Viber Reviews - Page 2

VJ

Veronica J.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Viber into a Comprehensive Communication Powerhouse

My overall experience with Viber has been predominantly positive and gratifying. Throughout my tenure utilizing its diverse range of features, I've encountered minimal technical difficulties, and any encountered glitches were swiftly rectified thanks to the prompt and courteous support team. One of the primary factors contributing to my enthusiasm revolves around Viber's diligent pursuit of innovation, continually updating and refining its suite of offerings to meet burgeoning user demands. From secret chats to ephemeral stories, the platform adeptly balances familiar conventions with fresh twists, keeping conversations engaging and exciting.

Pros

I found Viber's vibrant community aspect incredibly appealing. Extensive collections of public chat rooms, thematic channels, and interest-based discussion boards offered ample opportunities for serendipitous discoveries and meaningful connections. Participating in these communal spaces felt welcoming and inclusive, fostering a sense of belonging amongst users. In conclusion, Viber's emphasis on privacy, versatile content handling, convenient secret chats, cross-platform availability, and strong community components converged harmoniously to produce a compelling and well-rounded communication solution.

Cons

Although Viber supports numerous regional languages, occasional inconsistencies in translations have surfaced, resulting in instances where phrases or idioms lose their intended meaning. Investing greater resources in rigorous linguistic verification will help preserve cultural nuances and prevent misunderstandings arising from imperfect translations.

Olabisi A.

Supermarkets, 11-50 employees

A crucial communication and marketing tools for both start ups and standard organization

Our organization have had a substantial growth with the use of Viber as our messaging app, it has saved us time and money getting information out to our team members and our community, it has brought us more closer to our customers and helped maintain and improved our product and services without incurring money on advertisement and gaining more customers.

Pros

Viber has offered us a seemless service in areas of communication through chatting, video calling and sharing documents and details to our teams, communities and partners and has helped us create a good relationship with everyone and knowing their demands has thereby helped our organization grow in a substantial way, it's ease of use and navigation, remote access and safe environment where communication security is assured.

Cons

Over the last year, Viber has maintained its integrity to give its customers the best of communication experience so far, every needed functions for communicating is embedded and nothing to dislike yet .

MA

Mohammad A.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Viber is your communication tool with the world.

Its great, we use it for communication (personal and business), it is doing a great job and you can always rely on it as a way of safe communication.

Pros

Very simple to use, support is great. It has proven that it does a lot of development and updates to viber and it worked very well at the time of the pandemic where no disconnection happened.

Cons

It requires more marketing. Not so many people uses it and we face an issue in people downloading it on their mobile phones.

Ryan K.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

This program becomes a fundamental part of my work.

This program becomes a fundamental part of my work, since it is the number one space where I can meet with my clients and co-workers and live a rewarding experience in each of the calls we make through this means, the technology offered by this program allows us to have a totally clear image and audio that are a plus for the interaction with all our clients, in order to achieve the objective of developing our businesses with the help of Viber, I have been operating with this program for a long time and I can say that I am more and more connected to my agenda because of the speed with which this program runs as well as how easy it is for me to use it.

Pros

This application is really useful, once you have Viber installed, the ease with which you can be in constant communication with each of your contacts is very cool and is implemented naturally with the way I work, this program provides me with a direct solution for share my ideas at every moment of the day with the help of a very intuitive interface that in each of its updates manages to achieve a better methodology with which I can manipulate it and that the quality with which the messages reach their destination is respected and calls that I make daily with the help of this program, as well as constantly improving the visual quality in each of the video calls for the safety and comfort of each of the users who operate with this application.

Cons

The unfortunate thing about this program is the little projection and presence in the market, there are very few people who know the possibilities and potential of this program, that is why it is difficult for us that other co-workers use this program to be coordinated and connected, as well as convene conferences with new clients who have never operated with this program, as well as we have noticed that it is not compatible with all the systems that we have tested within the company.

