Drift Logo

Live chat & in-app messaging for sales & marketing

Drift Reviews - Page 2

Information Services, 10,001+ employees

Drift-The new way of conversational marketing!

Overall I can say we are satisfied with their services. It ultimately filters genuine leads from the universal traffic on the website and that too with high buying intent. Chat bot, Playbooks, Analytics and Integrations are just icing on the cake.

Pros

-Playbooks- Setting up of chat bot and customizing it based on the page and target market becomes very easy with drift's playbook feature. You can very easily set up chat bot and start receiving genuine leads. -Analytics and Integrations- The deep analysis of the tool always keeps you on your toes and helps in pointing out various scope for improvement. You can also measure the efficiency of your chat agents as well. Also, it provides integration with your marketing CRM as well for lead handling purpose. -Customer Service- You are facing any issue with drift? Do not worry. Customer service is just a chat ping away. They are always attentive and help you proactively

Cons

-Price- This was the main concern while evaluating various chat tools. Drift is follows a premium pricing which might not make it suitable for Small businesses. -No Forms- Drift takes pride on omitting the forms from the chat and enabling their conversational way of marketing. I think, they should make that optional. They should forms as well. -They should also have a feature in which chat transcripts can be emailed as well.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review for Drift! It sounds like you're having a great experience on the product and we're thrilled to hear it. We'll absolutely take your feedback into account and hope you continue to provide us feature suggestions in the future. - Sarah Haberman, Senior Customer Advocacy Manager

JM

John M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Drift is the best 'customer chat' system on the market

Once again Drift have helped to define what companies should be using chat software for. Yes, it is for 'live chat', that much is obvious. But DRIFT define their tool as helping to deliver 'conversation marketing', and that for me really helps to define how companies should be using Chat software - to start and nurture a conversation that could lead to an ongoing relationship.

Pros

Love Drift. It is very easy to use but more importantly, it is very easy to love using. This is important in software adoption and Drift is one of the best examples I have seen of this in recent years. They've built an awesome product, which does everything you need it to - but the fact that it is fun to use DRIFT makes it an even more compelling product.

Cons

Hard to say. Probably the fact that although the core product is free (and you get lots of awesome features), you have to upgrade to the 'fullest licence' in order to get the 'uber cool' tools such as allowing the 'chat users' to book an appointment directly into the Calendar of the chosen agent.

Hi John, Wow! We're flattered! THANK YOU! Pls let us know how we can continue to support you, and tnx for being a customer! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Rob C.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Expensive but awesome

With two substantially different audiences being targeted by our business, and a general need to do a better job of quickly connecting with promising leads, we've been quite pleased so far with Drift. We've already had several great opportunities arise thanks to the tool, and still have a large number of new bots to roll out, plus refinements to make based on our learnings from using the tool. As a supplement to our other inbound marketing efforts, I foresee chat through Drift being a substantial asset for a long while to come.

Pros

With Drift, you can create customized chat experiences for users based on all sorts of criteria - the page they're on, the number of times they've visited, the channel they used to get to your site - and to target specific businesses with targeted messaging. Building the chat flows (Drift calls them "Playbooks") is generally quite easy, allowing you to quickly build out new bots once you get a hang of the platform. Drift also includes support chat built right into the product, meaning every time I get stuck, I'm able to reach out and get a hand from one of their product experts right away.

Cons

We haven't been using Drift for that long, and there have already been a number of instances where I or one of the other users in the company have attempted to do something that seems obvious, only to find out the tool doesn't allow us to do so. We're always told that a feature request has been submitted, but there's no way to know how long it will take before we get whatever little tweak we're looking for in order to provide a smoother, more pleasant chat experience on our site.

Hi Rob, Thanks for taking the time to share all of this detail. It's really helpful. Our feature request process is something we're improving this quarter, I agree this has not been the best experience to date. Thanks again for sharing, and if we can be helpful to you with you 2020 plans, please let us know how we can support you! All the best - Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Drift could be Intercom, but it isn't...

We decided to use Drift as means to provide support, but once we grow bigger than a single user, we'll have to move to a better platform.

