VidGrid Reviews

4.71/5 (28 reviews)

Lee Schrader

ilos is the video platform you have been waiting for.

Reviewed 2018-07-20

I work at a College, and we need simple video that just works for all our users from the top down. ilos has provided us that and integrated with our LMS to make the adjustment from another service as easy as possible. They have closely worked with us in every step to help our users be comfortable and learn ilos and be up and going quickly and without issues. I suggest ilos to everyone i can. I love it.ilos is so simple. In a few minutes You will be uploading video, recording original content, and sharing it with whomever You wish. They have taken the time to make simple to follow, and thorough video tutorials to explain every aspect of their product. If You can't find what You are looking for, their customer service is astonishingly responsive and courteous. You will get services and features that You will pay quite a bit more for on other platforms. It's just an excellent product that has stepped up our video game.

Jeff Knapp

Great for online learning

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Overall, VidGrid has been an awesome software to use to enhance the courses that I teach and to create online courses. It helps me how old students accountable to the material they should be learning. It is extremely easy to use and I have often used it to make tutorials for my co-workers teach them how to use various software that we use in our office. Anytime I have contacted customer support I have found them to be extremely punctual and helpful which makes my job a lot easier.VidGrid is an to online video tool to use for training and educating purposes. As an educator I use it to create online video lectures and tutorials. It makes it easy to create a high-quality video. Mitch. Is also very intuitive and easy to learn. In addition, this software makes it easy to track who is viewing your videos and how much of their of your videos they are viewing as well as it makes it easy to share and embed the videos. VidGrid integrates seamlessly with many Learning Management Systems.

Lifesaver for accessibility

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Our faculty love ilos (when the captioning works) for all of the reasons stated in the first question above. We are using ilos for flipping the classroom.I like that we can screen record, host videos, caption, add questions/quizzes, edit video, and other features all within one website/product.

Jeanne Surface

Using every week

Reviewed 2018-09-06

I really like the ilos software. I teach American school law and i use it each week to record class. The recording allows my students to review my lectures and the entire class. It is also a wonderful back up for student who have had to miss for illness or conflict. Further, I use it for online teaching and it is a snap to turn on and record. EASY!

Paul Weber

Video capture and creation for normal people

Reviewed 2018-10-20

VidGrid is used for faculty to create instructional content and have it captioned for sharing within our LMS. Staff generally use it for intranet instructional screen recordings, and students use it to either create a video or simply submit into the LMS.VidGrid has done a great job targeting the internet savvy video virgin. The recorder and website do a great job walking you from feeling intimidated to finishing your first video.

Jeanne Surface

Ilos for Distance learning and face to face

Reviewed 2018-09-24

I found that Ilos to be very easy to use. I simply log into my canvas learning system account and click on ilos and record. I use it to record my face to face graduate courses each week and this gives students a chance to review the lectures. I also use it for online learning at the beginning of the semester to greet my students so that they see my face and become comfortable contacting me. I also record video lectures and podcasts (by recording my voice with a pretty picture but, not me) I found this very helpful as well.

Sara Wheeler

iLos Consumer Review

Reviewed 2018-07-26

My institution purchased iLos about two years ago. In the past, we have used Wimba and Panopto. iLos is by far superior to both of those options. From downloading the recorder to organizing and recording videos, iLos is extremely user friendly. I recommend other instructors at my institution to get on board as well! Customer service is exceptional. The live chat option is amazing. And once the rep had to take over my computer to solve a problem, and everything was worked out quickly.

Ilos for screencasts

Reviewed 2018-07-19

I have created a number of How To videos using Ilos (including instructions for programs on a phone.) Screencasts are very easy to complete.The program is very fast for a online program. It is very easy to do basic functions within the program itself - recording, saving, and uploading. I really like the new addition of questions in the middle of the videos and the ability to add comments. The easy interface to Moodle is also excellent. I have also created videos on my phone to show students how to install software on the phone.

Nikitah Imani

Moving to ilos

Reviewed 2018-07-21

I came to ilos after working with youtube video and skype for business video and several other mediums, integrating these with Blackboard. With the launch of Canvas at my university, I decided there had to be an easier more efficient way to both affect the integration seamlessly into the chosen CMS, as well as to offload the material for review and external purposes, neither of which easy or intuitive with those other mediums. I find ilos well suited for the purpose and very effective as well as much faster than some of the other mediums. In fact, I wish ilos was chosen to replace Canvas own conferencing mechanisms which leave a lot to be desired.

