HelpCrunch Reviews

4.81/5 (141 reviews)
Pros
  • The ability to chat and email within the same system.
  • The search/filter function and the color coding of conversations.
  • They have every function you need and are constantly adding more features
  • Bugs free Easy to setup Affordable Stable and reliable Support Team Trustworthy
Cons
  • Everything is good, there’s truly nothing I dislike.
  • User is able to return to chat even after we block them
  • I wish I could easily edit and remove uploads on chats.
  • Lack in some integrations to extend functionalities and integrate with CRM's.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Maryna Nalyvaiko

Great live chat and email marketing software

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Our whole support team uses HelpCrunch to chat with visitors and customers. We've checked many alternatives before, and HelpCrunch ticked all the boxes for us in terms of features. The price was the lowest when we last checked, so I have no problem recommending it to others.

Pros
- Having all the features we need in one platform - The chat is great, both feature-wise and in terms of its looks. I've never seen a software that offers that many customization option before. - Emailing our existing users and checking reports - Tracking performance of our agents is super easy - Pretty low pricing - Great support team

Cons
We've faced some minor bugs during our time using the system, but those weren't really crucial to our performance and HelpCrunch team was pretty quick to address and fix bugs.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for a detailed review!

Madhu Reddy

An awesome livechat tool

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Awesome tool, within the budget, if you are looking for a LiveChat tool go for it

Pros
I can see what are the pages visited by the user while chatting email follow up restricting spam timezones availability and more

Cons
User is able to return to chat even after we block them

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks Madhu!

Puneet Bhalla

Easy to Use.

Reviewed 2019-06-24

We are trying to automate the email communication to be sent to our seller base based on actions they perform on our platform. Helpcrunch offers a great way to achieve our marketing as well as business goals.

Pros
The platform is easy to use and it's auto message functionality lets us connect custom data variables in our backend to theirs. And we are getting good email open rates so far.

Cons
We are expecting some features around: 1) Connecting a custom email domain. 2) Reports for auto messages.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review, Puneet!

We're pumped you're seeing success with your marketing automation campaigns.
We're definitely looking to add more features to our marketing software pretty soon which will help you in increasing your user engagement.
Stay tuned!

Sumeet Mahendra

The Intercom Slayer is Here

Reviewed 2019-05-31

We're very much satisfied with the HelpCrunch and it was our wise decision to switch from Zendesk Suite. They really helped us in the migration and setting up our accounts. The pricing is very affordable.

Pros
What did I like most? Everything! Literally from the white glove support to user-friendly APIs. Plus the Android App is so amazing and very developed.

Cons
Nothing as such though we're looking for many more direct integrations with Salesflare and Platformly. Plus an SEO friendly Knowledge Base.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot for the review, Summet! We really appreciate the kind words.
Our SEO-friendly Knowledge base is coming already this month - we will for sure let you know when it's released so that you can implement it for your business.

Francisco Opazo

Solid, stable and easy to use platform

Reviewed 2019-05-07

We have increased the speed of our customer support team, happy customers and happy support agents.

Pros
Bugs free Easy to setup Affordable Stable and reliable Support Team Trustworthy

Cons
Lack in some integrations to extend functionalities and integrate with CRM's.

Response from HelpCrunch

So great to see you've improved customer support team results with HelpCrunch!
Be sure more integrations are coming later this year ;)

Susan Lassiter-Lyons

Excellent Software With All the Bells & Whistles Included

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Our overall experience with HelpCrunch has been stellar and we've already made several extra sales that could have been lost because we were able to proactively reach out to website visitors and guide them along.

Pros
I've been looking for a help desk tool that combined the functionality of a helpdesk with the proactive in app messaging like Intercom. I've used both ZenDesk and HelpScout in the past and they just kept getting more expensive as they added features and functionality and it was getting cost prohibitive for our very small company. Now we have a solution that has everything we were looking for at a fraction of the cost.

Cons
The only issue we've had is that there are so many features, the learning curve to understand and implement everything is a bit steeper than previous solutions. But that will go away as we continue to learn about and implement the tool.

Response from HelpCrunch

Fantastic to hear about your results, Susan!

