Cherwell Reviews

Cherwell

Customizable IT service management solution

Cherwell

Cherwell is a solid technical support software suit

Pros

Cherwell is very through and can support many types of help tickets for all types of support events. I specifically like the ability to past in screen shots from clients and the ability to rout the ticket to a specific person or team for support. It is easy to search for tickets and keep your support organized.

Cons

The dashboard can look busy and is difficult for newer users to navigate. Training is necessary for new users as there is a bit of a learning curve.

Robust Product

My experience with Cherwell is that it is very intuitive and a breeze to navigate through. Implementation can be as basic as Incident Management, or to include the whole suite of features and fuctionality. Cherwell training is engaging and concise, making for quick and easy answers to questions.

Pros

Full range of functionality and ability to implement components individually

Cons

Best ITSM system in the market

Everything is configurable in Cherwell so you don't need any code skills. It integrates well with other systems and is low cost.

Pros

Low cost and highly configurable

Great Transition

Currently implementing Cherwell, coming from a BMC solution. As the Cherwell Administrator, I found the the admin client a little different to navigate at first. However, once I became comfortable in the tool, I was very pleased in the actual ease of use and the power of it. I am able to do things in Cherwell that I never could in our previous solution. I look forward to unlocking even more of its capabilities.

Pros

It is easy to maintain and to configure functionality.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the blueprints. Currently we would only have a single admin working at a time but the idea of stepping on toes and overwriting someone's work worries me.

Service Management built to support your structure without the need to compromise

The best thing I have experienced in moving to Cherwell is we did not have to build our internal processes around what the software is capable of doing. The beauty in Cherwell is the flexibility to build and shape it however you wish to support your infrastructure. Your service desk your way

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Sometimes get lost in the options.

Heading into a great direction with Cherwell.

Came into the Cherwell project late in the project. However, my experience with then so far has been great. When talking to support they are willing to spend the time and make sure I understand. Excited about joining a user group to learn more about the product.

Pros

What you can do with the product, the flexibility in the product.

Cons

NA

Awesome product

Codeless technology is exceptional. Upgrades are very cost effective because they dont break things.

Pros

Codeless technology.

Cons

User Interface

Excellence of Execution and Usability

Resolving Technical issues with wireless internet by taking tickets and resolving through communication and review from processes

Pros

User Interface is easy to use, does not take long to understand all functions and maximize efficiency and properly resolve or transfer help desk related issues for results. The journal allows for users to communicate important notes and updates on tickets to ensure ability to find resolution is maximized

Cons

I did not find much that I do not like about it, it functions and works as expected and provided tools to which you can functionally resolve issues.

Implementing Cherwell took longer than expected but the results were worth the wait.

Pros

I enjoyed the support user experience. The layout is customization and easy to configure to fit the needs of each team that uses it. The permissions are granular, I was able to configure views for several teams while keeping the content team specific. The Knowledge Base management is put together very well. I found the asset tracking out of box experience pleasant also.

Cons

I would like to see more UI themes. Managing the AD integration was very difficult without third party support. It is very import that a qualified consultant is used with setting up and configuring Cherwell to fit your needs.

This is our ticketing system

We track trouble tickets and have cases that are attached to the tickets that way we can keep track of work

Pros

Keeps track of incidents and cases that have been created and we use this to help people with any kind of trouble tickets

Cons

It's very hard to integrate with. The options don't always work and once the incident has stayed you can find that it doesn't exist even if it has numbers. The customer reps aren't always helpful

Cherwell was decent but with too much customization it become cumbersome and clumsy.

The best benefit is the ability to create and track tickets for your Service Desk, I would warn that you try to use it as out of the box as possible.

Pros

Cherwell has a great user interface and a low learning curve. We were able to use it rather easily after we had done the customization.

Cons

Customization is difficult and leads the the overall experience to decline I think. We had very specific needs and the changes we made were not done too well, especially since the consultant we had didn't know how to do them. We had to make all the changes ourselves and the system ended up slow and clumsy.

Great Service

Pros

Issues that are raised are addressed very quickly.

