Crisp

All-in-one multi-channel solution for customer messaging

Crisp Reviews

Pros

It has several customisation options and good tools to anticipate and get to know the customers' needs better. Provides a good customer support experience and good for conversions.

Luis D.

Just what we needed and very easy to set up. Custom settings were great and free which was most important.

Séamus K.

I liked Crisp's ease of integration between several other apps and programs that we were already using to improve our chat across offices and states during the business day.

Cons

Back in the day they had a feature which allowed you to search for exact words in the chat, nowadays the filters can be confusing.

Sometimes the chat widget doesn't load or the mobile apps crash.

Daniel S.

4.5

Amazing Customer Service and a Great Chat App

Crisp chat has totally replaced our other chat program for my startup at a very fair price. Their set up was a breeze, according to our Marketer, and I personally think their customer support is excellent. You have the ability to add gifs and customize the chat to whatever degree you want. It has really been good for us!

Pros

They are very fair about pricing and their customer support is amazing. I had an issue with a duplicate account being created, and their support not only walked me through the problem and helped me solve it, but they also were super nice and friendly and made the whole experience lovely. Plus, their docs are amazing and very helpful!

Cons

The only problem I had was an accidental duplicate site being created. When I signed up it sent me to what seemed like the correct site, but was actually a copy of ours. This was fixed very quickly though!

Thank you very much for that nice feedback !

Good solid website chat app

We have 3 different websites that all use Crisp, and it allows us to very quickly switch between the sites and continue multiple chats at the same time among sites. We operate during regular business hours and so do not respond to chats outside of those hours. It would be great if we couldn't control a little more what the chat icon did (or if it even appeared) when outside those hours, but we currently use the bot to let people know we are unavailable and to leave us a message. With the smartphone apps, we can reply to chats even when we are away from our desks. We also have a robust helpdesk, which is part of the Unlimited plan.

Pros

Simple but very powerful. It is quite customizable, and there are a ton of plug-ins. One of the most useful is the auto-translate feature, which allows both sides to type in a different language, and it automatically translates for you. The Visitor map shows us information on where our clients our, to help direct them to the correct site, and the magic browse can let us see how they interact with the site if there is an issue. The built in helpdesk is great. The bot, while still a little bit buggy for more complicated things, is immensely helpful.

Cons

We found it more difficult than we thought it should have been to have an auto message saying we are closed. It would be nice to have the option to disable chat and/or redirect them to the helpdesk when outside of business hours. I had initially created a large bot that would try to answer the 5 most common questions we got by funneling the customer through certain questions, but then found there...

Fraud for the user

We started our service August of 2018. We wanted to integrate with our Shopify store. They promised us that the integration would be done within 1 month and that we should upgrade to the pro plan for that integration and the new version which they called V3 - VERY long story short - they continued lying to us for 1.3 years! They said the upgrade would come in Dec, then Jan, then March, then end of...

Pros

The software was extremely glitchy - both on the phone as well as the desktop. The "magic browse" literally never works - although they use it as a very large upsel. The support was terrible and they defrauded us as will for an entire year.

Cons

Notifications do not go away, you have to redownload all the time, extremely glitchy poor service and is not user friendly. If you are looking for a chat software - I highly suggest going with someone more stable such as intercom , Gorgias, or another one with excellent reviews.

Hey there, I can understand how frustrated you can be regarding the absence of your desired feature. It's not a reason to degrade our image. Our software works really properly and all the other reviews are here to prove it. The support has never defrauded you, we delayed the released of your feature that may come someday. We never forced you to stay with our product (that you've been using for more than a year). Sorry that you feel disappointed. Regards, Crisp team

Really great product

I am using Crisp for all customer support and queries via website chat and incoming emails. I am also using the Helpdesk for my knowledge base. I have been using Zendesk for quite a while and have also tried Intercom but for my purpose Crisp definitely is the best by far. Those others have their place but for myself, as a small company Crisp is really outstanding in what it does. It is also less than half the cost. The automated bot is fairly easy to configure and a more advanced automated bot with workflow is also available. I am on the most expensive "unlimited" plan and find it very good value for money.

