Viber Reviews - Page 5

4,012 reviews

ly

lee yong s.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

viber a easy way to communicate

overall its a very and despite the small issues I have with it I do recommend it . easy to use and master.

Pros

- phone friendly - ease of use - accessible for everyone - group chats in the years I have been using this software i am very pleased about it. easy to use and came in handy during the covid time. I would recommended this in a heartbeat for small to medium businesses.

Cons

- video chat I have noticed that sometimes the video quality isn't the best and the sound can be off once in a while. don't know if that is because of connection issues or if it differs from device to device

Anuththara W.

Research, self-employed

Viber for vibes to connect

Pros

This product is very easy to use. One of the main things I like in Viber is it's Privacy settings. For example, we can block unwanted calls in our contact list. like in the normal phone and we can manage who can see our profile photo etc. The other thing is when someone in our normal contact list who was not using Viber previously, start using Viber, we get a notification. And I like that feature....

Cons

One of the main things that need to be improved in Viber is , when we delete a message in a conversation, the other party can see it. Sometimes this makes us feel bad and uncomfortable. Another thing is that Viber is difficult to be operated in low signal strengths.

LC

Lissie C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The vibe I get from Viber

Viber has helped our business reach more clients and to save on communication cost. Internet based communication apps are more practical and economical to use now compared to SMS

Pros

In our country, the app is widely used so that is a big plus. I use it for both business and personal communication.

Cons

One thing that I notice is that I usually miss calls when someone calls me through the app. There are still times where in the app would crash, but this has improved immensely compared to previous years. Hope there will be more viber users world wide, in my case not a lot of my international contacts are viber users.

Julia D.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Viber group management of users

Viber helped me a lot to keep in touch with relatives, friends, colleagues within phone calls and high quality video calls without any payment. Its messenger helped to stay up to date with my closed ones.

Pros

Viber helps me to exchange messages and calls for free, it is convenient and economical, especially if the interlocutor is in another country. It does not require permanent authorization, users who have installed the application are automatically selected and added to the friend list. It provides the ability to create a chat group with up to 100 participants, and receive Push notifications when the application is turned off.

Cons

By the disadvantages of the program, I can attribute the following factors, in order to communicate with the interlocutor, he must necessarily be a user of this application, in case of loss of the SIM card, access to Viber is lost, since authorization occurs through it, the messenger "glitch" happens when it shows about the presence of an unread message, but in fact there is no letter.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Need to Call without the heavy rates? You got it!

Excellent. Over all I get my tasks done and communicate with people easily and often without the concern of using up my phone’s data. This is great for people who have to text those who need to send text through a limited plan. Highly recommend people to use this!

Pros

this software is amazing for people to communication and contact each other without the burden of paying heavy phone bills and texting rates. Because this software uses wifi you can easily add other contacts that use this application to message, call as if this was integrated into a default phone. Incredible! As someone who needs to keep contact with other co workers and managers, it’s best to use this application so that my phone bill does not have to go up while texting multiple people. Rather, I got an entire contact list of users who also use this application and I can easily call or text without the worry of my data being used up.

Cons

Now, since I use it where it uses wifi. I can be hard to use without wifi. But we all have data when we don’t have wifi. So it’ll still work and it won’t eat up my data as fast as it would when I use the actual phone’s message app. Plus with wifi on most of the time this really isn’t a problem for me, but it might for others.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

old but gold

Pros

It is free software that can be used on all platforms. The similar application is much easier to use for work-related matters because phone number is more personal. Video conferencing is organized very easily. Its end-to-end encryption feature is very secure.

Cons

The popularity of its use has decreased in countries outside the USA. Sometimes there are problems with search and viewing quality. It would be more beneficial to increase the number of people in video chat.

SS

Suman S.

Civil Engineering, self-employed

Amazing and trustable app

Viber is generally a reliable messaging and calling app with a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features, including free voice and video calls, end-to-end encryption, and the ability to sync across devices. Viber is very user-friendly for all skill levels, and I've been using it for the past five years. I used this Viber for business purposes, sending high-resolution photos and work-related information. This app is also compatible with slow internet.

Pros

The Viber app includes free voice and video calls, end-to-end encryption for messages, the ability to sync contacts and notes across devices, various fun stickers and emojis, and integration with other apps like Dropbox and Giphy.

