Giva

Cloud based help desk software for businesses of all sizes

Giva Reviews

Pros

We have had great success implementing Giva as our help desk tool. Each step of the way the folks at Giva have been very efficient and supportive.

Gary T.

David G.

Robin H.

David G.

Robin H.

4.9

Outstanding Product-Easy to Deployed-High Functionality for Future Growth

We like that we get all the ITSM modules for the same price in a product bundle, but that we use only IT Change Management since we use an outsourcer with their own tool responsible for incident and problem management. It is nice to know we also have the flexibility to expand into other Giva modules. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] had very positive feedback on Giva and supported the decision to purchase it.

Pros

Our goal was to make the change management process more available across our entire organization. With Giva it is now much easier to be running a compliant organization since it is easy to submit an RFC and follow it through the approval and implementation process. By leveraging Giva’s hosting platform, our key partners and external contractors are also part of the process, and we can all seamlessly...

Cons

We have no negatives about Giva at this point in our experience!

50% Increase in My Productivity & Giva is 70% faster than KACE, Spiceworks, AutoTask-Less Clicks

I like the home page dashboard where I can add as many widgets as desired and resize them all to my liking I’ve not seen a software in the cloud with that function at Giva’s value orientated price point. The Dashboard has helped me increase my productivity by about 50%. The case/ticket Macro and Auto Close features will enable us to quickly effect many changes to speed resolution and increase customer satisfaction. The Scheduled Tasks features will help us unify maintenance and checks ups and serve as a way to never forget deadlines.

Pros

Our experience with Giva has been exceptional. It is super easy to get up and running right “out of the box”. There is depth to the configuration options, but it’s presented in a way that’s incremental and easy to understand. We can do as much customization as desired to get initially started and then do more advanced options as we grow into them. Although there’s a library of video tutorials and training materials, I became highly productive with Giva after just 3 days without using any learning materials. In our past experience using other systems it’s taken us many weeks to become productive. We compared Giva to KACE 1000 by Quest, Spiceworks, AutoTask and others. Giva’s user interface is considerably more elegant, well designed and easy to look at all day.

Cons

Not anything negative for right now. It's been a great experience learning and using Giva.

IT/Ecomm Management

Overall, it helps ease and improve work process and issue management to increase functionality and resolve issues faster.

Pros

I can submit a ticket and it's severity level with a description so IT can funnel it to get fixed to the proper channels. It keeps communication between the entire team rather than one person working on the issue, and it eliminates duplicative work and patterns.

Cons

I can't see if/when someone else on my team issues a ticket that may be similar to something I am going to.

BIG increase in customer satisfaction, rolled out self-service portal to 900 people over weekend

We evaluated ZenDesk, Salesforce.com, Freshdesk and Zoho before deciding on Giva. Giva was the only vendor that met all of our function requirements and it’s also the easiest to use. We never heard of Giva before, but we were very impressed when we did a deep dive and thorough 30-day trial. We did not even have to talk to a sales rep for the longest time since it was so easy to configure and get...

Pros

Deploying Giva has been a monumental win for our IT organization. The ROI generated has been tremendous. Giva has given us operational transparency and allows our teams to better collaborate. The HIPAA compliant application is very user friendly which allowed us to quickly roll out the employee self-service portal to 900 people with limited training. The comprehensive library of free video tutorials...

Cons

It was very easy to get up and running on Giva and many other products were so more difficult. So, no "Cons" for GIva.

Excellent Dashboards and Reports; Fantastic Customer Service

We have been very successful in getting our employees to use the Giva self-help portal to help them quickly find solutions to their problems, and if they can’t, then they can easily open up a case online. Also, we use Giva for our off boarding and moves and the result is that it’s now much more smooth and efficient. We love the drag and drop widgets on the Dashboard. Everybody has their own custom...

