Viber Reviews - Page 6

4,009 reviews

Marlyn G.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

the better alternative to whatsapp

Viber allows us to create my own communities and channels, this is a good tool as you can send a message about a topic to large audiences, as an administrator of a community I can decide who among the members can post a message, I can also delete a message that I do not wish for the conversation to always stay on its way and it also allows you to eliminate members who take off the subject of any conversation that Viber has an option to create notes where it gives me the opportunity to define a reminder so that you are always aware of your tasks.

Pros

What I like about Viber is that I can backup all my chats with Google Drive, this way it gives me the security of not losing my messages and being able to reinstall Viber on any device and my messages will be there. I can also download Viber for my computer, it allows me to share or not my status if I am connected or not with other users, as well as the seen status, it gives me the option to show my profile picture only to the users that I have added in this app I can also share my birthday date and my contacts will be notified on my birthday, plus viber suggest me people i might know. Also, as part of my security Viber has an option to control who can add me to groups.

Cons

I don't see any downside or anything I don't like about this app. maybe it needs more advertising to have more adoption for new users.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Nice way to keep in touch with close ones

Overall viber is really good medium for chat video call and file transfer. The quality and the ui interface, navigation and customization is also good.

Pros

The best part of the viber is the file transfer as it doesn’t comprss the sent files and hence preserves the file quality

Cons

I have issue concerned with privacy. If i uninstall the viber from mobile and reinstall it and start using, it actially gets all you contacts added to viber notifying that you are on viber which i think violated privacy

BR

Balkrishna R.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Viber Video Calling App Quality

My overall experience with Viber has been quite positive. It's a versatile app that connects me with friends and family through messaging and calls, though at times, it can be a bit heavy on my device.

Pros

Viber is known for its user-friendly interface, offering free messaging and high-quality voice/video calls. It also provides end-to-end encryption for enhanced privacy.

Cons

Viber offers a range of features, I find that sometimes the app can be quite resource-intensive, which may affect its performance on certain devices. Additionally, the abundance of features can make the interface feel cluttered, especially for new users looking for simplicity.

MK

Melody Kay C.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Messaging platform of choice for focus on conversations

Using Viber has been crucial to my professional connections, as it is the tool of choice for most of my colleagues. Messaging is simple and straightforward, and it is easy to switch devices and still keep your conversation history.

Pros

I particularly love the backups, the encryption, and how I can mute / hide conversations to my liking. The best thing about Viber though is photo sharing -- as the photo quality is not reduced, unlike other messaging platforms.

Cons

It was a bit hard to navigate through some screens and do some tasks. For example, finding the QR scanner took me a while as it's not that obvious. Messaging someone whose phone number wasn't stored in my phone was also not intuitive.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Viber in my opinion

Viber came out be the best messaging application for me where I can quickly connect to the person from my phone contact list. Unlike other application, it also allows me to customize my own stickers package and share. Overall, I would like to recommend this software for those quick and easy messaging purpose.

Pros

I would like to address some of the features that I found most pleasing. - First of all, this software has reasonable pricing and is user friendly. - The same call can be easily transfer from phone to desktop without any interruption (incase of low battery in phone) - It is completely integrate with our phone contacts that manages our phone logs within the application.

Cons

It would have been better if Viber focus on some of the below weak point. - For temporary basis if one doesn't want to be active in Viber, either they should deactivate the account or disconnect the WIFI service. (Logout feature would have solved the issue) - Unless you have Viber active in the mobile, you cannot use the desktop application of Viber. They are completely attached. (It would have been better if the desktop application is loosely coupled with the Viber's mobile application.)

Shenali V.

E-Learning, 10,001+ employees

Review on Viber

Overall, Viber is a wonderful software where you can save your money on international calls. Its simple and easy. You don't have to be tech savvy to use it. It is true that Viber has to develop a bit more, compared to other software of the same type. But, in average Viber is handy when I need it.

Pros

Viber is a great software with a well developed user interface for communicating with people all around the world. It allows quality video and audio calls with also a wide a range of stickers to boost your chat. The best thing about Viber is that it saves you an awful lot of money when calling someone overseas.