Pros

We use Drift as an in-app messaging platform and it's decent at that. We considered using it for marketing automation, customer engagement and on-boarding, but it doesn't cut it.

Cons

Even as an in-app messaging platform for support, there's room for improvement. A few months ago, they removed the option to "close a conversation" (which is essentially used to close a "support ticket"). For whatever reason, they think that it should be more like Whatsapp with an endless list of conversations that you can "archive". Only conversations sometimes come back (not because of new messages), they are sorted wrong so you may miss conversations with new messages, and you don't always get real time notifications in the mobile app.

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. I'm sorry we haven't delivered on what you expected from us. I'm more than happy to chat live and learn more about how we can make your experience better. Feel free to reach out at jhogan@drift.com. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

DB

Dalton B.

Simple setup, solid results

Very satisfied with the manner in which we use it. I haven't spent much time exploring additional capabilities and advanced features, but I am eager to do so in the near future.

Pros

It was easy to setup, and easy to understand with limited knowledge of this type of product. The product will scale with you, meaning, if you are knowledgable about all features, then they are there for you. If you're just looking for a site lead service, it does that really well also, without being overwhelming.

Cons

The other features aren't explained well, and not sure where to look if I wanted them explained. The image that can be placed with the pop-up message is very limited in customization. For example, it cuts the top of the picture off and there's very limited functionality associated with editing it further.

Hi Dalton, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your feedback on feature explanation is something we 100% agree with, and an area we are working on improving. Appreciate you calling it out. Please let us know how else we can be helpful to you. All the best - Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

KF

Katie F.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Drift - Robust Chatbot That May Not Be Worth the Hassle

We have very complex products that require a great deal of one-on-one dealing with our salespeople. In other words - they're not simple products like a t-shirt, but are highly-engineered with extremely specific specs. With this in mind, we use our chatbot as a way to funnel people to get in touch with us based on what they need: service, parts, repair, equipment quotes. It works super well and has cut down on the frustration of not knowing where to go on the website. It provides them an immediate way to reach out.

Pros

Drift is a robust, clean platform that is relatively simple to work. The caveat to that is that you have to get the hang of it first! The previous chat builder was tough to work with - not very intuitive and lots of scrolling up and down, back and forth (think vertical, with everything jumbled together). They've just introduced a new version that is easier to work with, but still complex. When implemented on the website, it looks clean. You can also modify your icon, which is a fun and creative aspect. The "playbook" you build can also be as simple or complex as you want - due to the complex nature of our products, we use ours as more of a "reach out to us, we can help" chatbot. But you can go much, much further.

Cons

The main thing I dislike about Drift isn't actually the platform - it's the onboarding process. The onboarding process at Drift is a bit aggressive. The onboarding teams have a very set mindset in what will make Drift work for you - no matter what your business is, or how many times you let them know your business' unique needs. They are almost 100% focused on getting live chat involved, which at the start isn't always the best option. I'd recommend that they start listening more closely to their clients, rather than bopping them over the head with their "this will be best for you" mindset.

Nick S.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

A time consuming disappointment.

We asked very specific questions during the sales process (no trial available - this should have been a red flag) where the salesperson misrepresented the capabilities around integration, usability etc. There was plenty of 'sure it works just like that'. We would have identified this had a trial been available. Drift is expensive, has slick marketing, so I assumed it was good. I should have quit...

Pros

Drift is a chat tool with some rudimentary marketing automation. Drift's bot workflows are conceptually good. Email 'playbooks' are similar to a basic marketing automation platform.

Cons

I purchased Drift against the recommendation of our developers on the promise of its segment.io integration. Drift was buggy, did not work as described with segment.io and had numerous usability problems for end-users (customers).

