Zenbership Reviews

3.95/5 (37 reviews)

John Maizels

We tailored/launched Zenbership in 4 days; support issues hold back realisation of full potential.

Reviewed 2018-06-19

Zenbership has enabled our NFP to operate in a manner which looks clean and effective (the member signup process has a very smooth appearance), and our volunteer committee spends almost no time dealing with membership issues. If it were not for the lack of support process or timely response, this product would be rated 8+The software is highly tailorable, appears to be well written, and has very rich function. It's an extraordinary product, especially good value at the price. It's also very quick and light on resources. Onboarding members is a completely hands-off process, and renewal processing is largely automatic. The helpdesk-format interface for admins allows most tasks to be handled easily. Backing out a financial transaction (eg: a refund) is especially easy.

Richard Temple

No Title

Reviewed 2019-01-16

For managing a group association or club it is great. if you can figure it out. with the updated standards you can't attach anything to an email but composing and sending worked fine After 1 year I had to deactivate the software as it refused to cooperate with me about the activation/deactivation membership feature. I am now looking for something else that works . It has almost everything you need for managing an association from small to large It sets up easily when you have the correct server software Technical knowlege is not critical Worked almost perfect for about a year. I managed to explore and solve all problems except 1.

Frank Eigler

We eventually abandoned this after three tries. Seems to require more tech knowledge than we possess

Reviewed 2018-06-21

A better appreciation of our technical limitations.The feature set is impressive and seems to offer a very robust all-in-one package. The ability to publish events and manage payments was most enticing, as was the ability to customize certain areas of the site.

Rita Pourshar

Established program with great potential

Reviewed 2016-03-29

The program has been around for a while but recently went open source. Despite that it has incredible promise. I downloaded it about a month back when it first went open source and since then they've released an update and have another one coming. What it does you ask? A lot. First of all, it is free. Despite that, it feels like it shouldn't be. The program is a membership tool, so you can build a custom database with custom fields, but it is also a full shopping cart and a email and sms marketing platform. It has a CRM system built it which they seem to be going heavy on improving even though for my purposes it works very well. The developers are very responsive and even answered some of my questions without making me buy the support plan. That was pretty cool of them. The reason it gets a 4 and not 5 is because the CMS and template editor could be improved a little, but that's splitting hairs. I talked to Jon and he told me they have an aggressive update schedule planned for the summer and part of that will be updating the CMS tool. Can't wait to see what that brings. Installation requires a little technical knowledge, but they have a video walking you through the steps. That's helpful. Overall, exceptional. It does everything very well. Highly highly recommended!

Joan Donogh

Powerful Membership Program

Reviewed 2016-04-05

I installed this for a client that needed to create a membership section on their website, and also needed to upgrade and centralize their customer database (at the time several employees had Excel spreadsheets with different information). They have been using Zenbership since it's inception (and it's predecessor ppSD2 before it). It is a very powerful program with tons of features - and as such, the learning curve is pretty steep as there is so much available. Once you do get the hang of it, it is very flexible and you can set it up to suit your needs. We were also able to get custom programming done to add additional features to meet the company's business needs. Unfortunately, while custom programming was a selling feature, it turns out the the admin section was not built in a pluggable way to allow for custom functions. Every time there is a program update, our custom programming is lost. Maybe this will change with future development.

Anonymous

Quick and easy to set up a paid membership portal

Reviewed 2018-06-15

It was a low cost and easy way to get a paid membership site up and running. It would have been far more time consuming and cost prohibitive to attempt to set something up like this in Drupal or WordpressThis software was very easy to set up and because it was open source I was able to fully understand how it worked and even make some changes. The plugins were extremely helpful, especially for making member profile pages. We were easily able to connect Zenbership to our payment processing service and get things moving quickly.

Will Wills

After juggling back and forth between CMS programs, we found Zenbership had everything we needed.

Reviewed 2018-06-19

We liked the versatility and the customization Zenbership offers. Many of the other CMS programs wouldn't allow you to see their source code or allow us to make changes to better suit our needs.

