Instatus Reviews

InStatus can keep up with the big guys - and more!

I have to say that I'm rarely this excited about a tool. But with InStatus, everything is just right: lots of features and customization options, a free plan and a more affordable Pro package, and great customer support. I had a request and gave feedback and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] personally replied within 24 hours and was super open to my suggestions. I am excited to see where the journey will go in the future and can't wait.

Pros

InStatus does everything right and is well on its way to compete with the big players like Uptime Robot or Statuspage.com. Not only the status pages look super clean and can be customized in design, layout and functions as desired. The dashboard is also clean and intuitive and offers a really large selection of different settings. In addition, the status pages are available in many languages, even...

Cons

I would like to see monitoring taken over by InStatus, but think this is already in the works. It would also be great if the web widget could be customized a bit more, for example the background color. An app for Intercom is also a must-have and I think it won't be long before this will be available as well.

Thank you so much for your review Leopold :D You're the 1st and most detailed one so far, so thank you so much!

Great Software, Friendly Founder

Pros

I like everything that Instatus offers. They offer what the standard statuspage would, but at a cheaper price. I run a nonprofit, so we use our statuspage to inform our users about any technical issues. You can create incidents, link them up with third-party monitoring services, subscription services (even includes Discord notifications which are popular nowadays). It also has excellent, easy-to-follow documentation provided. I got everything set up in less than 20 minutes, connecting a custom domain was even easier!

Cons

Everyone is good, but I suggested a feature to the founder in the Instatus Slack for there to be a way to have incidents automatically create using your own custom template when your third-party monitoring system detects an outage. Other than that, everything looks good and works well!

Hey Johnny, thank you so much for your review! :D

Best Status Page Of 2021!

Pros

I loved the speed of it, as I came from StatusPage I needed something fast and I like you can add HTML and CSS on the free plan!

Cons

Well they needed to add the auto change the status when there is maintenance after that everything else works great! Maybe also add a shorter domain for the free status page?

Hi Maxim, thank you so much for your review! Will work on making maintenance better very soon! :D

The right tool

Pros

Handle incident perfectly, Good notification system, Easy integration,

Cons

No start-ups or pay-what-you-use model plans,

Thank you so much for your review! What do you think would be a good plan / price that we could add?

Best Website Status Page Maker!

In general, the free plan includes a variety of features and customization choices. The support team is outstanding and replies promptly.

Pros

Instatus makes it simple to create a status page for your website. On the free account, we can additionally include HTML and CSS which is a great feature for customization.

Cons

Well, it must include an auto-detect website status feature, and it would be excellent if it provides a shorter domain for the free status page.

Hi Surya, thank you for the review! Sure we'll move into monitoring soon! :D

The best platform for incident reports. Period.

Excellent! Didn't realize the need for allowing people to subscribe for updates but the fact that's there and it supports unlimited subscribers is huge.

Pros

Instatus is cost effective, looks great, and is fast to set up. When other status software is $100/mo+, Instatus makes it affordable to keep your users updated. And the team is super responsive and receptive to feedback. Can't ask for more honestly.

Cons

If there was a way for Instatus to run the website/app pings to see if your site is down instead of having to integrate with something for automatic updates that would be awesome. Would love to get rid of my Freshping account and just use Instatus.

Hi Jay, thank you so much for your review! So happy that you like it :D I'm planning on going into monitoring, but that's a secret of course :D

Simple and painless status page service

The Instatus user interface is phenomenal and makes for a really great experience throughout the platform. Instatus integrates beautifully with uptime monitoring services like Uptime Robot so any outages or downtime that occur are instantly reported to your customer-facing page. Unlike alternatives, Instatus isn't flooded with extra features you will never end up using and the service has a really great API and documentation to automate status reporting in your own product. Really great service from an amazing maker.

Pros

Fast and easy setup process - Plenty of integrations - Support for custom HTML, CSS, JS - Feature rich - Lots of customization options - Flexible API

Cons

Nothing I can really say bad about this service. Any time I ran into an issue, the team was able to fix the problem right away.

Thank you so much, Austin, for your review :D

Page review

It's very great alternative to status page, because not only that it's cheaper but also more customizable.

Pros

- Fast and instant changes - Very customizable (CSS, JS, HTML, Alert options, Components options, everything practically) - Very intuitive

Cons

I didn't dislike anything really, everything was perfect even if something broke product team fixed it right away.

Thank you Matt for your review! I'm so happy that you like Instatus :D

Smashes the competition

Fantastic, has done everything I needed it to well and the developer is really responsive when there is a problem - which i should state has always been user error.

Pros

Has all the features I need for a much smaller cost than the alternatives.

Cons

I would like the ability to manage my own account a bit more, being able to reset my password etc.

