iorad

Creates application instructions and step-by-step tutorials

iorad Reviews

Sarah B.

Joy D.

Ease of use, ease to share our documentation, easy to convert PDF, easy to transfer to colleagues to manipulate.

Jessica G.

Cons

Sometimes, the screen captures look a little strange. Other times, it doesn't capture a click.

Young K.

It doesn't record "video" playing in your web browser.

Cori C.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new UI panel. When you accidentally delete a tutorial, there is no recovery.

SARAH F.

4.7

Easy, professional training in minutes.

We have a very limited team to support our Salesforce instance of over 300 sales users in Canada. This has freed us up to not have to screenshare and walk users through some standard issues frequently, we can just direct them to our training library and keep moving on improvements!

Pros

iorad makes it incredibly easy to create training videos or walk-throughs that users can experience at their own pace. As someone who has previously recorded screen-capture videos with over voice, I can say that this is 1000 times easier and more professional. The ability to tweak and update training as we need is excellent.

Cons

Not really a dislike, but it would be nice to have the ability to have the training be read in French during the walk-through.

Creating training takes minutes

The support is amazing. They answer very quickly and have been very helpful. They also get bugs fixed very fast. They are a great company to work with.

Pros

This makes making trainings very quick. I love that it automates making trainings in the way people learn, video, interactive, reading. This use to take hours to create trainings that fit this. I love the automated voice overs. The voices sound pretty good for being automated. It is easy to use and create trainings. Our users love to use these trainings. I love that the user doesn't have to download anything to view the trainings.

Cons

The latest release moved a lot of things around which makes it a little harder to use. I wish the language pack was included in the business pricing. It is very expensive and we have had to do a lot of work to translate our trainings. Sometimes it doesn't capture what you need and you have to go back. The pricing gets expensive fast.

Nice Rapid Development Tool

It's been an overall positive experience to use this tool. It has limited features compared to something like Captivate, but it works pretty smoothly and allows me to get things done very quickly.

Pros

I really like how fast and easy the tool is to use. I can create and publish software tutorials in no time.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more editing tools like being able to add additional highlights or shapes. It would also help if I could import an image.

Hi Darrell - Thanks for the review! We will take your feedback & consider it for future enhancement. As for the image upload- while you can't technically "upload", here is a great way to include images in your tutorials. Check out this article: https://theioradlife.com/how-to-add-an-image-or-powerpoint-slide-to-a-tutorial-captured-with-the-iorad-extension-a51fe718bd9a

Game Changer for Documenting Processes

Using iorad has been a time and cost saver from me and my company. Letting us document our best practices and general processes in a very detailed and clear way. It is easy to share and follow the instructions that you create.

Pros

I like that it records every click, scroll, and key stroke; while taking screen shots with the highlighted area where the action occurred. If I was to try and recreate this manually it would take 10 times as long.

Cons

Sometimes the desktop recording does not load up to the website. This only happens occasionally and then only with very long recordings.

Easy tutorial creator - big time saver

I use iorad in the help article for our clients and for internal training. The clients love it, and it is used as an example to the quality of the self-hep part of the software.

Pros

Easy to use Integrates with many platforms Loved by the clients

Cons

Integration cuts the size of the slides sometimes. Embedding can get complicated with the change of the UI Canot combine two slide-shows Narrating does not do a good job with dots and commas.

Hands down my FAVORITE app!

Pros

I was sitting at a presentation at an educational technology conference when the presenter casually mentioned ioRad. I immediately went on the site. Truth be told, I did not hear a single word she sais from that point on. I was AMAZED and began creating my first capture right there. It was that easy. When I clicked finish and saw how ioRad captured every step, every click, and labeled the screen shot, as well as producing the step-by-step instructions, I was sold! This software is BRILLIANT! It has saved me countless hours of capturing screenshots and manually adding the instructions. Better yet, is the LIVE function, where a user can see prompts to guide them click by click through a process in real time on the site.

Cons

The product development is very responsive to client feedback. The software just keeps getting better and better.

