Viber Reviews - Page 7

4,012 reviews

Shaharyar S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Viber - Easy

My overall experience is very, as I am using it since long time ago, I feel it is one of the most convenient app for socializing.

Pros

Viber is one of the most easiest and user-friendly messaging and photo/video sharing app. I am using it since long time ago and the best feature in Viber is Video calling feature, we can easily call anyone with a single tap, it is very much user friendly which I like the most. and it is always fun in chatting with friends in a group in Viber.

Cons

I didn't find any big disadvantage of using Viber, but it don't send me notification when my phone is on power saving.

MS

Mohamed S.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Easy way to communicate with clients

Viber has been very helpful in communicating with customers/friends alike.

Pros

User friendly and easy share pictures and videos. You can create groups and chat multiple people simultaneously.

Cons

One of the features that needs enhancing is to make changing your profile easy. When you make groups on Viber, sometimes the profile and who is in the group is not very easy to see

AK

ADAM K.

Retail, self-employed

Good alternative to other communitators

I use group chat as a regular daily chat. I am very happy and satisfied with this communicator.

Pros

Viber uses end-to-end encryption which is safe for me. I can send texts, make calls completely for free. User interface makes this app very easy to use. I like Hi quality videos and good sound quality.

Cons

I couldn't find anything wrong with this app. I found small issues when I changed my mobile number. This may be a bit tricky.

Erick K.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Fast and effective communication via Viber.

Sincerely, a good experience. To be honest it's no big deal and there are a lot of similar tools out there, but I use Viber because it simply has everything that matters most, because of how light it is on my device, and because of its easy to use interface; plus the VoIP calls are very useful.

Pros

What I like most about Viber is that it is a very light application, it does not slow down my phone even if it is running in the background and it is very easy to use. I started using Viber quickly with my phone number, I use its service for calls, video calls and instant messaging which includes many features where I can share multimedia content or other types of files. This app has also benefited me with its "Viber Out" version which allows me to make VoIP calls to numbers outside the app; saving me more money than a regular call.

Cons

The quality of the video calls is not the most outstanding but it has been very helpful when I need to make it quickly and from my cell phone. Although Viber is used by many people, its popularity and reach is being overshadowed by other similar apps.

Apparel & Fashion, 10,001+ employees

Best chatting media for friends and families

Viber is a good messaging platform to have friendly chats rather than more professional. Im enjoying this media since its inception, even though there are several options in the field.

Pros

This is a good platform to chat with friends and families without be into more professional format. To enhance the experience Viber stickers, GIf and other options are really helpful. Even having a hidden option with password is really cool. Sticker segments for specializing country is one of the cool feature. Therefore can chat more closer with the friends, by giving real expressions what we want.

Cons

Viber is consume more data than the other messaging media. Therefore reluctant to get video calls and audio call through viber and other media give same feature with low data consume rates. Since viber is not more professional need to have a separate chatting media for that kind of groups, for an example for office work and etc. Viber for PC is not that much prefer because it need to download to the computer rather than whatsup have online version of it. (I didn't notice such a option like whatsup in viber)

EB

Evan B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

My honest opinion about Viber (User for 3 years)

My whole involvement in Energy has been positive, since I for the most part used it for our ordinary discussions with clients and companions. It has an enormous number of emojis, that I use in discussions with my companions. The main need is that I have a strong wireless association, which I generally have. It is unquestionably useful for the two organizations and individuals since it has a wide assortment of jobs and is very secure. It is, in my view, a great application. I've been utilizing it less as of late on the grounds that there are other, more well known programs. It is, in actuality, a rising programming.

Pros

Viber enjoys a few benefits, for example, various capacities to draw in and keep up with, continuous talks, calls, and video calls, correspondence cryptography, expanded degrees of classification and assurance, determinations to customize visits, a wide scope of emoticons and gifts, networks with an interminable number of respondents, and an assortment of gathering director choices. Viber's guidelines are not confined; they are very open.