We're looking to improve every feature onboarding very soon, so that you can learn quicker why and how you may want to use certain functionality.

Luca Mozzo

Many features for a good value

Reviewed 2019-08-28

We've been using helpcrunch to drive sales on our website and to provide in-app support for our product, avoiding to get several emails spread across several accounts with no way to assign people to different tickets.

Pros
The software is easy to use, and has useful features like tags and ways to manage the support people assigned to a certain ticket. The Android SDK integration was also easy to set up and could be added without spending too much time on it. The most important among the pros is the amount of information about the system that the ticketing system automatically collects from the user, which is useful for us to debug.

Cons
Some advanced features are not really easy to get started with if you don't have experience with this kind of software. However, those are optional tools, the normal usage is intuitive even for unexperienced people.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks so much for the detailed review, Luca.
We're looking to make all HelpCrunch features even more intuitive to get started with in the upcoming weeks already.

Ana Mills

Run your business with Helpcrunch

Reviewed 2019-08-20

I love the ease of use and how organised it is. Using helpcrunch has helped me organise customer inquiries and I can easily navigate and look for conversations with the filter search function. I also love that I have can access previous conversations with customers without scrolling too much. Also love the customer support , every time I have a question someone comes back to me within 5 minutes. Truly bang for the buck.

Pros
The search/filter function and the color coding of conversations.

Cons
I wish I could easily edit and remove uploads on chats.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate all the love, Ana!

In terms of removing uploads, you can easily delete them in chat just like you delete all other messages. What would you like to be able to edit in your uploads? Eager to learn more about your needs around this.

Anonymous

Great product with amazing customer support

Reviewed 2019-09-23

Pros
As a small startup, we evaluated a lot of software. While Intercom is a common choice, its pricing model was not suitable for us as we have so many users on free trials and Intercom charges per contact. This led us to testing out Helpcrunch, we've been super happy with the customer support and direction the product is going. They are constantly adding new features and taking our feedback on board.

Cons
There are some minor features we would like to see as we are mostly using the product for onboarding customers. One is being able to send push notifications instead of emails, we are a mobile-first product so that would be awesome

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot for the kind words!
We'll take that feature request into account and see if we can implement it soon.

Lewis Glasgow

Great Alternative to Intercom

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Pros
HelpCrunch is a completely transparent company that has a great support team and well-built products (live chat, knowledge base, automated messages). They have set pricing which isn't based on your active user count so you're going to save a lot of money per month in comparison to Intercom.

Cons
The only negatives I could provide in comparison to Intercom is the lack of Integrations and chat widget marketing options. HelpCrunch is constantly rolling out new features at no extra cost so I wouldn't be surprised if this is in the pipeline.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks, Lewis!
Indeed, we're looking to bring more integrations soon - stay tuned :)

Brandon Craft

I really enjoy it overall, but I'm looking forward to improvements and new features...

Reviewed 2019-08-20

The support from the folks who work for HelpCrunch has been well. My questions have been answered promptly.

Pros
The ability to chat and email within the same system.

Cons
The app for Android needs a lot of work to function correctly. This is noted in the reviews on the Play Store and I experience these myself.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your feedback a lot, Brandon!
Our Android team is aware of the issue you described and we're already working on the improvements.

Glad that your overall experience with HelpCrunch has been great. Be sure we will roll out the Android app fix soon.

Tyler Palmer

Best Intercom Alternative

Reviewed 2019-08-20

I started out on the free trial and loved it. Ended up getting one of their deals and stopped for a little while because our company was going through some issues. As we got back up, I bought an LTD and am so happy to use them again!

Pros
They have every function you need and are constantly adding more features

Cons
I wish the widget had more features to customize the view. Such as the company logo

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks, Tyler!
By the way, you can definitely put your company logo inside the chat widget. It's the first setting you will find in the widget customization options.
In case of any questions, you can always reach out to our support team via chat.

Intercom alternative

Reviewed 2018-10-18

Our support and sales guys use Helpcrunch to communicate with our visitors, users and paying customers - all from a single dashboard.