Hassan Al-Khirsany

it is great but needs a bit of improvement

Reviewed 2018-06-20

managing our non for profit organization fits with different organizations needs. I like the way database was set and the way it handles the information.

Scott Steele

Perfect Solution!

Reviewed 2016-03-31

This has been a great find! I was searching about a month for a member management system, when I discovered Zenbership software on Hotscripts. To save time, I chose to have the system installed on my host server by the Castlamp specialists, and now I'm almost ready to go live with it. The page customization tools allowed me to create member pages quickly, and connect them to member sections on my website. The pages utilize the latest php and html script too. I'm impressed with the versatility that is built into the system, and how easy it is to change and then test the different options, such as, Email handling, registration handling, or managing member content. It took a couple of days to comprehend the system layout, but it is built to be intuitive, so I picked it up easier than I thought I would. The documentation covers just about everything, and Castlamp support(if you opt for the installation) is there when you need them.

Vaughn Hunter

Reviewed 2018-09-25

We hope to increase communications with our 400 club members with the news and events capablities, and we hope to simplifiy dues collection with the subscriptions sending reminders and providing a means to pay for dues / paries via cards on the web. The admin dashboard is intuitive for the most part and the user interface menu is customization from the dashboard. Their install video and instructions are very clear. The event management is very capable. all the rosters (members, vendors etc) are easily tailored with additional fields and additional sub categories. Blocks of Emails can easily be sent

Brad Berry

I'm loving it!

Reviewed 2016-03-17

Pretty amazing piece of software that I'm using for my membership site. PROS - it does a LOT - set it and forget it type of deal. Once you're past the initial setup, it pretty much runs itself. You just check it, contact your leads, set up your campaigns, run your reports, etc. - the dashboard design is pretty beautiful - integrated easily with my payment gateway, and easy to set up all types of products like subscriptions and trial products, - crm is a nice touch for reminding me to contact leads and tracking ad campaign value/effectiveness - they seem to be very actively updating the software - installation was very easy - it's completely free! CONS - at times the UI can be confusing, but once you figure it out it makes sense - the learning curve is steep, probably because there's so much stuff working together here - integrating it with your site requires some html knowledge - wasn't for me, but for some it might be... the program needs to be installed on your web server, meaning it isn't a cloud product

Jason Cole

My search is over

Reviewed 2016-04-10

Top notch software here that's .... free! I communicated with them on and off about the software's capabilities and found that it does a lot of what I've been using other software to accomplish. So far I've been able to central 3 applications into this tool, saving me over $120/month! Those being my email newsletters, my subscription management, and my event management. The funny thing is that i'm pretty sure I'll be able to use if for even more than that, I just haven't gotten to digging in fully yet. Setup wasn't that bad, but be aware that you will have to install it on your website. They offer an installation service very cheap though ($99 if I recall correctly) so it isn't a big deal in the end. That comes with some support to get you started learning the software as well! Bottom line is this software does a lot, and it does it pretty darn well for a free open source tool. I recommend it!

Steven Thirlwall

Great tool that is simple, user friendly and VAST

Reviewed 2018-06-19

increased workflow and reliability.free - this is great for a NFP easy to use - from the front and back end views highly customisable - can make it on brand and a single platform for all our needs

Nicole Peters

Free and fabulous!

Reviewed 2016-03-10

I must admit that I am quite impressed with Zenbership. For my ecommerce needs, I needed a CRM platform that would be easy in terms of set-up and stress-free in terms of operation for my employees too. I am glad I found Zenbership while checking my options in Capterra. I am especially impressed with their ecommerce features like managing and selling subscriptions and their email campaign management. Why I would give Zenbership a thumbsup is because it is not only free (open source), it is also easy to set up (integrates well with your website) and simple to operate. And the support team is pretty nifty too! Highly recommended!

Justin Wells

Using To Sell Video Content

Reviewed 2016-03-04

I found Zenbership online through Capterra's directory. The program is a free tool in the sense that there are no licensing fees, which was surprising because it has a lot in it. There was some initial setup that needed to be done that I wasn't technical enough to do, so I paid for an implementation and some customizations and they integrated it with my website. They created all my forms, imported my members, and branded it for me. They also made me a tool to publish my videos from Vimeo directly on my site and then sell access to them. All that ran me ~2k. Very reasonable. The experience was very good overall and I would highly recommend Jon and his team.

