Wethos Logo

Wethos

All in one software made for freelancers, by freelancers.

Wethos Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.67/10

Reviews by rating

The templates with recommended estimates are AMAZING, helping you create a fair proposal and top tier market value.
I love Wethos for the templates they have as resources on their platform. I was able to win $30,000 using these templates.
Some features not avail in Canada and no app yet so working from my phone isn’t the easiest.
None really.I wish I found it before I locked into another vendor. There is no migration from another vendor button - its all manual.

Yelle B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The Right Balance of Easy & Flexible

Pros

Wethos didn't take me long to set up. That's easy, yet it's not too basic. The platform gives me enough options to customize my experience. It's flexible, but not too bulky. I love making my invoices on Wethos because they look professional and they look the same every time! I also love chatting with the Wethos team because they are always looking for ways to improve and support their customers.

Cons

When I was running my creative agency, Wethos was not robust enough at the time. I was looking for a platform that had both proposals with 2-way signatures and invoicing and Wethos has not yet offered that. Over the years, they have integrated features like this. As a freelancer or smaller agency owner, the Wethos of today is enough.

CJ

CHRISTINA J.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Robust Tool

Overall, my experience with with those has been pretty good. It does lack one or two features that I feel would be very useful but overall it has met majority of my needs.

Pros

I love that there are scope pricing templates that you can adjust. It makes it very easy when I am on a discovery call with a potential client and I can adjust pricing real time.

Cons

The discontinuation of the payment processing is really going to mess up my workflow. I almost want to start looking at other tools. The other payment options are not executed in a way that makes any sense for my dynamic pricing. I’m being forced to add a Stripe Payment link and stripe will only create links for fixed price products/services and my pricing is dynamic.

CK

Chelsea K.

Social Media Manager - Sole User

Overall, I've continued to be impressed. I've been a user for a little over a year now. They have consistently made improvements to the platform, hosting feedback sessions for new features and they listen to their users.

Pros

The detail that continues to stand out the most to me is how responsive their customer support is. Any time I've experienced an issue or required additional support, the team at Wethos was extremely quick with resolutions and recommendations.

Cons

The biggest feature Wethos is missing falls under the CRM umbrella, where Wethos does not have automated emails built into the tool to schedule emails based on specific triggers in advance. For example, at the of the service agreement signed, it would be nice for an automated email to be sent to the client.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Templates are the key reason to use Wethos

I loved it. It helped me more from a process standpoint because I would just give these flat fees and not think about the ENTIRE scope which hurt me and the clients greatly.

Pros

I loved the templates and the billing breakdown.

Cons

I don’t want to abandon my existing payment workflow. I also never was able to “connect” with other people within the platform to help me build a team whic made me think that feature was broken. Plus I also ended up doing all of the work in a project myself. I would prefer if line items were tied to a Task, not a Role, especially for solopreneurs or those who couldn’t find someone else to parse projects out to within Wethos.

TW

Taylor W.

Computer Software, self-employed

Wethos makes life easier

Pros

Wethos is my one stop shop. From creating proposals, to now collecting deposits and payments, it’s full service for my needs. I also like being able to see insights about my earnings and budgets. No need for a separate quickbooks tab, I do it all from Wethos via the integration.

Cons

I’m excited for the ability to connect to and work with other freelancers when their Teams feature launches.

JR

Julianna R.

Design, self-employed

Finally a platform that is worth it

I love the wethos app, I had been using it for a while and recently signed up for the premium plan. I like that I have a separate account to receive payments and pay my freelance expense with ease.

Pros

I enjoy the easy payment processing options, project proposal, invoicing and transaction management

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to track transactions for taxes

Design, self-employed

I am in love with this efficient and cost effective solution!!

Pros

I love the ease, pre-built proposal and service templates, the interface, the ability to offer even more services , and the affordable!

Cons

I would love to see improvement with service price adjustment. Possibly a built-in calculator that all you have to do is enter in service amount and it tailors the package to fit your overall cost or even financial goal.

DH

Diamond H.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Next best Thing for Designers!

Pros

Wethos Customer Service is Top Tier. Over the years the product and service has gotten alot better. I like how the portal has boutique feel. It's simplicity in the UI/UX is what has keeps me coming back this application.

Cons

I joined when it was a new product. I don't have many complaints. I think the product is aging well.

Bk

Bridgette k.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Wethos Wins

Pros

What i like about Wethos is the user friendly capabilities. The software us straightforward. I like the invoice templates provided. Wethos provides a full service invoicing system from contracts and proposals to collecting real time payments. There are also several ways to collect payment including stripe, venmo, and bank transfer.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. Its a business asset.

James C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Excellent software for a small agency

I enjoyed Wethos overall, it’s easy to use.

Pros

I liked the templates for proposals and invoicing

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to customize proposals or find specific templates.

AO

Alexa O.

Straight to the Point

8/10. I enjoy it. It makes my job simpler.

Pros

I love the project scope templates. It gives me an idea of what other marketers are charging for similar projects.

Cons

It’s really nitpicking but the formatting on the proposals section doesn’t allow for bullet points

KB

Karin B.

Human Resources, self-employed

Perfect for freelance or virtual assistant businesses

Pros

Wethos is a game-changer for freelance and virtual assistant business owners. Its unique approach to matching professionals with purpose-driven projects, seamless team collaboration, simplified payment process, and commitment to professional growth make it an invaluable tool in today's gig economy. Thanks to Wethos, I have experienced increased job satisfaction, financial security, and professional development, making it an essential platform for any freelancer or virtual assistant looking to thrive in their career.