Cons

Using the Viber app includes the app requiring a phone number to sign up, which may be a privacy concern for some users, the app using data for calls and messages which may not be ideal for those with limited data plans, occasional glitches or bugs, and the app's interface and features may not be as customizable as some other messaging apps.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

It is good and easy to use.

For the many years of experience viber, I am really happy with the service. Viber is very good for any type of communication like text messaging, audio call and video ccalling. For friends and Family communication viber is very important and helpful apps.

Pros

Its provide easy, fast and free way for people all around the world to get in touch.

Cons

I am not to much happy with the video call quality of viber. Although it is really extremely good for text messaging.

Omar H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Better review

Easy to use and very clear communications

Pros

Its working without using the VPN and the video call is very clear

Cons

The color and the theme of the software

aS

althea S.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

messaggistica istantanea "di riserva"

Anche qui, è possibile decidere ed autogestire il livello di privacy desiderato. Si va dalla visualizzazione ultimo accesso, alla foto profilo e nome visualizzato, che anche in questo caso, si può scegliere e modificare poi, anche successivamente.

Pros

Fondamentalmente, questa applicazione non ha mai sfondato come le altre sue più famose competitors. Parto con il dire che sebbene offra le funzioni di base di un pò tutte le app sui generis, l'installazione e registrazione (o log in), è un'pò più complicata delle altre, in quanto al primo accesso si accede appunto, con un odice che deve arrivare via sms sul numero fornito. Fin qui niente di strano,...

Cons

Come gia' detto, l'intoppo inizile in fase di download, mette un'pò d'ansia e abbassa molto l'entusiasmo. Una volta eseguito finalmente l'accesso, le funzioni sono più o meno le solite. Messaggistica istantanea via internet, quindi NON A PAGAMENTO. Così come videochiamate, creazione di chat di gruppo, chiamate audio.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Saqib S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Viber - Connecting People

My overall experience that it is very cheaper / economical application to use then other without any hurdles like other application such as hanging or stuck problem during chats or sharing images or videos.

Pros

Viber is a simple and easy place to connect to each other globally. This application is very helpful for everyone to connect their someone immediately by images, text or videos. It is very helpful for group conversation by chats or video calling. By instant transfer messaging and chats with other makes your life happy and easy to share your feeling.

Cons

I have not noticed yet that it worked badly during chats or any conversation but only one thing is that if high quality images or videos received it hangs often.

BD

Bryan D.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Great way to connect people

Overall I'm completely satisfied with Viber. This is my no.1 messaging app and my daily driver. I hope that everyone is using viber, so we can easily send messages to everyone.

Pros

its easy to use, it will connect you to people easily. You can create groups, send personalized messages by using stickers, sending pictures and more stuff.

Cons

This is my go-to messaging app, I dont have any negative thing to say.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

"My Notes" feature is the BEST!!

A very very helpful app that i am always running into every morning for my daily notes prior sharing my messages to my colleagues/partners/clients. I am giving this app 10 out of 10 rating because of its uniqueness. Sorry, that i have been repeating this feature over and over again, to anybody who can read this, because really!! you have to try it to yourself.

Pros

What i like most with the app is the "My Notes" feature. This is one of the best feature i encountered so far. I am a very keen to details when it comes to work or business related informations. So to avoid miscommunications, i normally jot down all my ideas and concerns using this unique feature. I am so ADDICTED that i am using it over and over again in a day. Ranging from 10 or more notes fairly a day, again this is depending on the work load i have. Yes, indeed, a very effective attribute of the app that will help more users like me to keep on using the app and will help to attract more possible users to get it. So please do not remove this feature, instead improve it more.

Cons

So far, I don't have any cons to enumerate for this app. My experience using the software has always been so great. However, may i suggest if you can enable adding a document sharing on "My Notes". This will be a great help for me and probably for other users who's been using the feature so bad.

Dyeoan Fatematuz J.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

The easiest personal communication product – Viber

I have been used this app for several years. And my experience is really too good. It makes my life easier to communicate with my peers. Literally, it’s too much helpful. It deserves a big thumb up.

Pros

This app is too much popular. People can communicate with definite person or group through this app. People can interact through text chat, audio call and HD video call. It is the best online platform for international call. Emojis and stickers used in this app are very cute as well as unique.

