GoTo Resolve Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.53/10

Reviews by rating

The best features are the ability to obtain diagnostic information on the host machine with the click of a button and the ability to have other support team members join a session.
I used this software for years and have seen it through many different variations but it definitely remains my favourite. Its ease of use and complex features are made functional and fun to use.
What I liked most about this software is the ease of use and the powerful UI based controls when running on your mobile device.
Recently this issue has got worse and worse with no resolution for months and now has us looking for different remote support software.
I'm sure all of this info is in the software information and I haven't read it but I have privacy issues and always worry about people logging onto my computer.
I had major issues when I used this product. Many of my customers had problems opening it up on their computer for me to access remotely.

Clarissa W.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

A great way to provide in-house tech support to our crews in the field!

I am able to assist our field guys with their software/computer issues right from my office, quickly and efficiently!

Pros

I am the "resident tech-support" in our office for almost all of our superintendents and field crews. If they're having trouble with a program, or their laptop, I'm usually their first resort, before we call the outsourced IT company we use. For a lot of our jobs out of town, it's difficult for the supervisors to get their laptop in quickly to be checked in person, and Go-To-Assist makes it easy and efficient for me to access their computer and (usually) quickly resolve the issue they're having! I love that I can see and control their computer right from my office, no matter where they are, as long as they have an internet connection.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can think of that I don't like about this software. I've never had any issues with it, other than a little bit of lag, which is due to internet connections and not the software!

Ifeoma O.

1,001-5,000 employees

Our clients love GoToAssist.

Pros

Gotoassist simplifies the process of remotely communication between my organization and our clients and even between the team at work. I am able to screen share with my colleagues at the workplace, comment on files and documents remotely. I see this tool as a better alternative to Google doc. It is easy to setup and install ,and interestingly a lot of our clients have come to accept this tool courtesy our recommendation.

Cons

Requires a fast internet network connection to function quickly and from experience every remote communication tool requires same too.

NR

Nicholas R.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Was easy to use when first starting to support customer through a screen sharing software.

Pros

My first tech company job was in an education software company that used gta as their support software to their clients. It was an easy software to learn and use during my time with that company. I liked the personal queues and interaction that it gave you with your customer at said time. I even liked the multiple calls you could be on at one time.

Cons

The software crashed a lot when we had it. We eventually had higher ups in gta make an appearance and they saw first hand what the software was doing and said straight up that they had no way to fix it. Hopefully that has changed and I would definitely recommend this software to a starter company for it price and package.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Learning Curve but Stable Product

Pros

We heavily use this product on a day to day basis, and I have to say, it's very stable. I can count on it to work every time, which is very important when we are trying to get on an angry client's screen. The unattended access feature is easy to set up and easy to access.

Cons

It's weird but there is no clear way to log on and off the desktop application. When setting up a new user and testing their account I had to cancel the tool multiple times from the task manager to get a login screen. The learning curve is a little high, takes a little bit of time to get use to the features and how to use them. I also wish more than one person can enter an unattended session from the unattended access point.

Manny P.

Great remote access software.

Simple setup for you and the consumer. In just a few minutes you get computer access.

Pros

Make's remote support simple to use. Clients get a keycode to install software and you are in and out.

Cons

The software was buggy at times and couldn't connect and the computer was on trying to get remote support. Pricing very steep when compared to other companies who do the same thing and have the same features and services. When compared to other companies it's still has a lot more work to do to be charging what they charge.

Chandra S.

Insurance, 5,001-10,000 employees

Will definitely assist

GoToAssist is a great product for menial tasks. It does what I needed it for, but nothing extra.

Pros

I like that this program allows my help desk technicians to use remote capabilities when assisting their caller. This prevents frustration with the caller and allows efficient resolution..

Cons

This program tends to have slow connection and can take a while when uploading or transferring files.

JJ

Jason J.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

The Perfect Software for the IT Person

I have had a great experience with RescueAssist and I would recommend it to any IT professional.

Pros

RescueAssist has been some of the most helpful software in my career. The ease of use as well as the options available for the price are unbelievable. I can manage 40 people's computers without leaving my home. The ability to control employee's' computers from my home is an absolute time saver.

Cons

Sometimes the software doesn't work correctly and won't pull up a support session, but usually exiting out and logging back in will fix this.

Cam P.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

What we use for remote support

Pros

Our staff really seem to like it, the email to invite feature really works for us. The fact that you can run it as a service is a plus as well.

