Drift Reviews

Drift

Live chat & in-app messaging for sales & marketing

Drift

Misleading, no free trial and bad support

We're Intercom user and were looking for an alternative. Drift advertised as the best alternative but it doesn't provide the advertised features. According to their pricing, you can send Sliders and Proactive Messages in Standard plan. But you can't. You have to subscribe to a higher plan because it requires premium Bot's features. Reached their support and requested a refund after one hour of signing up Drift. They simply turned down my request.

Pros

I like their ads, landing page and messaging

Cons

Drift is messy and very limited. They don't allow to see what's inside. If you want then you have to pay. So we paid their monthly subscription just to view their admin dashboard and to see they don't provide what is advertised.

Amazing product that assists in sales & marketing on our website

Pros

Customer Service, Ease of use for the client visiting our website, notifications when somebody is on the website and chatting, the ability for a bot to make suggestions to clients when we are away from our desk

Cons

Can overwhelm the potential site visitor a bit by asking the same questions multiple times, the user interface takes a bit to get used to

Exactly what we needed to increase leads coming in on our website

More leads and better customer support experience for clients.

Pros

Implementation was an absolute breeze and even an exciting experience. The system itself is quite smooth and user-friendly.

Cons

The app notifications are not as foolproof as I would have hoped. Existing chat notifications sometimes don't come through, requiring me to obsessively refresh the app every minute.

Excellent Conversational Marketing Tool

It’s an excellent way for a beginner to dip their toes into this field. Simple to use and customizable.

Pros

It’s simple to use for a beginner. The bot playbooks are simple to setup and is very customizable. As a part time real estate agent it’s an excellent way to generate leads.

Cons

There’s a bit of a learning curve but that’s not really a “dislike.” I think Drift is an excellent resource to generate leads. Clients have been impressed.

Hi Shirley, Thank you for sharing this with us. I love hearing when customers in the real estate industry are using Drift and seeing success! Please let us know how we can continue to help you, it is worth checking out https://www.drift.com/insider/ for some additional content! All the best, Julie Hogan - VP, Customer Experience

Drift is the Ferrari of Chat Tools

Pros

Drift is leading the way in website chat functionality. I'm so impressed with the Bot conversations and conversions, the conversation routing abilities, and the integrations to all our tools from CRM (Salesforce) to messaging (Slack).

Cons

I have no complaints with Drift at this point. Very happy with their software.

Great communication tool (not chat tool, communication tool)

Pros

First of all, I see a product that makes you feel great and ready. I really like chatbot (I haven't used it yet but will use it soon). You can collect data with a chatbot without forms. That's great!

Cons

I don't know any cons side of the product yet. Maybe in the future, when I moved to a paid plan, I can find some :)

Definitely saved time

Professional, smart, great sales people. I enjoyed working with them.

Pros

I like the model and the methods they use to save time for sales and marketing. Good concept for sure

Cons

I think the vision needs to be fleshed out a bit, but they'll get there. but right now, we were in need of making quick decisions and I didn't feel like it was something we could wait for

Way overpriced, half-built tech

Over promising sales team, shady assurances. Left me with a really sour taste in my mouth.

Pros

Literally nothing. They make a bunch of empty promises and then hang you out to dry.

Cons

Most of it seems half-built when you actually pay and sign up. Talking to them on the phone, this seemed like a magical piece of software that could solve all my team's problems.... NEGATIVE. This just created more headaches than I could have ever imagined. We tried Olark first, gave our money to Drift, and now finally made the right move and switched to Intercom. Finally, well built software that works!

Good free plan that allows us to chat on our site with prospects

Livechat on our site that cost nothing.

Pros

Easy to install, good amount of features on the free plan, and easy to start using without a lot of setup time.

Cons

Obviously more free features are always good but that's not a really valid complaint. Overall no big cons, it could load faster in Google Tag Manager, but that's ok.

