FixMe.IT Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.19/10

Reviews by rating

Unattended access is very easy to setup and initiate when appropriate. I have used this product for years with amazing reliability and very little need for technical support.
I love the ability to view all users by office. I am able to see if they are logged in and if they are working or if the system is logged in and idle.
My only complaint is the inability to share access with other users. This becomes a problem when I work on a team or when there network services provider uses FixMe.
Lack of Mac support is a big limitation, causing us to utilises two products. Limit on number of unattended clients that can be stored is a pain in the Rse.
So far, I havent found anything too terrible. The layout could be updated.

Lisa W.

VP of Technology

Banking, 51-200 employees

Highly recommend this solid product!

Transcript

Lisa W.: My name is Lisa, I'm Vice President of Technology at a company that's about 150 employees in...

Zachery B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Quick and easy to use. Nice GUI for grouping and monitoring.

Pros

- I enjoy how easy it is to see my connected computers and their online status, being able to name them, group them or remove them from a group. - The spreadsheet totals for connection times is very useful for showing clients the work/time put into maintenance or troubleshooting on their devices. - It is nice that the program is not reliant on a browser. lightweight. - Very quick, patient, efficient, and friendly with customer service.

Cons

- Customization is present but not as easy as I would like. It feels like I have to read manuals in many places and put work for my branded page or template to really shine. If they added more ease and options for customizing the client seen windows and page that would be great! - This is an extra but I wish after a connection the program could prompt you for notes on what was performed and that would be included in the spreadsheet for connection times. Currently, I am writing in a different program and having to track all those notes, times/dates/client, and then attempt to incorporate them into the spreadsheets I send to my clients but it's not as clean in two different documents or takes an additional amount of time to combine them and make it look nice.

SJ

Simon J.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Great tool!

Generally pretty good

Pros

Access to client desktop withou the need for traveling to them

Cons

gets blocked by a couple of either products/firewalls and have been unable to get installed at clients as a result

Claudia L.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

FixMe.IT is a simple and stable support tool

The main benefit of this software is that it allows us to provide remote assistance to our clients. It is an easy software to configure, where users can access it from the client version and we can access it from the expert version.

Pros

FixMe.IT is a really easy to use and configure application. What I like the most is that it has two applications, a client version and an expert version. The video quality when sharing the screen is very stable.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that it is only available for Windows. I would like FixMe.IT to release a version for Linux.

DS

David S.

Cheaper than many alternatives

We need a quick and inexpensive way to get connected to assist our customers and this gets the job done.

Pros

The price was right. We needed something to quickly connect to a client's computer that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Cons

It's not as bandwidth efficient as some other products. Some clients have slow internet and FixMe can be a bit laggy with them.

Justin B.

Fantastic value when you have far more computers than people to remote into

Remoting into any Windows PC either via a very convenient pin or unattended access.

Pros

Fantastic price compare to competitors It has all of the features you can expect at the price point. It is a very solid program. I have never had an issue with it. It always works. Support is good and responsive.

Cons

It is a little light on features, but at the price point, I don't expect much more. It would be nice if it auto-refreshed the unattended list. Sometimes you have to go back to the unattended in order to find out of the computer is back online after a reboot because sometimes the information on the home page doesn't update as quickly.

segun o.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Very good software for remote connection

With this software solving a problem on a customer or colleagues pc is made very easy and faster

Pros

It is a very good software for working with or troubleshooting remote computer the multi-session support allows you to work on multiple computers at once hence help you multitask and achieve your aim faster. It also supports file transfer which also makes working remotely way easier. It also allows you to record sessions which makes process review way less stressful it also means teaching someone else how to do what you did could be done by sharing the video.

Cons

The software works very well so nothing comes to mind in terms of disadvantages

Rhonda M.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

The easiest remote tool ever

This program has saved me so many miles on my car because I can remote in and take care of things. The pc doesn't even have to be on the network as long as it can get to the internet.

Pros

FixMe.IT is so easy to explain to the receiving party how to allow you to connect. Web based and simple. It also has features that allow you to send files back and forth, it allows you to let them see your screen as well.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about FixMe.IT

Brian L.

Excellent Product and super flexible

easy customer access for support

Pros

Works pretty much every time without issue and very easy to use. I've used this in my business since inception over 7 years ago and have no plans on changing. Very flexible payment options that can be changed at the drop of a hat.

Cons

There no mac support currently but I know this is under development, once thats in place there wont be any cons'.

Chris L.

Excellent remote access system!

1. Ease of use for remote users to allow access. 2. Simple setup for recurring remote access. 3. Fast login time. 4. Low overhead on pc and internet resources.

Pros

The software uses little pc system resources when running on my laptop. It also seems to take less internet bandwidth than other systems. It is also very simple when instructing remote users to setup to allow remote access.

Cons

The biggest con that I have with this software is that there is no mobile (iPhone or iPad) application. Many cases I'm in the field with my mobile devices only and need remote access to clients.