Cha Y.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Viber is a really cool tool

My work demands my attention with all my clients and co-workers and I need a tool that is constant and does not present me with any complications when applying it to my work, Viber is par excellence the number one application that has supported us for a long time and it is always a pleasure to run this program, since it is very easy for us to access all the functions that this application has, the quality with which we communicate is very good and it complies with all the innovations that are fashionable in the market, without leaving behind its main function, which is to keep in touch with each of the people at my work, I can always express my conferences in video calls anywhere in the world regardless of the time.

Pros

I really like this application because of how easy it is to implement it and achieve its mission of connecting with all our contacts immediately and without complications, every time I am using this program the calls and text messages are safe and reach their destination without any problems. external complication, Viber is a really great tool that you can get for free on the market for the enjoyment of its users, for me it is a pleasure to use this program because its interface is very comfortable and fully meets all the needs that I demand, the quality of the calls surprises us a lot and we are pleased that we can have a free program with this level of capacity and technology, it is always very pleasant to maintain a conversion through this medium.

Cons

This program has to have a good internet source to be able to run without any inconvenience, we have tried to enter the links, but it can be a bit complicated and due to the infrequency of the internet it loses its quality that becomes a somewhat tedious experience , it is not as versatile as it seems, there is no integration of other applications and the fact that it is not well known complicates the citations of works by this means a bit.

sR

sameer R.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Review about Viber

“Viber is very easy to use, adding contacts to send instant messages or organize meetings through calls. The audio is pretty good and the use Viber to communicate with my family abroad, we send voice messages, we send pictures and videos all the time. It used to be annoying to be in the middle of a voicemail and lose it entirely due to an interruption like an incoming call or accidental dialing BUT this has recently been fixed so the message is still there waiting to be sent to become. This is an improvement that makes me very happy. However, we still experience “getting lost” on voice calls. design is visually fabulous

Pros

Easy to use, I've been using it since the launch in 2010 and the later versions and very cool we can edit the messages sent make calls and video calls, create brainstorming groups in software projects, excellent for sales funnel with customers we can customize walper for each conversation and send and receive files etc.

Cons

the bugs that happen in the calls, it ends the video call when receiving some call, it is great for other purposes and can be used in the company or in the family with end-to-end encryption.

Devyani S.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

Best alternative for any messaging app like WhatsApp for business as well as people

Entirely, viber is great alternative for telegram and WhatsApp for businesses and to connect friends as well. Lots of different types of emoji sets makes it very communication friendly app. I have been benefitted much from this app in my business and client communication and client felt it much professional way to communicate than whatsapp.

Pros

I have been using this app for 2 years and I can be able to communicate with client professionally as this tool consist of proper communication features available for desktop app. I have been using it like a conference room where I can connect through video call to my team and discuss big projects on single platform seamlessly.

Cons

It lags speed while calling on iPhone very badly and even on desktop app sometimes internet get disconnected while video calling. Even sometimes I cannot be able to switch calls in same room.

Ani S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Is Viber good for Business Communication?

Overall, I am satisified with Viber. No need to spend money sending messages or calling clients/partners residing abroad. International calls are rather costy, Viber solves this problem.

Pros

Viber is rather user-friendly, does not require frequent updates and expenses. Provides effective internal and external communication. File sending function is of great importance, you can share different formatted files, including PDFs, word documents, high definition JPGs which is helpful for a fast file sharing. Emojis are cool in the written communication where you do not hear the voice and tone of the speaker, they express the emotions easily. You do not necessarily have to use the app on your cell phone, you can install it on your PC or laptop as well.

Cons

The quality of video connection during the video calls is not the best. Definitely, it has a need to improve. When you are in a video call and get another notification on your phone, the video will disconnect causing a lot of inconvenience. When you send a photo and decide to delete it from your device, the recipient will no longer have access to it as well.

AH

Anas H.

