform

Pros

Most of all, technical support. Launching Vend also called for back room inventory integration to four e-commerce platforms with over 5,000 products. The project required a lot of planning and support. Fortunately Vend is recognized as an up and coming company and our integration partners were 'user friendly' with the Vend platform, to various degrees. The Vend technical team was always there. Quick and accurate information. Then the product itself. I was hesitant as to the response from our employees with such a drastic change (from Quickbooks POS), but we were ringing test sales within minutes. The iPad POS and the mini-iPad customer display just looks awesome and complements our store's image.

Cons

A few features found in more mature systems are not there. With the introduction of gift cards before the Holidays, this big one will be off the list. The built in Reward system should allow for a loyalty card to be issued to the customer. Finally, being able to associate customer groups with special discounts. (ie VIP get 10% off every day) would complete my wish list.

Vend customer service & technical support shines.

Vend is overall quite versatile & super easy to use. The support is tremendous.

Pros

Support is available 24x7. Always helpful & responsive. Adding products is quite easy (also being able to duplicate would be nice).

Cons

We wish that we could customize receipts with information in the extended description. We also dream of an integrated scale feature since much of our inventory is sold by weight.

Very satisfied

Pros

Very user friendly and many great functions. I love how easy it is to find daily, weekly, monthly reports.

Cons

sometimes there is a bit of a lag in updating daily sales totals, but that may have been an internet issue.

Pricey product and poor inventory management.

Knowing what I did need in retail Software.

Pros

It has all the bells and whistles when it comes to setting up your retail store. It allows more than one register and many users.

Cons

The inventory management was terrible. I had one brick and mortar and an online store and the inventory was constantly off. Also you have to pay extra for customer support if you need to call and solve a problem immediately (register not working during business hours etc.)

Hi Brianne, Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with Vend - not what we like to hear at all! If you were using Vend Ecommerce or an ecommerce integration built by Vend (like Shopify) our experienced team are here to help 24/7 with inventory management. If you were using a third party ecommerce integration that wasn't built by Vend, we recommend retailers get in touch with that...