Cons

We can't restrict a call from an undesired or obscure client on the grounds that Viber might not have a promotion hindering component. Unfortunate Web or 3G association strength corrupts sound quality. We can't involve Viber without the requirement for a Wi - fi availability, and we can contact people who have enlisted on Viber; there is no choice to dial landline numbers. When you register, it quickly tells you of who has your telephone number. Video conferencing isn't quite so powerful as different applications. The got information or photos are right away saved and kept in our telephone's stockpiling.

Shamal J.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Viber for University Students

Pros

Viber can be described as a social media platform which allow us to use instant messages service and online audio and video call features. We can create Viber account using our mobile number. We can send messages to our contact who are using Viber with out additional charges. Also we can make audio or video calls with them only spending our data. We can create groups in Viber which allows us to send...

Cons

Little bit more data consuming comparing other similar apps, Need more user interface customizing options.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Communicate Instantly with Viber

I am able to effectively communicate with my team members,family and friends in real time.It is both time saving,cost effective and brings results and it is a tool for business communication which is key to a company's development. I am able to upload files and share them with my work makes ,share daily reports with my supervisor as well as have meetings via Viber video call with my supervisor. Generally, Viber has been helpful in my day to day activites

Pros

The chat messages on Viber are instant and are delivered in real time as long as both parties have internet connection. Viber has very clear video calls which do not buffer , the call is seamless.The voice calls are also of great quality Viber is secure and the messages you send to colleagues are secured. It has a good graphics display,you can set and edit profile photos,change the privacy on who can see what. The fact that you can customise most settings to your individual preference such as wall paper or choose to remain with the default settings makes Viber more interesting

Cons

The quality of calls is not clear especially when the internet connection is slow or intermittent. Viber Video calls consume alot of data When Viber is active or being used,the phone battery life reduces very fast and you need to charge the battery again.

Lawrent M.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

A very good communication app for personal use

Viber has made it easy to communicate with my family and friends. It is highly customizable (appearance, media, calls and messages, notifications, privacy.

Pros

Viber is doing a great job at keeping in touch with people as a single chat app, or as a group and 'community' app. The software is easy to set up and use but is more for personal use, and youth-friendly (lenses and face filters effects). Sending pictures, videos, and of course instant messaging, is easy and fast.

Cons

There is nothing really negative about Viber. It still is an application I'm using for my personal needs, and it doesn't seem to really fit the professional world.

Imadur Rozan S.

Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 employees

Another best Whatsapp alternatives, but with more features!

Overall, even if its less popular from the rest of other social media apps, this chatting app is one of the best alternatives out there with lots of exclusive features that can't be found on other social apps especially like opening other 3rd party apps like YouTube or website without leaving the chat, so you can stay in focus on the chat! *PS : let's say that you accidentally make mistake while typing or texting something wrong, you still can delete the chat you sent EVEN the seen messages, helpful most of the times!

Pros

Just like the other social media on the app stores, this chatting app offers plenty of exclusive features and extensions that can be added to your chat to enhanced the social media experience right to the next level but still stick to the main idea and functionalities of chatting and video calling app. this app is one of the best chatting alternative out there if you're into using or working with different social media apps, its portability makes it possible to be used on multiple platforms both on mobile device (smartphone) and Laptop or desktop.

Cons

due to its rating and popularity, this social media app is less popular compared to another social media apps despite the plenty of features and extension this app has so it's kinda hard to find your friends or classmate that use the app over other social apps. also, if you happen to be travelling to another country, you'll be charged few bucks if you want better calls or video quality.

MA

Maha A.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Use the viber

Vary amazingly and perfect

Pros

Is nice And quality is good and l love the system

Cons

Is fast and easy and comfortable for me

LA

Loay A.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Easy chatting through viber

Hello I have been using this application for six months and it is a competitor application to WhatsApp and other social networking applications. I don't think it's very special, but it's okay. I recommend trying WhatsApp in general because it is more popular among users.