Anonymous

Looks promising, but also looks abandoned

Reviewed 2018-12-15

I have a lot more to learn about this software, but I’m afraid to commit to it because of the lack of maintenance & engagement on their own site. Their social media looks to be abandoned as well…I just can’t trust this software.It's an open source alternative that appears to have all the bells and whistles of other membership platforms without the price tag. Installation was fairly easy, dashboard is clean & code is wide open which makes it highly customizable.

ron dormozi

probably the best open source member software

Reviewed 2016-03-05

I was a firm believer in wild apricot, I had it on 4 sites for user management but their customer service was so-so at best. They were never truly able to solve my problems with a single ticket. I gave zenbership a try and have never looked back. I was able to configure everything myself and now all of my sites background is sorted by a single tool. I now have 6 sites (members only subscription sections, selling pdf files , selling photography, photography forum, reselling junk that I buy from overseas, and a consulting website that has a free subscription for news letters) All of my sites are free and on zenbership. Just simply try it, you won't look back.

Ed Chalon

Was a slow start to learn, because of all the features

Reviewed 2018-06-14

The way to classify membershipsThe ability to create classes in the membership, ease of deployment, being able to understand what code segments were in use was easy

Scott Tewney

Worth it

Reviewed 2016-03-19

Using this on my health website to manage members and sell membership/products. It solved a big problem i had of finding software that could manage leads and members but also sell physical and digita goods online. Little bit of curve to learn but there is documentation and videos and support to help you along. I anticipate this becoming a big name in the market as they continue to streamline and expand it, which they seem to be doing quite a bit lately. Recommended if you're looking for an open source tool and don't mind the setup that comes with it (which isnt as bad as i thought it would be).

Kerrin Banner

A good bit of software

Reviewed 2016-03-11

Zenbership has made the job of managing subscriptions a lot more simple. There are a few areas where minor bugs need ironed out and I am hopeful these will be resolved in the April 2016 release. It would benefit from some off the shelf third party integrations for such things as xero accounting . In combination with stripe payment gateway it has made a real difference to my operation.

Richard Letts

Needs a lot of SQL Work, not good for visually impaired

Reviewed 2017-10-15

It is free, and appears to have a lot of rich functionality. You have the source, and if you have the time you might be able to fix the niggles.

Scott Reynolds

Managing My Business Got Much Easier!

Reviewed 2016-03-17

Before I learned about Zenbership, I was struggling with several different pieces of software I needed for my eCommerce website selling flooring supplies - one for invoicing, one for customer relationship management and one for managing my store. Zenbership helped me streamline everything that is happening at my eCommerce website at one place and best of all its free. Since I integrated it, managing my business has gotten much easier!

Too difficult to use

Reviewed 2018-06-22

I was unsuccessful in getting any benefits from this product.The sales pitch sounded good. The price was right (initially; my time was worth too much to continue with the frustration). To be fair, I attempted to implement this platform about four years ago and I have not looked back at it again. It could be better documented today. I have moved on to other projects.

Sam Vada

Can't ask for much more

Reviewed 2016-04-15

We're talking about a free solution here so i felt obliged to post this review. The product is solid and handles our subscriptions and authentication very well. We've started using it for email campaigns recently as well and that has been very useful, what with using criteria to eatablish who gets a drip or emails. Top notch, recommended. 4 starts instead if 5 because the User friendliness could use some work, but apparently that's already started so let's call it a 4.5

Hafsah Khan

Satisfied and Proud User

Reviewed 2016-03-15

Reluctantly availing services of Zenbership at first but now it put me into much ease after taking the bar off our shoulders due to its some outstanding features. Our software became handier after their administrative dashboard as it allow me one click access to all the details from anywhere. Content building added an extra grasping quality to our website. Zenbership is defiantly a MUST have tool making it lot easier. Very pleased and satisfied.