Viber Reviews

User ratings

4.4

3.6K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

See full reviews by rating

It's a great software for communication purposes, sharing information, and having a meeting. Since it is free of cost, giving it a chance to use will definitely save time.
I enjoyed using this amazing app, it is easy to use. It connects me with all over the world.
My overall experience is very good, the app fulfills what it's made for, and every user has a very positive opinion about it.
This ended up losing to other social networks that have no limits on the call, even if you hang up you can resume the call.
You cannot block calls from unknown users , i think this option is very important. I hate it when there is bad WiFi or mobile data signal because vibers’ quality gets bad a little and slow.
Also there is no option for blocking the contact so we can't block those whom we are irritated of. Viber doesn't utilize our GSM data service.

Viber users...

Skype

Meta for Business-logocaret
+ 5

Meta for Business

How would you rate Viber?

3,631 reviews

KB

Kristina B.

Therapist

Mental Health Care, self-employed

vibe review

Transcript

Kristina B.: Hi, I'm Kristina. I'm a psychotherapist. I would give Viber four stars. For more reviews,...

Amazing communication application

Transcript

Karan P.: Hi, my name is Karan. I'm currently working as a cybersecurity developer. I would like to give...

Viber - simple and easy communication tool

Overall, Viber has provided a very good service, regardless if it is a private chat or a business group and discussion. The ease of use and the straight - forward interface are the best things about it. I would gladly recommend it to everyone, as it does the job that it is intended for perfectly.

Pros

Viber is a great tool to have and use when it comes to personal or business communication. It allows you to reach people fast, share information, files, images etc. and it is reliable. It can be used for business communication as well, since it offers group management and control over your discussions.

Cons

The fact about Viber that is the least likeable is that it is not commonly used. Some other communication apps are much more popular and Viber is not supported everywhere so this might cause additional issues. There is a thing with the newest update that also causes messages to come through late, as the push option is not the most reliable out there.

I like the emojis of Viber, they are so cute.

Viber is good for expressing the moods and the emotions while chatiing with other people especially with your close friends since emoji sets are so informal and cute however Viber is not good for voice and video calls.

Pros

Viber's emoji set is definitely the most original and funny emojis set among all chat applications. I like to express my extreme feelings to the peson I am talking with great looking emojis of Viber. Also stickers are very attractive and there are a lot of sticker options that reflects my different moods.

Cons

I am not happy with the video call and voice quality of Viber. Although it is really extremely good for texting when it comes to calls Viber is not the best option. Also it drains my battery so fast during the video calls, I need to look for plug every time when I start a video call which makes my life really harder.

Instant messaging made easy

My overall experience with Viber was very pleasant and satisfying due to the fact that I can make calls abroad to family and clients for free. Viber is easy to use and understand; the interface is simple and user friendly.

Pros

Viber is a fast, simple and easy method for instant messaging and for video and voice calling. Allows you to connect with friends, family and clients with ease via both audio and video calling options and the best part is it is free even for calling abroad. The feature that allows you to create different groups is also beneficial because you can communicate with several individuals all at once e.g....

Cons

The biggest disadvantage of Viber for me is the fact that there is a limit to the size of a file and length of video that can be shared in a Viber chat. Also due to the fact that Viber communications are made over the internet there are distortion with the audio and video during calls based on the internet connection available to you.

" Viber - A popular messaging software. "

Viber is safe and secure. Best option for international calls. I am a big fan of their unique colorful emojis.

Pros

Viber has super easy user interface. You can use viber both in your PC and mobile devices. Viber users can communicate each other through messaging or audio/video calling. Viber emojis and stikers are too awesome . It makes my chat experience more enjoyable and colorful. Viber user can easily join large group or community and share each others fellings, midea, files. Viber provides My note features, it is so useful. Here you can save your important notes, to do work list, important chats and you can set a reminder for any notes.

Cons

There are some issues with video calling and voice quality. It's a online application, so you must have net connection for using viber. in come country viber is not so popular and another drawback is mobile and landline call rate packs are little expensive.