Pros

Our business is in healthcare so we needed HIPAA compliance, excellent reports/dashboards and the system had to be easy and quick to deploy and use by our employees. We support 400 employees across 13 geographically dispersed substance abuse recovery centers and we are on a fast growth track to soon have 30 centers. Our IT and Facilities staff and 400 employees are very happy with Giva. Now we are...

Cons

It does all we need it to do right now and we can grow into it as well.

Giva helped revamp our B2B repair operation workflow & significantly increased customer satisfaction

Giva helped us make internal changes to streamline our operations and increase efficiency. With the Giva reports and dashboards, I can keep an eye on all the departments and see if we are all properly coordinating to get repairs done ASAP and machines shipped back to customers. Before Giva, I never had this visibility. Giva helped us focus on weak spots in make significant improvements in our workflows. Before using Giva, I could not easily measure the productivity of our repair operation. Now, I’ve got excellent tools to measure performance, productivity and customer satisfaction. Giva technical support is exceptional and we always get an immediate response with insights that help us to keep getting more out of the product.

Pros

We’re using Giva to track our busy B2B repair operation since none of our internal systems could optimize this important process. Our customers ship us machines that are critical to their revenue generation so it’s important for us to minimize the time that we spend holding and repairing the machines. We use Giva to coordinate the intake, processing, repair and outbound shipment back to our customers....

Cons

None...nothing to add or complain about.

Top 100 law firm using Giva for 17 years with excellent results

Giva is easy to learn and use, very visual, and the dashboard is amazing. It allows us to ensure that issues are tracked from first contact through resolution and gives us access to the information we need to resolve them. New agents are productive using Giva is just a few days. We use the Knowledgebase a great deal. It is easy to use and allows us keep a very high first call resolution.

Pros

We're a busy Help Desk, and Giva gives us a fantastic tool for tracking issues, as well as escalating/communicating among the various groups in the IT Department. The Customer Satisfaction Surveys allow us to get almost instant feedback. We get excellent ratings from our attorneys and staff, partly because we follow up immediately when there is a problem. I am the Reports guy, and I can drill down...

Cons

I don't like change, and when new releases come out (about once per month), I weep a bit while I adjust. However, the releases are all backward-compatible have never caused us a problem. Our customizations remain intact; so all the tools I need are still there. When there was a change in the ticket screen that was not optimal, they fixed it in just a few weeks.

Awesome Change Management App & Excellent Calendar. Always adding new features.

The Change Calendar improved our productivity by about 60%. We can also link hardware and software assets and service requests to Requests for Change and that helps track important issues for reporting. The approval work flow helps us make sure all RFCs are properly documented and approved. The reporting and dashboards are very flexible and easy for anybody to use in our organization.

Pros

We run a 24 x 7 IT organization of a large public hospital. We’ve been using Giva since 2015 and we all love it. Overall, it’s an excellent HIPAA compliant product and we especially like the Change Calendar. Previous to Giva we used a lot of excel spreadsheets. All of the members of the CAB would come to our weekly meeting with their proposed changes which often conflicted with each other. With the...

Cons

There are No negatives that I can think of.

Invaluable tool to deliver very high customer satisfaction to our attorney customers

We are able to meet and consistently exceed our SLAs with all the functions/tools Giva offers. Our SLA compliance has increased about 35% using Giva. The red, orange and green on our dashboard charts/metrics keeps us all focused on the key issues impacting our attorneys. The highly integrated Knowledgebase is a very valuable tool that has enabled us to increase first contact resolution and customer satisfaction, and has helped significantly decrease call times. Giva is an excellent and invaluable tool that keeps us highly productive and our customers happy!

Pros

I supervise a large group of Level 1 help desk people at a large and very busy law firm. I’ve been using Giva at this firm and a few years at the previous law firm I worked for. The Giva Dashboards are just what we need to keep on top of all the hot issues that need attention and our productivity has increased about 45%. No issues go unaddressed and that has helped lift and sustain our very high customer satisfaction. My entire team loves using Giva and it helps them meet the high expectations of our busy attorney customers. Giva is very easy to learn; our new agents become fluent quickly by just using it.

