Vend Reviews

Vend

Run the world's best retail with Vend point-of-sale system.

Vend

I used Vend for a while but switched.

It was ok, but overall, Vend wasn't enough for me.

Pros

Easy to use and track your items you make in the system. Customer tracking was also easy to do. I also really liked the user interface.

Cons

The reporting and the price. The reporting was lacking, and the details you could keep on your products was also pretty lacking. And for the price, I switched to a competitor got more features and reporting and saved money.

HORRIBLE!!!

I NEED VEND TO HELP FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!

Pros

Cons

I have had this system for two years and use the website feature they offer. Three month ago they did a update that caused my website to not sinc with my inventory. I pay for the highest level of support you can get with this company and I can not get a phone call through to them, I can not get a response back from a Manager, my special tech people working on this after three months still do not know what the problem is. I have had to turn my website off three weeks ago and have asked for them to do a manual sync and it still has NOT been done. I am loosing money everyday from not having a website available. It is helpless....

Hi Nicole, Firstly, we want to apologize for the frustration and any inconvenience caused by this issue affecting your online store. We totally understand that this is not a situation you want to be in. Our team have made several improvements however unfortunately there is not one quick fix for the specific issue affecting your online store. A compensation has been processed for you and our team will be in touch when we have an update. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the situation and hope to have things running perfectly soon. Best wishes, Lucia Vend's Community Manager

Vend used for a Nature Store

I would highly recommend. We are very happy so far with the system. We implemented 5 months ago and we have not had any major problems getting it up and running.

Pros

We took this product on due to the fact we have multiple volunteers who need to use it. After reviewing 12 different systems (yes, I looked at 12 of them!) I chose Vend. The screen is user friendly. Completing purchases is simple. It's incredible easy to find a products. I have trained individuals from age 12 to 85 with success.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the time for customer service. Unfortuntely they are in New Zealand so you must email if you are from the US and wait for a reply. Their replys usually takes till the next day because of the time change but if you can wait, they are really good about giving you what you need.

With a free trial its a no lose

Pros

I lose this on a couple facts. Free trial for 30 days. On top of their insanely low pricing per month, this software is relatively easy to use

Cons

Monthly cost, no software to purchase and own with no monthly costs. Monthly costs are very low but still over time if you stick with this company it adds up

Hey Christopher, thanks for your review - you're correct, it's a 'no lose' situation been able to take Vend's 30-day free trial for a spin! We think it's a great way for retailers to see Vend in action and test the software. Vend plans are available on a monthly or annual billing and Vend runs on Mac, PC, and iPad so retailers can get going on hardware that's up to 90% cheaper than outdated legacy POS systems. That's a huge saving for retailers and allows a lot more easier for retailers when it comes to Thanks again for your review. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Features are overstated

Pros

Ease of use in-store, could train new employees or temporary help for big sales in a matter of minutes how to operate the register

Cons

The link-ability with e-commerce such as Shopify is not nearly as seamless as it is made out to be, lots of broken links

Hey Mike, thanks for your review of Vend POS. Happy to hear that you found Vend easy to use and train staff members on! Sorry to hear that you experienced some technical difficulties with your Shopify + Vend integration, if you have any exisiting issues with this we'd love to help you out. If you need any further assistance or have any questions please submit a ticket with our friendly support team here using this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Once you get over the basic hurdels VEND will become an invaluable TOOL for any business If you spend the time getting to know the program

We have six store plus a warehouse , sure we had some HUGE issues in the beginning manly the Bar code printing, this was fixed up by N/Z Head office I have recommended VEND to fellow business owners to date 3 have taken up VEND Simple to use program. Fantastic reporting

Pros

Easy for any staff member to use detail in reporting

Cons

Inconsistent information from support desk Help phone not being answered and a call back 48hours later (this is NOT Helpful) updating information and not thinking how this will effect the End consumer E.G the changes to the credit note

A great Change

We now have stats of everything. Inventory is awesome and easy to enter. Keeping track of things is easy. Staff use this system without any issue.

Pros

The intuitiveness of it makes it easy to train staff to use. Adding products and tracking is amazing. As a POS it knows exactly what retailers would need.

Cons

Can’t change a payment method if you hit the wrong one causing issues at end of day. Has messed up inventory/costs 2-3 x and we lost our work.

Hey Michelle, thanks for your review of Vend POS! Great to hear that you're finding Vend so easy to use and train your staff. Sorry to hear that hitting the wrong payment method caused some issues ¿ if you'd like to give us more details on what happened so we can look into that please open a ticket with our friendly support team. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Easy to use POS that is easy to implement, manipulate and most importantly to use.

PCI complacency

Pros

After investigation numerous options, we selected VEND and have no regrets. The application has evolved over time and it just keeps on getting better. The set up is easy and the reports are even better. The individuals I get to use the application find it very easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

At this point the ability to not use the ipad camera as scanner is a con which seemed to be present in a prior vend version

Excellent POS software for small retailers!

Pros

It has a lot of functionality. Which is a must in a high paced retail environment? It also works in a cloud meaning you can access it anywhere from any device - perfect for keeping a close eye on your sales going up!

Cons

As it is a SaaS software, sometimes you have to wait a long time for a new functionality that you wish it had.

Easy to use POS for my plant nursery. Been using Vend for 2 years.

Pros

Easy to update and track inventory using spreadsheet import/export. Quick keys for the iPad app are a nice feature.

Cons

No complaints. It does everything I need in a POS solution. Can't think of any features I'd need that it doesn't have.

Hey John, appreciate your terrific review of Vend POS! It's great to hear that you're so pleased with our point of sale software. If you do ever have an issue or want to submit a feature request, please reach out to our 24/7 support team. Hope you have a wonderful day! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Still not able to accept EMV transaction after a year

Pros

Decent POS, second year of the service had fewer outages than the first year. Reporting has improved.