Viber for caring and sharing

Viber is my friend for many years and it has helped me in different ways. So viber is still installed in my mobile. I suggest everyone to use viber. Viber has added lots of features during this 7 years and I hope it will develop more friendly features in coming days.

Pros

Viber is a friendly application with lots of useful features. Viber helps for sharing and caring. Viber allows to share photos, videos and files. The quality of videos and photos degrade in less in comparison to other application on my mobile. Viber helps for communication with family, friends , teachers and so on. It helps for official and unofficial interaction. The voice call and video call facility are used in daily basis for various actions. Emoji, gifts helps for sharing emotions and short message. Viber has been useful for me in my different roles like as a friend, students, family member and so on.

Cons

Viber has various features but as a user I would ask for more and more . Especially limitations on sending files must be increase to more capacity. I have used viber for more than 5 years and major problem faced by me is backup. It is difficult to get to old information when we reinstall viber. The backup facility must be develop with advanced features. The person having information of mobile number can call on viber. Nowadays viber has been used for more advertisement by the companies which is annoying at some point.

Very popular messaging system in South-East Europe

Communication with people from South-East Europe is easily solved with this app.

Pros

It is convenient, very intuitive and simple Over the Top Cross Platform Application. You can install it on several devices and they can work simultaneously. In new era of different messaging systems, this one is particularly interesting in South-East Europe region where almost everyone is using it. So, if you want to communicate with people in that area, this is the right app. Moreover, end to end encryption with auto destroy function make it really interesting for secret chats.

Cons

This app does not have web interface. In comparison with other messengers, it would be great if there would be a web messaging interface. Application is not really lightweight, too, and on older phones it does work slow and bulky.

Internationally recognized platform

Very pleasant, I use it predominantly for both business and personal

Pros

I love that it is used internationally and the connection quality is always top notch. I can fully customize my app

Cons

I dislike that it is not compatible with apple and Samsung watches you receive notifications but are unable to respond as you would with other platforms

Viber for free calls and messages!

I am a purple lover. So, only by looking at the interface of viber it captivates me. I have the viber version 11. 2. 0. I usually use this to communicate with my family members who lives Italy, Dubai, America and Australia. Because any time any where we can connect through voice or vedio call. Not only me but also my cousins are prefer to connect with viber. With the quality of the voice I feel they are always near to me.

Pros

Very firstly viber has the most attractive interface with the most attractive background wall papers than the other similar apps. It provides vedio or voice calls and massages for free from anywhere in the world to another viber user in anywhere. Viber has the most attractive and colorful sticker packs I have ever seen. Specially it facilitates to edit a send messages. By using viber we can make our...

Cons

The one and only problem I have experienced with the viber is limitation of sending photos. It allows only 10 photos to send at once. So, it is better if that limitation can be increased.

Complete Communication Solution

The one negative I see with Viber, and it is a significant one in my opinion, is that it is not as commonly recognized and used as other messaging apps.

Pros

My experience with Viber has been fantastic in every aspect; it has never let me down, as long as I have a strong internet connection. Because it has a huge variety of functions and is quite secure, it is very beneficial for both businesses and individuals. It is, in my opinion, a fantastic application. Because there are other, more popular programs, I haven't used it in a while. It is undeniably a high-quality application

Cons

Viber is one of the best for texting, calling, and video calling, and it allows us to contact with people all over the world in real time. It's a free program that improves the sound quality of conventional phone calls. Viber connects our phone address book, and whenever we want to call or text, the display encourages us to use Viber or our mobile provider. It offers the ability to share photos from the computer, as well as the ability to take photos and add text to photos at the same time. It has a large number of emojis, which makes our chats more entertaining, as well as more security options.

Viber - One of the best FREE calling and messaging app

I have over 2 years experience using the software and totally love it to the max. Who said that free apps can't be this exciting and pleasing to the touch. I am super pleased with the overall user experience, design, features and functionality.

