Viber Reviews

4K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

Reviews by rating

It's a great software for communication purposes, sharing information, and having a meeting. Since it is free of cost, giving it a chance to use will definitely save time.
I enjoyed using this amazing app, it is easy to use. It connects me with all over the world.
My overall experience is very good, the app fulfills what it's made for, and every user has a very positive opinion about it.
This ended up losing to other social networks that have no limits on the call, even if you hang up you can resume the call.
You cannot block calls from unknown users , i think this option is very important. I hate it when there is bad WiFi or mobile data signal because vibers’ quality gets bad a little and slow.
Also there is no option for blocking the contact so we can't block those whom we are irritated of. Viber doesn't utilize our GSM data service.

4,005 reviews

Karan S.

Cybersecurity engineer

Accounting, 5,001-10,000 employees

Amazing communication application

Transcript

Karan P.: Hi, my name is Karan. I'm currently working as a cybersecurity developer. I would like to give...

Glenn S.

Associate Director of Talent Development & Brand

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Great Communications Platform

Transcript

Glenn: Hey, my name is Glenn, and I'm a talent development manager. And I give Viber a four out of five...

Akanmu O.

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

A great communication software that bridges the gap between management and their customers

The fact that Viber has saved our organization a lot of fund that would have been used on marketing and communicating our staffs and customers makes it worthwhile, easy messaging, video calling, sending all kinds of documents, and having been able to compare the data derive from other organizations to know customers wants makes viber a pleasing environment more than just a messaging app

Pros

First of, the interface is user friendly and with it's very capable end to end encryption which guaranteed a secured data both stored and transmitted makes this a topnotch, the video , messaging and even sending doc function comes with ease and it all works well in areas without strong internet connection.

Cons

We've once had issues updating and transferring of documents to another new devices but this was eventually solved by our engineer even though it delayed some important business of the day, but it happens just once and we eventually find a way around it

ZM

Zsolt M.

Hospitality, self-employed

Easy and great tool

Pros

Easy and great tool to communicate with friends and customers. Popular, so most customer are comfortable to use it.

Cons

Too many advertisement and offers from Viber.

Stasha K.

E-Learning, self-employed

After Skype, this was good but now it's the same unstable service

It can be a good chit-chat option if you want to communicate with someone, especially if that person is not in the same country as you are. It's cost-free. Not for crucially sharing information.

Pros

I am using it as a free line for private meetings and video chats. Most of the time I use only chat (typing) for fast connection with family. The messenger is good and has all the possibilities to express yourself. I like the option when I use default emoji to be promoted to use proper stickers instead (for free). Stickers base is constantly upgraded and there is something for everybody's taste for creative and fast chat messages.

Cons

Suddenly, without obvious reason, the app stops to inform me about received messages and give me missed call notifications instead of a ring. The application is unreliable for the mentioned reason because it is easy to miss an important message or call.

DG

DEEPAK G.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

viber review

Pros

chat and messaging. easy ui interface and quality network

Cons

less integration. cant use it on web like whatsap

AM

Attila M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Great free-to-use app

Pros

It's very easy to use, and free of charge calls viber-to-viber.

Cons

Connection not always stable during video calls. Other providers have it more consistent.

SC

Sam C.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees

Better customer engagement

Pros

With Viber, I am able to better manage my customers with a wide range of tools

Cons

I did not find anything troubling while trying to use it.

JD

Jhonell D.

Computer Games, 1-10 employees

Good Enough

Pros

This type of messaging app is so easy to use and very convenient.

Cons

I hate that when there was no option to hide my birthday.

CV

Chiegwuinyi V.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

viber best one of the app

it is nice and i found it very interesting app to use

Pros

i like the interface, which is very easy to use

Cons

the video support is not really okay, but others are good

AT

Alexandru T.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great tool, fast and optimised

Pros

The management of the conversations is superior compared to other similar chat tools.

Cons

The inverface is not that intuitive compared to other similar tools.

Higher Education, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Review of Viber

Pros

It is easy in use and does what it has to do.

Cons

Not many people I know use it so it is not the best way to communicate with a lot of people.

Masdiana M.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

My experience with viber in business settings

Overall, Viber is an excellent forum for simple chatting. While it has some limitations, it is incredibly user-friendly. As far as I'm concerned, Viber is now one of the best options for chatting. I'm delighted to be able to use Viber to communicate with my friends and colleagues and conduct official business.

