GoToAssist Reviews

Very Useful Remote Access App

Pros

Very cool way to help customers by control devices remotely. It makes helps when you have a person that is not very computer literate. We can get right in and take control and resolve the issue FAST!!!

Cons

I have found nothing negative to say about this app.

GoToAssist

I used GoToAssist for about 5 years. It was a good product and I never had any trouble with it. Getting users to connect was never a very difficult process.

Pros

Reliable connection. Great screen compression technology -- very quick response.

Cons

"fastsupport.com" was hard to understand over the phone. :) The cost is a little high compared to a few other options on the market.

Great remote access application

Pros

Easy to use, allows for remotely accessing your total fleet of equipment with minimal interaction. Very intuitive.

Cons

Connection issues. Some clients refuse to connect to the service. Having to reinstall the agent too frequently.

Overall good experience

Pros

It's easy to use and requires very little training. We haven't had any issues, and it's quite easy to manage users in the portal.

Cons

The download of the screen recordings take a while, admittedly we dont tend to have to download them very often though.

Great

Pros

The software is a nice way to be able to have IT help. Easy access and useful when in satellite offices so they do not have to drive there.

Cons

Not much. It is a pretty great product. Occasionally we are unable to fix the issue at hand and it requires more work to get complete.

GoTo Assist

Pros

Very easy to use and and does the job well.

Cons

Have not found anything did not like about this software.

Can't beat the on-demand session creation

I evaluated for two purposes; one was to remotely install software on org PCs where we didn't previously have a solution we could access with elevated permissions - this met that need. The other was to remotely support clients using a web application we built. For our needs, it was overkill for this. We only need simple screen sharing with our clients but had we needed more we would have maintained our plan.

Pros

The interface is so clean and performs so well. I couldn't find anything that I couldn't do after creating a session with users.

Cons

Cost. It's a bit more pricey than some other options I reviewed but none worked as well as rescueassist overall.

Fantastic IT resource for companies without an IT professional/department

Pros

We use an external IT support company which uses GoToAssist. If we ever run into an issue, they are able to quickly connect to any of our computers and troubleshoot the problem, whether the computer is attended on our side or not. We can also track all connections to ensure that connections are only being made when needed.

Cons

Connection times can be slow. We can see the support team trying to establish a connection, however it appears to be a latency issue on occasion. It's not clear if this is a connection issue (on either side) or a software bug.

It is very good, dynamic and easy to use

the times I have had problems with the systems I work with, the computer department has been able to help me at the time

Pros

I can have support from other departments in the company, even if they are out of the office, since it can be used from a PC or from mobile devices, this application helps save the day.

Cons

So far I have not had any problem with this application, the truth has been more useful than it seems

Great software for Technicians

Always changes the look how the functionality stays the same. Always reliable, always connected. Very easy to use especially for end users to start session.

Pros

I have worked with RescueAssist for years. The software is very reliable and Microsoft depends on this software as well for Managed Services support.

Cons

No cons just a great company making some great software for technicians and professionals alike.

GoToAssist - when you really need help!

Pros

When you're in a technical bind, this software makes life so much easier by allowing access to your computer when you need assistance. It is so much easier to allow someone to make the changes themselves, rather than try to guide over the phone or through some other communication means.

Cons

I have yet to find a con using this software.

Top of the Line in the Remote Assistance Software Service Sector in my opinion. Worth every cent.

Ease of use to assist my clients remotely throughout the country.

Pros

I used this software for years and have seen it through many different variations but it definitely remains my favourite. Its ease of use and complex features are made functional and fun to use.

Cons

It is a little on the pricey side but that is understandable considering all the benefits that it offers.

Great but has quite misuse

Great piece of software, but lacks the security aspect. I would rather prefer a single run executable session.

Pros

An easy hybrid app like the intel driver update utility, the UI is great and accessible. Easy to provide users with instructions.

Cons

The fact that it keeps running in the background is quite insecure, no wonder why a lot of scammers use it.

