Vend Reviews

Vend

Run the world's best retail with Vend point-of-sale system.

Vend

Plenty of potential, many features lacking

Vend has great potential and is super easy to get started with, but at this point it is not a full featured or robust POS system.

Pros

Easy to start using, ability to export and import CSV files, cloud based. Inventory is cloud based so you can sell at a convention or on-line and have your in-store inventory updated immediately. being cloud based you can also see sales numbers and individual transactions as they are updated. Ability to work on the back end from any location with an internet connection is fantastic.

Cons

Misleading information about what it integrates with, claiming to integrate with Quickbooks, but doesn't really and loses the ability to use store credit if you do try to integrate. I experienced very inconsistent customer service when I had problems. The first tier support got back to me quickly and tried to be helpful, but when a problem had to be escalated there was little or no update or help from...

Slow

Pros

Simple clean user interface that is very clear to view on a range of different devices and screen resolutions.

Cons

Ridiculously slow, especially for inventory management a simple inventory count can take well over ten minutes to complete and sometime the system just freezes completely.

Love our Vend Experience!

Pros

The software does all the basics we are looking for but the best part is that Vend is constantly improving features and their support is really great. There are certainly a few items that don't work the way we need them to and integration to Quickbooks Online is one of those but I really think this is a company that listens and if we keep providing feedback they'll respond accordingly. We've already had several enhancements in the last few months that make this package much better in a Canadian business context.

Cons

Missing a few basics (Quickbooks Integration in Canada) that are really useful for us small business owners!!

Great Product. Powerful and Easy to Use.

Pros

Vend is a simple but powerful POS and Inventory Management platform. I've been using it for 2 years. Easy to setup and use.

Cons

While the product is very robust in features. The company does seem to be a slower than others to release new features.

Vend Rocks

I just love this product! I researched a few POS options for our store and settled on Vend, pricing was right and customer service helped me make the decision.

Pros

Great customer service, lot's of upgrades and tweaking that Vend is working on all the time, very functional for recording customers, taking payments and linking with other platforms.

Cons

Priced in US dollars ( sad for canadians)

Great Product/Great Value

This software provides same features of high dollar software without the huge price tag. When I needed help setting up the hardware, the customer support representative, called me and walked me through the process and then checked back a couple of days later to make sure all was working well. I would and have recommended this product to all persons needing an easy to use software that provides all necessary reports for knowing how the business is doing.

Small business POS

We went with Lightspeed after demoing several programs. I used the 30 day trial with Vend and liked many aspects of it. Lightspeed offered a better multi store solution

Pros

Simple execution. Very intuitive setup and operation. I merged data from a .CSV file without any difficulty. Out of the box easy to implement system.

Cons

Some limitations. Requires strong WIFI connection - otherwise you will have some lag when ringing up or general system use. Not a great multi store solution.

Vend a Lifesaver!

My previous point of sale software was very functional and easy for a brand new business to get up and running. Suddenly however, they decided to discontinue their product, which forced us to make a quick transition. I spent a good deal of time comparing the variety of online software and landed on Vend. When comparing to other products, Vend was easy to set up, very reasonably priced, and offered all the features I was looking for.

Cons

Great iPad POS for large businesses

Vend is a great app for businesses willing to dish out. Vend makes the price tag worth it but having a great designed app which packs a lot of features for a great experience. One thing that makes Vend great is the loyalty program and the integration with PayPal Here and Tyro (in Australia) for quick and easy payments. After getting a client to switch to Vend their staff has really appreciated it as everything just works properly and the interface is a lot cleaner.

Pros

Loyalty Program, Payment Intergrations, Easy to use

Cons

If a monthly cost bothers you then it could be a con

Pros

This product is fairly easy to use and I would recommend it to anyone who owns a small business

Cons

Wish it had another feature for opening and closing register

A great product with great customer support

Pros

This is a great product. Easy to set up and use. The inventory and reporting side of things are excellent and the intergration with our accounts package xero makes everything very easy.

Cons

It's all good and nothing to suggest in this section.

This reviewer only left a rating

I've only had Vend for a week and I am so ready to switch to another program. Not only does it take their customer support days to get back to you via email, but they promise that when you purchase the software, someone will call you up and help you set up the software for your store. This never happened. Also, attempts to schedule a time with them to do this has been futile. Adding new customers...

Migrating to Vend a POSitive move

Pros

We have absolutely loved the simplicity of the system both at the counter and in the warehouse. The interface is pleasant to the eye and really easy to navigate. Their support during our assessment and migration was exceptional. We love Vend for their progressive approach to giving us at retail level a positive experience. Vend has certainly become a well-loved solution within our company and has exceeded expectation in all aspects. Thank you Vend.

Cons

When printing labels, the two step process to get them to print is a bit annoying, however if that is its only fault we have a winner in POS systems.

So easy to use!

Pros

The team at Vend are always so eager to help! The product is easy to understand and use

Cons

Laybys are difficult to work out and the tutorial is useless

Great Product for Retail Managers

Pros

-Inventory Module is easy to use -Reporting is highly customized -Pictures for inventory items are very helpful

Cons

- We cannot use payment because of PCI compliance. -Site is slow sometimes -Price is high for a single unit small store

Used for over a year, would never change! constant support if needed

Pros

Great support team and the product is so easy! i train my staff for 10 min and their away making sales!

Cons

nothing! product works great for everyday retailers

Vend is extremely buggy customer service is awful

Pros

Once upon a time vend was simple to use and had great reports

Cons

The changes When customer service cannot help with your issue they simply pass you over to another customer service person

Easy to use & flexible

Highly recommended for small to medium businesses.

Pros

Set up and use is pretty straight forward. Has some great features (though some are at an additional cost). Very good support.

Cons

Some of the next level features require a substantial jump in subscription costs. For example a second store is more then double two single store subscriptions (albeit with additional features)

Powerful and easy to use POS

Pros

Powerful, easy to use cloud based POS. Fantastic support and regular updates.

Cons

Reporting could be stronger, but is getting better all the time.

Vend Review

Pros

* Easy to use. * Wealth in integration. * The support is quick to understand. * Best customer service.

Cons

* Internet connection to have a better function. * Experienced some complicated like not loading instantly.

Great Affordable POS for Small Businesses

Pros

I love that it syncs with PayPal. Also I can customize my receipts with my logo and I also like that I can offer in store credit for returns or gift cards. Love the option to offer layaways.

Cons

The software won’t work on older iPads. I had to upgrade my IPad so I could use it.

Great service!

Vend has become the premier point-of-sale for us. We really weighed our options when we first opened; and Vend really stood out. Great customer service, great pricing options, amazing add-ons for couponing and other web services.

Pros

Quick, easy setup and great customer service.

Cons

Hard pressed to find one honestly.

Vend POS and Ecommerce

Pros

I have been using the Vend for more than six months. I am really happy with; the POS is very good and easy to use, even for those who dont have any POS experience. Integration with DEAR Inventory system is a great plus for me as many users want to manage inventory using DI. From a support service point Vend's support is fantastic. They respond quickly totickets I submit through their online service center, and the staff always follow up to make sure whatever issues are raised & resolved.

Cons

Beware Organisation Employee, anyone who can enter new stock and ca see everything like sales history, Price, Cost & other sensitive business data.

Solid, but not exactly what we needed

Pros

Solid user interface with a simplistic design. Offline mode, in case the internet drops. Reporting tools are intuitive

Cons

Price tag a bit higher than we’d like for our needs, at least until our business grows to a whole new level.

Great POS for any business!

Pros

It is very easy to use and the customer support is fantastic.

Cons

I can't think of a single thing that I don't like about Vend.