HelpCrunch Reviews

4.81/5 (141 reviews)
Pros
  • Allows me to chat with customers in real time.
  • I like the customisation features for the widgets.
  • has a lot of features such as online chat and emails
  • Nicely looking live chat, easy to set up, works great
Cons
  • Do not get an instant notification of a chat starting.
  • the icon is not customizable and we can't make it fit out brand
  • Cost to add extra team members was a bit high for me personally
  • The UI can have some more love but its already a solid software.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Elena Demianenko

Great tool for chats and emails

Reviewed 2018-02-14

It's much easier for our users to contact us via live chat, and for us, it's great to see all the history of communication

Pros
Helpcrunch allows us to engage with our users both via chat and email. All the history of communication is gathered in one place, so it's easy to see all the info.

Cons
It would be great to see some kind of a knowledge base to let me quickly deal with all the features. Anyway, support team is always ready to help me.

Bob Kool

I makes new opportunities possible

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Pros
The software is easy to use. For us as company but also for the visitors. I get several business requests in a month through the chat.

Cons
You can't combine the software with other tools like messenger so you have one tool for all your support questions.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for the review, Bob!
Great to hear your visitors and your team enjoy using HelpCrunch chat.

Facebook Messenger integration is coming soon!
We will notify you when it's out.

Maksym Tulenko

Support tool

Reviewed 2019-01-25

I use HelpCrunch to provide support to our customers and upsell when possible. It's a great tool that does the job well.

Pros
Nicely looking live chat, easy to set up, works great

Cons
No cons so far, would be great to have articles functionality built in though

Victoria Abed

Great tool for my business

Reviewed 2019-01-17

These guys are very responsive to all my team’s requests. For the price they ask, it’s definitely one of the best software.

Pros
I love it. Easy to set up and use. I especially like the way it looks like on our website - I was able to set it up exactly like I wanted.

Cons
0 problems with the live chat in 3 months. Literally nothing I'd change, everything works as expected!

Response from HelpCrunch

Very nice of you! Thanks for the great feedback

Alan Smith

Great product and value for money

Reviewed 2019-01-15

I am one of these people who carry out a lot of research before going with a new supplier. I have been looking for a new live chat provider for a couple of weeks now. I had 3 main criteria. 1) Modern interface that could be rolled out across multiple sites. 2) Targetted Chats 3) Cost effective. I am scared to think about how many website and trials I undertook, however, I finally chose HelpCrunch and I delighted that I did. Simple to set-up, plus it ticked all my criteria. I would certainly recommend. p.s. when I did reach out to the team to ask any questions' I got a super quick, and helpful reply.

Pros
Modern interface Targetted messages Super easy to use

Cons
I have been using for a couple of weeks and as yet I don't have anything negative to say.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks Alan!
We're glad you did a thorough research and chose HelpCrunch in the end.
Best of luck!

Annabel Fenn

Customer support how it should be done

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Really pleased with the software. It's well priced and beautiful.

Pros
Very pleased with the widget styling and easy way I can integrate the chat widget onto my site. The way in which my business hours can be set saves me from getting unwanted support tickets on my weekend through my mobile application as well, which has saved me a lot of stress!

Cons
I'd really love a help base that could automatically guage a user's request based on keywords and recommend a help article, further diminishing the amount of support tickets I get.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for the kind review, Annabel!
Help base feature is already in development. We will definitely let you know when it's released so that you can further decrease the amount of resources involved in your customer support.

Yuliya Karnaukh

A true 360-degree view of your communications with customers

Reviewed 2017-11-15

Great live chat with a comprehensive functionality yet attractively priced.

Pros
It's an easy to use yet a powerful tool comparable to platforms like Intercom with competitive pricing and functionality.

Cons
Actually I think I like everything about this platform. I would suggest to keep working on the CRM and marketing automation part to offer even more options to the users.

Anonymous

Needs more work

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Pros
has a lot of features such as online chat and emails

Cons
the icon is not customizable and we can't make it fit out brand

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review and the feedback! Would be great to know which icon you're talking about.

The live chat widget button is totally customizable - you can adjust its size, color, and even choose between various button types.
The amount of customization options available to you depends on the pricing plan you're on.