Cons

Some times we experience indeterminacy, and dropped sessions, not all the time but it happens even when we have good connections.

Rica Mae D.

GoToAssist Review

Pros

GoToAssist works like a charm, providing remote assistance to colleagues has never been that difficult. I like how I can easy setup the tool just by sending a fastsupport link to the user or better if machine has unattended remote support feature. Transferring files and doing live chat is a strong feature that I really liked

Cons

Android mobile app needs further check, sometimes while doing remote session and if you need to go by the home screen, the session will be disconnected and you'll be logged out.

Matthew C.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Quick and Easy screen-sharing!

Regardless of the client's display be it an old PC or even a newer Mac, I'm able to view their content and resolve / explain issues quite easily.

Pros

It is very easy to provide clients with a URL and the screen-share session is up in less than 2 minutes. This makes troubleshooting client's computers very quick and painless.

Cons

The GUI is a bit dated in comparison to some of the competition.

PM

Paul M.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Not Great. Bad Sessions - Where I Coudn't Even Remote Into End-User's System

It's iffy... Sometimes it's worked, but then other times, I couldn't even log in because the end-user was asked to enter credentials in order for it to even install on their system. They get confused, and I get frustrated. Especially when they're asked to enter ADMIN credentials. That is a BIG No-No. Thus, I couldn't help them. Bad experience, sour taste.........

Pros

Didn't have to pay for it, the company is paying for the licensing.

Cons

Not being able to remote into an end-user's system while they were having a problem.

TM

Tom M.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Rescue Assist is the perfect support platform for our business

With this program, I can help install and repair, plus train associates remotely from any desktop. This includes my laptop when I am away from the office, or even my android phone.

Pros

Full control over a PC/Thin Client/Server I use this software daily for support on any level where seeing what the associate is describing is important to find a quick resolution. Unattended support setup, allows a computer to be left on at work, where updates or repairs are necessary after hours. I have Unattended support set up on all of our servers, and I do updates and adjustments remotely with ease. Any computer that needs help that is not set up for unattended support may be assisted with the user allowing the browser to install the assist program quickly and easily. I am able to assist associates that are using their own equipment when necessary.

Cons

There is a box that pops up when you attempt to use the unassisted support, and many times a user will click no, do not allow by mistake. If you already have the hardware set up for unattended support, why the delay to connect.

DR

Dwight R.

Sports, 1,001-5,000 employees

GoTo Resolve - HelpDesk Review

Pros

The remote session aspect seems to run well and it is easy to elevate the session as an admin, switch between monitors, and use the chat while in the session.

Cons

When remoting into Macs, the first session doesn't work 50% of the time, it gets stuck connecting. To get around this, I always start a session, end that session, start a 2nd session, and then send that invite to the user. By doing this, I have no issues.

FP

Francis P.

Public Policy, 501-1,000 employees

GoToAssist Review

GoToAssist by Citrix is a cloud-based remote support and mobile device support solution. The service is easy to set up, and fast and comfortable to use; anyone with some troubleshooting skills can provide assistance in minutes. It's an excellent solution for companies looking for inexpensive remote IT support.

Pros

This software product has a easy to use GUI. It allows to connect to remote devices. It also allows to do screen sharing and remote control the devices. Moreover, it also allows to share or transfer files. It is very intuitive and cloud based application. There is also recording feature included in this product.

Cons

It is not a cheap software. It is a subscription based application. It could be difficult for non-computer savvy or normal average users.

Computer Hardware, 10,001+ employees

Good app for remote support

Overall, it is a good experience, it works for what it was created, but it has a room for improvement to raise the customer experience and the user experience as well.

Pros

It works perfectly for the purpose created, supporting the customers remotely. One of the main things I like is when you restart the customer's computer, this tool let you stay connected when the computer boot up again.

Cons

Sometimes the connection is not so stable. This is an app that must be installed in customer's computer and insert password. With other similar tools goes smoother because there are web app options with no passwords whatsover.

VV

Venunath V.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Its good tool

All Good Exeperience

Pros

Best Tool for remote support, for chat and sending files

Cons

We can take remote session with admin upgrade, Chat, share files.

BM

Brandon M.

GoTo Resolve Gets The Job Done

Pros

We previously used GoTo Assist before moving to Resolve. They are essentially the same product, but Resolve has more features like the help desk, file manager, and remote execution. Resolve is easy to work with and connect to an end user's PC to provide remote support assistance.