Cons

Greatest drawback I see is that Viber seems to crash an awful lot. When it comes to sharing photos, Viber annoyingly crashes at the final point of uploading. So, the few initial steps have to be repeated again and this is a very unsatisfying situation for a person with a busy life. And the other bad aspect is that updates cause this program to become unsupported. You cannot use Viber anymore until you have downloaded the update. That is really bad. I wish developers would allow people to use the older version while notifying them to download the update asap.

NP

Nipun P.

Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Good messaging app

I'm using viber rarely because some people don't like viber because it concern high power consumption. And also It's need fast network.

Pros

This App has a good user interface. This app can save your mobile credit. It has nice sticker collection. Group broad casting also good feature. Viber call has good voice quality. And also video call quality also average.

Cons

It need more storage and it used more ram from your mobile. It need good network to work properly.

PG

Paul G.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Gets the job done but the software needs optimization

Pros

The Pin Message feature is incredibly useful and should be standard across all communications tools! Message translation is surprisingly accurate. Verified business accounts indicators are really helpful and ensures I'm only receiving messages from legitimate entities.

Cons

Software needs minimizing and optimization. Aside from the huge file size, our team keeps getting installation errors. Chat media also occupies large size of local storage. Device switching needs work too. You can accidentally wipe all your previous history when you install the software to a new device.

Tacho T.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Excellent option for group chat, sending messages, photos and attached files.

Last year "viber" was quite useful for me as an application and I like working with it! I plan to continue using it, especially if I can successfully install it on a PC as well; I would also recommend that newer versions automatically delete unnecessary obsolete or duplicate files when reinstalling to make it easier for devices to work.

Pros

What I like the most is the possibility to conduct free calls and SMS without the obligatory availability of a telephone. Also, an excellent advantage is the ability to exchange free SMS, as well as video/chat in real-time, including sending photos, greeting cards, and emoticons. A very good idea is the ability to download pictures and emoticons from their database, including free. As a function, I most often use free calls or sending messages.

Cons

The large increase in the volume of application gradually; The introduction of (mandatory?) Scanning of QR-code when installing "" viber "" on the PC, instead of the previous way - by sending a code to confirm the registration by SMS to the phone number or email! Anyone who does not have a camera or has a problem connecting the phone to a PC cannot successfully install "viber"!

Marisa T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Free collaboration tool to reach VAs easily

A great medium to communicate with VAs, coworkers and clients. The stickers are also making the conversation more personable and fun.

Pros

I love the part, it is free and easy to use. Very similar to the previously used Messenger but with less restrictions on links we can send and receive. Simple to use and perfect for our needs. The stand alone app is also a big plus for me.

Cons

You would use all of the messages if you uninstall Viber and reinstall later. :( You pay for the premium version to remove ads without getting any new features or benefits.

Ryan P.

Computer Software, self-employed

Viber! The best app on the market, in my opinion!

Since I largely used Vibe for our regular chats with customers and friends, my entire experience with it has been great. It features a lot of emoticons, which I use in my interactions with my pals. The only need is that I have a reliable internet connection, which I generally do. It is quite advantageous to both organizations and individuals since it has a broad range of jobs and is extremely secure. It is, in my opinion, an excellent application. Without a doubt, it is a booming software.

Pros

I use it to communicate with my family and friends, and it also helps me with my work. For my office tasks, I'm using a single click currently. Using this platform, I may assist my coworkers with workplace concerns. Viber is used for everything, including texting the solution, voice messaging, and video instructions. It's a fantastic tool for making you feel more comfortable when communicating. 10/10 - Bravo Viber!

Cons

Personally, I think the product could always use more upgrades, and everything can always be enhanced and better. The only thing that might be changed and made better is customer service, which is occasionally inactive and sluggish to respond. Everything else is in order and perfect!

KS

Kristina S.

Design, self-employed

Great app for everyday and business communication!

My experience with using this app is great! I use and enjoy all the features. Easy to use, everything is explained in a nice way and the translation into my native language is at an exceptional level. I have been using this application for years and I expect to remain a satisfied user in the future.

Pros

Viber is an application that includes all types of communication. Text messages, voice and video calls are at a high level of quality. I love that the application is easy to use for all age groups, it allows easy and fast communication. My favorites are stickers and gifs, they can be very useful in a hurry and lack of time. I especially like that we can make personalized gifs that make communication even easier and fun. Notes are one of my favorite options, I write all the drafts, sketches and notes there, I’m always organized.

