Vend Reviews

Vend

Run the world's best retail with Vend point-of-sale system.

Disappointing

The worst thing about vend is their customer support, it painfully slow and incompetent.

Pros

Easy interface, great integration with the right hardware. Unfortunately I cannot think of any other pros...

Cons

Don't be fooled unless you have experience in POS set up or accounting the software is hard to set up and integrate with Xero.

Awesome

more likely to refer it to my friends

Pros

Easy to understand and not too complex especially for small business. And cheaper fee. And they offer package and they have more benefits of using it.

Cons

I cant think of any cons as the software itself was easy to use and find it handy. More likely to keep it

Great POS for Small Businesses!

Pros

I love that it’s affordable for small start up businesses. If business is slow you can freeze your account for five dollars and resume the software when you can afford the monthly payment. Also, it has tons of great features. It syncs with PayPal & QuickBooks. I can do layaway transactions and gift cards. I love that my inventory is trackable and I have access to end of the day sales reports.

Cons

The software is relatively easy to use but I had to go to you tube to view quite a few tutorials before I got started. However, their tutorials are great and easy to understand.

Great product and simple enough for all the staff!

Pros

It's completely easy for the end user and the setup is straight forward as well.

Cons

On the setup end they've sometimes had multiple options for their products which wasn't always obvious to me which was which. However, once I got that straight it was smooth and simple to set up.

Vend - The most user friendly POS?

Pros

So simple to use, features are uncomplicated and intuitive. Very easy to train staff with the training mode feature.

Cons

A few improvements could be made when creating products with multiple variants to reduce input time but that is very minor.

Great tool to manage your opertions!

Pros

1. Good implementation software. 2. Cost efficient. 3. Strong loyalty program for customers. 4. Great interface.

Cons

The cost when you want to add some extra features or direct support to implement or develop the software requirements.

Problems every step of the way

Pros

The in-store point of sale system software is quite good. Easy to set-up and use so far. Plenty of online tutorials available.

Cons

The in-store POS system did not initially sync up stock levels with Vend e-commerce. I had to wait 2 weeks and continually contact support to get that fixed. Once that was fixed, items I had discounted weren't syncing with e-commerce. Sale items were displaying at full price. My latest issue is with my custom domain, which I thought would be fine to use, isn't. Vend doesn't provide SSL certificates so my online store is displaying as not secure. They have no advice for this.

Decent POS software, it works but don't expect nothing amazing

Pros

Very easy to use the app, plus it has decent pricing and I'm a big fan of the app design and backend.

Cons

Pretty basic software, it doesn't offer many features and offers quite a bit fewer than alternative POS software systems.

Vend Review

Pros

This help me so much in financial management and reporting, So transparent in all data that can understand all my trainees.

Cons

It will project nice and gives a good templates so as of now, there's no cons for this software. It help me a lot.

Excellent POS

Pros

Responsive vendor. Continuing development. Smart tools. Comprehensive functionality.

Cons

Struggles with variable price products. No mobile app for management overview.

Vend is our POS for our yarn shop.

Pros

Very easy to use and intuitive. Good customer service. Interface is clean and straightforward. A++ experience.

Cons

Honestly, I like everything about it. Nothing I don't like.

Simplifying retail

We use Vend in our ski hire business in Scotland, the software is fantastic and we throughly enjoy the simplicity and ease of use. Vend covers everything we could ask for and also the customer service is the best we have ever encountered. 10 stars from us.

Cons

Convenient straightforward way to keep track of inventory

It's easy to inventory, keep track of things, and search. It's very user friendly and has many functions making it a versatile and easy to use program for anyone.

Pros

Vend has a great search function making it easy and convenient to find anything! It's also a very straightforward program, very user friendly. You can add new items easily anytime.

Cons

To be honest I have not found anything negative when I've used Vend.

Hey Katie, thanks for such a great review of Vend POS! If you ever need any help or have any questions please let our friendly team know :) Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Awesome product

We've used Vend for more than a year without issues or difficulties. We have 2 paid staff and a small army of volunteers who use the software without issues week after week.

Pros

It's simple, flexible and pretty near bullet proof.

Excellent software

Incredibly versatile and delivers everything that it promises and can be adapted in many more ways. I run a bike rental/shuttle business and vend has been incredibly easy to use which means happier customers at the end of the day

Cons

The worst POS software Ive ever used!!!!

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this product and its support

Cons

This product is hopeless, it shows pointless information in its reporting, tells me I only need to count 98 products for stock take when I have close to 2000... I have to create an order to print price stickers for existing stock then the sticker templates they provide dont even come close to working. System constantly goes off line and stalls...... the support is none existent and you cant call anyone and no one calls you pack, their sales reps dont know a thing about the product.

So far it has been great

We have just changed over to Vend for our new billing system in our cosmetic surgery. The main reasons were cloud based, not having to worry about back ups any more, and simple to use. So far it has been great - works really well. And like changing to a new program you always want it to do the old program way! Well - with Vend Live Chat they were quick to reply - very professional and answered all our questions in a very friendly manner and showed us a better way!! They even emailed me the next day to see if everything was working well

Vend

Pros

Vend is a great pos application, it looks and feels very modern, and it's really easy to use for anybody, no matter how technical you are.

Cons

Sometimes it seems to react a bit slower than usually, but this might also be a problem related to our own network

Hey Jasper, thanks for your review of Vend POS! Appreciate your feedback regarding Vend being modern and easy to use, great to hear. If you're still experiencing any delays in speed please submit a ticket with our support team for assistance. Hope you have a great day! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

SImple basic retail POS

If you looking for basic POS retail this product works but limited if you have specific / more detailed feature needs

Pros

Ease of Use. Easy install and data entry. Handles all the basic POS functions. Easy to manuvere through software and customer service was very good.

Cons

Does not handle our needs. We are a furniture business and need customizable invoices, customer databases, and the ability to special order products with depsoits. System is not as robust as more expensive solutions but you get what you pay for.

Grow your business using Vend

If you are looking for point-of-sale, there is no need to go any further than Vend. Vend have built an incredibile online POS system, which is easy to use, affordable, and best of all, integrates with a number of other apps. Xero for the accounting system, Timely if you take bookings, Shopify if you sell online and Perkville if you want more customers :) If you stick to with your old cash register, your business will suffer. If you are serious about growing your business and you need POS, Vend is a must have.

Cons

This reviewer only left a rating

I own a winery and tasting room which shares space with another company. We have been using vend for the past 10 months and have been fairly happy with it. It's easy to use and to separate wineries and inventories. It offers idiot proof operations which is nice. Customer support is less than impressive. They do always get back with you via email, but sometimes take's several days. Sales totals and report totals don't ever add up. An inventory sheet and sales sheet have to be printed to balance.

I love Vend!

Pros

Easy to use - I love that the e- commerce is all built in one

Cons

Nothing - they are a dream to deal with. I can't fault them

Great Product!

Pros

Easy to use with a lot of good functionality. The reward system is also great

Cons

Not having the ability to change the rewards from dollars to points

Bad support

We've been using Vend for well over a year and the system is ok if you just have a bricks and mortar shop. Unfortunately if you do anything else, Vend are very unhelpful. We are a multichannel retailer and link Vend to our website with Shopify, and then both link to Xero for finance. Because Vend won't accommodate even the simplest request (even with a year's notice) we have to manually close down...

Awesome and getting better

This software has been a great ally for our store in terms of accesibility integration of all things related to handling our business. Vend is also in constant upgrade with even more powerful options each time. Support is great and a lot of materials are available. My only concern with cloud based programs is if they make an unfortunate upgrade that affects usage, there's no possibility to stick with the older version.