Tony H.

Has worked well in managing MSP client's needs

We manage about 50 servers for MSP clients and provide support to quite a few users both home users and business users.

Pros

Simple to use and professional looking. It is also reliable following a reboot. I also like how it can save login credentials for unattended computers.

Cons

trying to explain to a "not so tech savvy" user that the website is fixme.it not fixmeit.com or something like that.

Steven C.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

FixMe.IT (Techinline) for IT Support Professionals

I have been using Fixme.it from Techinline for over 5 years while operating my own PC support business. I am now using it to support the teachers, staff and students at school. With a pool of 700+ systems to support during our current virus pandemic (Coronavirus), this tool has been instrumental in keeping everyone's computers operating efficiently. FixMe.IT from Techinline will continue to be my "go-to" tool for providing remote IT support.

Pros

This software permits me to connect to a client's computer system quickly and reliably. The download and installation of the client software requires only standard user rights on the client system. Connecting to the client requires the client to provide a session specific "client ID" to the support person. The connection with the remote computer is encrypted for obvious security reasons. Once connected,...

Cons

The only shortcoming that I have found with this application is the lack of support for MAC and Linux clients. FixMe.it (Techinline) software is designed for use only on Windows.

MD

Michael D.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Long time user

I have used Logmein, Teamviewer and Fixme extensively along with sharing some small use with other products. FixMe is by far the easiest for my company and its customers. Install is easy and it is safe. I support a lot of the medical community and it being HIPAA compliant is a big plus.

Pros

Easy to have remote users install. Simple console. Great value for money.

Cons

No Apple support, no multi user support.

JG

Jon G.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

FixMe is exaclty what I need

Amazing consistency, fast, stable, can keep up for extended periods of time, can enable always on remote.

Pros

FixMe can do one off, or dedicated remote control. Simple, never have any problems.

Cons

Only con, file transfer is kind of weird, other than connection issues that are not FixMe issues, it worked every time.

Hi Jon, Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! FixMe.IT allows to exchange files/folders via drag-and-drop, copy-paste, and the standard Send File button. You can find more information on the file transfer options here: https://docs.fixme.it/features/transferring-files-folders-and-text Could you please specify what you mean by the weirdness of file transfer? Or, if you are experiencing some sort of issues with it, please let our support team know (support@techinline.com). Best, Dan | Techinline

SK

Sheldon K.

This is an invaluable tool for us, many times eliminating the need for an on site visit!

Saves time, trips and the number of employees we need to support our clients quickly.

Pros

We have used this product for years and we couldn't give the level of support we do without it. It allows us to take care of most of our clients issues without leaving our office and lets us work on a number of different clients at the same time. It actually does allow us to be multiple places at once. Without FixMeIt we would need to hire more people to provide the same level of service. A fantastic product, great support and they are always open to hearing ways to enhance or improve the product. Then throw in the great pricing and there is nothing like it!

Cons

None I can think of. We are always putting in suggestions to add features like notification when one of the clients goes of line, etc. Their support staff response quickly and gives the ideas consideration. This is really a pro, rather than a con but the form to complete this survey required me to put in at least a 100 characters in the Cons.

JP

James P.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

I have been using FixMe.IT for years with very reliable success.

Already stated earlier in the review.

Pros

>It is very easy for the customer to get connected >Managing multiple computers is a great feature >Transferring files is a piece of cake >Reboot and reconnect helps my support sessions go fast with less pain for the customer >You can't beat the cost >Unattended access is very easy to setup and initiate when appropriate I have used this product for years with amazing reliability and very little...

Cons

The only current downside is when I remote in with my new laptop the window for viewing the customer's screen is very small. I contacted customer support and they responded very quick to let me know they are working on this one.

I have been using FixMe.IT for several years and it works excellent for remote support scenarios

Makes my life easier to fix things for clients instead of trying to walk them through or have them describe error messages.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to setup unattended access clients. The ability for it to run as a service so that users do not need to be logged in for unattended access to work and you can easily switch between windows users on a machine without having to reconnect.

Cons

Current inability to rename groups of unattended access machines. Inability to search on group names in filter list (filter only works on machine names). Inability to have systems on low bandwidth connections reduce. Would like confirmation option when clicking to share *MY* desktop with end user (blue button, because I have accidentally clicked that button when trying to click the yellow one and there is no way to back out before first sharing your desktop with the end user). No OSX/MacOS support.

NF

Nigel F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Support using FixMe.IT

Good to excellent

Pros

a) It is extremely light b) It provides a great number of Unattended clients. c) Unlike the major competitors software, it does not crash on Win 10 updates d) About 1/3 of the yearly cost of the major competitors offerings

Cons

a) When the client has customized their screen, is not always easy to see the download meter. For example, if the client's screen has a dark background, the meter is almost impossible to determine.

JC

Jon C.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

My experience has been fantastic. I can put it on my home machine and work machine. I

I can control my customers much better when they need help.