Pros

Viber is a helpful app for people of all generations. It establishes bonds between friends, family, and individuals. Viber allows you to share files, videos, and photographs in addition to messaging and calling. It facilitates the exchange of ideas and improves communication. People consider Viber to be a sharing app because sharing photos doesn't diminish the quality. It is beneficial for teachers, leaders, colleagues, and family to interact with a significant number of people by forming groups—Viber aids in the maintenance of tight bonds. Feelings can be expressed with the aid of stickers and emojis. Viber has several features that can help people communicate more effectively. It is simple to work using a cell phone number.

Cons

Viber has many benefits, but it also has several drawbacks. The file-sharing restriction. It can be hard to access upgraded Viber on some mobile devices. Getting old data back after reinstalling Viber is a challenge. Although we can share files, the size of the data we can share is restricted. For Viber's features to work correctly, it needs high-speed internet. Unknown people can often contact you via Viber simply by knowing your phone number. Viber has been updated from an older version, and it is hoped that it will be able to transcend its current shortcomings and continue to improve.

PB

Pagona B.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

My Viber

It's important to have tools that do facilitate you and not freeze on you or stuff like that, that I've experienced with other messenger applications. Most of my calls are made via Viber nowdays and I've even been in contact with doctors, teachers of my children and customers from all over the globe. I even erased the application at one time, when I bought a new phone, and after downloading it and requesting the back up history, I had everything on my new phone.

Pros

I've used Viber during the pandemic to communicate with loved ones and business partners alike, in so many and easy ways that I've completely replaced my main line and e-mail communication with it. It's a big communications operation room, where I have everyone of importance at the tip of my finger (or my mouse), making my life so much easier and my schedule stress free.

Cons

The only times I had a problem was when I used the computer version and my internet provider had problems of their own, since Viber can be used with an internet connection only. But even then, my smartphone saved the day. I used very few data and completed my task.

Shahila A.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

My viber review

Viber has it own pros and contra which still make the software usable for communication purpose. It can be use for calling a landline number and overseas number, but it will cost some money to use it. For 3 years of experience with this software, i really happy with the service.

Pros

Viber is the best for a video call as their video call quality is very good and the audio is very clear. To socially connecting with my team, family and friend is the most important for me and Viber is very good with it. It has many sticker and emojis that i can choose and sent, which will make the conversation more casual.

Cons

Viber public group is too chaotic as members keep on spamming emojis and unrelated information that defy the group objective. There are no system to filtering the spam, especially if the group admin is not active to control the situation. It really give me a negative experience with the public group and never going to join any no more.

LM

Lougene M.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Best way to communicate within your organization!

I am still using Viber, both personal and professional. I can definitely reach those people I need access to with Viber. I also recommend this app to those who are looking for a secure, user-friendly, and free messaging app.

Pros

I like the fact that Viber is free so anyone with an Android or iOS device can download it. I have been to companies that utilize this app so I trust that Viber can handle the major messaging functionalities I am always looking for. I can also install Viber in desktop so syncing messages from my phone to my laptop is so seamless. I definitely recommend Viber to be a messaging/communication app in your corporation.

Cons

Viber frequently releases its update to expect that it will prompt you for an app update, both in phone and in desktop. However, you can still use it as-is even if there are update requests -- it is just kind of annoying to see those information popup from time to time.

Suhailah S.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Good with video call

This application is very light and not burdening my phone RAM and storage. Having a video call with my families is very easy by only a single click on the phone. Overall, this messenger application is very decent and can connect user quickly.

Pros

I really like with Viber minimalist and clean interface which really helping when i am trying to find and use the tools in this application. It has many public groups that i can join that match with my interest and making friend there. The video call quality of this application is one of the best and i can have a very high quality video display.

Cons

There is no filter for spam in the public group and end-up keep popping notification in my phone. It is a nuisance and i had to leave the group to avoid the spam messenger. A new feature to filtering the spam messenger will help a lot in for me.

Textiles, self-employed

Make some Ads to the app

In my experience I found Viber to be a trustworthy messaging app. The fact that it offers messaging, voice and video calls is fantastic. Additionally I liked the variety of stickers and emojis they provide which made it easy for me to express myself.

Pros

What I really enjoyed about Viber was the option to send messages for free and the excellent quality of voice and video calls

Cons

One thing that bothered me about Viber was the delay during video calls and the need, for a premium subscription to access some features. Moreover the interface could get a little crowded at times making it less user friendly.Also The app is not developing compared to other applications

MH

Marcus H.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

VOIP & INT'L Texting Without Extra Hassle

My overall experience with Viber is the app is RELIABLE. I have had Skype and FaceTime fail me while abroad , but Viber has not. It's my go to international communication app.