Cons

It's hard for me to single out a function that I don't like because they are really all useful and usable. I love working in the shower so my only complaint would be addressed to Viber notifications that are a little louder than I would have liked. Everything else is great!

PS

Punit S.

Good app for messaging

Overall experience with this platform is good. I am using this platform more than 6 years. .It doesn't hang any device.

Pros

It is very easy to use messaging, calling platform and it secure also. Calling and messaging around the world to other people at a free of cost. We can access this platform pc, laptop even on mobile phone and working any operating system

Cons

The cons are we can't share large numbers of files to others. This platform good for low data files sharing. Call quality of this platform is not good because it echo if we speak with multiple people in a one time

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Advantages and disadvantages of Viber messenger

Viber doesn't require to register with website to use. It easily connected with my phone number by a confirmation call. Messaging is very easy. It can also share photos and videos with others exept sometimes difficult to reach the phone storage through app. It shows whether the recipient delivered or seen the message to keep the chat continuously. We can chat with friends who are in abroad normally...

Pros

Free chats and calls. Good quality video and voice calls.

Cons

Take time to load the application. Somewhat difficult to share files.

DM

Dimitar M.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

My experience with Viber

I'm happy to use the free service they are offering, but this "groups" thing is very very annoying. I also wouldn't recommend their paid services.

Pros

- available on multiple platforms - Windows, iOS, MacOS, Android, Linux - very good sound quality - Multiple communications methods - text messaging, calls, video calls, locations sharing, international paid calls to landlines and cell, picture and file sharing. - Emojis, Gifs - very snappy and easy to use

Cons

- completely dumb politics when it comes to paid profiles - I have some money put in it in case I need to make an international call. However, after some time I did not use that option I received mail from Viber that my account will be frozen with the money in it, and If i ever need it will have to contact them first (this takes DAYS). - I was calling from viber to a UK GSM number and was overcharged. Instead of 15 cents they took whole 1$. When I contacted the support I was told that the number I was calling was a number with additional charges(which is not - just a regular GSM). - Too spammy from "groups" that I do not want to follow, and there's no way to remove them from your feed.

MS

Matthew S.

E-Learning, 10,001+ employees

Using Viber Gives Peace of Mind and is Super Efficient

Viber has proven to be a reliable way to communicate with colleagues and clients. I don't have to worry about international calling rates or poor quality audio as Viber is high quality and completely free. Also, calls do not drop during long calls which makes this truly a pleasant experience. I like that group calls are easy to set up so that everyone in the network is on the same page.

Pros

Viber offers high-quality voice and video calls, with a robust group chat option that gives the option of group video calls, all for free. Not to mention the numerous stickers and GIFs that are available to use to make your communications fun and interactive. Another major benefit is that you can use Viber on both desktop and mobile, whichever one suits your convenience. Chats are synced across devices. They put measures in place to offer an extra layer of security that secures your privacy seamlessly. Such measures include end-to-end encryption and disappearing messages.

Cons

It would be nice to have a built-in feature from Viber where you can record video and voice calls on a desktop device and save them to external storage for future reference.

Abdullah R.

Computer Software, self-employed

Creative technology for mordern world

Viber is increasing its capacity More and more, its overall call quality both in viber and viber-out call is much better than other softwares, its connectivity is fast,so we can talk and get connected within a second, and in chat section thay are increasing their sticker resources day by day which is good,we can express out emotions with these stickers, their follow option is also good. I really enjoy using viber daily and it become one of my essential options in my day to day life, hope to see this software marking top among all other leading softwares.

Pros

As viber is growing and becoming popular day by day, its easy to use appearance and the call quality i liked the most, it also increases its sticker Library more often which i like very much as by these stickers we can express what sometimes hard to express by words,more over its call quality is much better the any other softwares,hope to see this software becoming first among top leading softwares.

Cons

Sometimes stickers which i need is hard find,i suggest they should add search option to find specifit sticker within a second, and though Viber-out call is good but they should lessen the Viber-out call rate, so that they can attaract more and more new users.

JV

Jovana V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

My favorite messenger for years

Best in my opinion. It is simple and I manage to persuade my older family members to use it. Because there is no use of messenger which is not easy to use and that you can't persuade non-tech people to give it a try. And I love stickers, some became even legendary.

Pros

It is so simple, it has great stickers (many for free), and everyone is using it. The quality of sound is good even when the connection is of poor quality.