Pros

Very easy to use and friendly user interface. Much more intuitive to configure compared to others.

Cons

It would be nice if the offline app could "remember" the helpdesk articles when offline so they can be quoted in message replies that are composed offline. I am regularly away from data connection and so I receive new messages while connected then often have to compose my reply while away from connection... to be able to quote helpdesk and message shortcuts while offline would be nice.

Great live chat system, even better help docs

Overall Crisp is an excellent platform, especially for what they charge. Their pricing is one of the things that attracted me to their platform, in addition to all the features. It makes communication easier, especially since it integrates several channels into one platform. Allows us to reply quickly, in many cases, instantly. They just need to fix never-ending conversations, and I'll be 100% happy.

Pros

Crisp is an excellent live chat and communication tool for support and sales. It's easy to use, has a mobile app that I use to reply to queries, and it also integrates other platforms like Twitter DMs, Telegraph, Line. We use Twitter DMs often as prospects and clients tend to DM us sometimes. In addition to chat itself, I really do like their help docs solution (knowledge base). It's very easy to manage, has very nice and clean design, and offers really good JS SDK for integrating with your website/apps. It's nice to be able to display articles in modal on our website.

Cons

My biggest issue with Crisp are never ending conversations. There's no way to have separate conversations with the same customer, old conversations get dragged into new conversations. It really needs a way to keep conversations separate, similar to other platforms like Intercom. For example, it sends out chat transcript after an hour of inactivity in chat. Problem is, that transcript might use subject line from an older conversation and/or include older conversation in the transcript. When I chat with Crisp's support and experience platform as a customer, those things are a bit annoying. Not a deal-breaker, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

Thank you for this nice review :) We will try to improve the feature you are talking about !

Love this product! More features than other LiveChat products

I've used this on 5+ sites and recommended it to many clients. The free tier will do most of what you need, but some of the upgrade options are really worth the price. Great product!

Pros

- Great feature set, even on the free tier - Excellent mobile app - Integration with your favorite tools - Advanced features like liveview for seeing your customers moving through your site live.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to customize the message shown to users without having to upgrade to the paid tier. Besides that, the product is perfect.

Thank you so much for your feedback :)

As good as any other livechat product + it lets you see what your users see!

I'm a big fan of this product. I spent a few days reviewing the 20+ livechat options out on the market, and after all that time I settled on Crisp. Save your time and start with this. If you need the larger feature set and marketing abilities of something like Intercom, just upgrade later. Afterall, removing crisp and adding intercom is as simple as removing a code snippet and adding a new one.

Pros

- Great interface - Painless installation (simply add a code snippet to your site's header) - Offers a freemium tier which will cover most of your needs - Lots of design options for the livechat box - Includes a 'liveview' feature where you can see exactly what your users do (great for helping them with any issues they may have) - The team that builds it has always been helpful when I had questions

Cons

I don't have any negatives to say about this product. It is a cheaper alternative to the big boys like Intercom, and you can launch it on your site for free. When your user numbers or team size grows, then you can upgrade to a higher tier. Save your money and choose this over the others. The extra liveview feature alone is worth it.

Thank you for your review!

I actually loved using Crisp, same for our clients

It was always a good time, and their customer support is very good (also they use Crisp)

Pros

The ability to develop our own Chat Bot.

Cons

There is nothing yet to complain about crisp, maybe sometimes is hard to organize the tickets.

Hey there! Thank you so much for this awesome feedback. Always a pleasure to help you :)

Must have tool to communicate with site's visitors in real time

Pros

Overall experience, users map, plugins that work with other tools (e.g. Slack), great sync between web app, desktop app and mobile one; team features; possible integration to inner CRM/authorization system, full-functional search, detailed users profile

Cons

NPS type triggers are less flexible that I'd like to get; some settings are very tricky, but it's more than ok comparing to the value we get from the tool usage.