Cons

I don't have any "cons" with Resolve, but I think it would be nice if it remembered your settings such as sorting the devices in alphabetical order. Another feature that would be useful is for devices that have been offline for determined amount of time that they get automatically removed.

CT

Carmine T.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Overpriced, Mostly Reliable

I have had this software for quite a few years now. Super easy to deploy, generally user friendly, and at times useful. But, compared to almost every other solution, it is way over priced and way over commoditized. You can tell that you are just another number to them, to extract as much money as possible from. Each year, i get less features, but pay the same amount and then they try to sell me back the feature at a higher price.

Pros

Ease of deployment to end user PCs via an EXE or MSI.

Cons

It's lack of stability, lack of value, and that they just don't care about you.

MC

Michael C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Simple footprint, Trusted Citrix platform. Easy for customers.

This has my recommendation because of the overall quality, like i mentioned before it has a super small footprint for client, and they do not need any real technical knowledge to initiate the support. I have tried with some of my own family, you know that computer illiterate aunty we all have. Yes, even her found going to a website address straight forward enough. Speed and technical infrastructure of this platform keeps me an avid user.

Pros

I love the easy way you can initiate support with a client, just by pointing the to the simple www.fastsupport.com website. Nothing more they need to do and you can be, screen sharing, full control or even file sharing for troubleshooting and remote desktop. There is even an unattended support and the ability to run multiple instances simultaneously form a technician perspective. I have always used this infrastructure and as a customer focused business, this is professional and great value.

Cons

There are many competing products, so some clients don't like to have multiple remote desktop software installed for their personal needs, then their professional outsourcing. The only thing this is missing is some form of VoIP in the basic plans.

LH

Larissa H.

Best remote support software I have used in six years as a support technician!

Pros

Easy to deploy, use, maintain, and start session for users. In addition to the unattended support feature, they have several URLs users can easily navigate to, which results in shorter time to session.

Cons

Cost - this is one of the more expensive remote support tools I have ever paid for. I had to really push to get it approved, but I'd say it's worth the price!

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Lifesaver when you are out of the office

Pros

I am the only IT guy in a company of about 50 users and this is a lifesaver when I am out of the office or across the campus. Setup the unattended and you can also do updates on single machines remotely.

Cons

Sometimes the unattended function shows offline and you have to try for a while to get it on. Most of the time it comes on, but sometimes it will not.

SR

Steve R.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

100% the best remote software out there

I am able to help my customer remotely to fix issues rather than them bring the computer to me

Pros

I have been using this for over 15 years. I use this daily and am able to help all my customers remotely to fix issues

Cons

There is no issue with this software, been using it for years and years, and plan on using it for more years.

TB

Taylor B.

Civil Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

lots of bells and whistles, but core functionality isn't polished.

Unpolished. Core remote support functionality needs work.

Pros

The web interface is better than previous goto assist product, and the user-side prompting is better than before. Remote command line access is very nice. The core loop of "IT sends link, user clicks link, IT has remote access" is very nice.

Cons

The remote support feature is slower and laggier than GoToAssist, sometimes to the point where I switch back to the GoToAssist to finish a session. Getting local admin allowed on a remote machine is rough, sometimes it just doesn't work and you've wasted everyone's time. Deployment is rough. No way to automatically place machines in groups with an install flag. AI is not needed, please spend time fixing other issues first.

Computer Hardware, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy Remote help

Sometimes the customer cannot explain correctly the problem or you cannot explain them how do the things, GoToAssist can help you to create a remote connection and fix the computer remotely.

Pros

You can have the FULL control of the machine (User must run the software like admin) and you can troubleshoot the machine for BSOD, driver installation, Office Activation, etc You can chat directly with the user using the software you can share the clipboard, useful to share links or commands Easy to connect, just send a link, customer open the link and run the software, done! You are now connected.

Cons

User must run the software like admin Sometimes has connection problems

DC

DEREK C.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

I use when I need tech support and to allow secure remote access

Secure help from different techs from many different programs. It assist with long term learning for me to better run my clinic

Pros

Software allows for tech support to remote into my computer or server and address issues over a secure connection. It is only a temporary download, so with that it helps to minimize any security threats. I am able to watch and work with techs this way and even learn how to fix things myself long term

Cons

The only thing that can be liked least about this software is that you have to take the extra few minutes to download it each time. That being said it's 100% necessary for security which definitely comes first