Pros

The Viber application is very economical compared to external calls on the hotline. Also, when sharing photos, it does not detract from its quality as in the competing application WhatsApp.

Cons

There are many spy and privacy problems in this application, including that it requires granting it powers that include changing files on the phone.

Textiles, 5,001-10,000 employees

Viber for day today work

Honestly it’s a really good social media app compare with other apps

Pros

In last two years I used this app for chat with my friends and my family members. Not only for chat, get video call audio call and share with my photos videos and other things. When new user create account with this app the app was informed me it’s really good thing to keep the connection these friends with easily. My favorite thing is Viber stickers, these stickers are really cool and I could get more fun with these stickers. “Viber for Desktop & Tablet” feature was easy my day today works. The interface is very simple to usual usage. The main advantage of Viber support many types of files. We can get Viber out call with low cost I love this feature because it’s save my money, to add this feature I have to connect my account with my PayPal.

Cons

But more famous stickers, we have to purchase. There is no feature to unknown call blocking so can’t block some numbers in this app. When I’m calling someone with low Wi-Fi connection the call quality was reduced.

WD

Wilfredo D.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

A review of a senior citizen as a viber user for many years

I have used viber for over 5 or more years. i have a lot of good experience on this application.

Pros

It is like a facebook messenger without facebook. We can talk to our families and friends

Cons

sometimes the application is lagging and i cant send a message

la

lyka angelic b.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Viber is very useful not only for personal but you can also use it to create a group chat

Pretty sure the I will use viber until end of the world since I am using it everyday

Pros

what i like in viber the most it is encrypted you cant use it into multiple device so all the data or conversation that you have there is safe

Cons

sometimes the notifications is not showing up or delayed maybe its because of the connections or your device doesn't t have enough space

Zura G.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best communication way

I use it every day my family aren’t with me an we have group chats and calls an we are always together with the help of this perfect app

Pros

Most of all I like it’s ease of use i can creat group chats very easily I can connect my family all day long especially when they are far I Like very very much international calls which has very good quality and best prices

Cons

I ove it so much I downloaded WhatsApp for people who don’t have viber (but people around me most of them are using viber) but it was very difficult for me to get used to it

Esad S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

A top choice for messaging and calls

I've been using Viber for a very long time, and it has become my go-to messaging and calling app. The platform is easy to use, with a clean and user-friendly interface, and offers a wide range of features for messaging, voice and video calls, and file sharing. The ability to use Viber on multiple devices has been especially convenient for me. The platform's encryption and privacy features have also given me a piece of mind when talking to my friends and colleagues.

Pros

The ability to use Viber on multiple devices, including my phone and laptop, has been very convenient for me. The platform's encryption and privacy features have also given me peace of mind when communicating with friends and colleagues. Overall, I find Viber to be reliable and feature-rich messaging and calling app.

Cons

Viber is cloud-based solution, which means it requires an internet connection to function. Not being able to access it at all times, especially when out of internet reach, is not optimal. Besides, it would be beneficial to add an incognito mode so that not everyone knows when you are online.

Radoslav B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Viber Review

I am using Viber for personal uses. I use it when I want to just chat or talk with some friends. I use it to chill out with them, to schedule a meeting, or just to share what's new around me. I easily share with them photos when I am on a trip, I easily send them funny stickers and we make a lot of fun with them. I think it will be also useful for business purposes, because of the easy communication, which is very needed, almost in big companies. All in all I pretty recommend this application, because you can easily download it on your iOS, Android phone, or even on your computer. It is free and you can easily make the modern 21-th century Internet conversations, which is all we need in the sphere of digital communication nowadays.

Pros

1. It is free software for messaging and making calls in the whole world. 2. It is very easy to use - all the menus are intuitive and without needless content. Everything function is accurate and clear. 3. It has authentication through your phone - it always asks if it is you - which is good protection. 4. The chats are encrypted - which again is good for security. 5. The application works fast and...