Cons

None right now, my team is very happy with Giva.

85% of ServiceNow’s features/functions at a much lower cost

The dashboard gives us a holistic view of what’s important. We love the mobile app as it helps my team keep on top of issues all the time. We only have to expose a web form to the teams at our 20 locations for self-service and it’s great that no log is required. The reports allow us to quickly understand which property are having issues so we can take action where needed. Giva has increased our ability to log tickets by about 2x since the interface is very easy to use and guides you along. We can also track all our IT assets and there is no cost per asset which is great!

Pros

Giva has enterprise level features without the enterprise level price tag which we cannot afford. We looked at many different options and were happy to learn that we could do so much customization with Giva. It’s easy to get actionable information out of Giva; other systems have a lot of friction. My team is very impressed with the capability of Giva in spite of their experience with enterprise tools such as ServiceNow and Remedy. There is so much value in Giva that it was easy to get it approved. We evaluated and compared Giva to Jitbit and Spiceworks and selected Giva since it punches above its weight with lots of value and utility. Giva has about 85% of ServiceNow’s features/functions at a much lower cost. It was easy to get deployed on Giva with its intuitive administration.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. We are very pleased.

Giva helps IT deliver excellent customer satisfaction to our users

Since I’m the VP Information Technology, I am mostly interested in the dashboard and reports. With the dashboard, I have a bird’s eye view in real-time of what’s going on in our organization. It’s easy to determine if there are issues that may need my attention or action. The reports allow for very granular deep dives and root cause analysis of our data. It’s easy for me to run any report and I don’t need any specialized knowledge. My team is very happy using Giva as well.

Pros

We are a large health care system and been using Giva since 2012 and it’s helped us tremendously and it’s had a big positive impact on our customer service delivered by the IT organization. Giva is constantly innovating and delivering new functions to their products. They come up with a lot of refreshing and new ideas that they bounce off of us and indeed listen to what we have to say. They’ve implement many our suggestions over the years and we very much value this in a cloud vendor. Since Giva is HIPAA compliant we are assured that our data is secure in the cloud.

Cons

There are no negatives that my team can think of.

Love the Giva dashboard! It makes my job so much easier.

Giva is very intuitive and I never get stuck like with other systems I used in the past. Giva is a breath of fresh air! It was easy to set up Giva since it came with the most commonly used defaults and it also had draft severity levels, etc. to allow us to quickly evaluate it. We use the self-service portal to manage 40 vendors and it’s helped us to more efficiently manage 3rd parties. Now we receive well documented cases since we configured Giva to ask different questions for each item in the self-service category menu. This eliminates a ton of back and forth with customers.

Pros

I’ve increased my productivity by 30% using Giva. The KPIs widgets on the dashboard allow me to quickly see where issue are at. It’s a great visual warning system. It helps all of us plan our workload and prioritize with little effort. Giva is very simple to learn and use. We all use the tools offered in Giva to stop “reinventing the wheel” by easily leveraging and reusing information in cases. There are lots of warnings and visuals to make sure we are using the system correctly.

Cons

I love Giva so nothing to write about.

Superb Service Desk for a very large retailer. Excellent dashboard and Reports

We have a lot of product requires since we run a large retail operation. Reports are exceptional; helps me save many days of work each month and increased team productivity 50%. Senior management loves the high granularity of metrics. Low TCO and high ROI on our labor and money invested in Giva. Great Tsunami Ticket to help consolidate issues in a major outage. Giva is a tremendous value for the price.

Pros

Awesome homepage dashboard with lots of functions that help us focus and on top. Very nice interface, not cluttered and easy on my eyes. Quick to learn and very little resources to maintain in the cloud. We use multiple service desks: IT, Financial, etc. It is a great value as we have multiple instances of Giva running with no additional. They're always asking us for feedback and they implement changes often. We are fans!