Computer Networking, self-employed

A particularly good messaging and phone calling app, but it lacks some features

Honestly, Viber is an incredibly good app, I use it almost every day to contact some of my friends who use it, but what I have benefited the most from Viber is 'Viber Out'. This service has not been found similar on any other site for the same price. Of course, it is a little expensive, but Viber is better than other sites that provide the same service, whether in the price of the service or the quality of the calls.

Pros

- Easy and good-looking app interface because of the presence of some attractive colors in the application and simple animation that gives the application a relaxing view. - The application is fast and highly responsive to the user. I think it is well designed and programmed because it is a light app, and it responds smoothly to the user. - 'Viber out' feature, and the ability to give the user a private...

Cons

- The prices of the 'Viber out' service are not uniform in all countries of the world, for example, to make a phone call in Egypt is much more expensive than making a phone call in the United States. - Emojis, I think they need to be improved and modified, I did not like their appearance very much, unlike other applications such as WhatsApp and Telegram. - Customer service is late in responding to support complaints. I sent them an e-mail, and they answered me two days later, which for me is a lot of time to respond to a complaint.

pd

pawan d.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

My go-to app for communicating with everyone

Viber is a secure and simple mobile messaging service that gives you the ability to communicate in real-time with other Viber users around the world. It also enables you to connect with your contacts through group conversations, voice messages, and video calls, while the Viber Out call feature allows you to reach people who don't have the app installed on their smartphones.

Pros

Viber allows its users to contact other users who have the same software throughout the world at no cost. Viber also offers a feature that WhatsApp, LINE and WeChat lack: it can reach out to landlines and mobile phones by paying a fee. Lastly, I would like to state that the service offers more features than other messaging apps, such as WhatsApp. You may opt for group conversations, Communities or Broadcast Lists.

Cons

In Viber, it is impossible to block unknown callers. When the Internet connection degrades, the quality of calls made via Viber suffers greatly.

sk

shikhar k.

Hospitality, self-employed

Viber a secure community

Viber has always been a great medium for communication for me and all the users i have known. we have our privacy and feel secure to use our personal aspects. its fast and dont need high network connection. We can find maximum of my friends, family, educational group and health care services personnel which has been very beneficial for me as per i have to take sessions with my psychotherapist. it has really help me in easy way on the period of lockdown too i could get my sessions via Viber which was good then Zoom and anyother applications. i personally love this product even i have been banned to use for now.

Pros

Viber allows you to express yourself through core features such as text messages, stickers, photos, videos and doodles, games, group chats and locations. The app also makes free HD-quality phone and video calls. ... We're not a “one and done” platform where you send a message and the experience ends. we can use viber for business too for creating a business group. educational groups also can be made so all students of a class can be in same place where teachers can relay their messages at once and share important materials for the studies like pdf etc. its now has been not only for social communication but also a great place where we can conduct our different meetings and groups for business, health care, therapies and educational sectors.

Cons

Everthing so far is good. But i had a issue of getting banned from using my Viber account as my number was claimed as spam as for viber notification which was not really true. My account got deactivated and i could not activate till now. I tried different customer service methods but i haven't got any solutions yet and i personally feel customer service is quite weak as per my problem showed. Serious consideration should be show in this issue so users who have been in this problem without their 0 fault could feel good to be back to Viber.

GR

Gabriella R.

Design, self-employed

Messaging & calling never been so easy - and free!

It's an excellent tool for communicating, sharing information, and holding meetings. Given that it is free, giving it a try will undoubtedly save you time. Overall, my experience has been quite excellent. Viber is a fantastic communicator with a lot of cool features. It gives me the ability to form groups through which I may speak with my coworkers and friends. Viber's emojis are also extremely nice.

Pros

If my family oversea has Viber, I can communicate with them for free. As most people are aware, international calling and messaging may be highly costly; however, Viber is free if both parties have the same product. Viber includes a feature that many other messengers lack: the ability to contact landlines and mobile phones for a price. This is a wonderful option to have if you want to utilize it. Last but not least, I'd like to point out that Vibe offers more features than most other messaging apps, such as WhatsApp. Group conversations, Communities, and Broadcast lists are just a few of the options available. So, certainly, they have a broader set of functions and capabilities.