Cons

Still can not provide integrated credit card processing. They partnered with Vantiv to provide a EMV solution. We signed up over year ago and still hasn't been activated. Vantiv has terrible online reviews and judging from 45 minute hold I was on, they are true. Even now Vend is advertising EMV ready credit card terminals with their partner Vantiv. Do not believe them, expect to be swiping and getting the occasional chargeback. People are stating to realize that if they dispute any swiped charge on their credit card, they will win. It is the newest form of shoplifting. Other issues have to do with the day to day workflow of maintaining prices and products. Just poorly designed. Customer Service is just apologies and denial of responsibility

My experiences with Vend have been great.

Love the front end of this product. Its easy to navigate on the ipad and the computer.

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate. I use vend every day in the showroom and love it. Very user friendly.

Cons

I don't like that sometimes it kicks me out while I am in the middle of doing something on my ipad.

POS

Pros

Eady to use if you're only operating a retail store and need a POS system and have an accounting system that can be integrated

Cons

Cant handle complex inventory costing so all the costing per SKU must be outside vend. It would be be great to have a better costing system

We grew up with this software because it forced us to follow their business methods. This has helped us on our change over to Light speed retail

If Vend had training that worked, it might help. The register part of the program worked well to produce tickets. Vend would send an email to ask us what could be done to improve. I replied with a large list of problems twice but did not get a phone call to ask what they could do to help.

Pros

Vend has the ability to do almost anything, it just is not intitutive in many ways. Vends inventory entry method worked well. They gave a discount for paying ahead.

Cons

Their Layby program(Lay a way)it just was not good. We asked for help and did not get it. Also it would lose sales tickets from time to time. Also the drawer check out did not give all the info you would expect. There were many ways to make things happen and that would confuse people as to how to do something. I think it is good software but just did not fit us as we were at odds with it many days. We never did get it to interface with Quick Books online.

Hey Larry, very sorry to hear that you weren't happy with Vend point of sale software or your experience with our team. Most retailers find Vend very intuitive and easy to learn so it's disappointing to hear you don't feel that way. If you have any specific feedback that you'd like me to pass on to our team you can reach me via email on [email protected] We wish you the all the best for your business. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager).

Awesome

We are super happy with Vend. It really improve our workflow, our customers on-desk experience and our budget decisions incredibly.

Pros

Easy to use for everyone. Connects perfectly our POS and online store. Support service is awesome.

Cons

There are still some little functions they can improve.

Best POS software hands down

Pros

The software's ease of use in its user interface was very refreshing and I love how it allows for reporting analytics.

Cons

Although the graphing feature is nice, I wish it were more robust and customizable.

been using vend for 6 months

Pros

That i can access sales remotely and add products remotely

Cons

the biggest issue is that i can't print a sales-summary of itemised sales for spot-checks for VAT dept on my thermal printer of that current day, what is known as an X reading, or even a summary of sales in one itemised list at the end of the working day, from my thermal printer, known as a Z reading. this was always standard on any traditional cash register. and i think would be super easy for Vent to have. --- it's a bit pricey, since within 24 months of using vend, one can buy a stand alone system with equipment included

A fan

Pros

The customer service is out of this world. They NEVER leave you hanging & always resolve my issues in the one phone call. These guys truly understand retail & the time pressures involved & have never let me down. They're generally good, fun peeps to deal with as well.

Cons

I have a pretty demanding list of requirements for reporting & some of them require a bit of excel manipulation, HOWEVER - the data has always been there, I've just needed to massage it a bit.

Vend is Fantastic

I love using vend for my business on a daily basis. It is very easy and time saving.

Cons

Cloud based software has issues.

Vend has some great features, but there are some downfalls with the software and the servers being based in another country. The main problem appears to be the Servers. At times the whole system grinds away and your customer has to wait till the cash drawer will open. Not real good when you have a lineup of customers. Customer service with vend is 50/50. Upgrades or changes made you are informed of after they are made by VEND.

Pros

Ability to connect to another register in another outlet, so you can see how each outlet is performing. Inventory counts are good, it gives a great snapshot of the performance of your business. We carry over 28,000 items in our store so it is a wise idea to keep track of everything.

Cons

Slow! Slow! Slow! Vend Servers are in another country so with cloud it takes time and at times of the day, the program just grinds away. It takes a while sometimes for the transactions to go through. We have upgraded all our computer hardware, believing that to be the problem. But no it is the servers that Vend use.

Vend provides efficient data management tools

Pros

Vend is a fabulous innovative company who are continually reinvesting to make their product better. They listen and they respond.

Cons

Wish I had this technology years ago. Have been with Vend for quite some time now - it hasn't always been smooth sailing but we have seen a marked improvement in the past 12 months. Thanks for listening to the frontline operational issues we experience.

great value for money POS software - superb support too

Pros

I have been using Vend for two years now and was amazed at the free trial to get us started, regular improvements without extra costs and the brilliant support.

Cons

No complaints at all as it's cost effective and really works

Vend is great

Pros

Great, simple, easy to set up product that works both on line and off line if there are any internet issues.

Cons

They are continually working on the product so any changes we needed were added to their roadmap

Easy to learn, to use, and great support team

Pros

It's great for small businesses, affordable, and super flexible. Their support is great too.

Cons

They're on the newer side so they're still working out a few small bugs. Overall it's great though.

Brilliant for sme startups! Cheap and highly functional. Good value

Pros

Simple enough to use and can perform most functions needed by small retail operarions!

Cons

Not seamless enough integration to Shopify. I think Vend have released their own ecommerce solution so try exploring that. Must be better.