Pros

Viber is extremely versatile in that it allows you to make free VOIP calls with HD sound quality. Furthermore, it allows you to text any number for free as long as they also have the Viber app. This is extremely useful when working with Clients abroad and you need quick feed back. Send a text, and it pops up just like a normal text on their cellular device. It also has a desktop client so that you can receive your communications without having to move from your workflow.

Cons

The developers do a great job at keeping the app up to date, but when that happens, certain notifications you have turned off are reset and you will begin receiving them again. For instance, I had the holiday notification turned off, a update happened, and I started receiving them again the following month. It can be a tiny bit annoying when you get a message notification and it's nothing important. Other than that, the app is great to use.

Supun S.

Computer Software, self-employed

Connect with loved ones through VIBER

Everyone who uses social media applications, definitely know about Viber. Most of them have used the application also. Viber is a great tool for communication. Viber became more popular with the introduction of sticker packs to text messaging. It makes more fun when messaging with friends using those stickers. This app is very useful for the people who have their parents, relatives or friends in abroad. We only need an internet connection to call them. Therefore calling over Viber is very cheap and simple. Viber team is frequently checks their application. Therefore bugs will not last for long time. Updates will be release quickly after fixing every minor bug. When considering all these factors, we can see that Viber is very valuable application to connect with loved ones.

Pros

Viber is popular social media application in these days. Most of the smartphone users use this application for their communication purposes. Viber comes with many attractive features. Viber can be used for video calling, voice calling and messaging. Clear voice and videos can be transferred through Viber if you have good network connection. Text messaging through Viber is more interesting because of the large amount of sticker packs available in Viber. I really enjoy this feature when messaging with my friends. Viber can be used in computers and tables also. Also it supports many popular operating systems such as android, iOS and windows.

Cons

I have not seen any considerable issues on Viber yet. I am using this application for three years. There were some bugs in older versions of Viber. But Viber team fixed those issues with updates. Rarely I experience the app is freezing while opening. The user interface of Viber is not much attractive when compared with other popular social media applications. We can send only a limited number of photos in one time. If we have a lot of photos to send, we have to send them in parts. This is a very annoying thing and a waste of time. Other than these small drawbacks, Viber is good application for communication.

MC

Mirza C.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Viber review (Everything that common user should know)

Viber in my case is mostly used in private and business occasions. Making business deals with other companies and people have been successfully done with this app, which is the main reason why I like it and use it in my daily working routine. Fast sharing of any documents, files and photos is very important to me and that is exactly what this app gives me and allows me to do. I highly recommend it to people who are dealing with any kind of business that requires communication with others!

Pros

So, let's begin, the best thing about Viber is that it is absolutely free to download and use. Free talking, chatting and video calling application! Who doesn't need one, right? It doesn't matter if you are Android, iOS, BlackBerry or Windows user only thing that you need to do is install the app and connect your phone number with Viber app. After that you should get SMS verification code and basically...

Cons

Personally for me the product could always use some updates and everything always can be improved and better, but with Viber their is not much that you can do, so this should be just enough for most of the users. The only thing that could be a little bit improved and better is costumer support which is sometimes not that active and has a slow response. Everything else just fine!

AH

Awnie H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

First to the market was Viber

In general, my experience with Vibe was good since I mostly used it for communication with friends and clients. I used it to communicate with my friends using its many emoticons. However, I usually have a stable internet connection so that is the only problem.

Pros

Viber is my favourite app because it has an extensive global network of contacts. Using Viber, I can communicate with people anywhere in the world and enable instant communication with others. Viber is the best app for texting, calling, and video chatting. Viber is a free app with better audio quality in regular calls. With Viber, we are able to integrate our phone address book, and each time we choose to call or send a text, the screen prompts us to choose Viber or our mobile carrier. You can share photos from your computer, take pictures, add text to your photos, as well as share pictures you take. With it we have access to a wide range of emoticons that make chats more interesting, and it also offers more security features.

Cons

We cannot block a call from an unwanted or unknown user since Viber does not offer the option of call blocking. A weak wireless or 5G signal reduces the quality of the sound. In the absence of a WiFi connection, Viber cannot be used and calling only those who are Viber users is not possible; landline numbers cannot be called. After registering, it tells you with whom you can communicate. Compared with other calling software, video calling isn't as good. Our phone automatically downloads and saves the images and files we receive. Many ads are shown to us.