Pros

Viber is one of the best and FREE cross-platform voIP and IM software on the market and is highly favorable by many. you get a ton load of features packed into the little app which makes a huge impact on your overall life style. Based on your bandwidth allocation, you can experience crisp and clear video calls and or voice calls anywhere you have cell phone service. This is an awesome little application...

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment about the application.

One of the best chat apps on the market

Overall Viber is still good t use. Like I mentioned, I only used it exclusively for family members. I love the cute stickers and as long as you have a strong internet connection, quality of voice calls is superb.

Pros

Viber is a chat and VOIP app. You can call viber users or call telephone landlines for a fee. I have been using viber since it came out. I use it exclusively for chatting family members to avoid noise and clutter. Viber is affordable and competitive for making international calls. Although I seldom use it anymore to make phone calls, it still very affordable. I like the chat feature of this app....

Cons

Skype and Whatsapp in my experience have more clarity if you have a weak internet connection. Viber is no longer as popular as before because of competition. Viber is not promoted as heavily compared with its competitors.

Quality video calls for free

We use it since at least 2 years to communicate and see each other when family members lives abroad, but sometimes we also use it at work for standups, when someone is working from home.

Pros

Free messaging app and video calls have great quality overall, at least compared to other messaging apps. The simplicity and ease of use made it a great app for my grandfather, who often use it to call his nephews and family when they are abroad.

Cons

Sometimes you endup in group chats that you don't know why and how it happens, I always find myself cleaning up the viber chat groups of my mother who without her knowing she endups in group of people that she doesn't know. Sometimes are spam group chats.

Excellent service with minor issues

Great! Very satisfied with the service. The groups' functionalities work best as compared with competition apps.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, incl. for business. Very fast service, virtually no downtimes, media is super easily transferred (photo & video).

Cons

The button for 'Like' is only the 'heart'. Perhaps a 'like' button/'thumbs up' would be better. The 'love' button could be confusing sometimes. The search option does not work good in the mobile app - you cannot easily find what you are searching for, especially in old conversations loaded with a lot of info. It would be great to have the option to transfer your current conversation history from...

Most used communications in our office. Highly recommend!

My overall experience in the last 2 years has been great. I’ve tried other products similar, and Viber surprised me in the best way. Myself and our office have been utilizing this software for all types of communication and data for in office to sister companies in other states and even other countries. When it comes to having a second line of communication I highly recommended Viber over any other platforms out there right now.

Pros

The variety of features makes Vibers line of communication ideal for any personal or business purposes. It’s very easy to use and connect. Sending and receiving photos, data, face to face calling and the security within the service makes it perfect for my office and personal life. Also the informational channels and group chats keep me up to date with real-time news of what’s really going on in the world.

Cons

Bad internet service makes it harder to use. Unable to block unwanted calls. If those things were fixed I’d have no cons.

Great quality calls and a creative instant-messaging platform

I am communicating with my family and friends using Viber every day. I like how easy it is to use, and that I can use a wide range of fantastic stickers to enrich my conversations with the people I care about.

Pros

Viber offers a wide range of communication features, such as instant-messaging, sending pictures and video, as well as offering landline calls at very affordable prices. I love the sticker market that is constantly updated to make your conversations richer and more creative. The stickers really look great and are the best among all other apps of similar purpose. The dark theme that arrived with recent updates is a plus too, I use it a lot and it looks great. Viber always keeps up with the latest trends. It also offers a high level of security to its users. You can customize your online appearance by deciding on whether you want to share your online and seen status, showing your photo, etc. You can also hide chats and have secret ones with your selected contacts to keep things private.

Cons

A downside is that the Viber Out is not available in all countries, limiting the number of potential users and having access to cheap landline and international calls. Other than that, I can't really point out any downsides of using this app. Maybe a smaller number of users of Viber, compared to its competitors kind of limits its potential, but that is really all.

Review for Viber

Viber is a communication tool for smartphones and desktop operating systems that provide instant messaging and voice calls over 3G or Wi-Fi networks. The application works on all platforms and can be used from desktop computers. You do not need to register for use. Your phone number is being accepted.

