Viber Reviews - Page 4

4,009 reviews

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Excellent service with minor issues

Great! Very satisfied with the service. The groups' functionalities work best as compared with competition apps.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, incl. for business. Very fast service, virtually no downtimes, media is super easily transferred (photo & video).

Cons

The button for 'Like' is only the 'heart'. Perhaps a 'like' button/'thumbs up' would be better. The 'love' button could be confusing sometimes. The search option does not work good in the mobile app - you cannot easily find what you are searching for, especially in old conversations loaded with a lot of info. It would be great to have the option to transfer your current conversation history from...

JF

Jacqueline F.

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Most used communications in our office. Highly recommend!

My overall experience in the last 2 years has been great. I’ve tried other products similar, and Viber surprised me in the best way. Myself and our office have been utilizing this software for all types of communication and data for in office to sister companies in other states and even other countries. When it comes to having a second line of communication I highly recommended Viber over any other platforms out there right now.

Pros

The variety of features makes Vibers line of communication ideal for any personal or business purposes. It’s very easy to use and connect. Sending and receiving photos, data, face to face calling and the security within the service makes it perfect for my office and personal life. Also the informational channels and group chats keep me up to date with real-time news of what’s really going on in the world.

Cons

Bad internet service makes it harder to use. Unable to block unwanted calls. If those things were fixed I’d have no cons.

LR

Luka R.

Research, 11-50 employees

Great quality calls and a creative instant-messaging platform

I am communicating with my family and friends using Viber every day. I like how easy it is to use, and that I can use a wide range of fantastic stickers to enrich my conversations with the people I care about.

Pros

Viber offers a wide range of communication features, such as instant-messaging, sending pictures and video, as well as offering landline calls at very affordable prices. I love the sticker market that is constantly updated to make your conversations richer and more creative. The stickers really look great and are the best among all other apps of similar purpose. The dark theme that arrived with recent updates is a plus too, I use it a lot and it looks great. Viber always keeps up with the latest trends. It also offers a high level of security to its users. You can customize your online appearance by deciding on whether you want to share your online and seen status, showing your photo, etc. You can also hide chats and have secret ones with your selected contacts to keep things private.

Cons

A downside is that the Viber Out is not available in all countries, limiting the number of potential users and having access to cheap landline and international calls. Other than that, I can't really point out any downsides of using this app. Maybe a smaller number of users of Viber, compared to its competitors kind of limits its potential, but that is really all.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Review for Viber

Viber is a communication tool for smartphones and desktop operating systems that provide instant messaging and voice calls over 3G or Wi-Fi networks. The application works on all platforms and can be used from desktop computers. You do not need to register for use. Your phone number is being accepted.

Pros

It allows users to send pictures, video and audio messages to each other, as well as text messages. The program supports a large number of mobile operating systems (Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Symbian, Bada) and desktop operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux). Also, customers can create groups until 200 members.

Cons

If you don't have a Wi-fi connection, you are not able to use Viber. In my opinion, this is my most disliked feature. But as I said, at the moment generally I like Viber and still, I will continue use.

Viber is the best !!!

my overall experience is good , It has many wonderful qualities as it allows communication and exchange of text messages, voice calls, pictures and video clips.I can hide message chats with a code . Secret chat like snapchat 😉 It got video calls better than WhatsApp it got awesome stickers . it's useful to use when doing business , one of the things I like is the most of my contact number are using Viber . Overall, it's great, bearing in mind that it needs a strong network.

Pros

* Making free international calls, provided that the person to whom it is sent has the Viber application on his mobile device . * Supports group chat with a large number of people. * It has very beautiful and animated emojis . * The application works easily and does not need time to start. * Sync contacts is very smooth while allowing access to anyone on my other apps. * Viber also has a version for desktop and laptop computers, such that i can remain connected while on my computer. * For me Viber seems to be a bit better in Video calling than other applications. * The hidden chat feature separates Viber from WhatsApp, only Viber has feature..

Cons

* Using the Viber application allows access to all the files on my phone, and therefore all messages on the phone can be accessed, whether I sent or sent to me, as well as access to all the calls that I made or received. * Allows access to my personal photos, accounts, and files, and determine my location in a way that violates my privacy. * It needs a strong internet to be able to make a good quality call .

AM

Akhil M.

Simple review of Viber

Viber is one of most famous programming in today. The best thing about Viber is it has very high security to our messages as well as having beginning to end encryption limit. Moreover, it has splendid gathering call office offices also. More people can join to bunch call while analyzing with different applications. In like manner Viber has radiant sticker packs to light up our discussions and visits.