Viber Review

Pros

The advantage with Viber is the ability to call and text anyone all over the world at no cost. That's a plus to me, and It's very good to have such an ability in a time when COVID-19 is all over. Secondly, It works on 3G, this is a good advantage because even users still using 3G networks can use Viber and not be barred to only using 4G networks. Thirdly, the app merges with contacts on the phone to receive notifications or prompts on calls and texts from people. Last but not least, the app can be accessed on platforms such as IOS, Android and Windows. This makes it to be used on different machines, not only phones or tablets. The app is user-friendly, hence it's easy to use.

Cons

The app has a bug which is not good, it lacks the option for call blocking. We live in a world where people find amusement in pranking others and proceeds of online crimes, the option for call and text blocking should be available to ensure security for the valued customers. In as much using 3G is good for aspects of saving costs in terms of data, the 3rd generation network is really dated because...

MR

Muhammad Rabiul Islam S.

Import and Export, 501-1,000 employees

Very easy to use

It's essential to have apparatuses that in all actuality do work with you and not freeze on you or stuff like that, that I've encountered with other courier applications. The majority of my calls are made by means of Viber now days and I've even been in touch with specialists, educators of my youngsters and clients from everywhere the globe. I even eradicated the application at one time, when I purchased another telephone, and in the wake of downloading it and mentioning the back up history, I had everything on my new telephone.

Pros

It is advantageous, easy to understand, and functions admirably on most of gadgets. There are additionally no charges for calling or messaging, which is one of the principal justifications for why this application is so famous. It tends to be utilized all around the world and interfaces us to our loved ones in no time

Cons

There are no choices in Viber for hindering irregular calls, and accordingly, we need to acknowledge those obscure calls. To interface with your friends and family, you should have a Wi-Fi association, which is preposterous without a web. Another drawback is that we can call the individuals who have Viber introduced on their gadgets since it doesn't permit the client to associate with non-Viber clients

NT

Nazir T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

review of viber use and working together

Viber is generally well-regarded as a reliable messaging and calling app that prioritizes privacy and security. The app's main features include the ability to make voice and video calls, send text messages, share photos and videos, and create group chats with up to 250 participants. It also uses end-to-end encryption to secure all conversations which is a great feature. Additionally, Viber has a wide...

Pros

One of the things I like most about Viber is that it uses end-to-end encryption to secure all conversations, ensuring that only the parties involved in a conversation can read or listen to its contents. This feature is very important for people who want to keep their conversations private and secure.

Cons

One of the things I like least about Viber is that some users have reported issues with the app's stability, particularly on older devices or with weak internet connections. This can lead to problems such as dropped calls or messages not being delivered, which can be frustrating for users. Additionally, Some users also reported that the app can be slow to load, which can be an inconvenience.Another...

VK

Viktor K.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Easy Messaging and Calls

Viber allows users to send messages and make voice or video calls to other Viber users for free, using Wi-Fi or mobile data, a cost-effective way to communicate with friends and family and business associates. Viber implements end-to-end encryption for its messages, ensuring that conversations remain private and secure between the sender and receiver. Users have the flexibility to customize notification...

Pros

High prevalence of the application among business and private users in my region. You can conduct polls in group chats or individual conversations by manually asking questions and having participants respond with their answers. Allows you to hide certain conversations behind a PIN or password, which provides an extra layer of privacy to sensitive conversations. Synchronization on different devices.

Cons

The fact that when I try to make a call with a person who is not online, I still get a signal as if the person I am calling is ringing. It misleads me that the person will not answer my call.

Eugenio Y.

Computer Software, self-employed

Honest review about Viber (3 1/2 years of experience)

My entire experience with Vibe has been positive, since I mostly utilized it for our everyday conversations with clients and friends. It has a large number of emoticons, that I use in conversations with my friends. The only need is that I have a solid wifi connection, which I usually have. It is incredibly beneficial for both businesses and people since it has a wide variety of roles and is quite secure. It is, in my view, a wonderful application. I've been using it less recently because there are other, more popular programs. It is, without a doubt, a rising software.

Pros

Viber has several advantages, such as a number of functions to attract and maintain, real-time chats, calls, and video calls, communication cryptography, increased levels of confidentiality and protection, selections to personalize chats, a wide range of emojis and gifts, communities with an endless number of respondents, and a variety of group administrator options. Viber's standards are not restricted; they are extremely open.

Cons

We can't ban a call from an undesired or unknown user because Viber may not have an ad blocking feature. Poor Internet or 3G connection strength degrades sound quality. We cannot use Viber without the need for a Wi - fi connectivity, and we can only contact individuals who have registered on Viber; there is no option to dial landline numbers. Once you register, it instantly tells you of who has your phone number. Video conferencing is not as effective as other applications. The received data or photographs are instantly saved and kept in our phone's storage.