Pros

It allows users to send pictures, video and audio messages to each other, as well as text messages. The program supports a large number of mobile operating systems (Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Symbian, Bada) and desktop operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux). Also, customers can create groups until 200 members.

Cons

If you don't have a Wi-fi connection, you are not able to use Viber. In my opinion, this is my most disliked feature. But as I said, at the moment generally I like Viber and still, I will continue use.

Viber is the best !!!

my overall experience is good , It has many wonderful qualities as it allows communication and exchange of text messages, voice calls, pictures and video clips.I can hide message chats with a code . Secret chat like snapchat 😉 It got video calls better than WhatsApp it got awesome stickers . it's useful to use when doing business , one of the things I like is the most of my contact number are using Viber . Overall, it's great, bearing in mind that it needs a strong network.

Pros

* Making free international calls, provided that the person to whom it is sent has the Viber application on his mobile device . * Supports group chat with a large number of people. * It has very beautiful and animated emojis . * The application works easily and does not need time to start. * Sync contacts is very smooth while allowing access to anyone on my other apps. * Viber also has a version for desktop and laptop computers, such that i can remain connected while on my computer. * For me Viber seems to be a bit better in Video calling than other applications. * The hidden chat feature separates Viber from WhatsApp, only Viber has feature..

Cons

* Using the Viber application allows access to all the files on my phone, and therefore all messages on the phone can be accessed, whether I sent or sent to me, as well as access to all the calls that I made or received. * Allows access to my personal photos, accounts, and files, and determine my location in a way that violates my privacy. * It needs a strong internet to be able to make a good quality call .

Simple review of Viber

Viber is one of most famous programming in today. The best thing about Viber is it has very high security to our messages as well as having beginning to end encryption limit. Moreover, it has splendid gathering call office offices also. More people can join to bunch call while analyzing with different applications. In like manner Viber has radiant sticker packs to light up our discussions and visits.

Pros

Viber enjoys a few benefits, for example, various capacities to draw in and keep up with, continuous visits, calls, and video calls, correspondence cryptography, expanded degrees of secrecy and security, choices to customize talks, a wide scope of emoticons and gifts, networks with an unending number of respondents, and an assortment of gathering manager choices. Viber's norms are not confined; they are very open. You can join organizations to know all of the updates that you are enthusiastic about. Likewise, Viber is totally liberated from cost for individual and business use. It is really open in various working systems and with few plans and can without a very remarkable stretch point of interaction with your saved contacts. It additionally has incredible sound quality.

Cons

The free form of this product contains an over the top number of notices that seem at regular intervals. The promotion will be taken out in the exceptional form, however there's nothing more to it. There are no new highlights or apparatuses included with the superior adaptation. It makes buying the paid adaptation unappealing to me.

Non-mainstream but has potential to be

satisfactory. most of the time serve the basic needs.

Pros

intuitive user interface, good features and support many mobile needs of modern users. easy installation. easy transfer between mobile devices.

Cons

not stable for mobile connection. voice or video is fine if use alone, but video and voice together is not. ambience noise is too loud

A great way to remain social for free!

I also love the sticker packs that you can use to express your emotions in any situation. It makes your experience more fun and lively! Sometimes there are some things that you want to say or express that words can not quite do the job and that is where the stickers come in handy! All you have to do is go to the sticker store and download your favorite pack and then you can use them at your leisure! Overall, I was very able to stumble upon Viber almost four years ago and I will continue to recommend it to anyone who does not have Facetime or Skype, or feels that those programs are not the greatest, as I agree. Viber is where it is at!

Pros

Viber is a wonderful app that I find far superior to Skype and is a great alternative for me to Facetime, considering I own an Android phone and not an Iphone. Not only does it allow you to make video calls to any other Viber user for free, it also allows you to text them free of charge as well! It is a great way to remain socially connected to friends and family without putting a huge dent in your...