Chat Is Very Friendly!

At the beginning of my webstie I wanted to have a chat bot that could correspond with clients when I was not available, as soon as I saw CRISP I knew it was it, the friendly interface, the great YouTube tutorial videos, visitors liked to post and put their personal email I could get back to later, This tool definitely helped me increase my sales.

Pros

The possibility that every visitor who enters the store can see the chat at my command with a pre-made message you planned for each new visitor, this is great work for new leads! Correspondence time can be saved by a bot with ready-made messages that will never disappoint me!

Cons

Once the FREE TRIAL is over you can say that the chat is no longer relevant for the site, lots of useful features go down and you can see a big difference in the drop of messeges.

Tried them all, Crisp is the winner by far! Here's why...

I've used live support applications for years and during that time, I've tested all the major platforms and some most people have never heard of. In general, I'm opposed to the idea of SAAS. I prefer to buy a script that runs on my own server. It's not just because of monthly fees, it's mainly because I like to have total control over the application and be able to hack the code to make it work exactly...

Pros

* Seamless transition between live chat and email * Beautiful UI design * Highly efficient workflow * Extensive API * Apps available on all platforms

Cons

I wish the MacOS desktop app was a real native app, rather than a wrapper around the web UI.

We really hope to have a native OS X version as well :)

Closing the gaps between customer and business

Crisp is a program I've used personally in my own ventures. It makes customer communication super easy, which is ultimately what a business is about- customer experience. I like being able to keep track of communications and customer interactions all in one place. Strongly recommend.

Pros

I like how simple it is to communicate with the very people you are selling to or providing for. Great for businesses of many sizes. Cheap enough for a small business and a free plan for even the smallest of business.

Cons

Overall better tracking of interactions and history. Logs have an expiration date, which could prove damaging down the line.

Thank you so much for your review!

Perfect for small businesses

It is a great software, I have been using it everyday and love it! The UI is amazing.

Pros

I love how simple the UI is, anyone can use it. It is very simple to understand the way it works, inplementing it and configuring.

Cons

Good live-chat solution for every website.

Crisp eases customer communication, increase responsiveness and helps with pro-active support when needed.

Pros

Easy to set up, fast and convenient. The interface is good and there is a Free plan, convenient for any smaller projects. The project is alive and constantly developing. The settings for business hours and custom translations of the widget are nice.

Cons

Message history of the free plan is 30 days, after that, you can't access any of the messages. It's better to limit the number of users instead of the message history. Sometimes the chat widget doesn't load or the mobile apps crash.

Really enjoy to have a chatbox with my face on it! Should have been there for a long time!

Took me 5 minutes to set up Crisp on Cedrus.ma. The dashboard that lets you talk with your prospects is one of the simplest I have ever used. I was using Zopim in the early days but Crisp is way more intuitive. I had a few discussions with their CEO last week about an issue they had with their iOS app. The team fixed it very quickly and now everything seems to perfectly work. In a nutshell, I recommend Crisp if you are looking for something simple.

Pros

Affordable price, great customization and simple integration to our existing website

Cons

Need more infos on the customers but i think it will come on next updates

Thank you Zouhair. Regarding your needs to access more information on your customers, you are perfectly right and it is coming in the next release :) Feel free to reach me at baptiste@crisp.im to get a preview access.

Fantastic Intercom Alternative...But not the easiest to use

Overall, the onboarding was simple, the pricing was great and the feature set is unmatched at this price point.

Pros

I love that they have jam packed it with all the features you'd pay much more money from at Intercom. It's what got me interested in the first place. Also, there in-chat games are hilarious and super fun.

Cons

I did not enjoy the interface at all. It was hard for me to use. Also, the pricing plans were unclear (even though they are very affordable)

Hey Matt! Thank you for your review. It's unhabitual to give a review after a trial (which is 14 days only). I'll send you an email to better understand what went wrong. Regards, Antoine

Perfect Chat Tool For Entrepreneurs

Pros

It has free plan and you can check from which country you are getting visitors which is live.