Hope to see you back on HelpCrunch sometime soon!
If any questions arise, don't hesitate to contact our customer support team via chat. Have a great day!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Harry Hart

Effortless Software

Reviewed 2019-08-21

Pros
Helpcrunch makes something that would have been very techinical and expensive the complete opposite. I have enjoyed using Helpcrunch on multiple sites and have never ever had an issue. Customer service is also fantastic.

Cons
it was a little confusing to begin with but after a little bit of practise it became very familiar.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot Harry!

Nick Margiolakis

Great software and a reasonable price

Reviewed 2019-10-08

We are using this for support and marketing purposes and the ability to be able to target specific segments of users is what makes it a great product t use.

Pros
Ease of use and the ability to support our product and be able to market it using the same platform. Have used a number of other products which are double/triple the price for the exact same functionality and being a small business we need to make sure we use our money in the most effective manner.

Cons
Speed seems to be slow sometimes, although that could be my connection.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a bunch, Nick! Great to hear you found the right solution for your needs :)

Let us know if you experience any speed issues in the next few days, we'll investigate this further on our end as well.
Thanks!

Jorge Holguin

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
Easy to set up and cost-effective. In addition to an amazing support system to help you with any flows that may arise.

Cons
The product has been great so far. I will check back after my first year.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you, Jorge!

Olesia Shybkaia

Faster task solving tool and excellent in-built notes

Reviewed 2019-02-13

We needed the live chat tool but we get more, the extended client's database. Notes is an amazing option to pass the info from one manager to another.

Pros
The app is very easy in use. It did not get a long time to learn all the functions.

Cons
We placed our logo on the chat header but it looks too small and there is no option to increase the image

Sweety Kaur

Most Amazing Chat Support Tool

Reviewed 2019-09-07

Our team wasn't able to deal with the ever-increasing client base at RTIwala as we're using the Whatsapp and Facebook Chat support. Therefore, we've to move to something with a canned response.

Pros
We've recently started using it and quite fascinated as to how simple and fast the HelpCrunch. It's lightweight, unlike other similar chat tools which were slowing the website. Secondly, their support is really fast and cordial.

Cons
They're developing I just wish if they can build their chat similar to Intercom and also work on the ticket supporting tool to make more developed similar to Crisp.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for the review, Sweety!

We're working on new features every day to make HelpCrunch a more robust platform for users like you!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Ryan Hemsley

Amazing software

Reviewed 2018-04-06

Able to chat to my clients in real life and follow up emails through the live chat and engage with site visitors

Pros
I would highly recommend HelpCrunch their prices are very reasonable for new businesses. Their software includes everything you're looking for in a live chat. I was looking between Intercom and Crisp but HelpCrunch offers more features and a better designed admin panel which makes it a lot easier to get around the panel. Their customer service is awesome too with fast replies when you are stuck with an issue. 10/10 Definitely Recommended!!

Cons
* Easy to use and to control * Affordable * Great features The list goes on as there is too many to list

Natalia Tarasova

Great value for money

Reviewed 2019-01-24

It's a great product, especially when you consider its fairly low price.

Pros
- Live chat widget is really beautiful. It has a lot of customization options which is a big plus, cause we can really adapt it to our brand's colors, style. - Useful email integration in chat. We can set up resending chat messages via email if they remain unseen for a e.g. 5 minutes - really useful. I also like the ability to quickly switch between sending a new message via live chat and email channels.

Cons
Nothing in particular, but would be great to see more channels integrations like facebook messenger and whatsapp.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks Natalia!
We're happy to have you among our customers.

Jaison Veneri

Excellent platform and support

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Pros
Excellent platform and customer service. The platform is very robust and complete. I am using all the features and so far I have had no problem. In it it is possible to answer via chat, and to trigger automated messages. They also provide a HelpDesk area. Support is very good. Super attentive and quick. They cleared all my doubts. I highly recommend it as a customer service tool.

Cons
There are a few missing features that I need but the support said they can analyze and develop. Very happy for the feedback.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate it, Jaison.
We welcome all the feedback & feature requests and working hard on developing new features all the time.

Hoang Lo

All in ONE! Best Tool for Customer Service!

Reviewed 2019-01-28

Easy to connect with customers and support them well, and can track the tickets and chats easily. Love the customer tools available in HelpCrunch

Pros
User friendly, Easy to use! Great User interface. Best for beginners and advance users. Basic need meet all! Real time chat features, Reasonable price for starting up companies. and it helps you with your leads and products. Integrations available with third part programs

Cons
Not at all. just wan to have more integrations with other third part programs.