Cons

The hosted solution has had some performance issues. We expect this to not be an issue when moved to AWS

All solutions in one place - Best Service Management Software

Incidence tickets are nicely cataloged. and faster retrieval of information of these tickets, all productin incidences are handled through Cherwell.

Pros

Best thing about this tool is everything is at one place, change request,incidence ticket , knowledge ticket, etc. The search option is good, only request number is required and it gives you all tickets and referred tickets from that request number. Also it is easy to use. User friendly GUI.

Cons

As of now there is nothing that comes in this section. All features are good.

Cherwell Service Management

The corporation I am a member of is a new customer of CSM. The Cherwell Team stood by it's statement that their customer's are important to them. We had some bumps along the way with an external consultant and when we asked Cherwell to help, they stepped in and got us back on track. For the first time, I am able to have confidence and ability to say "yes" our ITSM tool has the capability to achieve what is requested.

Pros

Ability to configure the system and utilize workflows to accomplish automation without programming skills.

Great Management Software

Cherwell is a great tool to use and stand up for use. This is a highly recommend software. The field and help desk love this

Pros

All tools are met

Cons

None yet

Bane of my existence

I would seriously consider NOT working for a company that uses this software for change control.

Pros

There isn't anything I DO like about this software.

Cons

It's slow, clunky, looses my actions constantly. Submitting a change request is an arcane ritual of pain and suffering to ensure it gets through all the channels.

Lovin' Cherwell Service Management!

Vetting the application we saw an incredible application that would serve our current needs as well as allow for ample growth for our IT Operations as well as HR and possibly other departments within our company.

Pros

The functionality and the capabilities. The automation continues to amaze me with the possibilities!

Cons

My learning curve as a new admin is a bit daunting, but glad to have access to user groups and forums.

Cherwell Rocks

Cherwell helped with automating a lot of our operations which helped save our corporation time and money.

Pros

Cherwell has unlimited possibilities.

Cons

None

Great product!

Pros

Easy of use, codelessness, frequent updates

Cons

there are some limitations that come with codeless configration

Cherwell Review

Pros

It's very handy to have issues and changes log and assign to specific users/groups, we were using this software more than 6 years, it also sends notifications to respective users.

Cons

Performance point of view it's little slow.

Cherwell Review. Great Experience so far.

Pros

This product is very flexible in such many ways. And it also has creating multiple threads for multiple projects.

Cons

Not so much, I would love if the interface can be more editable or costumizable, it will really helps the user a lot.

Cherwell Review

Cherwell is the CRM being used to track ticket submissions and acts as a KCS tool.

Pros

Cherwell is great from an end user point of view. Provides the functionality to create tickets and work though an escalation flow with ease.

Cons

It is very tedious to setup with many manual steps required. To do small things like set up a dashboard multiple mini steps are required.

ITSM baked in

In a previous job for another organization, we used Cherwell as helpdesk software. It can do much more, however: CMDB, etc.

Pros

Cherwell is awesome, in that it's completely built around ITSM, meaning that if you're an ITSM shop, it already speaks your language.

Cons

It's really configurable, which is a good thing, but there's a bit of a learning curve to be able to make it how you want it. Almost like learning a new programming language

Lacking Service Platform

None - honestly am disappointed with this program.

Pros

The dashboards are pretty neat looking. When it works it can be very smooth and doesn't appear to be "hard" on the machine.

Cons

I wanted to like this product, but unfortunately there are simply much better products out there. - Static windows means you are constantly adjusting your screen when you open tickets (what is this - '98?) - Not as user friendly as you'd expect - "Cherwell Writer" for creating custom reports (metrics, etc) is extremely complex

New Cherwell Customer

We just made the decision to implement Cherwell Service Management to replace our existing system. Throughout the RFP process, they were the leading vendor. They have the functionality and flexibility we need, but most importantly, their sales, engineering, and support teams are very customer focused and honest.

Pros

Distributed administration, multiple integrated service catalogs, mergable Apps, great Customer Service!

Cons

Nothing to see here!