Cons

Nothing. I like it the way it is. I don't have anything negative to say.

AS

Aaron S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Aaron's view of wethos

Pros

Very easy to use program very self-explanatory in my lineup business.

Cons

There's nothing that I didn't like about we those were didn't understand

MD

Michael D.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

How can you be a small business and not use Wethos

Great experience overall. The best part about the product is when I have asked questions or made recommendations about the product the Wethos team has always reached out to discuss more and in some instances applied those recs.

Pros

Wethos brought me in with the low payment processing fee. Every dollar counts when running a small business and they make sure my money goes as far as possible.

Cons

I feel like some of the recommended pricing or service templates are high for the area that I am in. It would be nice to have adjustable pricing recs based on location. I might be asking too much with that though

Summer L.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Essential tool for getting projects & getting paid as a freelancer

A+. I log in to the system multiple times a week and will suggest it to any freelancer trying to figure out how to get started, what to offer, or what to charge.

Pros

It’s straightforward, always adding new features, and you can choose between a free version and a really great pro version that’s only $9/m. I’ve compared their pro version to like 20 other offerings and it’s the most affordable with the features I need.

Cons

Can’t think of anything I dislike. Would love to make it my one and only tool, which would require things like task management and time tracking, but maybe that’s just not the focus for them at this time.

MB

Melanie B.

Wethos changed the game!

I’ve had a great experience since I started using with those it really did change my business for the better.

Pros

I love the template features, and how fast I can create proposals and invoices for my clients. Before with those my proposal creation, consumed a lot of my time. Now I’m able to take more clients on, start projects, faster, and finish projects faster.

Cons

There are a few UI features that could be improved upon as far as placement goes.

AS

Amanda S.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Awesome for independent freelancers

I started using Wethos and was able to move away from an expensive alternative. I've been so happy and recommend it to all others in my position.

Pros

So easy to use as well as aesthetically pleasing. Wethos has everything I need for proposals, contracts, and invoicing.

Cons

I had a hiccup with editing my services and learning how it changes them in other areas, but just a bit of ramp-up to learn how things are integrated and work in this system. Thankfully it wasn't a big deal but I would recommend saving an uneditable copy of proposals and descriptions just in case.

Kenny S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Best place to make proposals

Pros

Everything has a banking system and invoice

Cons

Make invoices for I can send to my clients for marketing

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Perfect for startups - full featured project management + billing + ready to use templates

I evaluated as an alternative to my current solution.I liked wethos and migration was not an option at this time.

Pros

SimpleEasy to useReady to use templates help startups sell and be productive without having to reinvent the wheelBilling + invoicing is full featured and does not require knowledge of accounting to use

TB

Tasha B.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Wethos has been an invaluable tool for me.

My overall experience was great. Wethos has allowed me to scale my business with fewer headaches and hassles. I'm able to focus on the things that matter most: creating amazing content for my clients. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an all-in-one solution for their business. Wethos has been an invaluable tool for me. I'm able to access all the features I need in one place and get more done in less time. With Wethos, I've grown my business easily.

Pros

The best thing about Wethos is that it serves as a dashboard for everything I need for my media production business. I can manage my projects, collaborate with my team, and keep track of my finances all in one place. It's been a lifesaver in helping me stay organized and efficient.

PR

Prisma R.

Wethos is the best!

Overall Wethos has helped me organize and come up with projects and pricing as well.

Pros

I love everything about Wethos. I love that they have set up a way to make it easier for clients to make payments and automatically make invoices for you.

Cons

I don’t have anything bad to say! I think Wethos is overall amazing!

Lauren C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Most bang for your buck as far as payment processing/invoices go

Pros

That not only can I send invoices and organize my projects, but I can also process payments so that saves me from having three separate websites to go to and for a really low price

Cons

Their payment processing could be a little faster but it's just as fast as most other payment processors so I'm ok with it

AJ

Allen J.

Music, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Professional, affordable, empowering

Overall, I think Wethos has a lot of potential for my work as a creative. As mentioned earlier, to get the most value, I’d love to speak to a member of the Wethos team to see if there are capabilities I’m just not utilizing, or if there’s room for more.

Pros

I like that this allows me to present my creative work in a professional way. Having a starting point for communicating scope and setting expectations in the contract is great. A lot of people don’t value creative work and like to do shake hand deals. I like that this gets it out in the open.

Cons

I would love to see more contracts here for Music. I am a film music composer and a private music teacher and my peers and I would love to see more templates for the scope of 1:1 music coaching, and more templates for the life cycle of a film, tv series, or commercial. On a film, there could be 1 or 2 cues im creating, or there could be a whole list. I’d love to see some suggested contracts or templates to support my film work as a composer. I would love to speak to somebody on the Wethos team on a call to speak more.

AC

Antanas C.

Product designer's take on Wethos

Pros

I like the proposal builder which I use most frequently. Also, the template library helped me to build the service solution with ease.

Cons

When I return after a couple of days of not using it I always need to refresh the page for some reason. Else there is not much to complain about.

DW

Dena W.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Wethos helped me find my voice!

Pros

The reason I use wethos is the ability to help have the right-priced services, find the right partners, and communication with my clients. Well-rounded service - solution based team!

Cons

None today - hopefully it will continue to get better as times go on....