Revolutionary for my site

Pros

The ability to not only see who comes on my site, but be able to engage with them and respond immediately has been amazing. The automated bots have been a great feature to discover leads as well.

Cons

I wish there was better integration with slack. I get notified with it, but it's hard to know how to respond.

Drift Review

Drift has consistent updates and is a great tool for our company in various areas.

Pros

Drift allows for quick responses for us to help with customers having issues with our product and for generating new sales.

Cons

The functionality and ease of use for Drift is not the most coherent at first but no major cons otherwise.

Website Chat - Useful Tool, Missing Key Features

Pros

Easy to install chat bot on your website.

Cons

Doesn't give live notifications when a website visitor enters chat, relies on third party software integrations to alert you to a chat initiation. Kind of defeats the purpose!

Lost Customers

It was awful. I used to get way more chats coming in on the old tool.

Pros

I like that it had so much potential and could of been so cool to use.

Cons

Honestly I thought this tool had it all. Then our visits to our website dropped like crazy after using drift. People hated the robot and felt like it was not a personal touch. It never worked with ease. Way to much going on.

Love the bot customization

Pros

Awesome way to deliver real time feedback to site visitors through bit setup by page on your site. Makes it really relevant for visitors

Cons

Setting up the bot has a bit of a learning curve. It's a bit more involved to set one up so it's not a quick 1-2-3 step thing.

Drift makes customer service easy!

My overall experience has been great with both customers and drift customer support.

Pros

Drift is a great product that makes chatting with your customer in real time so easy.

Cons

It’s takes a little getting used to all of the features but there is plenty of helpful info available.

Drift Helps to Track Who is on your Site

Pros

Drift is so simple to use and great for those individuals who are responsible for following up on leads like myself. It is so easy to track and reach out to those who are on your site.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications have some glitches in it.

Great starting point for Small Businesses

Pros

I like how quick and easy Drift was to set up, and it's integration with Slack meant the entire company could respond to customers.

Cons

It didn't grow well with the company. however they've introduced new features since I've used this product.

Drift has helped us capture the attention of our potential customers while they are active.

Pros

The mobile app has given our team the ability to stay on top of potential customers when they have questions.

Cons

While it would be difficult, providing up-front information about the person viewing would be key. Other than that, flawless.

Great Chat Tool

I had a good experience with Drift.

Pros

Drift was a great chat tool that I used a while ago. The features and functionality was there. They have so many different things that you can do.

Cons

There were so many features that are really helpful, but it is difficult to get set up.

Great Marketing, Product is just ok

It was easy to get the chatbot up and running, but there does not seem to be much AI behind it and the reporting leaves a lot to be desired.

Pros

It did truly feel like I was not part of a movement, but it was great that now we could quantify chats and see them all the way down our sales funnel and in salesforce.

Cons

The integrations seemed shaky at best - I never have a good sense if we are properly integrated with salesforce and marketo. We were basically sold a useless marketo integration when we first signed on...

Great software for Sales!

Pros

I found that drift is a great software to help connect with website visitors and turn them into customers.

Cons

There are no specific cons I found, however, I wish they would help more with managing support as well as sales.

Good for email sequences

Pros

I used the trial version of drift, mainly for email playbooks. It's easy to use and setup. The email sequence works great.

Cons

I had the impression that drift was mainly built for web chat. Since I am not personally a fan of web chatbots I never used this functionality. I did not like that every time I tried to reach my email playbooks the first option was chat playbooks.

Great tool

Pros

Playbook editor is great. Very easy to qualify leads using bots.

Cons

I don't love the info capture. I wish I could prompt the user to add other information than just email.

A bit overwelming

Pros

There are many possibilities in the Pro package I'm using

Cons

I was hoping for some more personal support at the setting up stage, maybe with examples what works best.

Sleek

Pros

Love the look and functionality - I like it as a customer on others’ sites, and I like it on mine.

Cons

Haven’t been using it long enough to know.