Cons

Giva is not infinitely customizable like Remedy or ServiceNow, but the lower cost of Giva is worth the tradeoff. Wish they had an AI robot that I could send to work while I sleep in. I'm sure it's coming soon :)

Excellent cloud customer service solution & it’s HIPAA compliant!

Affordable, easy to use, tech support is excellent, Giva keeps on adding new features all the time with new releases each month. We have increased productivity by say about 70%. Now issues remain open less time and as a result our client satisfaction has increased by at least 50%. Giva has all the features and more to compete with Zendesk and Freshdesk , but it has a much more affordable price and better tech support.

Pros

It’s great customer service software in the cloud. Easy to customize, set-up/administration is logical and simple, don’t have to be tech savvy to use the reports and dashboard. There are many excellent triggers and workflows available in Giva to automate tasks. We need to be HIPAA compliant and Giva has all the legal and security compliance reports. Giva allows us to be very well organized and has the impact of 1+1 =3 on our team. It also helps our clients become more organized and efficient as well. We have eliminated using an encrypted email service which is very time consuming.

Cons

Hard to think of any now. We all like the product a lot!

Worth its weight in “Gold”; saved two clients and increased productivity 20%

Giva is an extraordinary value since it’s affordable, highly customizable and easy to get started. Giva allowed us to “shine a light” on all of our workflows and identify areas where improvement was necessary. This saved us from losing two clients so the ROI has been outstanding in just a short amount of time. The Giva customer service team is great; always very helpful and thorough. Just like the whole app, the reports are intuitive and we can keep drilling down to gain deeper insights and root cause.

Pros

We love Giva. It helped us immediately find gaps in our workflow processes. This has had a profound impact on transparency and workload balance. The reports and dashboards uncovered some key internal processes impacting customer satisfaction that we suspected were awry, but had no hard data to support until using Giva. Giva helped open our eyes to these issues with objective data. We are now reengineering...

Cons

No "cons"; it does all that we need it to do.

35% increase in productivity & eliminated 15 hours/month on Report preparation

We’ve achieve excellent business results with Giva having increased IT productivity about 35% and we eliminated about 15 hours/month that use to be spent on Report preparation. All the information that I need is at my fingertips with Giva’s Reporting engine. The charts and graphs are clear and allow us to visualize data to identify trends and patterns. The administration is easy to use and logically well organized. We don’t need a dedicated Admin and/or Report person like I did with other vendors mentioned.

Pros

I have 20 years of experience using various service tools such as ConnectWise, HP Service Manager, BMC Track-It and Remedy. On balance, Giva is better than them all and it’s a great value. Giva is the new generation of cutting edge cloud technology; it looks sharp and it’s very easy to configure and customize. The technical support is excellent, very responsive and they always provide thoughtful answers. The customizable dashboard provides the necessary visibility to ensure all areas of support are providing top-notch support.

Cons

No cons. It’s amazing that they launch a new release every 3 weeks so many new features.

Excellent, modern ITSM.

Giva is just a phone call or email away for support. They are very responsive and available and have even helped us expand the use of the product to other departments. Giva is also highly flexible and is continuous with improvements and new ideas. This is something that stands out and really is the best thing about the product. The company asks for feedback and discusses their ideas with me before they implement them. When is the last time a company did that for you? Very customer focused. Give them a try.

Pros

User interface is intuitive. I love the clean, minimalist appearance and organization of information. Since the product lives in the cloud, we can access at anytime, anywhere. Very reliable...we have had 100% up time of product for 2 years now.

Cons

Some in my company would like built in workflow options, however Giva does not offer that at this time.

Easiest to use HIPAA compliant customer service software

We can now collect and share patient health information securely with Giva using the self-service portal. This is a big benefit to support our affiliates. It’s nice that each person can have their own personal home page dashboard with little drag and drop cards from a library….very cool! New releases come about once per month and there’re never disruptive. It’s great to get a slow steady flow of enhancements packed with value. Giva listens to their customers like me for feedback.