Pros

Viber enjoys a few benefits, for example, various capacities to draw in and keep up with, continuous visits, calls, and video calls, correspondence cryptography, expanded degrees of secrecy and security, choices to customize talks, a wide scope of emoticons and gifts, networks with an unending number of respondents, and an assortment of gathering manager choices. Viber's norms are not confined; they are very open. You can join organizations to know all of the updates that you are enthusiastic about. Likewise, Viber is totally liberated from cost for individual and business use. It is really open in various working systems and with few plans and can without a very remarkable stretch point of interaction with your saved contacts. It additionally has incredible sound quality.

Cons

The free form of this product contains an over the top number of notices that seem at regular intervals. The promotion will be taken out in the exceptional form, however there's nothing more to it. There are no new highlights or apparatuses included with the superior adaptation. It makes buying the paid adaptation unappealing to me.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Non-mainstream but has potential to be

satisfactory. most of the time serve the basic needs.

Pros

intuitive user interface, good features and support many mobile needs of modern users. easy installation. easy transfer between mobile devices.

Cons

not stable for mobile connection. voice or video is fine if use alone, but video and voice together is not. ambience noise is too loud

lm

lionel m.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

another way to communicate

Pros

this software has a fluidity in the calls that I find really good.

Cons

I find that it doesn't keep up with current technological developments.

KA

Kevin A.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

A great way to remain social for free!

I also love the sticker packs that you can use to express your emotions in any situation. It makes your experience more fun and lively! Sometimes there are some things that you want to say or express that words can not quite do the job and that is where the stickers come in handy! All you have to do is go to the sticker store and download your favorite pack and then you can use them at your leisure! Overall, I was very able to stumble upon Viber almost four years ago and I will continue to recommend it to anyone who does not have Facetime or Skype, or feels that those programs are not the greatest, as I agree. Viber is where it is at!

Pros

Viber is a wonderful app that I find far superior to Skype and is a great alternative for me to Facetime, considering I own an Android phone and not an Iphone. Not only does it allow you to make video calls to any other Viber user for free, it also allows you to text them free of charge as well! It is a great way to remain socially connected to friends and family without putting a huge dent in your...

Cons

Sometimes you get notifications that you have previously disabled in the past but that is nothing major and definitely nothing that is going to stop me from using this excellent App. Other than that I feel like it is a great software/app and I would highly suggest it to anyone!

Aymard Y.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

chat with everyone for free and safe

I was looking for a free and secure messaging platform that I could use to keep in touch with my family and friends who live abroad and I found this. Viber is a free messaging platform that lets you call, message and share photos with people.

Pros

You call and message anyone you want, anywhere in the world, with just a few clicks. All you have to do is create an account, install the app, and then you can start chatting with your friends and family. You can call them through a 3G or 4G network or even through wifi, the app is very easy to use and it couldn't be more convenient. You don't have to worry about expensive phone bills either, since the calls and text messages are free of charge.

Cons

the app is not very popular unlike one of its competitors. I like to use it but I very often have to ask my contacts to install it first

subekchaya s.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Viber for sharing

The overall experience with viber is good. Viber is found to be useful and helpful application. Viber has helped to improve relation with friends as well as family. Viber is useful for while working on group projects. Viber has been helpful for me which inspire me to suggest my friends to use viber for better communication. Though viber have some features which is not liked by me but the advantages of viber has made my experience fruitful.

Pros

Viber is the app used for sharing ideas, files, photos, videos among friends, family and other people. The best feature that i noticed while using viber is we can sent photos having high quality at one click. Viber is also effective for sharing study materials among classmate. Viber has many strickers, emoji's which makes conversation more interesting.The video call facility has helps to connect among family and friends. The features of forming groups has help to save time for communication as we can connect with group of people at once.

Cons

The limitations while sharing on viber is the thing i donot like about the app. There is viber out option and unkownly clicking that cost for user. Anyone with the phone number can call on viber. When there is weak network viber doesnot work properly.The frame is small for profile picture in viber so sometimes it is not possible to keep the profile picture as our wished.

desmond a.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Viber: A great pioneer of voIP calls and messaging

Very satisfied using this communication app

Pros

Clarity of sound during communication and easy to operate interface

Cons

The fact that few people use this amazing social media app.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Video Calls for Free

In general, I like using viber as I can keep track of conversations and I can call abroad to other people who have Viber without paying for a call. You cannot do conference calling. It is one-to-one.

Pros

I have been using Viber for about 10 years and it keeps improving its user experience and features. Video calls and calls in general are not the most reliable but it depends on the time when you call. They offer features such as location sending, images and video sending as well as fun activities such as sending hand drawn images and gifs.

