Viber Reviews - Page 3

4,010 reviews

LM

Lougene M.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Best way to communicate within your organization!

I am still using Viber, both personal and professional. I can definitely reach those people I need access to with Viber. I also recommend this app to those who are looking for a secure, user-friendly, and free messaging app.

Pros

I like the fact that Viber is free so anyone with an Android or iOS device can download it. I have been to companies that utilize this app so I trust that Viber can handle the major messaging functionalities I am always looking for. I can also install Viber in desktop so syncing messages from my phone to my laptop is so seamless. I definitely recommend Viber to be a messaging/communication app in your corporation.

Cons

Viber frequently releases its update to expect that it will prompt you for an app update, both in phone and in desktop. However, you can still use it as-is even if there are update requests -- it is just kind of annoying to see those information popup from time to time.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Complete Communication Solutions

My overall experience with Vibe has been pretty good, as I mostly use it for communicating with clients and colleagues. Although it requires a stable internet connection, I have wifi most of the time I work. It would be even more perfect if an anti-harassment or advertising feature was added.

Pros

Viber is very open and its biggest advantage is the standalone PC application. Ability to receive phone or video calls on PC or phone. Viber enables live chat, calls and video calls, encryption of communications, higher levels of confidentiality and protection, options for personalized chat, a wide range of emojis and gifts. It's easy to use. Free overseas calls. You can also buy credits to call users without Viber. Viber allows to quickly message colleagues. The recipient will receive the message in an instant, with no delay. It can also be used for video calls or meetings, which is useful when working from home (WFH).

Cons

We cannot block calls from unwanted or unknown users, as Viber may not offer call blocking options and no ad blocking capabilities. A weaker wireless or 5G signal can degrade sound quality. Received data or photos are immediately saved and saved in the storage space of our phone. If you uninstall Viber and try to reinstall it again, all your messages and history will disappear. Viber's automatic media file saving feature is a little inconvenient. The number of photos that can be uploaded at one time is limited. There is no filtering system in spam. When you share your Viber account on social media platforms, your personal number is made available to others.

Tolu A.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Just Another Messaging App

I joined Viber as an alternative to WhatsApp but I still find myself going back to WhatsApp simply because it is not widely accepted hence limiting its usage. I like that you can make free video calls on the platform and do video conferencing with other users. Viber is quite very heavy and can easily take up a lot of space on your phone if you do not monitor your gallery. As with any other messaging app, it is great for easy chat communications, the stickers can make it a whole lot more fun.

Pros

Excellent free video calls with people on the viber platform Great for instant chat messages, also supports group chats Share any type of file you have with friends, colleagues or family Lots of emojis and stickers Works fine on pc Simple and fast registration with just your phone number and also very easy to use. You don't need any long tutorials to understand how to go about using the viper app whether on mobile or pc.

Cons

Not a popular platform in my country. So its always hard to get people to join Quite heavy to install when compared to WhatsApp

Nabin P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best instant messaging, voice and video call service

Pros

Viber is really fast, smooth, clean and elegant communication tool for business and individuals. It has an easy to use interface, beautiful sets of emojis, all your contacts list, smart birthday messaging and Viber out call service. With all these rich features, Viber has been the most effective communication tool for our business. Experience the seamless communication with Viber.

Cons

Viber is coming really great all these years. I expect some AI features in Viber in coming years.

Uros M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Viber is...Eh, Viber is cool, not much more.

The software that was installed as a secondary one quickly became the primary one, but today I use it alongside several other communication software. With its fancy interface it certainly stands out from the crowd, and the dominance in innovation is clearly highlighted, so today I use Viber primarily to communicate with business friends and colleagues

Pros

First of all, talk about software such as this one should not be wasted. Certainly one of the most well-known communication software. From the distinctive bell to the famous purple design, this software dominates the market today. Of course, the advantage of using it is that Viber tends to be the first in everything. Starting with group chat, secret chats, plenty of emojis and gifs over security in encrypted messages

Cons

I will admit, quite a lot. First of all, from its first appearance to the present, Viber has literally been wasting the resources of the device it is installed on. For some strange reason, although I believe it has been optimized, the phone, no matter how valuable it is in front of this software, becomes weak.