Hi Nick, Wow, we really let you down. I'm really sorry for all of the places along the way we didn't deliver on the experience you expected. Thanks for taking the time to detail this feedback and share it. If there is any interest, I'd love the opportunity to talk live (jhogan@drift.com) ... or simply feel free to email me directly if there's more you'd like to share with me. Thank you again, and a sincere sorry for the poor experience you had with us. All the best- Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Sarah H.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Best Conversion-Maximizing Method For Any Website

Drift allows me to communicate with clients and gauge the level of interest they have in our offerings. My end aim is to close a transaction, and Drift helps me do this by facilitating instantaneous communication with prospects and clients, allowing me to address their concerns and guide them toward a conclusive next step in the buying process.

Pros

Through Drift, I am able to contact with leads at the precise moment of their highest interest and engagement with the website, and to respond to their pressing queries immediately. Many of the talks I've had with potential clients have resulted in a sale.

Cons

Forcing customers to provide email addresses before speaking with a representative. There is room for simplification in the reports and metrics. There are not further improvements needed.

Ramon H.

One of the most appealing, beautiful and expensive website chats on the market

- Providing a beautiful and direct contact option directly on my website - Direct targeting of specific customers groups with chat messages, emails and pop-ups -> Increasing the number of leads & sales

Pros

- The design of the chat widget is gorgeous. It works on any browser and every mobile phone, I've tried, like a charm. With other chat widgets, I had lots of issues that it hasn't been displayed always correctly. - Advanced bot and automation capabilities based on tags and other attributes - Live view of prospects on your website with direct contact via web chat functionality - Outbound marketing (sending sequences and tracking of emails) with their drift Gmail extension.

Cons

- Drift is quite expensive for what they offer. I'm one of the happy customers, which has gotten a startup license of the pro plan for a fraction of the normal price. Even with the pro plan, you have unnecessary restrictions like customization of the chat widget with CSS and using the smaller version. Most of the enterprise features as account-based marketing are great for any startup. Why isn't just...

JW

Jessica W.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Gets the Job Done

Over the experience has been middle of the line. We have been considering other applications due to Drift being pretty expensive for what it offers. There are other applications out there that offer a lot more functionality in the chat flow.

Pros

I really like that is it easy to navigate. There are not a lot of places you need to go looking around to figure out what you need to do in order to change or update the flow of something.

Cons

Their customer support is not great. They do not really offer any assistance when it comes to setup, or help with any of the technical processes or procedures. When we first started using this application we were unfamiliar with the targeting, and it would have been beneficial to have someone assist us with that.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

The best chat AI.

Using this for sales as well as support automation, and it's paid off well and works with our sites.

Pros

The driftbots and playbooks (how their AI, automation is done). We have used this to automate sales workflows and schedule meetings and save time.

Cons

I have no complaints that wouldn't be something out of my control - some of the rules I've set up in boys seem to be a bit too picky when leads respond with anything besides a picklist item.

Hi there, Wow. Thank you so much, for all of this. We're thrilled to hear you're happy with your platform experience, as well as your experience with us both in pre sales and support . Please reach out if there's anything else we can do to help or support you. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

GS

Guru S.

Best Realtime communication chat tool

We really had good opinion on drift and we're happy to serve our customers realtime with the help of drift chat widget and qualify the leads instantly.

Pros

We love the way how Drift chat helps our customers to get in touch instantly within our product. When customers get into issue or questions to be answered, they don't have to wait for email support, all the questions can be answered instantly within the chat. Additionally, it's easy for our teams to use mobile app to instantly attend customer chat from anywhere. We usually get lot of questions and leads from landing page and drift helped us to automate leads and push into our CRM systems. Integrating the chat widget within the application is also easy and simple.

Cons

The web app ( dashboard ) is too slow to load initially but the chat is super fast and reliable. I wish they had android sdk to initiate conversation within the application.

GM

Georgi M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Chatbots and Livechat capabilities that will transform the way to use your website

Phenomenal value from day 1, very user friendly and great for adoption.

Pros

Incredibly easy to setup, implement and actually start having conversations on your website. Very user friendly UI and bot building + super easy to train users on the platform.

Cons

Some of the ABM functionality and audience building is a bit unintuitive and hidden in parts of the platform that you wouldn't think to look.