Cons

Reliability of the software when it comes to video calls. Sometimes I have 45 min uninterrupted conversation and sometimes, it cannot last for more than a few minutes. Also, one time, a message that was supposed to be sent to one person, was sent to multiple people ( it was a glitch). I can't imagine if it was a confidential thing.

LD

Leah D.

Fine Art, self-employed

Viber for Overseas

Viber makes it easy and affordable to keep in touch real time with my overseas clients without paying an arm and a leg to do so with international plans.

Pros

Viber is super easy to use and even comes preinstalled on a lot of phones. I enjoy not having to pay for an international plan in order to keep in touch with my overseas clients, especially when it comes to lengthy projects. As long as you have access to data or internet the app works as well which is a positive.

Cons

Video calling isn't as reliable as texting and messaging, the quality can be funky and at times it drops the call which I never have an issue with on an actual call.

Tigran P.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Review for Viber

I have very positive overall experience. Viber is a great messenger, with many interesting features. It allows me to create groups, where I can communicate with my colleagues and friends. Also the emojis in Viber are really cool. It has some minor disadvantages, but it very wildly used and I like this app.

Pros

First it is available in both IOS and Android platforms, so if you switch from IOS to Android(or vice versa) you would not use your Viber account. Second the interface is very easy to use and it is very easy for you to navigate there. Third you also use it on your laptop(just scan QR code) and you can use your Viber in laptop. It is especially great if you want to have video call with someone(it would provide better video and audio). Also you can see the status of your message, which is not available for some messengers. Last but not least you can create group chats and communicate with friends there, as Viber is a worldwide used app.

Cons

There is no availability to search for text inside conversation(sometimes you might need to find specific massages, and the lack of this feature make it difficult to find the message). Also if you get photos and videos from Viber, it will automatically save this media in your phone's gallery. This is quite disgusting for me as the internal free storage decreases drastically over time.

AA

Audie Art C.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Viber over Competitors

Overall, I'd say my experience using viber has been great. Being able to connect with family and friends all over the world for free and also in a way that we can guarantee security.

Pros

I've known this app quite a while but didn't really use it before but i've known it as a great tool to communicate and connect to people anywhere in the globe. I'd say its a great app that you can use for free. Its very easy and fun to use. Lastly and most importantly it's very secure to use.

Cons

The least i like about it is i think it's a bit outdated now and it being not easy to integrate with other apps. It's also not that popular on our country anymore because of new competitors but i know that it is used by business men and professionals.

Iqra S.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Viber - Probelm Solving for business and personal communication

Good Experience and found it problem solving application for many aspects.

Pros

Viber has a lots of features for business and personal concerned. I can share messages, pictures, videos and files to my friends, colleagues and can also do a voice and video hassle free calls without distortion, also have group chat and communities options are socially valuable. I can use it on mobile as well computer easily to interact all over the world where u need to talk your friends relatives and business purposes. i like using it whenever i need to talk.

Cons

Ads are playing in application its annoying me during using application. less number of users on this application that's why have to switch another messenger for interacting them. More features should be introduced in this application.

PP

Postas P.

Hospitality, self-employed

Viber, a cheap alternative way to do work distance

During pandemic times I started using more often viber as worked more from home and this platform allowed me to be always in touch with people that hire me, share documents, pictures and videos instantaneously and getting feedback on what to improve could that be the case. overall a great experience and with the plus of communicating for free with people that are in many different countries.

Pros

Viber its a fantastic tool to work with as allows me to be always in communication with companies that hire my services. allows to send voice, text or video messages as well as sharing pictures, files etc. and if you have access to internet you can do voice calls or video calls for free, how awesome is that! also its very easy to learn how to use it and if i would have a company this would be definitely a tool to implement as doesn't require a lot of time training people to communicate through this app.

Cons

as a whole, viver its very good tool, can't fault it as it does a fantastic job when completing the tasks that I am required to do however I had some friends telling me that had some difficulties with group calls, something that I didn't experience yet.

TW

Tim W.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

The ubiquitous chat in Metro Manila

Viber is a ubiquitous app in Metro Manila, almost everyone has one so we try to use it for work too. It would be better if it had a feature to export chats, or perhaps a more robust search that can filter by date.

Pros

It's easy to install and to use. I particularly like how easy and fast the transition is from mobile to desktop.

Cons

The community and group is quite limited. And Viber doesn't integrate too well with other softwares

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great messaging and social engagement application

I have been able to communicate with my social groups seamlessly using this application and with the features offered by this application, it helps me to manage the communication preferences.