Pros

I like that I can Sort the unattended Machine by Customer. I also like that it does not use a browser to connect to the customer

Cons

Not Much- I think that they can work on the multi screen function a bit When there are multi screens the resolution is way too small.

Hi Jon, Thank you for your feedback! Have you already tried our new scaling features? Here's a short video that shows how they can help you adjust the size of the remote screen: https://youtu.be/NoryfEpF-CE For instance, if you're working on a remote desktop that has a much smaller screen resolution than yours, you can either scale it to window and then resize it according to your preferences, or choose the Optimal View option (this one automatically calculates the optimal settings based on your and your client's current screen resolution). Regards, Dan | Techinline

CS

Craig S.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Pros

I like that the program does not need to be installed on the customers computer. It connects fast and allows for support

Cons

Sometimes when connecting to customers widows of programs open behind other windows. So this makes you minimize other windows. Also that it temporarily installs in the temp folder. If Windows security is set to not allow this the program cannot be used.

Hi Craig, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! If the app opens behind other windows, simply click on the FixMe.IT taskbar to make it active - this way you won't have to minimize other windows. Regarding the installation of the Client app, it is downloaded to the temp folder by default. If you need to permanently install the FixMe.IT Client app on the remote user's PC, you can use one of the options described here: https://docs.fixme.it/features/installing-client-application-on-a-remote-computer Best, Dan | Techinline

BG

Bob G.

reliable, fast, easy for me and my customers to use

Pros

The service's reliability is very good- near 85 percent of connections without any loss of connectivity during sessions.

Cons

The loss of connectivity during sessions, once a loss occurs, seems to recur often. These losses effect me sometimes often.

Hi Bob, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Sorry to hear that you've been running into frequent connectivity issues lately. FixMe.IT guarantees a fast and stable connection to any machine located in any environment, so normally working with the application shouldn't result in any dropped connections. Please reach out to our support team at support@techinline.com - they'll provide all appropriate assistance with getting these issues resolved. Best, Dan | Techinline

RH

Rich H.

Great value for the money but lacks a very helpful feature

Pros

For the most part, the software works very well. I have been able to connect to nearly all of my client computers. I do like the ability to have a person for to fixme.it and start a support session for a "one off" support call.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the ability to have multiple logins (not simultaneous) for a single account. I need to be able to give a specific person access to a group of client computers for remote support. I.e. If I have groups named Client A, Client B, and Client C, I want to another person be able to log in with their email and password and have access to Client C computers. There is also a minor issue of some sort with Server 2008. On a regular basis I am not able to connect to that computer. It appears the connection works but I never get the screen for remote access. When that server is rebooted I have access for a few days but then something happens and I can only RDP to that server.

Hi Rich, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the issue with Server 2008, please submit a ticket to support@techinline.com so that our support team could investigate the issue and provide any necessary assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline

SF

Scott F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Fast, Easy Connections at an Affordable Rate

Fast and easy remote connections to clients needing help along with unattended access clients that need ongoing or after hours support.

Pros

Simple, Quick and Easy connections to remote clients needing help. With other software the installation of a remote support utility takes too long, and IMO, shouldn't be installed at all. We need to connect, do our work, and disconnect without having to deal with install issues on top of the problems we are connecting in to fix. TechInLine lets me do just that with a run-only version of the connection utility, while still offering expanded options including an unattended access client.

Cons

Best remote desktop software I have used to date.

Pros

Easy to set up unattended access Useful UI on remote host as well as master computer. Super fast connection speed over LAN and even over the net.

Cons

Can only have one unattended license per remote computer. Can only have one expert client oen at the same time.

Hello, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Regarding the ability to open multiple expert apps at the same time, I would say that this is more of a licensing question rather than a con. Our licensing is based on concurrent technicians, which means that you can open only one expert app using your account at a time. To have it opened on multiple machines at once, you will need more licenses. However, you can share your account with others if needed (provided that you're not using it yourself), create sub-logins and run as many concurrent sessions as you need to. Best, Dan | Techinline

SB

Simon B.

ICT North Limited experience

It has been a good platform for us and has given us the ability to carry out remote support to our clients and connect to servers that we manage daily

Pros

It is reliable, easy to direct end users to install and connect, cheaper than TeamViewer.

Cons

Wider support for Mac OS, Linux, Chrome and Android would be handy. Very limited with windows devices only especially when many of our schools are going cloud based and Chrome devices are increasing in the education sector where tighter budget means cheaper and simpler devices are called for i.e Chromebooks.

FixMe.IT

So far it has been a very positive experience. New features are always getting added and it's a tool that I used every day all day for providing IT services.

Pros

Having a centralized database of all of our customers. The ability to install unattended access when needed and the ease of putting a desktop shortcut on the users account to easily allow them to double click it and then give us the ID number.

Cons

Not having the ability to lock the keyboard and mouse from the end user when working on their PC and they think they can keep working while you fix the issues they contacted you for.