SS

Sotir S.

Computer Software, self-employed

Is Viber a great app ?

Overall Viber is a great way to connect with anyone from all over the world. You can text, call, video chat, and when someone sends pictures and videos you don't even have to open the chat, they automatically save them to your device. This is really cool! Also, the best thing about Viber is that it's absolutely free. If you need a way to connect with your friends, family, colleagues, Viber definitely won't disappoint you.

Pros

The most important feature on Viber for me is the Group Management feature. It is very easy to connect and engage in a discussion with the people that you want. The Group Management system is spot on. You can easily navigate through all the sent information that Viber filters in sections: Files, Links, Gifs, and Media. Let's say you find a picture in the Media section, and you want to see what comments have been made for that specific picture, you'll think that you have to scroll until you find the necessary part of the chat, but NOO! You simply click on the picture and choose the option "Show in conversation", and it takes you to that part of the chat when the picture was sent. I simply love this option, as it has saved me tons of my time.

Cons

I think the Viber App can drastically improve its performance and speed for PCs. When I open Viber on my PC it takes quite some time to refresh all the new conversations. I even have to open that specific chat that I want in order for it to refresh after a while. This is very time-consuming and my opinion is that Viber should solve this problem.

Eugenio Y.

Computer Software, self-employed

Honest review about Viber (3 1/2 years of experience)

My entire experience with Vibe has been positive, since I mostly utilized it for our everyday conversations with clients and friends. It has a large number of emoticons, that I use in conversations with my friends. The only need is that I have a solid wifi connection, which I usually have. It is incredibly beneficial for both businesses and people since it has a wide variety of roles and is quite secure. It is, in my view, a wonderful application. I've been using it less recently because there are other, more popular programs. It is, without a doubt, a rising software.

Pros

Viber has several advantages, such as a number of functions to attract and maintain, real-time chats, calls, and video calls, communication cryptography, increased levels of confidentiality and protection, selections to personalize chats, a wide range of emojis and gifts, communities with an endless number of respondents, and a variety of group administrator options. Viber's standards are not restricted; they are extremely open.

Cons

We can't ban a call from an undesired or unknown user because Viber may not have an ad blocking feature. Poor Internet or 3G connection strength degrades sound quality. We cannot use Viber without the need for a Wi - fi connectivity, and we can only contact individuals who have registered on Viber; there is no option to dial landline numbers. Once you register, it instantly tells you of who has your phone number. Video conferencing is not as effective as other applications. The received data or photographs are instantly saved and kept in our phone's storage.

Adji Maloum M.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Deep' Network

C'est le premier logiciel gratuit que j'ai eu a utiliser et jusu'ici je continue à le faire car c'est simple et ces fonctionnalités sont traditionnelles.

Pros

La fluidité dans les appels, pas de saturation et simple et instantané. Il suffit de s'inscrire et on à le monde connecté à nous. Aussi c'est le premier logiciel a proposer les fonctionnalités qui se trouve chez les autres réseaux.

Cons

Connu mais peu utiliser et ce la rend moins attractive.

Showing original review in French. See translation

JL

Joe L.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Viber has made life simpler to stay in contact with all my friends and family. Simply AWESOME!

Viber is one of most renowned programming in today. The best thing about Viber is it has extremely high security to our messages as well as having start to finish encryption capacity. Additionally, it has brilliant group call office facilities as well. More individuals can join to group call when comparing and contrasting with other applications. Likewise Viber has magnificent sticker packs to brighten our talks and chats.

Pros

Viber is one of only a handful of exceptional informing applications that I utilize day by day. The plan and the appearance, the shading mix is simply cool, the highlights are as well. What I love about Viber are the charming stickers and the emojis that you don't get in other informing applications. This make the discussion seriously intriguing. One thing that I don't find in other applications I...