Response from HelpCrunch

Great to hear it meets your needs, Hoang!
We try to keep HelpCrunch as friendly for startups as possible. Both in terms of functionality and pricing.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Mike Smith

Great Chat Client To Manage Your Online Requests

Reviewed 2019-08-23

Pros
There are some good software out there, but i came across help crunch and i chose it over others. It gives you the ability to chat, and even send email messages, later on if the customer is not online, So this way it helps to keep the customer in the loop and connected with the business.

Cons
There is nothing that i can mention. However i would say price wise it could be a little bit cheaper.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for the review, Mike!

Joai Broughton

Great Product!

Reviewed 2019-02-20

Pros
Allows me to chat with customers in real time.

Cons
Do not get an instant notification of a chat starting.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks Joai!
We provide instant notifications about new messages in chats in browser, email, mobile apps, and Slack - perhaps, you didn't have a chance to configure them in the settings?

Anyways, we're happy to help you set everything right at anytime.
Don't hesitate to reach our support team via chat if you experience any issues with notifications or anything else.

Cheers!

Travis Lee Street

Easy to use and customers love it

Reviewed 2019-05-07

Excellent support.

Pros
I like the customisation features for the widgets.

Cons
It would be nice to have a help desk that users could find answers to their queries on, and perhaps the chat widget could automatically display those based on keywords.

Response from HelpCrunch

Travis, thanks for the review!
We're adding the searchable help desk (knowledge base) functionality already in June.
Chat widget integration with knowledge base is also going to be available soon after that :)

Mike Larson

Competitively-priced ticket sorting system and awesome live chat

Reviewed 2019-01-31

We've researched many alternatives to Zendesk and HelpCrunch turned out to be the most competitive competitor. I'd recommend trying it out, they have a free plan which we used for some time.

Pros
We switched to HelpCrunch from Zendesk. Firstly, the main reason was the price - it was 3 times more affordable than the Zendesk plan we were on before that. After 1 month, with HelpCrunch we also come to appreciate in-app messages: the main contract of the month signed after a conversation in the chat with a client.

Cons
We faced some issues while switching and it took us some time to migrate from Zendesk to HelpCrunch tool

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you Mike!

Ricky So

The Multi Channel Customer Support App

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Pros
Having All-In-One app for customer support is the key to saving time. Imagine looking around various apps and replying and keep tracking, would be hectic. I especially like the auto message and email marketing feature, so I don't have to use a separate app such as Drip/mailchimp

Cons
The UI can have some more love but its already a solid software.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey Ricky!
Appreciate the review.
We absolutely love when customers use HelpCrunch to the fullest utilizing its email marketing features in addition to chat.
The next UI update is coming next week already, would be great to hear your thoughts on it once we roll it.

Tim Milgram

Great So Far!

Reviewed 2020-02-07

Customer service is top notch! Nice being able to chat with them to fix issues.

Pros
Helps create a more friendly experience for potential customers. I imagine over time this will help conversions enough to pay for itself. The interface is pretty easy to use/customize.

Cons
Cost to add extra team members was a bit high for me personally

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for the awesome review, Tim!

Christian la Forgia

Great sofware, helps so much managing users

Reviewed 2018-02-12

Pros
Quality of the software, its security and the customizations that are available. For example the Javascript APIs are really simple compared to other software of this kind. More, a feature I like so much is that you can set a Javascript event to fire a message to the user from an agent. Great platform to manage best users and their needs.

Cons
Overall, I like pretty everything. I just have to say that maybe the interface that the agent uses to talk to users seems a bit too much "embedded", but is just what I think, it isn't a general critic.

Valeria Tkachenko

Mini CRM for Startup

Reviewed 2019-01-25

We are a small startup, but quite ambitious, so we wanted to find the solution that would support our growth without limiting the functionality. We are not ready to pay hunderds of bucks for very mature solutions so HelpCrunch is an option for us.

Pros
Here's what we needed originally: live chat system for our young startup What we got in the end: mini-CRM with many functions for client support, user engagement, as well as marketing. There is more in the package than we expected, frankly

Cons
Just 500 contacts in the free tier, but it's still more than what other free products offer free