Richard Stephenson

Very good...but...

Reviewed 2018-07-17

We use the captioning service as well as video hosting. The Pro captioning service is great. We also like the hosting.

Ilos Review

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-07-20

I've used ilos for many things in my day-to-day. I use it for product demos, bug recreation recording and instructional videos. I am in the process of integrating Ilos into my LMS system to create microlearing training videos.I love the easy of use of the recorder. It's simple, light weight and doesn't require admin rights to my PC to install.

Dana Gullo

ilos is a huge asset to our institution

Reviewed 2018-07-17

In order to add engagement, collaboration, and interactivity to our F2F, blended, and online courses, we needed a cleanly designed, easy to use video platform solution. ilos has been instrumental in adding collaboration and increasing accessibility on our campus. I would highly recommend any institution to add ilos to their technology tool kit.ease of use; clean design; ease of closed captioning; interactive quizzing feature

Mike Garretson

Great Product So Far!

Reviewed 2018-09-19

I've been very pleased with ilos so far!We are currently doing a pilot program with ilos (new name is VidGrid) and I've been pleased with it so far. It makes creating screen capture videos easy and also allows for adding closed captions to the videos to meet ADA requirements.

Simple, elegant and effective

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Ilos has helped us with script and process fidelity. We are easily able to increase the speed of mastery for all employees. This product has greatly improved our new-hire onboarding experience.The Ilos interface is simple, well designed, and easy to learn. It's most basic features are intuitive, with the advanced features being easy enough to master.

DeNisha McCollum

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Please see the above responses.ILOS offers a fantastic, easy to use solution to our recorded voice or video messaging needs for online or classroom classes. It load quickly, streams smoothly, and is easily adaptable for faculty or student use.

Aaron Lucas

Easiest way I have ever found to make videos!

Reviewed 2016-12-06

I have loved using Ilos so far, and it's honestly not because I'm new to video and struggle with more complicated applications. I have used multiple video capture methods over the years and I still love Ilos. The main reason I'm such a fan is how easy it is to create videos, host them online, and manage the library all in the same place. I make training videos, so I'm not looking to win Oscars. My biggest challenges are projected turn-around time, making changes to projects when needed, and online delivery. Ilos has made all of these SO easy! In my industry, things change constantly and the ability to make a change to a video, replace it in Ilos, and have it automatically update everywhere I have used that link online is so helpful. The editing tools are limited, but that's the idea. It's supposed to be easy, so don't expect to be able to do a ton with the editing tools.

Robert Luther

Ilos = Awesome

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Although I only use it once a week or so, I am using it for certifications for our sales force and it is driving productivity in the field for some of our harder to sell products.It is absolutely easy to use. I am not fluent in video but using Ilos makes me look like a pro. It also integrates well with Lessonly...

School Use

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-07-17

I use Ilos as a teaching device during school. I love that I can screen capture and show students where to find things online.I most enjoy the phone use capabilities. It's extremely convenient for me as a college student

Louis Martin

Ilos worked for my students

Reviewed 2018-07-19

I loved the ease of operation. Having used cumbersome systems, I found Ilos very easy to use and so did my students.

Robin Gandhi

Youtube for the classroom

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Ease of recording, uploading, and simplicity of use. Great for guest recording as well.

Yvonne Stephenson

Still has some bugs to work out, in Beta stage for best features

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-08

I love what they do and what they are trying to do. I think once they get the bugs worked out in the new features which are all in beta phase, this will be a powerful video program that instructors will love.I loved being able to make videos interactive by adding questions and being able to link that data to my grade book in Blackboard. I also like their captioning services--fast, accurate, and all done by real people.

Scott Barbich

Great Product

Reviewed 2018-08-06

I really do love it. This has become a very valuable tool for our company.It is very easy to use, and is very useful!

Kris Moore

Exceptional!

Reviewed 2015-04-17

We have used ilos for a few months now. We have found the system to be extremely useful and beneficial to our needs. I would not hesitate in recommending ilos. The team at ilos are proactive in their approach to supporting our needs and have been exemplary from the get go!

Courtney Pergolski

LOVE Ilos!

Reviewed 2015-04-17

We have recently entered into a partnership with Ilos and have been blown away by their product, customer service and response time. We have been very pleased and would strongly recommend the platform and team to anyone looking for a simple, easy way to share knowledge.

VidGrid Training

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Great way to get content from our employees to share. Allows a better exchange of information, especially technical information, to solve problems.Ease of use for all, ability to do some basic editing within the program, closed captioning support