Cons

To be honest, there is nothing special cons of this product I found. In addition to, there is no option to back-up my files and contact to cloud storage. The adds appear after every video calls is irritating.

TJ

Thanushi J.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Viber - A great way to stay in touch

I have been using Viber for more than 3 years and it has all the features that we need to stay in touch with our loved ones. Viber is compatible with all the major platforms such as iOS, android,windows etc and that feature allows users to enjoy cross platform communication. Viber is easy to use and it facilitates to make unlimited audio and video calls among Viber users.

Pros

Viber is completely free for use and anyone can easily install the software and start using the services provided by the software. Viber is capable of syncing messages and chat history between mobile phone and computer. This syncing options makes it more comfortable and easier for us stay connected. End to end encryption feature in Viber enables secure communication between the sender and the receiver. Doodle option is another unique feature in this messaging application. We can simply send graffiti and scratch drawings using this option. In addition, Viber has a wonderful collection of stickers that allows us to express ourselves in a perfect way.

Cons

Some lower end mobile phone users may experience reduced RAM performance in their devices after installing Viber. However, for new smart phone users this impact is barely noticeable.

TA

Turan A.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Your channel of communication with the world

Viber is simple and easy to download from any app store. Generally speaking, the first thing you notice is the stingy behavior in resource consumption. Thanks to its simple and easy interface, it has a fast and user-friendly interface software. Apart from mobile, it can also be used and integrated with desktop computers. He has a unique experience thanks to the very high quality level he provides in interviews. In addition, the security of the data is at the highest level thanks to their encryption.

Pros

It continues to communicate with many users for 13 years from the day it was launched to the market. Viber, which has many active users around the world, can be easily installed and used from all mobile devices based on both android and iOS. It provides a serious competition to its competitors with its high performance and quality, especially in voice and video calls.All your information is safe thanks to end-to-end data encryption and security, which can be used free of charge. It can also be installed in many application environments such as MAC, Windows, Linux on personal computers. It does not require a special account for the board as standard. An automatic message is sent to all users via your phone and it becomes ready for use.

Cons

Viber is a very old and rooted software. Its advanced contents and the coding it is written are at the top level. Therefore, users who are hesitant before use will lose all their negative judgments when they start to get quality results later on.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The only messaging app that I use

I'm happy with the app, never had second thoughts of using it. Maybe the fact that all my friends and family are on it helps as well.

Pros

It's really easy to use, it's free, has ton of stickers and gifs. As I noticed during the time of use it doesn't need an exceptional internet connection as I have sent and received messages on really poor connection. I really like that they are constantly working on it and improving. I really like the group feature .

Cons

I wouldn't mind to have the level of encryption that Telegram has. I'm aware that Viber uses encryption but am not sure if the level is as high as the one for that last app.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Viber for free communication

Enjoying Viber for secure and faster communication. It is far better than other chatting apps but still needs some improvements to be the best. Good enough for free of charge.

Pros

I'm using Viber since the smartphone revolution. I'm using it, especially for IDD calls because it is crystal clear quality and average pricing. It is available on almost every platform and easily syncs our account between mobile and PC versions. The Viber stickers are more creative and cool and we can easily connect with celebrities using the Viber community. Here we can assure our communications are 100% end-to-end encrypted and we can assure Viber because of its social responsibility over the years. We can share tons of media and attachments almost free of charge and we can't neglect Viber if we own a smartphone.

Cons

The latest versions of Vibe not performing like before because of new features and heavy application algorithm. The app is freeing sometimes on initial load and it is not a 100% real-time chat app when compares to Whatsapp. And Viber always requires a stable and faster internet connection and we can't make calls for poor coverage areas.

MK

Moyata K.

Import and Export, 51-200 employees

my experience

getting in touched with our fellow customers. internet is much cheaper than the formal phone bill when it comes to calling form different continent. viber is a great help to connect people from different continent

Pros

viber is very easy to use, its simple and straight forward. most of my contacts use viber so its a great platform for supporting our business and get in-touched with our clients.

Cons

one profile picture is only allowed, I suggest that to get to know some one better at least i need to see more photos of that person in order to draw an image of that person clearly in my brain

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Viber is my partner in crime.

Overall I feel happy to be a viber customer. It make my daily life easy. But i expect more customer friendly updates in the upcoming version of it. It is better if they consider public' current needs while doing updates. I am expecting to see some added features in location sharing and quality improvement in sharing media files.