Pros

Giva is easier to configure and administer than Freshdesk and Jira, as well as other cloud customers service software that I’ve used in the past. Giva is intuitive, friendly and quick to configure with lots of room to grow in customization. The screens are clean, straight forward and intuitive. It was easy and simple for our team to get started. It’s a great all in one system. They provided high touch support when we needed it during trial so that we could make sure all our requirements were met before buying.

Cons

No complaints at all. We are very happy with Giva.

Simple, straight forward, and efficient help desk software.

Reduced time supporting the "help desk software".

Pros

It is a good, stable, basic help desk software application that is not over-burdened with complex configuration and setup. The user interface is simple and straight forward, freeing up the user to focus on the help desk issues, not the help desk software. The Giva support staff always provides intelligent and informative responses in a professional and timely manner.

Cons

Having come from using similar on-site software, I miss having direct access to the source tables to create more complex custom reports. But Giva does have a lot of customizable reports that will meet most needs.

Excellent value at an excellent price!

tons, Reporting, SLA's, KPI reports and great metrics, helped users see where their tickets stand. Just love it!

Pros

I like the fact that cust support is always available to assist if you have any questions (during setup). I love the ease of use and there is really very little training needed. The customer support is top notch in that within setting up a Critical ticket they respond quickly. I feel this product surpasses many others that don't even come close. I plan on using GIVA for a LONG time

Cons

None really to mention at this point and time. Well maybe one item but not a major concern of mine. It's the fact they don't have a customer support line. A support request has to initially be done by submitting a support ticket in the Giva system. However, for complex issues, after I submitted a ticket, I did get phone calls back and we engaged in a screen share to resolve my questions. That was very helpful.

Easy to deploy and great support

After a careful search of numerous ITSM tools, we selected Giva based on its ease of use, quick deployment and great support by the company. We also enjoy the standard reporting that comes with this application and makes our data results easy to share with others. We worked together on the AD integration and found the support team quite helpful and eager to ensure our needs were met. We look forward to continued success with this application and the Giva team we work with.

Pros

Ease of use and deployment; reporting is easy to use and tailor to our specific needs; customer support is prompt and eager to help; clean lines of the application; iterative approach to a request for enhancement (Agile programming).

Cons

N/A

user frinedly platform for your measurement

overall it's perfect for all kind of companies large and small . ease of use cloud based platform

Pros

it benefits real focusing in measurement that allows us to make our daily work time easy an attract a lot of satisfied customers

Cons

before using Giva honestly, I thought how difficult it was to do excellent work

Affordable and easy to use HIPAA compliant help desk

Pros

We needed to change to a HIPAA compliant helpdesk because our users needed to send PHI, at times. We selected, Giva which provides robust functionality and most importantly is HIPAA compliant. We love Giva. It was easy to get up and running at and the technical support was excellent. We found Giva to be easy to work with and administer. The Reports and Dashboards are excellent. We got HIPAA compliance for a great price with great functionality. Giva is a 5 top rating.

Cons

Giva lacks the functionality to reply to a ticket directly through Outlook.Users are required to communicate via the portal

Giva tech support showed this customer how to configure the reply to a ticket function. It is just a checkbox.

Pros

The configuration allows tailoring to specific needs. It is easy to track open tickets. A wide variety of reports are available. The support team is knowledgeable and eager to help. It allows us to streamline communication between customers and staff.

Cons

We would like the ability to search for tickets by keywords in the dashboard, but can use reports to search by keywords.

In the upper right hand side is a search box for this purpose. Two months after this feedback was reported, Giva increased the size of the search box so it is easier to spot.

The best held desk software.. its a mobile friendly too

cost effective

Pros

It is Mobile friendly. Works on iPhone and android. It is Web based. I can login anywhere from my browser and process the ticket. Easy to use and fast.

Cons

scrolling to enter data. from field to field (this is only happens when you enter lots of data that you will really need to scroll down to go to another field. )