Cons

I have no idea what to say as cons, because with the latest updates till April 2019, everything looks very great and useful for my purposes. And I don't find anything that annoys me.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

viber- a qualitative medium to communicate

i have been using this for commuicating for personal conversations, family conversations, office communications. the best part of the app is, its too good for receiving high quality photos and documents. i am in love with this application

Pros

it gives best quality of photos and videos while receiving, and the application gets updated frequently, and calls made from it are so good,

Cons

it has some backup problems, once the app gets deleted , the contents gets deleted in normal case, and it runs good in high network only, it has notifications problem too, its very irregular with notifications

William V.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Viber is a great communication app

This app has made a lot of communication easier for me, with the group option and ability to manage multiple chats. It has its flaws but it is also very good and easy to use.

Pros

Viber allows me to communicate on multiple levels, whether personal (friends and family) or business (partners, business groups). It is very easy to use and convenient.

Cons

The fact that it consumes a lot of RAM memory on devices that it is used on. The push messages may be a bit over the edge sometimes. Also, the limit on file size is something that needs to be improved.

DT

Dimitar T.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Great solution for business and personal communication

I use viber both for personal and business needs. No bugs, no technical problems. I like both mobile and desktop version.

Pros

Viber is my primary communication app for personal contacts with friends abroad and my family. Great tool for group communication with my team. Viber saves me time and money and helps me to stay connected with my parents and friends.

Cons

There are no significant cons. Some times ads in messages are distracted but there is ok. You can mute some sender.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Viber Review

Pros

It is easy to setup. Very good application. It has a lot of features to compete with other similar applications.

Cons

Not much marketing. There are many users who do not use it. Video call is better than some similar applications , but worse than others.

CS

Christina S.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Viber: The best platform for communication

My overall experience with Viber is great! I use it to communicate family and friends, but also customers! When working on group projects, Viber comes in handy. I enjoy its functionality, all the Gifs and emojis. Viber has been beneficial to me, and I encourage my friends to use it for better communication. Though there are some features that I dislike about Viber, the benefits of Viber have made my experience worthwhile.

Pros

Viber allows me to send and receive free messages and calls; it is convenient and cost-effective, especially when the interlocutor is located in another country. Users who have installed the application are automatically picked and added to the buddy list, so it does not require permanent authorisation. It allows you to form a chat group with up to 100 members and receive Push notifications even when the app is turned off.

Cons

In order to use Viber you need an internet connection, either it is Wifi or data. This is not an actual problem for me, but it might be for others. Sometimes the quality of calls or videocalls is not that good.

Sandeep T.

Veterinary, 201-500 employees

Need Privacy ?? Choose Viber !

Phenomenal experience, Its just Smooth like butter. group chats and other stickers available here just make the chat fun.

Pros

The end to end encryption is the major functionality of viber. The data gets dissolved after few days. Here, unless the sent pictures are screenshotted if saved can be deleted from gallery if you delete it from chat. The viber let you have a HD call. These are the most liked feature of viber by myself.

Cons

what i dont like is it sending message when somone joins viber from your contact.

FV

Fabian V.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Viber the leading platform in communication and innovation.

Viber has allowed us to spread our brand or business in different parts of the territory of our country and why not say internationally, it is a very practical, intuitive and easy to use tool, we have cut many communication barriers especially in the most difficult stage that It was the Ccovid19 pandemic. I recommend it for its versatility and ability to communicate without cuts or system crashes.

Pros

Advantages of Viber You can hide your connection status or activity, so that other users do not know what your last interaction was for a period of time of a day or more. It allows the synchronization of other social networks such as Facebook, to upload photos, videos, etc. Share files without modifying their size or original content, whether these are documents, images or videos. It gives you high privacy, since you can hide the most important conversations with a security key. Notification of a message, without having to receive several each time these notifications are presented.

Cons

There are few inconveniences that I have noticed in this important platform, such as the annoying ads on the page, in short, this is the means of permanence and monetization not only of Viber but of many platforms.