Wild Apricot Reviews - Page 7

Wild Apricot relieves stress

As a volunteer with a nonprofit organization that meets monthly, Wild Apricot has allowed me to automate a lot of the functions that took hours and caused a lot of stress. My advice is to take Wild Apricot in the morning and relax.

Pros

Cons

Difficult to change some web pages without completely changing the template.

Excellent Source for Maintaining Membership Records & Sending Emails-Reliable & Accurate!

We have depended on Wild Apricot to maintain our membership records and distribute emails for about 4 years. This system is very reliable and efficient.

Pros

Dependable

Cons

Text in emails doesn't always appear the same as it looks to me.

Wild Apricot Pulls out the wool over users eyes

Membership tracking is great.

Pros

I love the product but the recent announcement of a 20% surcharge if users continue using PayPal instead of WA (Wild Apricot's own system AffiniPay) with no notice hurts Non Profits and in particular Charities. Their response to queries has been dismal. Very disappointing.

Cons

Forced to pay extra fees if you don't use Wild Apricot's payment system.

50/50

Pros

Once you understand the main parts work well, however, more integration is needed. Usually, the helpdesk/support desk are very prompt with their answers to my queries, even given the time difference between us.

Cons

The software is clunky and sometimes the parts do not work as seamlessly as they should with each other. Also, the lack of a Full Backup facility is a major headache and handicap!

Does the job but feels very outdated

It is functional and works, but has a lot of room for improvement--especially with the increase in cost.

Pros

It was very nice to have a software to organize our membership. The software was built into the website directly, so members can directly renew their membership while browsing the website. You can build different user permissions into different levels.

Cons

The UI of the websites you build with this and the backend feel outdated. I feel like the event tool could be more powerful, especially with how powerful you can easily build websites with Drupal/Wordpress. It would feel more like a membership program if the events could be dynamic with attendees, volunteers, being able to list what is still needed, etc. We found ourselves moving to Facebook or Next Door a lot to interact with our members. Also, in the span of one year, our plan went up by $20/month, which was an extra $240 a year for our small, local advocacy group.

Administrator review

Pros

Ease of use and the reports that are available.

Cons

I am not notified each time a payment is received from one of our members. I'm sure I just have to set a flag, which I do not know about.

Wild Apricot Review

Excellent

Pros

Offers everything you need to run an association and its ease of use and price.

Cons

E-mail product is inferior to other services.

Wild Apricot is essential to the running of our organization.

Pros

Every feature is useful. Being able to run everything through one portal is what makes Wild Apricot worth using. Memberships, events, emails, finances, merchandise, polling and more add up to a product that is worth the cost.

Cons

The product is great and updates often, so suggestions for additional services are not a complaint but a recommendation. One feature I would like to see added is secure elections. Most professional organizations have to run secure elections and we often have to use a third party to be able to do this.

Love Wild Apricot

I've built and maintain 16+ sites on Wild Apricot. Very easy software to use and edit. Great association membership tools. Mobile sites work perfectly.

Pros

Easy of use

Cons

A little expensive for the lesser tiers. Would like to see tool where I can schedule a future eblast.

We're Wild about Wild Apricot!

Our organization simply could not exist without Wild Apricot. The platform, the people, the price...they're all absolutely the best.

Pros

Functionality - does everything we want it to do

Cons

There is nothing about this software that we don't like

Simple and Scalable Membership Management CRM

We've been using Wild Apricot for almost two years. It has simplified many aspects of our administration. Primarily, the tracking of students and their membership status that sends automated renewal reminders via email is what I appreciate the most. Email invoicing is also appreciated as it allows instantaneous notification to our clients and students. Allowing us to manage separate general and student contact lists helps us to target our emails depending on topic. As we are a growing organization, the tiered payment plan is helpful keeping our overhead costs down but still fair. We haven't fully explored the other benefits of Wild Apricot but already it has made our lives more efficient.

Pros

- Tiered Pricing Plan - Integrated Contact and Members List for Event Promotion - Membership Auto Renewal Email Reminders - Invoicing and Email Notification

High Praise for Wild Apricot

Great features, flexibility, and functionality for this non-profit targeted software platform. We use it for the database, website, blast communications, and event management. We've been using it for 3 years and are big fans!