Cons

You can't block calls from unknown numbers, which I believe is a crucial feature. When there is a terrible WiFi or mobile data signal, I despise it since the quality of vibers degrades and becomes sluggish.

Stasha K.

E-Learning, self-employed

After Skype, this was good but now it's the same unstable service

It can be a good chit-chat option if you want to communicate with someone, especially if that person is not in the same country as you are. It's cost-free. Not for crucially sharing information.

Pros

I am using it as a free line for private meetings and video chats. Most of the time I use only chat (typing) for fast connection with family. The messenger is good and has all the possibilities to express yourself. I like the option when I use default emoji to be promoted to use proper stickers instead (for free). Stickers base is constantly upgraded and there is something for everybody's taste for creative and fast chat messages.

Cons

Suddenly, without obvious reason, the app stops to inform me about received messages and give me missed call notifications instead of a ring. The application is unreliable for the mentioned reason because it is easy to miss an important message or call.

Medical Devices, 201-500 employees

Viber

Its the essential communication app for business, school or even home.

Pros

Nice user interface, easy to use for communication, you can easily create groups to share file, communicate and interact. can be use for both business and personal.it also have Notes used for reminding your self of the task or event. You have an option to add all of your contact on your phone to your viber.

Cons

Its not universally used. Meaning in other countries preferred other communication app than to use viber. it lacks the social media platform to make it more interacting. no one connects their social media account with their viber account so that they have other option to communicate. posting your viber account in social media means you are showing your personal number to others.

Aviation & Aerospace, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 2+ years

Viber- an excellent competitor among other communication platforms

I am using it to interact with my family members and my friends, besides this, it makes my job easier. I am on a single click now for my office work. I can guide my colleagues with their office issues by using this platform. Texting the solution, voice messages, and video guidelines, everything is being done through Viber. It's an awesome tool to feel better during communication. Bravo.

Pros

I have used some other communications means and finally chose Viber for interacting with my family members and social circle. I did not feel frustrated when I call my friends and family members because of clear audio. It's very cheap source of communication for me to interact my relatives living in different countries. When I was using other platform to communicate with them, we were not comfortable...

Cons

Once my friend complained to me during a conversation that I am not clear to him when I checked my internet connection there was an internet signal interruption which was not Viber's problem. Up to this moment, I did not find anything bad regarding Viber. it's all OK.

SS

SANDEEP S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Easy chatting through viber

Overall Viber is really a good platform for chatting in an easy way. Although it has some limitation it's really ease of use . Viber is one of the best application for chatting as far as I m concerned . I am really happy to use Viber for making connection with my friend family and doing official work.

Pros

Viber is an useful application for all generation people. It creates connection between friend,family and people. Viber has the features of sharing files, videos and photos besides other messenging and call . It helps for sharing ideas and for better communication. As sharing photos through viber does not degrade the quality people consider Viber as sharing app. For the students, officials, friends and family it is useful to communicate with large number of people creating groups. Viber helps for maintaing strong bonds. The sticker and emojis helps for expressing feelings. Viber has lots of features to help people for better communication. It can be easily operated through mobile number.

Cons

Though Viber has various advantages it also has some cons. The limitation for sharing files. Sometimes it is difficult to open upgraded Viber in some mobile. Once the Viber is reinstall gaining old data's is a problem. Though we can share files there is limitation for the size of the data that we share. Viber needs good quality internet for proper operation of its features. Sometimes unknown people can contact through viber simply having information of the phone number. Viber is upgraded from from old version and hope it can overcome its present limitations and develop further.

Lourdes Bernadette D.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

The best messaging App I had ever used

I had used Viber since 2013, and I have seen all the themes, upgrades and changing of viber. It has been my best voice and chat app I used for my friends, clients, and family. It’s is very easy and friendly user. There are changes that I did not like but overall I can still say that it’s been the best app I can recommend to anyone. It’s a very convenient to use Viber out where you can call outside of your country to call cellphone number all over the world, and it’s so cheap comparing to skype or other messaging app.