Cons

Video chatting should be done differently, perhaps the rectangular where the video image is should be more square. Just a minor design suggestion.

Nipuna R.

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

The Purple you Love!

Viber, the best used communication application for about 6 years. Really Love it and recommend it. Great Application for communication purposes.

Pros

The most loving feature of Viber is there are lots of Sticker packs available which matches to local languages and trends. And there is a PC application available which can use with mobile app also. Can customize most settings according to our privacy.

Cons

There isn't available a web version like Whatsapp. The Web version is more beneficial for low end PCs because sometimes the PC application is using considerable amount of processing and RAM power.

AD

Ava D.

Research, 11-50 employees

Good app

Overall, i am very happy with Viber. It is so popular so I can easily contact with many people in differnt countries. In addition, it is a very good app to share high quality images and files.

Pros

It app is easy to use. All you need is create an account with your phone number. Then you can free talk with your friend around the world. The app is popular, so it is easy to contact with other people. It also often update the sticker which is very nice and unique.

Cons

Sometimes it pop up with lots of ads which is very disturbing. So many cool stickers but you have to pay for that

Adra Safiya K.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Community communication

Pros

Viber is one of the old application for messaging an forum discussion, but still doesn't lost it touch. I really love the forum and the private group in here, because i can easily join a group that has the same interest like me. We can share video or picture in here, and have a discussion on the topic that interest us.

Cons

Viber providing a feature for a video calls, but the video quality is so bad that i don't think that i ever have a high quality video call with it. The sound quality is quite standard and usable, but the video is a nightmare. I really hope they can improve the quality.

Barış E.

Chemicals, 501-1,000 employees

Should be improved definitely

Pros

First thing that I mostly like about Viber is the way that they always trying to improve themselves and they care about the feedback, I believe that's a crucial way to get closer to be perfect. Also Viber definitely has the best audio calls by fat compared to the other similar apps and also I should mention special stickers and emojis it has. User interface and themes of the app is also can be count as in the pros section.

Cons

First of all, as I also heard the same problem with a lot of other Viber users, the notification system is just not working like properly enough, although you set all the things as it requires sometimes it just does not show anything, like received messages. It is not good to see thousands of messages after you woke up and there were no nothing in the notifications part. Second of the main issue is that the app deletes some of the media files in the chats and there is no option in the settings section to change this. Last issues that struck me about Viber was the inaccurate of the last seen status. It randomly shows your status as online when you are not even connected to the internet. In a world like this it creates lots of misunderstandings.

RL

Richard L.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Richard Lubiano on Viber

Viber satisfied my needs when it comes to communication, it's very functional and convenient. I feel at peace when I'm using Viber because I know my information is secured.

Pros

I like viber because it's not complicated to use, confidentiality is important to me which I found that on viber they make it sure that everything was encrypted.

Cons

More product campaign, lets introduce viber to young individual that Viber is more safer than any other app.

Chamara W.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

The best for FREE calling and messaging.

Viber have been reliable way to connect with my family, friends, colleagues for long time. Viber is easy to use and have lots of personalization features. Also Viber have the best sticker collection of any messaging app. So using Viber was fun. I highly recommend Viber and give 5 out of 5 stars.

Pros

Free VOIP calls with HD sound quality. Text any number free as long as they have the app and internet connection. Allows you to connect internationally easily. Viber have best sticker collection. Ease of use. Have lots of personalization features.

Cons

Communications are not encrypted by default. Call blocking is not available. Sometime, when updating notification settings get reset.

Civil Engineering, self-employed

Viber for communication

Pros

As a frequent viber user, i am so happy to use viber for my daily conversations with my valuable relatives, friends and my family. Sending videos, messages, audio clips, files are so easily through viber. And also it facilitates the video and audio calls incorporating group calls. Its really advanteneous to use the viber for daily conversations. Not only that, i am having my school group in viber. So that we can share our feelings and messages with our school friends as well quickly.

Cons

Even though i am using this software frequently, i am experiencing some of drawbacks in viber. In case if we are offline, the messages and calls receiving at that time is not accurately displayed to us. Unless it shows the time when we came online back. If it could be modified in the application, it would be better to know at what time the other persons wanted to contact us and the importance. Otherwise if we felt that we received the call once we came online, we will tends to disturb them in their unconvenient time especially in foreign countries where the time difference a matter.