Cons

Sometimes you get notifications that you have previously disabled in the past but that is nothing major and definitely nothing that is going to stop me from using this excellent App. Other than that I feel like it is a great software/app and I would highly suggest it to anyone!

Viber for sharing

The overall experience with viber is good. Viber is found to be useful and helpful application. Viber has helped to improve relation with friends as well as family. Viber is useful for while working on group projects. Viber has been helpful for me which inspire me to suggest my friends to use viber for better communication. Though viber have some features which is not liked by me but the advantages of viber has made my experience fruitful.

Pros

Viber is the app used for sharing ideas, files, photos, videos among friends, family and other people. The best feature that i noticed while using viber is we can sent photos having high quality at one click. Viber is also effective for sharing study materials among classmate. Viber has many strickers, emoji's which makes conversation more interesting.The video call facility has helps to connect among family and friends. The features of forming groups has help to save time for communication as we can connect with group of people at once.

Cons

The limitations while sharing on viber is the thing i donot like about the app. There is viber out option and unkownly clicking that cost for user. Anyone with the phone number can call on viber. When there is weak network viber doesnot work properly.The frame is small for profile picture in viber so sometimes it is not possible to keep the profile picture as our wished.

Video Calls for Free

In general, I like using viber as I can keep track of conversations and I can call abroad to other people who have Viber without paying for a call. You cannot do conference calling. It is one-to-one.

Pros

I have been using Viber for about 10 years and it keeps improving its user experience and features. Video calls and calls in general are not the most reliable but it depends on the time when you call. They offer features such as location sending, images and video sending as well as fun activities such as sending hand drawn images and gifs.

Cons

Reliability of the software when it comes to video calls. Sometimes I have 45 min uninterrupted conversation and sometimes, it cannot last for more than a few minutes. Also, one time, a message that was supposed to be sent to one person, was sent to multiple people ( it was a glitch). I can't imagine if it was a confidential thing.

Viber for Overseas

Viber makes it easy and affordable to keep in touch real time with my overseas clients without paying an arm and a leg to do so with international plans.

Pros

Viber is super easy to use and even comes preinstalled on a lot of phones. I enjoy not having to pay for an international plan in order to keep in touch with my overseas clients, especially when it comes to lengthy projects. As long as you have access to data or internet the app works as well which is a positive.

Cons

Video calling isn't as reliable as texting and messaging, the quality can be funky and at times it drops the call which I never have an issue with on an actual call.

Review for Viber

I have very positive overall experience. Viber is a great messenger, with many interesting features. It allows me to create groups, where I can communicate with my colleagues and friends. Also the emojis in Viber are really cool. It has some minor disadvantages, but it very wildly used and I like this app.

Pros

First it is available in both IOS and Android platforms, so if you switch from IOS to Android(or vice versa) you would not use your Viber account. Second the interface is very easy to use and it is very easy for you to navigate there. Third you also use it on your laptop(just scan QR code) and you can use your Viber in laptop. It is especially great if you want to have video call with someone(it would provide better video and audio). Also you can see the status of your message, which is not available for some messengers. Last but not least you can create group chats and communicate with friends there, as Viber is a worldwide used app.

Cons

There is no availability to search for text inside conversation(sometimes you might need to find specific massages, and the lack of this feature make it difficult to find the message). Also if you get photos and videos from Viber, it will automatically save this media in your phone's gallery. This is quite disgusting for me as the internal free storage decreases drastically over time.

chat with everyone for free and safe

I was looking for a free and secure messaging platform that I could use to keep in touch with my family and friends who live abroad and I found this. Viber is a free messaging platform that lets you call, message and share photos with people.

Pros

You call and message anyone you want, anywhere in the world, with just a few clicks. All you have to do is create an account, install the app, and then you can start chatting with your friends and family. You can call them through a 3G or 4G network or even through wifi, the app is very easy to use and it couldn't be more convenient. You don't have to worry about expensive phone bills either, since the calls and text messages are free of charge.

Cons

the app is not very popular unlike one of its competitors. I like to use it but I very often have to ask my contacts to install it first