The best tool to add to your toolbox

iorad has taken our membership site to the next level. With the tutorials that include a live feature, and audio voiceover, you are able to create seamless steps for users that guarantee they understand what you are trying to teach. We have had amazing customer service, with the rep actually adapting what he has created to give our users the best experience. We communicate with the rep whenever we need anything or have questions.

Pros

Iorad is simple to learn and use, and the design is attractive that makes people want to use the end product!

Cons

Nothing! It is a great tool that allows you to accomplish almost everything!

iorad is great for process documentation

Pros

This software has saved countless hours for our staff, allowed parents and students to find answers even when we're closed, and helped us with documentation. I love that iorad captures my steps as I work through a process. The new smart masking feature works great and saves time over the prior masking. The iorad team is very responsive.

Cons

There isn't any mechanism to add pictures or crop pages.

Iorad

Fast turnaround for tutorials. Easy to record demos.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Lots of options for delivery. I can have a tutorial created on 30 minutes.

Cons

Organization of tutorials... I would like to be able to use a folder system. Tags are OK but when you get a few hundred tutorials it get messy.

Simplifier votre formation en quelques étapes!!

Excellente

Pros

Montrer aux gens une séquence précise d'action pour manipuler une application n'est jamais évident, même avec un support vidéo ; iorad attire l'attention sur l'essentiel grâce à sa présentation séquentielle. Difficile à la personne qui de se perdre quand on lui montre déjà tout de A à Z

Cons

Le manque de personnalisation du font, le rose occupe trop de place

Excellent software and saves a considerable amount of time

We use it to create quick instructional videos for our products mainly for operational purposes, less so marketing a product itself.

Pros

- The software is intuitive to use so our teams need very little training to use it. - The ability to add voiceover saves a lot of time versus recording your own demo. What would previously take 1hr+ to record a demo, refine it, publish it etc. now only takes around 20 mins - Automatically being able to push the video to other systems e.g. Helpscout, means that we can publish articles straight to our...

Cons

- On the whole I've found it very good. I occasionally come across bugs, but they're generally dealt with very quickly by the Iorad team - I'd say the cost is fair value for the time saving but I can see it prohibiting wider uptake as it's not on the low end of the scale

Step-by-Step Made Easy

This tool has helped me be successful in creating instructional design solutions for my work and for my grad school projects. They are amazing at building customer relations.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. The overall design experience and features are great for the type of work I do.

Cons

Has minimal design changes to the cover pages to personalize the tutorials more. May be offer different fonts.

Love working with iorad

I loved it. When we went to remote learning due to COVID 19, the great quality of the tutorials made the student's learning of the material easy & effective. I am hoping due to that success we can keep these classes online.

Pros

We utilized iorad to make tutorials to teach students how to document in an entirely new EHR system. What I liked best was the voice over feature. I could easily just retype instructions & it correct the voice over. Compared to other software that I would have to re-record the entire slide. Also, As we made changes to our processes during the 1st 6 mos of implementation I could easily just revise the tutorials by changing out just a couple slides and not having to start over.

Cons

You could improve on the ease of moving the slides around. I would have to constantly go back & figure out the number of the slide I wanted to move or where. If you could see a thumbnail of each slide (similar to PowerPoint) it would be easier

Iorad is a game changer!

Pros

This platform has cut my daily training time in half! The intuitive software that builds out the step-by-step tutorial as I record is unparalleled - and the teachers LOVE the fact that they have a visual and auditory guide to help them through any tutorial need in a virtual environment.

Cons

I love everything about the software, but which we could add more users to the platform. Our teachers would LOVE to use this with their students, but unfortunately licenses are tied to one persons email so it's difficult to allow them to do so. It would be great if we could take iorad tutorials created in the free version and add them to our paid domain so that they can be saved.

Their customer service is very responsive and they send me emails updates on new features. Because I was in education, they also asked my input in how they can improve their product for the educational field. Extremely satisfied with iorad.

Pros

All I have to do in making the interactive tutorial is point and click. iorad will actually write each step for me. I can complete my tutorial in less than 3 minutes and it will come out looking extremely professional and people think I spent hours making the tutorial.

Cons

Really, the only thing I could possibly ding iorad on (and this would only be me nick-picking) is when I make it a pdf, it crops out a significant amount of the screenshot. But again, this really isn't a big deal.