Cons

I wish Viber has the choice to transfer situations with other online media stages and platforms. Simply an idea. Aside from that, there's nothing that I had problems with about Viber. Viber sure has a lot more than most if not all other informing applications.

Textiles, self-employed

Make some Ads to the app

In my experience I found Viber to be a trustworthy messaging app. The fact that it offers messaging, voice and video calls is fantastic. Additionally I liked the variety of stickers and emojis they provide which made it easy for me to express myself.

Pros

What I really enjoyed about Viber was the option to send messages for free and the excellent quality of voice and video calls

Cons

One thing that bothered me about Viber was the delay during video calls and the need, for a premium subscription to access some features. Moreover the interface could get a little crowded at times making it less user friendly.Also The app is not developing compared to other applications

GP

Gayathri P.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 employees

Attractive interface for coommunication

I use viber daily for communicating with friend and family. I am also part of public viber groups because I find them interesting.

Pros

I find Viber interface very attractive and user friendly.It can be used for instant messaging ,audio calls as well as video calls.It has an interesting set of stickers for instant messaging.It also allows you to make private group chats.In group chat one can like someone's reply.This also gives access to public groups of your interest.Any kind of document such as pdfs also can be send and received.For...

Cons

Anyone with your number having the Viber can access you through Viber.One should definitely have a wifi connection or 3G connection to use this software.It has low quality with weak internet connection.Both you and the person you want to communicate should have the app for Viber communication.If you change your number you have to re-register with Viber.

chamika g.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Pros and Cons of Viber

I have used Viber for about more than 1 years. The interface and the stickers kept me using the app. But the app is somewhat slower than other chatting apps. So I switched to another social media.

Pros

Viber is a very popular social media that provides many facilities. We can share many digital things via Viber such as images, video audio, location and other digital documents. There are attractive stickers and emojis. When we are sending images, we can add captions to it, and we can edit the photo. The call quality is clearer compare to normal voice calls. When we receive a message, we can reply to it even not opening the app. (There is a full screen notification when we receive a message. As we can we groups, we can use them for various stuffs, such as education, entertainment etc. There is a user-friendly UI. personally, I love purple color.

Cons

As the app proves so many features, It becomes little bit complex and slower. It consumes a huge amount of data compared to the service supplied. It does not have any option for call blocking. No internet, No connection.

ma

mala a.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Instant messaging made easy

My overall experience with Viber was very pleasant and satisfying due to the fact that I can make calls abroad to family and clients for free. Viber is easy to use and understand; the interface is simple and user friendly.

Pros

Viber is a fast, simple and easy method for instant messaging and for video and voice calling. Allows you to connect with friends, family and clients with ease via both audio and video calling options and the best part is it is free even for calling abroad. The feature that allows you to create different groups is also beneficial because you can communicate with several individuals all at once e.g....

Cons

The biggest disadvantage of Viber for me is the fact that there is a limit to the size of a file and length of video that can be shared in a Viber chat. Also due to the fact that Viber communications are made over the internet there are distortion with the audio and video during calls based on the internet connection available to you.

Anvyl F.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Viber - simple and easy communication tool

Overall, Viber has provided a very good service, regardless if it is a private chat or a business group and discussion. The ease of use and the straight - forward interface are the best things about it. I would gladly recommend it to everyone, as it does the job that it is intended for perfectly.

Pros

Viber is a great tool to have and use when it comes to personal or business communication. It allows you to reach people fast, share information, files, images etc. and it is reliable. It can be used for business communication as well, since it offers group management and control over your discussions.

Cons

The fact about Viber that is the least likeable is that it is not commonly used. Some other communication apps are much more popular and Viber is not supported everywhere so this might cause additional issues. There is a thing with the newest update that also causes messages to come through late, as the push option is not the most reliable out there.

BO

Barbara O.

Executive Office, 1-10 employees

Internationally recognized platform

Very pleasant, I use it predominantly for both business and personal

Pros

I love that it is used internationally and the connection quality is always top notch. I can fully customize my app

Cons

I dislike that it is not compatible with apple and Samsung watches you receive notifications but are unable to respond as you would with other platforms

SM

Sarah M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I like the emojis of Viber, they are so cute.