Pros
We've switched from Intercom, so I'll highlight the biggest differences between HelpCrunch and Intercom: 1) Prices - Helpcrunch became a 7 x cheaper solution for our customer support compared to Intercom 2) Their customer service guys rock. 3) Some cool neat features that Intercom didn't have

Cons
can't think of anything, just looking forward to their Knowledgebase feature release

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review! Glad that you enjoy using Helpcrunch for your sales and support needs.

Our Knowledge base feature is coming soon - late 2018/early 2019, so stay tuned ;)

James McClean

Highly recommended, excellent support and easy to use

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Better customer engagement and ongoing customer relationship improvement.

Pros
I first found the HelpCrunch site when searching for alternatives to Intercom and had a brief chat with a live chat agent. I then re-visited 2 days later and was able to continue the conversation exactly where we'd left off. Their support is outstanding. The installation and setup of the software is impressively fast and very and easy to understand. I had it up and running on our site within 2 minutes. Their admin interface is easy to navigate too, I tested a chat message and it popped up instantly. We now use HelpCrunch daily to better connect with our customers. It helps us to onboard, support and retain our users better.

Cons
It would be fantastic if an Android app was available so I could more easily talk to customers whilst out and about. However, it's pretty easy to respond via email if necessary.

Response from HelpCrunch

James, thanks so much for you warm feedback. We expect the Android app to be ready this week. Stay tuned!

Volodymyr Zastavnyy

Amazing toolset for customer interaction

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Very nice experience with the software so far. It has everything we need for customer communication and support in a single place. Highly recommend

Pros
I love having all the tools I need in one system - and that's definitely important when we're talking about customer communication. Having all chats and emails with the same customer in a single place is a big benefit for our team.

Cons
Emails deliverability rate could be quicker by a bit as we normally send out > 30,000 emails at a time, but it's not a big deal considering all the benefits that we get from using HelpCrunch

Response from HelpCrunch

Glad you're having a positive experience with HelpCrunch. Thanks for leaving your review, Volodymyr!

Shahid Khan

The best live chat software I have ever used

Reviewed 2019-07-04

The live chat is the lifeline for a SaaS company. We spent 100s of hours on the chat interacting and supporting our customers. I have noticed when you have too many features it becomes complicated to set up and use but not with Helpcrunch. It is easy to set up and even easier to use. The automated messages, emailing and the templates are the best way stay productive and provide amazing customer experience.

Pros
I have noticed when you have too many features it becomes complicated to set up and use but not with Helpcrunch. It is easy to set up and even easier to use. Helpcrunch is superb value for money and my agents are totally motivated to use it every day. The most I like about Helpcrunch it is loaded features and can automate many tasks.

Cons
I don't have any problem with the software but would love to see more languages and integrations.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review!

Matthew Statham

Switched over from LiveChat

Reviewed 2019-05-30

HelpCrunch were really helpful (no pun intended). Set up a custom pricing plan for my needs within an hour.

Pros
Better value for money for the features I needed. For me it was important to have different customised widgets for different domains. I've been a LiveChat customer for a number of years but the pricing for the customisable widgets drove me away in the end. Software is super easy to use and personally I prefer the simpler and more modern appearance of the widget and the admin interface.

Cons
With HelpCrunch the price you pay is per agent that you set up. With some other systems the price you pay is per logged in/online user. I wanted to set up more users but only have a smaller number logged in at any one time. In the end, I calculated that I still made a significant saving compared to the same features on LiveChat and better still I was able to talk to HelpCrunch and they set up a custom plan for me.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your detailed review, Matthew! We're really glad to have you with us.

Lazar Pavlovic

Truly the best software out there

Reviewed 2019-08-20

11/10. Thanks to HelpCrunch, I managed to triple the engagement on my personal website and manage to simplify the process of giving stuff for free with a single click. Also, according to visitors, they had top notch thanks to HelpCrunch.

Pros
I’m using a pro version od LiveChat and I must say it is AWESOME! 🔥 While I was redesigning my personal website, I had a goal to make it truly unique, and HelpCrunch made it happen :)

Cons
Everything is good, there’s truly nothing I dislike.