Pros

Viber is an excellent application for messaging and social engagement and allows flawless communication between users and communities. It is the most comprehensive app which provides all the features like messaging, calling, sending data files, forming groups, public chats and end to end encryption of data. We also have the flexibility to customize this based on our choice like setting up various emojis, backgrounds, status updates, etc. The best part is that it can also be downloaded on a desktop machine and can be operated seamlessly along with your work. We can also use this application to promote business and can really help to make the communication process smooth and advanced with the clients.

Cons

The user base is quite less compared to the competitors and the developers should focus more on promoting this product and increase its popularity. Since not many people use this, we need to switch to other applications at times to communicate with our contacts. Another feature which I would like to see in this is the capability to block users.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

A free alternative for team communication

Great free tool for instant communication within your team. But set up some rules/guidelines or it can get chaotic! :)

Pros

It's free and has many great functions that can improve your team's communication. You can create groups and send instant messages, send files, search within your chat history etc. It has a desktop version as well. Overall a solid alternative.

Cons

The translations in the Hungarian version are incorrect and/or misleading in some places. There is no option to delete messages with a timer. Also, team communication can be a bit chaotic if you have too many groups (but this is not the software's fault). One option we'd really need and don't have in Viber is to have chat permissions for group members, eg. to have certain groups where only the admin can send messages.

WH

Wael H.

A Very Simple Review for Viber

It's a great tool for meetings, information exchange, and communication. Giving it a try will certainly save you time because it is free. My experience has been fairly good all around. Viber is an excellent messaging app with lots of fun features. It enables me to create groups via which I may communicate with my friends. The emojis on Viber are also really cute.

Pros

Users of Viber can make free international calls to other users of the same software anywhere in the globe. Additionally, Viber provides a service that WhatsApp, LINE, and WeChat do not: it can connect to landlines and mobile phones for a price. The program offers more functionality than other texting apps like WhatsApp, I'll say that last. You have the option of using Communities, Broadcast Lists, or group discussions. Easy, quick, and straightforward communication. For me, a separate PC app is a big benefit. the capacity to accept phone or video calls.

Cons

Perhaps professional licence prices could be reduced to better compete with rivals. High bandwidth requirements could be decreased as well freezes a lot. As competitors offer more and better options, it has to be updated and expanded. Years have passed with the same UI. Would love to see more features but there are none new.

AK

Ajdin K.

Industrial Automation, 5,001-10,000 employees

One of the best International Messengers but not easy to use for beginners.

The overall experience with Viber was actually pretty great! I used it and still use it once in a while with my friends and sometimes business. I enjoy the functionality of Viber and all the Gifs and Emojis that come with it. I would highly recommend the product to anyone!

Pros

The most I liked about the software is that I can communicate with my family over the seas for free if they have Viber. As most people know International calling and texting can be very expensive especially calling, well Viber is free If the other party has the same product. Also, Viber has a feature that many other messengers don't have and that is the ability to call landlines and mobile phones, for a fee of course but it is nice to have if you wish to use that feature. One last thing I would like to add and that is that Vibe has more functionalities than most of other messengers such as WhatsApp for example. Some of the examples of those features are group chats, Communities, and Broadcast lists. So yes they have a wider range of features and functionalities.

Cons

Ther are two cons I would like to mention about Viber. Due to all the functionalities that Viber has, it is also tougher to use for beginners and it is not fun because i used it for a long time. The other con is that comparing to WhatsApp's community it is much lower. So, for example, the reason why I switched from Viber to WhatsApp is due to the fact that many of my friends and family used WhatsApp. Don't get me wrong I still go back and use Viber with friends that still use Viber however I use more WhatsApp. Overall Viber is a better product then all of the messengers out there.

Axel A.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Not the best

One day I was chating with my employeers when the signal lost in one communication app, and I found Viber, honestly I don't know a lot of this app. but I use it only in emergency cases and its a good app.

Pros

Is a good app and had all the functions like other similars communication apps, is simply and complete, you can do calls, sent videos, pictures, docs. For stay in contact with your costumers is excellent.

Cons

Nowadays exist a lot of this type of apps, this app is not the best, you can use best app than this. but the other apps sometimes have bad signal and Viber is a good option for these moments.

Musrah A.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple and easy to use for a mobile messenger

Pros

Sending a message to my team mates and work colleague is really fast and easy with Viber. The recipient will receive the message in split second without any delay and it really make our communication really smooth. It also can be use for a video call or conference, which is really important when we are working from home(WFH).

Cons

The free version for this software has too many advertisement that keep shown after every few minutes. The premium version will removed the advertisement but that is it. No new feature or tools that comes with the premium version. It makes purchasing the paid version is not too great for me.