Viber is good for expressing the moods and the emotions while chatiing with other people especially with your close friends since emoji sets are so informal and cute however Viber is not good for voice and video calls.

Pros

Viber's emoji set is definitely the most original and funny emojis set among all chat applications. I like to express my extreme feelings to the peson I am talking with great looking emojis of Viber. Also stickers are very attractive and there are a lot of sticker options that reflects my different moods.

Cons

I am not happy with the video call and voice quality of Viber. Although it is really extremely good for texting when it comes to calls Viber is not the best option. Also it drains my battery so fast during the video calls, I need to look for plug every time when I start a video call which makes my life really harder.

Supun M.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Viber for free calls and messages!

I am a purple lover. So, only by looking at the interface of viber it captivates me. I have the viber version 11. 2. 0. I usually use this to communicate with my family members who lives Italy, Dubai, America and Australia. Because any time any where we can connect through voice or vedio call. Not only me but also my cousins are prefer to connect with viber. With the quality of the voice I feel they are always near to me.

Pros

Very firstly viber has the most attractive interface with the most attractive background wall papers than the other similar apps. It provides vedio or voice calls and massages for free from anywhere in the world to another viber user in anywhere. Viber has the most attractive and colorful sticker packs I have ever seen. Specially it facilitates to edit a send messages. By using viber we can make our...

Cons

The one and only problem I have experienced with the viber is limitation of sending photos. It allows only 10 photos to send at once. So, it is better if that limitation can be increased.

JV

Jaime Valeriano R.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

A Review about Viber on a Perspective of a University Education Student

Overall, I am able to use Viber the way I want to. It is helpful whenever I have to chat with my classmates for a group project or whenever collaboration is needed. I do not experience any struggles or circumstances when it comes to connecting with them, either through text chat, voice call, or video chat.My favorite part also in Viber is that whenever I send pictures to my friends or classmates, the application can still maintain the quality of the photos.Nevertheless, I enjoyed Viber even though there are not that many options when it comes to personalization.

Pros

What I like most about Viber is that it's easy to create a group or community as long as the people are already in the contacts of the user who wants to add them. There are times when there are many groups and it is confusing to find important things, but using the search button will make it easier.Chatting or messaging is also easy in Viber as long as the user has a data connection signal or Wi-Fi. It can be used on a mobile phone, a tablet, a laptop, or a personal computer.

Cons

What I like the least about Viber is the lack of options to customize the appearance of the application. There are only 3 themes, which are classic, dark blue, and black. There are only 3 options, but the last two are helpful if the users are not comfortable looking at a too-bright screen. Also, the backgrounds are only a few, and there is no option for the users to upload their own pictures to use as backgrounds.

Emon A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

" Viber - A popular messaging software. "

Viber is safe and secure. Best option for international calls. I am a big fan of their unique colorful emojis.

Pros

Viber has super easy user interface. You can use viber both in your PC and mobile devices. Viber users can communicate each other through messaging or audio/video calling. Viber emojis and stikers are too awesome . It makes my chat experience more enjoyable and colorful. Viber user can easily join large group or community and share each others fellings, midea, files. Viber provides My note features, it is so useful. Here you can save your important notes, to do work list, important chats and you can set a reminder for any notes.

Cons

There are some issues with video calling and voice quality. It's a online application, so you must have net connection for using viber. in come country viber is not so popular and another drawback is mobile and landline call rate packs are little expensive.

SS

Sandeep S.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Viber for caring and sharing

Viber is my friend for many years and it has helped me in different ways. So viber is still installed in my mobile. I suggest everyone to use viber. Viber has added lots of features during this 7 years and I hope it will develop more friendly features in coming days.

Pros

Viber is a friendly application with lots of useful features. Viber helps for sharing and caring. Viber allows to share photos, videos and files. The quality of videos and photos degrade in less in comparison to other application on my mobile. Viber helps for communication with family, friends , teachers and so on. It helps for official and unofficial interaction. The voice call and video call facility are used in daily basis for various actions. Emoji, gifts helps for sharing emotions and short message. Viber has been useful for me in my different roles like as a friend, students, family member and so on.