Pros

The thing I love with Viber is that almost everyone I know is been using this, from the year 2013, until now, we have been using this for our groups, from work, family and friends. I had been loving their new feature where you can create your own sticker, and it can also be available for public use. This app has been most secured app for messaging that I had used, I can compare this to other app I had used, and this is the only app that I downloaded for my computer. I can attest that I’ve used this app for communication for the past year and it’s the most reliable messenger ever. I loved the feature where I can also verify the person in my contacts using this app, and also it made it so easy for the user to change phone number without deleting the old file from your old account.

Cons

I think Viber had deleted their feature where you can download the files from the app and you can send it to your email. The way I can save the file to my email, and it will come to a excel format. It was very convenient before, but now I cannot see that this feature is still available for viber. And another thing I don’t like about Viber is when we use conference call, we cannot see all videos of the participant, unlike Zoom or Facebook. But nevertheless, I been liking the quality of Viber since the year I been using it.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Viber review

It is good, it is easy to use and provides fast and reliable audio\video\messaging service for anyone.

Pros

It provides easy, fast and free way for people all around the world to get in touch, either via messages or call ( audio\video ). Also it is nice to have all sorts of stickers, via which people can spice their chats a bit, therefore making the overall experience even better.

Cons

Sometimes audio quality is really bad during the call, especially when people are calling from different local internet providers ( while internet quality is actually really good at the same time ). Also when people are switching from one phone number to another, sometimes old setup stays with the previous number, which gets sold after some time, so when next users gets accidentally that number, he...

Cosmetics, self-employed

Use of viber

Pros

This is a great app and i use it for quite long time. This app allows me to video chat and the voice quality of calls are very clear. i mostly use this app for group chats. I have lots of group chats related to cosmetic side. In those groups there are many people who are interested in cosmetics as me. So i can easily get my products from them while selling them on those groups too. And i like the huge...

Cons

There a some features i don't like in this app too. Onebof them is the adds appear after every video calls. This is irritating me most of the times. And another thing is the limitations of sending photos. The number of photos we can send at once should be increased. Because people like me have lots of pictures to share and can't send them ten times. And it is also better if i can turn off the auto download mode. Otherwise my gallery will be filled with photos i don't want. At last sometimes i didn't get notifications from this app. That way i don't know i have messages until i open the chats. So i am not able to reply fast and it losses my customers interest in me. So i should reply as fast as possible. These are the things i think shold be improved in this app.

MM

Malith Madhawa I.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Crystal Clear Sound and Video

Well, I daily use Viber to contact my staff instantly. It is economical for a business owner like me to set up a proper communication system through Viber. The important thing is it is not only the phone, but I use it on the desktop and laptop computers as well. In addition, I often do video meetings and conference calls with my staff through Viber. It is easier to handle and manage than conventional projectors and meeting tables. It saves me and my staff travelling time and cost. At last but not least, most of the time, I use Viber to transfer documents and photographs instantly. It is far better than logging into my e-mail account, feeding the password, letting the browser load etc.

Pros

The quality of the sound of the call is amazing. It is perfectly clear and I do not have to beg the caller to repeat what he said again unlike other similar applications. Additionally, it automatically adjust the background noise level (I think, I am not an expert) to crystalize the voice of the caller. It is a really a useful point when you travel around while speaking through Viber. Then again,...

Cons

Well, the only problem I faced with Viber was that it was not working when I was in Oman. This was mainly because the countries telecommunication authority had blocked Viber according to country's law and to encourage people to use paid telecommunication methods rather than free apps like Viber. Anyway, Viber has nothing to do with it.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reasonable VOIP

This is a great service. However there are marketing objectives behind all these free services such as collecting data of users covertly either for commercial purposes or for analyzing security threats by government agencies. Therefore a user need to take precautions while using these services. However the opportunity afforded by these services has enabled families and friends get connected where ever they are as long as wifi or 3G is available, particularly with the video calling feature. Families wouldn’t feel the absence of their loved ones from home due to video calling and businesses too has taken this opportunity to converse with associates in a live scenario.