Pros

I use viber for more than 2 years. I used to send media files and make audio and video calls through viber. Group call option help me to connect my teammates at a time for my professional purposes. I like the pin option in group chat, which is very much helpful to remember anything within the group members especially in office group. There is a option to hide chats, which help me to keep away my personal chats from my friends' eyes. And I like those stickers used in chats, as we can get them in our mother tongue.

Cons

There is a option to send location in viber. But I couldn't send my live location through this. Because of this I need to use some other messenger options in order to use live location sharing option. I feel that the quality of media files send through viber is not upto the level as I expect. And I don't feel much improvements in new version of viber.

EJ

Erika J.

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Viber Review

Viber Messenger is a free app that connects to anyone in the world via an Internet connection (WIFI or mobile internet subscription required). There are countless stickers and emoji icons on it that can be used to toss messages, share photos, videos and sound files. You can also make free international calls with Viber. It can help my business work easily.

Pros

Since the black theme has been available, it has become very screen friend. It has a great voice calling feature and is not very cracky, making it almost perfect for a phone call. Very easy to use and fully customized so anyone can use it. It conserves battery power and does not take up much space on your mobile phone. It can be used to control voice and video calls almost anywhere in the world. It is very good that it is available in most languages. It consumes a low internet connection and can thus initiate relatively many calls and messages.

Cons

It happens so often that it does not notify you when you receive messages and the program also marks unread messages as read. After the updates, there is a lot of advertising, and it may open an advertisement while you are making a phone call, thus interrupting the conversation. Downloaded stickers or GIFs often need to be downloaded again and again because it says that no stickers or GIFs are available. Some features (always different) when I download them to my tablet do not work and 2 minutes after installation it tells me to update the application because it is out of date. However, if I download and install it again, all features will work fine.

Marlyn G.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

the better alternative to whatsapp

Viber allows us to create my own communities and channels, this is a good tool as you can send a message about a topic to large audiences, as an administrator of a community I can decide who among the members can post a message, I can also delete a message that I do not wish for the conversation to always stay on its way and it also allows you to eliminate members who take off the subject of any conversation that Viber has an option to create notes where it gives me the opportunity to define a reminder so that you are always aware of your tasks.

Pros

What I like about Viber is that I can backup all my chats with Google Drive, this way it gives me the security of not losing my messages and being able to reinstall Viber on any device and my messages will be there. I can also download Viber for my computer, it allows me to share or not my status if I am connected or not with other users, as well as the seen status, it gives me the option to show my profile picture only to the users that I have added in this app I can also share my birthday date and my contacts will be notified on my birthday, plus viber suggest me people i might know. Also, as part of my security Viber has an option to control who can add me to groups.

Cons

I don't see any downside or anything I don't like about this app. maybe it needs more advertising to have more adoption for new users.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Nice way to keep in touch with close ones

Overall viber is really good medium for chat video call and file transfer. The quality and the ui interface, navigation and customization is also good.

Pros

The best part of the viber is the file transfer as it doesn’t comprss the sent files and hence preserves the file quality

Cons

I have issue concerned with privacy. If i uninstall the viber from mobile and reinstall it and start using, it actially gets all you contacts added to viber notifying that you are on viber which i think violated privacy

BR

Balkrishna R.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Viber Video Calling App Quality

My overall experience with Viber has been quite positive. It's a versatile app that connects me with friends and family through messaging and calls, though at times, it can be a bit heavy on my device.

Pros

Viber is known for its user-friendly interface, offering free messaging and high-quality voice/video calls. It also provides end-to-end encryption for enhanced privacy.

Cons

Viber offers a range of features, I find that sometimes the app can be quite resource-intensive, which may affect its performance on certain devices. Additionally, the abundance of features can make the interface feel cluttered, especially for new users looking for simplicity.

Isaac G.

Capital Markets, 1-10 employees

Viber has outlived its essence!

Used to be an app I could communicate with my buddies, not until all migrated to using other messaging applications, which offer greater satisfaction and doesn't show too many bug and fixes notifications.

Pros

A go to app when I wanted to message my family, friends and customers between 2015 - 2016.

Cons

I stopped using Viber because almost all my relations and customers switch to WhatsApp and Telegram, which has better features and don't lag unlike Viber. Messages delay in times when network is 2G. Features need to improved to be honest.