Hey Georgi! I'm pumped to see you're enjoying and having success with using Drift. I'd love to hear more about the ABM and audience building functions that aren't easy to find. This feedback is important to our product team for improvement. You can email me at jmorgan@drift.com

JT

Jaseem T.

Design, 11-50 employees

Lead qualifications and book meetings - on autopilot!

Drift support, itself, is the best example of great customer service using their own solution. The support experience is always a delight.

Pros

I'm a very early Drift user and a conversational marketing advocate. After setting up Drift, with their lead qualification and book meetings feature, our sales team has a decent pipeline with high-quality leads.

Cons

Waiting for Drift chat embed on the website feature. That could help me start a conversation with a customer from any section of my website pages.

AN

Amit N.

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Powerful buy pricey

Honestly, it's the best software out there for that purpose. It's east to implement and start using, the results are coming fast and everything is measurable.

Pros

The ease of getting started and implementation

Cons

If you want to enjoy most of the features, you need big pockets because it's pricey

Amit, Thank you so much for sharing this, and I'm thrilled to know you've found Drift powerful, and easy to implement, and start using. Please let us know how else we can be helpful to you! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

ss

steffanie s.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Easy to set up - Great for quick chats with customers

In 2020, when our festival was forced to go online, this software saved us. We were able to easily explain schedule changes to customers, answer their questions, and walk them through set up. We continue to use this software, which has cut down on phone calls, and allowed us to more efficiently assist our customers.

Pros

I really like that we can have private conversations between staff members in order to confirm we are giving up-to-date information. It is also very helpful for us to see the location of the customer in order to better / properly assist them.

Cons

We use the free version of the software and I cannot think of a single issue we have not been able to easily resolve ourselves.

Hi Steffanie! ���� Thank you for leaving this awesome review. There are so many positives here from being able to more efficiently help customers to collaborate with team members all in the same tool. ���� Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need any help with anything Drift related. My email is jmorgan@drift.com --Joshua Morgan: Customer Advocacy @ Drift

kickstart conversation marketing

It has been great but i believe much more integrated approach is needed.

Pros

started using drift for our startup after moving away from HubSpot. It has been a great learning curve for us. Some aspects I love about drift is the lead tracking and bot performance. Also leveraging drift for email and phone converation as a CRM is a big plus. Also scheduling and calendar invites make is better than calendly

Cons

Would love if drift can be an email server as well so that we can skip email server costs. It does most of the things already just needs a sync from gmail. It is very expensive especially since you have to pay upfront for the startup plan

JC

Josh C.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Essential Automatiin Tool, Faster Time to Value with Inbounding

Excellent, would not have a solid inbound routing experience without a similar tool as Drift

Pros

Conversation routing by Company HQ and State rather than just the site visitors geographic location. This is important since our sales team segments by Company HQ and Annual Revenue

Cons

No ability to route countries other than US and Canada by state and/or territory. The entire continent of Australia can only be tagged as such in conversation routing. You have to build a playbook that asks the customer what territory they live in which creates a longer automated process for the site visitor. Also there is no option to segment by city which would be helpful for large city territories like Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco etc

Hi Josh, thanks for taking the time to review Drift! Your suggestions around our routing capabilities are really helpful and I'll be sure to share with the product team! - Sarah Haberman, Senior Customer Advocacy Manager

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Best Live Chat Software On the Market

Drift is a great product that generates a lot of website leads for our business which more than pays for itself.

Pros

Drift is an amazing tool that helps you communicate directly and seamlessly with your website visitors. It tracks a lot of information about any given person on your site so you can understand who they are before you even have a conversation with them. It also makes it easy to schedule meetings which automatically flow to your calendar.

Cons

Sometimes Drift can be too automated and frustrate people on your website who are trying to obtain quick answers to questions and wish to speak to a human.

Yann I.

Online Media, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

A solid suite of digital tools all on one platform

Pros

The thing about Drift that I like the most is, without a doubt, its chatbot creation feature. There are plenty of chatbot platforms and apps out there, but what makes Drift stand out its the ability it gives you to provide website visitors with a tailored experience, answers to their questions and solutions to their needs...all on autopilot! You put in the work once – to create the chatbot – and then, you can let the platform work its magic and help you increase website visitor engagement and other KPIs in your business.