Pros

Robust functionality and integration

Great Business Tool

Wild Apricot has been a great tool for this organization and I recommend it as "TRULY OUTSTANDING" It is a very user friendly and their customer service as well as technical support is expeditious when needed.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

I like everything about it.

Excellent platform for a nonprofit organization

Overall, the WA platform has served our 200-member organization very well, and we recommend it sincerely. We switched from using WordPress for our website, MailChimp for email, and EventBright for event management -- so having everything in one place really streamlines our process.

Pros

This platform includes all the core features you'd expect: CMS, website, member database, email, event management, donations, polls, store/ecommerce, and more, all nicely integrated for ease of use.

Cons

The cost is a little pricey and the website management UI is a bit clunky, however neither is prohibitive.

Best Product out there!

I love Wild apricot! I came across them by accident when I was trying to find a way to handle my membership and classroom events. They are easy to use with either drag and drop or custom HTML. Their event system allows you to schedule events and take payments right online. The email system is amazing and allows you to notify your members they've expired or where the event is being held with templates. Love, love this product!!

Pros

The event system.

Cons

Nothing

Our system had a failure and we could not access information, this was quickly and efficiently resolved by Wild Apricot.

Pros

The back office admin capability

Cons

I would like the web design capability to have some more creative designs

Wild Apricot works for us!

We use Wild Apricot for keeping track of & invoicing our contacts. We find that the site is user-friendly and integrates well with QuickBooks. Also, I was able to create our website from scratch with no former experience. Also, I am able to easily make any changes to our website at any time, from anywhere! I would recommend the site to any company! Julie Riedl IL State License Holding Company, Inc.

Pros

Having the ability to make changes to our site at any time!

Cons

The price was a little less when we joined, and it went up soon after we signed up. I wish it was a little less, since we only use it for billing and to house our website.

Excellent!

Product/Service has a ton of features. Support is always A#1. I'm supporting almost 1,000 members using Wild Apricot.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pricing - need more tiers.

Good software for organizations/event planning

The site is intuitive and has all the features we need to operate our organization that provides membership and training events.

Pros

Intuitive interface, ease of use.

Remarkably Good Software

Wild Apricot is great software. Perfect for the not-for-profit industry. Fully-featured, easy to use and responsive support.

Pros

Fully featured

Cons

No negatives

Wild Apricot is the best

I've looked at many others and nothing beats Wild Apricot for a professional and easy to use a system that has all the features I need. It is not cheap but it is definitely worth the cost if you want a good, reliable and membership system with the integrated website.

Pros

Great look and feel. Intuitive and well integrated Complete with invoicing and emails and website Continual improvements and enhancements Excellent help system and support

Cons

It is pricey but you get more than you pay for, in my opinion.

Wild Apricot Fills the Need

Provides all the functionality needed to run a small non profit organisation ... and support is superb and FAST!

Pros

Support and range of management tools in one place

Cons

Missing some functions specific for our needs

Loved using wild Apricot to manage our group of 300

Overall I would use apricot again for large group management.

Pros

We used Wild Apricot to manage about 300 dues paying members. The annual dues collection was great as well as the ability to make different areas for different levels of membership. Then registering for events and collecting money was easy.

Cons

We really joined hoping for a listserve functionality and the developers kept prromising one but it never actually happened. The web site builder was not as intuitive as current web builder out there today..

Can't Imagine Using Anything Else...

I was looking for a way to wrangle thousands of members, and build a website for them as well. After several failed attempts using other methods, I came across Wild Apricot, and as the saying goes, the rest is history. Wild Apricot's software is second-to-none, and using it, I was able to launch my business successfully.

Pros

So easy to use - and if I happened across anything difficult, my exchange with WA's customer service explained it to my satisfaction.

Cons

I can't really say I experienced any.

Was great. Now terrible.

Stay away! This company is falling apart. See cons comments.

Pros

Used to work very well. Lots of features and descent integration. For 2+ years I loved this software. Not anymore.

Cons

After the company was sold and the CEO left the price went up and the quality dropped- a lot! Customer money was being taken and the payment info wasn't propagating through the software. In other words customers were paying and not getting what they paid for. WA tech said the problem was contained to two days only, then to 12 days... here I am a month later and the problem is still occurring! Their best solution was a suggestion to no longer use paypal because their integration with WA was bad. They support paypal integration then say not to use it. Insane. Thousands of dollars wasted and a ton of frustration. I am switching to a word press based platform.