Standard Remote Support

This is the daily-used software for assisting remote users with any issues. Its easy for the users to follow/allow access, which is very useful with some of the technically-challenged users.

Pros

Ease of use - even users without good computer knowledge are able to use it

Cons

Occasionally hangs/lags - likely to do with user internet speeds

GoToAssist is a fantastic tool for IT and customer support teams

Pros

While I'm not positive if my current company uses this, GoToAssist has been a life saver for other companies I've worked for in streamlining our support teams, especially with their amazing cloud-based toolsets.

Cons

There's not much that I don't like about this software, beyond your usual bugs and connectivity issues.

Complete your comment: GoToAssist.

Pros

Effective remote assistance with GoToAssist. Its internal engine to establish the connection is fantastic. Nothing to envy the market leaders. It is based on the ability of your equipment to operate and the optimal stability of the network. It is powerful when all conditions are met without problem.

Cons

It does not obtain information about the equipment where it operates or connects. It only communicates through the operating system and remains limited.

Use it all the time, super easy

Pros

We just updated our ERP software and did a lot of remote training and trouble shooting and our technicians use this software. It was easy to download, install and use!

Cons

I cannot think of any problems we encountered using this software to help us long distance with our techinicians.

Nice User Shadowing Software

Being able to assist users both in office and out in the field.

Pros

This does pretty much what you expect it to do and does it well. It's doesn't go above and beyond, but it's no worse than any of the other options out there. It's somewhat easier to manage than some other products in this category.

Cons

Planned deployment of the agent can be a pain sometimes. Pricing isn't competitive enough. Doesn't do anything above and beyond what you can find elsewhere.

Very easy to use and reasonably priced for low volume users.

Affordable and very easy to use.

Pros

It was extremely east to learn the ins and outs of GoToAssist. I am relatively computer savvy but I think even novice users could handle this with relative ease. The user interface is very intuitive and the pricing for the volume users is reasonable.

Cons

We have occasionally run into issues getting things synced up between users with some crashing of the interface from time to time.

Really helpful for companies with outsourced IT

Pros

We are a small company without an in house IT department. Our IT contractor raves about GoToAssist for remote access and troubleshooting. It certainly saves us some headaches when we need support to resolve software issues.

Cons

No cons come to mind as an end user who utilizes this to receive support. Our IT contractor highly recommended GoToAssist and we certainly take their recommendation seriously.

Works awesome

Pros

The desktop app works great. Easy to install remote client and sending emails is easy. Easy to connect as well

Cons

Sometimes some confusion when try to launch the application on the user end, and misses some features of teamviewer.

GoToAssist

Honestly, there are too many free options of this type of software out there to pay for this type of software without some game changing features, and they just don't exist here.

Pros

As advertised, it allows us to see and take control of our users' machines remotely. Brand labeled website for users to ask for assistance (from our internal team).

Cons

Stupid password restrictions that need to be dealt with immediately or you'll be frustrated as your password expires on you non-stop. It has issues if the person you're connecting to doesn't have a pretty good connection speed. There are times when it will randomly take away my ability to click on anything, and I'll be forced to just talk the user through the clicks.

Using GoTo has made things much easier

Does exactly what it's designed to do.

Pros

I like the easy access, and the ability to link in my team without a huge amount of headache. GoTo has done a great job of streamlining the process and keeping it simple enough for everyone to learn it quickly.

Cons

Not the fastest program, and we've had some issues with login and some issues with dropped connections. Not frequent, but often enough that its worth mentioning.

RESCUE ASSIST

Pros

A tool that I use on a daily basis to help troubleshoot with clients. Easy to work through and take over screens.

Cons

Could be a little more user-friendly and easier to locate some of it's features.

Good Product.

Pros

This product has allowed our I.T. to be able to help us remotely. It is quick and fast.

Cons

It does have to install most of the time before use. It is generally quick. Just a minor delay for the fast-paced world we live in.