Response from HelpCrunch

Your review made our team's day!
Thanks much, Lazar :)

Joe Baker

Great Concept but needs work

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
The idea of 3 in 1 is great , chat, ticket system and email marketing all in one is a plus.

Cons
It seems to be confusing at times which chats are new and which are old and there are some limitations on how to setup the software, if some basic things were different will make this software much better

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Joe! Thanks a lot for your review.
Great to hear that you're able to use HelpCrunch to the fullest.

Would be great to know more about what you found confusing about new/old chats and the setup.

If you have a minute, please get it in touch with our team via chat, we'd love to learn more about the issues you're experiencing so that we can fix those asap.
Thanks in advance!

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Pratik Patil

10 on 10 design, Easy Integration, Competitive Pricing

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Satisfactory. although, I noticed that the conversation rate was very low if compared to the current service I am using.

Pros
The Design and Flexibility the Customize your widget, Widget Integration, Registration.

Cons
Nothing Out of the box. Pricing is same as many companies, however they are into a very competitive field with multiple alternatives having way better features and even cheaper for multiple agents (Jivochat, Zendesk Chat). I did not find any API for easier integration. Free Version is not at all recommended, Better software are there if you need it free.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Pratik.
Thanks a lot for your detailed review!

As to your comment regarding our free live chat version, we've analyzed lots of alternatives prior to launching our free plan.
From what we saw, it's hard to find any other free live chat solution that would allow to:
- store that many free contacts in your customer base (up to 500)
- create auto messages with lots of rules
- talk to your users with in-app messenger and integrate your custom data.
- customize your chat widget with such a decent number of options.

If you have any other feedback regarding the free plan, please don't hesitate to contact our support and share your feedback.
We always strive to improve our product for all categories of users from one-man bands to enterprises.

The info about our APIs is easily accessible in our Knowledge base.
Feel free to ask us any questions about the APIs anytime, we'll be happy to assist you with the integrations.
- Daniil

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Nina Bohush

Started on the free plan, now on all-in-one premium plan

Reviewed 2019-01-30

We used another support SaaS and separated from it because of some security issues. This one has no major vulnerabilities - at least I did not find info on the forums.

Pros
The biggest differentiator is the support team. Always available, attentive and professional. Thank you guys a lot!

Cons
Been using Helpcrunch for over 6 months, haven't noticed anything substantial. Sometimes though the system doesn't work well when we're on a slow Internet connection

Response from HelpCrunch

We're glad to have you, Nina

Sergei Kharchenko

Useful live chat for web app based SMBs

Reviewed 2019-01-31

We started using HelpCrunch to handle client's requests from emails, messenger, contact form etc. We did well with it

Pros
Clean interface, very easy to start with Saved answers: really useful for those who aren't native English speakers - our team can use pre-made answers for frequently asked questions

Cons
We are a new business and haven't used other chat solution, so have nothing to compare HelpCrunch with. Everything works fine for us

Samy Dindane

Simple to use & integrate, makes customers happy

Reviewed 2019-09-23

I use HelpCrunch to make it as easy as possible for my users to get help.

Pros
* Easy to integrate in my app * Mobile app so I can answer customers asap * Fast customer support

Cons
Honestly I am very happy. I had an issue with the mobile app but the customer support fixed it quickly.

Response from HelpCrunch

Fantastic to hear all that, Samy!
Keep up the great work at supporting your customers.

Live chat for support

Reviewed 2019-02-06

Implementing HelpCrunch saved us a lot of time and efforts being able to manage many more tasks with fewer support teammates

Pros
Awesome live chat software for support team with lots of cool features: - chat notes - chat ratings - in-app messenger - automated and manual messages

Cons
I have literally nothing to complain about, everything works great and we rarely face any bugs.

Konstantin Rachyn

Easy to set up and send marketing messages

Reviewed 2019-09-09

We were looking for a reliable communication solution for a reasonable price, and we got what we wanted.

Pros
We had no problem sending targeted messages to our customer audience through HelpCrunch toolset, it's easy to easy and offers a bunch of beautiful templates which we were able to customize as to our needs.

Cons
We are quite happy with HelpCrunch features and the seamless way it integrated with the other tools we are using.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for taking time to leave the review!