Cons

After a certain time, previous messages get erased.

Hey! Thank you for the nice review. Please note that answers are not erased (and will never be), they're simply blurred and will be available when you upgrade to any of our paid plan. Using the free plan, you have 30 days of chat history. Cheers!

Honestly one of the best tools someone can use.

Pros

Easy integration. Easy dashboard. Good customer service, really nice visualization of the features provided in the paid package.

Cons

I honestly dont have anything negative. Maybe a storage selection so that you can choose in which region your data goes to would be helpful.

Hello and thank you for your review. About hosting locations, we choosed hosting hosting countries known for their privacy policies (Germany and Netherlands). For the rest, Crisp is having dedicated data points for customers in the US, and Asia.

Great product overall!

Nothing more to say.

Pros

- Multilanguage feature is very useful and accurate enough - You can enable a Help Centre for your platform through Crisp - The analytics offers some valuable insights

Cons

- The integrations do not seem to work well. Recently set up an integration for PipeDrive, followed all the steps, but the team and I are unable to get data from Pipedrive through Crisp. In addition to it, all data in PipeDrive is now mixed up since we attempted to integrate.

Hey Pedro, thank you for the feedback :) We're actually working on a brand new Pipedrive Integration that will be much more powerful, hope you'll like it :)

Crisp is on Eduvoices and we love them

We needed something simple when we started Eduvoices a few months ago. Crisp fits with our needs and we never thought about switching to another service. The user experience is fantastic. Your product helped us get a lot of valuable feedback from teachers so thanks guys.

Pros

The desktop application is perfect for our use.

Cons

I know that it is not on your roadmap but I would love to have an helpdesk integrated.

Thanks Joris. We really appreciate your feedback. We fixed the issue we had with our iOS application last week. You should redownload it. Everything is working now.

Company should not refuse refunds with zero terms or conditions online.

After the experience with the refund issue because we require a bot qualifying component to successful chat conversion for our business type, we received an invoice, messaged support for canceling the account as the only method was to click into micro copy in the design to change your package type (not clear) and they refused the refund. stating: As I mentioned before, we don't refund after the...

Pros

The tool is aesthetically easy to use, and their product offering for cost is very affordable in comparison to other providers within the industry.

Cons

Lack of seamless integrations that limited more non dev/technical members of from setting up crisp.

Easy, quick, powerful

Pros

I like Crisp because you can manage different conversation with a lot of operators. Notes, message editing, live assist, very customizable, quite cheap

Cons

The feature allowing you to see your interlocutor's screen is not that efficient, but useful I miss integration with freshdesk

Hello and that you for your review! Don't hesitate to to contact us about your issues with MagicBrowse so we can fix it

amazing software and excellent value for money. Simply the best IM tool for support & conversion.

We have been using Crisp for one year now. We compared and tried most of the popular IM tools and decided to give a try to Crisp. We can say now that it works amazingly and we're wondering why it is not the most popular software. Probably a question of time until it becomes so.

Pros

It is super easy to setup and there is a great free plan.

Cons

nothing, it's above our expectations

Thanks a lot Ed! We are releasing a Crisp 2.0 in a few weeks. We will keep you updated! It is gonna rock! :D

Xen Orchestra is using Crisp and we love it!

I was one of the first Crisp users. I really love the work they did and the progress they made for the last two years. The product is working well, we only had a few issues at a time that they quickly fixed in the following week. PROS: Easy-to-use. CONS: I really need an easier way to trigger the chatbox for some specific user behaviors. RECOMMENDATIONS TO OTHER BUYERS: I suggest you join their Facebook group to get updates about the product and advice from the founders.

Cons

Beautiful chat interface and innovative approach

Pros

Folks at Crisp are innovative for sure. If I am not wrong they were the first one who came out with peek feature wherein you can find out - in real time - what your users are typing. Since then I have seen them innovating a lot and their competitors simply copy them.

Cons

Nothing really. The best chat solution. Period.