Pros

when I started to use viber way back in 2012, I believe viber was one of the first VOIP services available for the masses. The app can be dowloaded in a 3G and above phone with either 3G or wifi connectivity. Additionally viber has released the desktop version too with improved features. With viber one can get connected with others who have installed viber as voice or video calls and obviously texting...

Cons

if all calls communications can be encrypted by default, this system would become more secure. Call blocking facility is unavailable.

GP

Gergana P.

Translation and Localization, 1-10 employees

Viber is great until you actually need something

Viber has been a significant communication channel for my part-time job for the past 4 years. It has never failed me or my colleagues or manager. It has all the basic functionalities we need. What I would like to see is a bit more appreciation of our personal space and thus more and easier ways to keep it all clean from unwanted communication.

Pros

There are three main things I like about Viber. First, it works smoothly. It has never lagged, even when I have been using a dated device. Conversations and images all load in a speedy manner. This makes me feel I am not wasting any time. The second thing I like are the personalization features. I like picking different backgrounds for different conversations because this helps me to differentiate...

Cons

I am absolutely frustrated by how difficult it is to find particular features. Even if you try to Google the issue, there is often no info on the subject. Here, I am talking about basic features, such as taking people off group chats or deleting a conversation. It takes forever to browse for such a simple action, which is a waste of time I simply cannot justify. The other thing I do not appreciate...

wo

weiss o.

Real Estate, self-employed

Very simple Viber review.

I have been using Viber for over five years now and I prefer over other similar apps. The quality of the call is superior and so is the video feature. I am able to speak to my business partners at a moments notice. There is not need for invitations to the meeting. We do not need to rely on internet hot spots if we are out of the office.

Pros

I love that I am able to speak with others all over the world. My business involves speaking to business partners all over the world. Viber allows me to call them directly from my cell phone without incurring extra costs for my business. The video options are a major plus for me as I get to show my father who lives on the other side of the world my 3 year old. He gets to see him daily, speak to him and he gets to see him laterally grow up.

Cons

The video option could improve as we get a failed signal every once in awhile. The calls tend to drop but that rarely happens.

Shahila A.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

My viber review

Viber has it own pros and contra which still make the software usable for communication purpose. It can be use for calling a landline number and overseas number, but it will cost some money to use it. For 3 years of experience with this software, i really happy with the service.

Pros

Viber is the best for a video call as their video call quality is very good and the audio is very clear. To socially connecting with my team, family and friend is the most important for me and Viber is very good with it. It has many sticker and emojis that i can choose and sent, which will make the conversation more casual.

Cons

Viber public group is too chaotic as members keep on spamming emojis and unrelated information that defy the group objective. There are no system to filtering the spam, especially if the group admin is not active to control the situation. It really give me a negative experience with the public group and never going to join any no more.

MI

Md I.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Viber is the unique free community Software in the Market.

To me Viber is the best Platform for messaging, photo sharing & making international calls , where I can interact with my customers, friends & colleagues easily.

Pros

I use this, because it has end-to-end encryption, So that I can keep my security safe and I think this is the best app for security. Moreover, such a large type of internet is not required. We can talk to the family in a beautiful way because the audio and video quality is very good. Especially when I am talking internationally by spending 0 money, it is very helpful. The best feature about Viber its chatting is very responsive and reliable. To make conversation more friendly & casual it has many sticker & emojis

Cons

I find Viber auto media file save function a little inconvenient. the limited amount of photos which can upload in once is so frustrating to me. Sometimes I want to send lot of photos to my client so at that time I have to upload twice those photos .There is no system of filtering in the spam. Your personal number is open to others when you share your Viber account in social media platform