Love it!

My overall experience is very positive. I have reviewed any similar tools and decided to go for Iorad. After more than 6 months of use all I can say is that I have not made mistake selecting it.

Pros

Iorad is very easy to learn and use. Iorad supplements our training materials very well. We have blended it with our elearning platform and we have completely changed our training process and approach.

Cons

It would be great if we can have better organisation structure of tutorials. After a longer use of a tool, the list of tutorials that we have created is quite long. Introduction of some kind of folder structure would be very helpful.

Essential for Trainers and Educators

Before iorad, I had to make training videos and click paths on demand that I had to edit and produce and they did not save and share easily. With iorad, it takes a fraction of the time to create a tutorial and it is extremely easy to file away and reuse for other learners that need the same help.

Pros

iorad allows me to capture my steps and fills in the prompts easily and in an expedient manner. It is easy to copy the tutorial and email it out to the learner. I also very much like how iorad keeps a library of my tutorials and has an easy search feature.

Cons

I would like to be able to print off the steps in PDF format for free.

Easy to create and maintain

We use this for new system training and for internal SOPs. We post these FAQs in multiple places, so updating only the one source is invaluable. Creating and maintaining SOPs is also very easy with a walk-through tutorial since steps that needs updating, adding, removing are obvious to spot when you are literally walking through the process again.

Pros

Both the ability to use the link and the embed. The audio is also very nice to use.

Cons

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new UI panel... When you accidentally delete a tutorial, there is no recovery.

Easy & free to create active interactive experiences

iorad has helped me produce end-user interactive guides more quickly & easily. It's easier to update an iorad when the product changes than a series of screenshots & directions. It has a place in our company that I don't see going away soon.

Pros

I work in learning & development and tools like Adobe Captivate are big. iorad presents a stripped-down version of that which, in my experience, has a better end-user experience. iorad is also totally free to start using, a huge advantage. It's easy to adjust the targets & text in a capture.

Cons

The embedded player can be a little clunky. The screen capture doesn't record the final/confirmation screen unless you interact with it, so I typically click on a random point and then remove it in editing.

Iorad is great for flipped classrooms!

Really great; I love it and so do my patrons.

Pros

As a K-12 school librarian, I make dozens of tutorials using Iorad. This software enables me to use it in the "flipped classroom" model, so I can be there to help my students when they most need me.

Cons

I would like to be able to see the pdf in the free version.

My thoughts on Iorad

Pros

Iorad is a useful and innovative tool that gather the following pros in my opinion: - Easy to use, to manage, to learn - Time saving - Good Customer Service

Cons

The cons I will list for Iorad are due to the fact that the development of the solution is still ongoing. Some new features will be appreciated, such as a "drag and drop" of the steps. Moreover, some bug are still existing.

Good Tool

Great! I think it is a tool with great potential.

Pros

It is user friendly. It brings a real value added in the step by step exercise. It is time saving, resources saving, and it restrains the error percent.

Cons

It can improve in terms of features. it is not stable (I guess it is for a moment : still improving). But be more careful and inform users in advance, so they can save work.

Great Product

Pros

This software is easy to use. All cloud base. It even lets you type the instructions and the system will turn it into voice instructions. But most importantly the customer service and tech support is GREAT!

Cons

It is on the pricing side but worth it. Remember the amount of time it would save you when considering using this product.

Love this Application

Many of the administrators and teachers who have asked for support guides with our SIS system, have been very happy with the videos that I have created and sent them. It is a quick way to support staff with a combination of visuals and text.

Pros

What I like most about this application is that I can produce quick tutorial videos with real time step by step instructions where users can follow along.

Cons

The only thing that I find that I would change is the voice over feature. It will generate voice over for the text automatically which is a great feature. If you edit the text in your video, you need to re- generate the voice over. In the realm of life, this is not a big deal and will not stop using this application because of this.

Iorad - Click and Learn

I love it. Created 3 click-throughs for an ed-based platform, and plan on doing it again!

Pros

I loved that I could make a solid click-through tutorial or how-to for our staff.

Cons

My only issue is that the first time staff saw it, they weren't clear what to do. Maybe blinking "do this" sort of helpers for new users?