Hi Matthew, thank you so much for your review :D So happy that you like Instatus I'm sorry that reset passwords used to be a problem! Now when you enter a wrong password, you get the option to get a magic link instead, so you can easily login and change your password :D

Great, feature-rich service for a great price

Overall great service and really happy with the product.

Pros

Easy to use, clean, easily understandable, and highly extensible.

Cons

Software is still fairly young, so some minor issues are to be expected. Support response is excellent though.

Hey James! Thank you for your review :D I'll work on ironing out all the minor issues, so that it becomes a flawless :D

Easy way to setup a status page

A really positive experience so far with Instatus and I'm considering getting the paid plan to be able to connect my own domain name.

Pros

I've been using Instatus for a few months for my status page after switching from Statuspage. It's super quick to setup with an easy to use UI to manage/create your status page. There's a wide range of customization options like custom HTML and CSS to allow you to customize your status page to fit your branding. The free plan is very generous compared to other tools with unlimited subscribers and a free API.

Cons

It'd be great to have a Zapier/IFTTT integration to allow Instatus to be connected to a wider range of services for status alert notifications.

Hi Joshua, thank you so much for your review :D I'll take a look into what can I do to support Zapier/IFTTT integrations :D

Amazing Service

Amazing Service providing users with a status page without all the added limitations and expensive pricing.

Pros

Easy to use & Friendly supportive staff.

Cons

Nothing to say here, everything is amazing

Thank you Tyler for your review! I'm so happy that you like it :D

Instatus makes you rethink status pages

Pros

The simplicity and design of Instatus is outstanding. Instatus provides relief at a stressful time such as an outage by making it really easy to communicate with customers.

Cons

There were some minor UX issues in the dashboard which were promptly sorted after provide feedback.

Hi Rihan, thank you so much for your review :D

Best status page!

Pros

Very easy to edit It is free to use Can integrate with UptimeRobot, FreshPing etc.

Cons

Custom domains are paid This is like only con i have.

Hi Vlastimil, thank you so much for your review :D

The Best Platform for Statuspages

Pros

Instatus is incredibly easy to use and setup, while also having the ability to take a deep dive into customization. Even though we don't use their paid tier, the pricing is competitive with other status pages that I've used. The endless integrations are wonderful, and the status page is blazing fast.

Cons

The ability to drag-and-drop components would be wonderful (even though I'm pretty sure that's already being worked on). Other than that, we haven't run into any issues, and Instatus has been wonderful!

Hi Andrew! Thank you so much for your review :D I just released drag & drop

Super powerful and super extensible.

Overall, implementation was super easy. It took a developer just a couple of hours to get everything integrated nicely. Our customers are happier with the instant updates and take ownership of subscribing to notifications.

Pros

The product itself has so much power behind it. With various integrations such as web hooks to Slack, various notification options, and beautiful design, it is the best status product on the market in my opinion. The support offered via Slack is amazing! The developer is super responsive to any issues raised and takes feedback really positively. I love how I can customise the design and there was never any push to pay for the product.

Cons

Customers are not always familiar with status reporting but this cannot really be avoided.

Thank you Jase for your review! I'm so happy that you love the product, and it will get even better

Simple and powerful

Best status page I've tried so far, I can automate with montiors and do all the things with the web UI. The author also is often available to help, add features and answer questions via Slack

Pros

Semplicity, free licenses for open source projects

Cons

Missing official API packages for other programming languages (like PHP)

Thank you for your review, Maicol! Hopefully I'll be able to hire more people and release API clients for different languages :D

Good Simple Effective

Pros

Incident Reporting Component customization Look and Feel

Cons

Communications management could be better. add more sophisticated outlets for emailing subscribers.

Thank you so much for your review, Eric! Would you please let me know the kind of emailing methods you'd like adding? Thank you!

Simple, cost effective product

Pros

Easy of use and straight forward pricing. Unlike other vendor who have crazy pricing

Cons

Nothing much, more customisation on graphs needed like zoom and pan for 24 hrs

Hi Arun, Thank you so much for the review! I 100% agree we need to improve metrics, yeah! We'll focus on it very soon!

No-fuss status page

Pros

I found the onboarding experience extremely smooth and easy to get started. Amazed by how easy it was to get up and running. Simple/pleasing design (both product and branded status page). I'm still quite early in my journey using Instatus, this is my #1 choice for now.

Cons

Found no issues with Instatus, everything in my experience was great

Thank you so much for your review! :D

Excellent Status Page Provider

Overall, its been great. Meet every expectation I was looking for basically 90% of the price ! I really am glad I found this Status page provider. HIGHLY.. HIGHLY recommended

Pros

Very easy to use and simple user interface. Over all setups of incident reports and errors are VERY easy to setup and run !

Cons

Really, at the moment nothing. Other than maybe a more user friendly page customization

Hi James, thank you for your review! Would you please let me know what elements of the page you'd like it be more easily customizable?