Cons

Viber has various features but as a user I would ask for more and more . Especially limitations on sending files must be increase to more capacity. I have used viber for more than 5 years and major problem faced by me is backup. It is difficult to get to old information when we reinstall viber. The backup facility must be develop with advanced features. The person having information of mobile number can call on viber. Nowadays viber has been used for more advertisement by the companies which is annoying at some point.

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Very popular messaging system in South-East Europe

Communication with people from South-East Europe is easily solved with this app.

Pros

It is convenient, very intuitive and simple Over the Top Cross Platform Application. You can install it on several devices and they can work simultaneously. In new era of different messaging systems, this one is particularly interesting in South-East Europe region where almost everyone is using it. So, if you want to communicate with people in that area, this is the right app. Moreover, end to end encryption with auto destroy function make it really interesting for secret chats.

Cons

This app does not have web interface. In comparison with other messengers, it would be great if there would be a web messaging interface. Application is not really lightweight, too, and on older phones it does work slow and bulky.

DE

Dunga Edmond N.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Complete Communication Solution

The one negative I see with Viber, and it is a significant one in my opinion, is that it is not as commonly recognized and used as other messaging apps.

Pros

My experience with Viber has been fantastic in every aspect; it has never let me down, as long as I have a strong internet connection. Because it has a huge variety of functions and is quite secure, it is very beneficial for both businesses and individuals. It is, in my opinion, a fantastic application. Because there are other, more popular programs, I haven't used it in a while. It is undeniably a high-quality application

Cons

Viber is one of the best for texting, calling, and video calling, and it allows us to contact with people all over the world in real time. It's a free program that improves the sound quality of conventional phone calls. Viber connects our phone address book, and whenever we want to call or text, the display encourages us to use Viber or our mobile provider. It offers the ability to share photos from the computer, as well as the ability to take photos and add text to photos at the same time. It has a large number of emojis, which makes our chats more entertaining, as well as more security options.

CJ

Caleb J.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Viber - One of the best FREE calling and messaging app

I have over 2 years experience using the software and totally love it to the max. Who said that free apps can't be this exciting and pleasing to the touch. I am super pleased with the overall user experience, design, features and functionality.

Pros

Viber is one of the best and FREE cross-platform voIP and IM software on the market and is highly favorable by many. you get a ton load of features packed into the little app which makes a huge impact on your overall life style. Based on your bandwidth allocation, you can experience crisp and clear video calls and or voice calls anywhere you have cell phone service. This is an awesome little application...

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment about the application.

RR

Rodolfo R.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

One of the best chat apps on the market

Overall Viber is still good t use. Like I mentioned, I only used it exclusively for family members. I love the cute stickers and as long as you have a strong internet connection, quality of voice calls is superb.

Pros

Viber is a chat and VOIP app. You can call viber users or call telephone landlines for a fee. I have been using viber since it came out. I use it exclusively for chatting family members to avoid noise and clutter. Viber is affordable and competitive for making international calls. Although I seldom use it anymore to make phone calls, it still very affordable. I like the chat feature of this app....

Cons

Skype and Whatsapp in my experience have more clarity if you have a weak internet connection. Viber is no longer as popular as before because of competition. Viber is not promoted as heavily compared with its competitors.

EH

Enxhi H.

Design, 51-200 employees

Quality video calls for free

We use it since at least 2 years to communicate and see each other when family members lives abroad, but sometimes we also use it at work for standups, when someone is working from home.

Pros

Free messaging app and video calls have great quality overall, at least compared to other messaging apps. The simplicity and ease of use made it a great app for my grandfather, who often use it to call his nephews and family when they are abroad.

Cons

Sometimes you endup in group chats that you don't know why and how it happens, I always find myself cleaning up the viber chat groups of my mother who without her knowing she endups in group of people that she doesn't know. Sometimes are spam group chats.