Cons

If you're planning to put together a quite robust and sophisticated chatbot, you'll need to carve out some time. While this is to be expect, I sometimes feel that one can feel a bit overwhelmed in the chatbot creation process...

Hi Yann, thanks for your review! We're glad to see that you've used Drift to successfully create a tailored experience for your website visitors and we're excited to see your continued success in the future! - Sarah Haberman, Senior Customer Advocacy Manager

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Good Conversational Marketing Tool

Whether it's worth paying for tool like this will depend on how engaged your audience is and how big your traffic volumes are. We felt that for us the tool was not worth the money. There are much cheaper alternatives on the market if you're just looking for customer support tools.

Pros

Lots of features that are likely to appear to enterprise B2B companies like lead routing, instant meetings booker, help centre article look up.

Cons

Had issues with bugs in various areas several times and had to contact support and wait till they were resolved. Not very straightforward how to configure the tool in the best way and debug playbooks. Documentation could be better.

Hi there, Thanks so much for sharing this with us, I'm sorry you had difficulty getting your issues resolved, and the documentation wasn't super helpful either. Appreciate you letting us know. If there's anything else you want to connect about feel free to reach out to me directly at jhogan@drift.com All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

CP

Craig P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reliable, yet Lacking

Overall Drift has been a good option for the money, but we are not 100% thrilled.

Pros

Software is reliable in that the system does not crash at all. They are consistently making updates, and branching in to more areas of communication outside of just chat. The support team is very nice and willing to help.

Cons

Reporting functionality is very lacking. Unable to see how long each conversation is taking for each of my agents to work through. Have had multiple complaints on lag in the chat service loading within our software. Have contacted support on this multiple times without resolution.

KD

Karunyaa D.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Drift- Chatbot automation made simple

We have received decent number of leads in past years using drift. It is good to use on a holistic way.

Pros

Past 1 year usage of drift was made simple by making the navigation between creating playbooks & viewing analytics/reports easy. We have integrated it with freshsales CRM for storing leads captured in chat. Creating playbooks for chatbot on our website is structural. Just by selecting dates, it is easy to view the data captured through chatbot for that duration.

Cons

Similarly playbooks creation could be made more user friendly by bringing in different format for editing them as it is currently bit difficult to navigate between one node to another in the tree like representation of the playbook.

Hi Karunyaa! ���� Love seeing how Drift is helping make processes easier for customers especially when you're creating opportunities from chat. I would love to hear what formats you'd like to see with our playbooks so I can pass it on to the product team. You can email me at jmorgan@drift.com --Joshua Morgan: Customer Advocacy @ Drift

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

A solid component in your marketing automation strategy

Overall, I think it's a great tool

Pros

I really loved how super easy Drift is to both implement and use as chatbot tool (that does way more than that) we've rolled it out for our SDRs to be able to capture leads and respond to any presales questions quickly. and the integration with Hubspot and salesforce makes it really easy to not only capture but also to personalise our response as a part of our overall marketing automation strategy.

Cons

- it's not cheap - the stage that you'd be importing the lead into Sales Cloud (SFDC CRM) can be tricky as the definition of stages aren't really aligned.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review your experience with Drift and sharing your feedback on how we can improve our lead importing! - Sarah Haberman, Senior Customer Marketing Manager

MH

Mike H.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Prime tool for connecting with potential customers

Drift has a ton of features and customizations that make live chat a major sales generator for us. Drift is especially good at allowing you to fine-tune the rules for determining what chat messages get sent to whom.

Pros

Great web chat functionality, email automation, and it connects very well with the other sales tools we use.

Cons

It's a bit pricey compared to other tools but we definitely get good value from it. The app is buggier and support is not as good as I would like, which I feel is due to their fast growth recently.

Hi Mike, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm sorry you've run into some challenges with bugs + support. We are currently expanding our support team, if you have some specific feedback on your experience, please don't hesitate to drop me a note at jhogan@drift.com. Thanks again. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience