LiveAgent Reviews

4.67/5 (709 reviews)

Tim Rauch

All-in-one support solution

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
I love LiveAgent! In the past, I always used the same communication channels for business and private, or at least they were on the same device. Situations like this were quite common: I wanted to have a Skype call with my best friend, and suddenly a customer notices that l am online and sends me support messages via direct message. My messages used to be all over the place, you have a phone call with a customer, suddenly you get a WhatsApp support request three days later. Or some customer who lives in a different time zone calls you at 3 AM because they forgot about where you live and you forgot to turn off your phone. With LiveAgent I am streamlining my entire communication. I created a support@email address for my domain and forward any incoming email to LiveAgent. | also linked my contact form on my website via Zapier to create an instant ticket. Instead of giving customers my Skype ID, I use the built-in video call feature in LiveAgent, so there are no unforeseen interruptions. Voice calls can be integrated as well including a real landline phone number, which is cool. The chat Widget can be fine-tuned to only appear under certain conditions, for example, if someone is spending 15 seconds or more on the pricing page. Overall this tool allows me to have strong boundaries and office hours with customers. | am going to use the second user account for my assistant and then use the routing emails to automatically assign all tickets to him. This dramatically frees up my time

Cons
The design is slightly outdated and it was a bit complicated to find everything during setup.

Response from QualityUnit

Thank you very much fot your nice feedback.
we are happy that you are satisfied with us :) We still working on our improvement :)
Have a nice day

Matthias Van Woensel

Not the cheapest solution around, but probably one of the best.

Reviewed 2017-04-25

Depending on the package you select it is probably not the cheapest solution around. But it is one of the best. We moved from a single google inbox to LiveAgent a while back. There was a lot of irritation at first since the way we dealt with support had to change a lot. But looking back, changing the way we do support, was the right thing to do. Live Agent heavily relies on departments. Which makes it easy to transfer a ticket to the right people, cutting down on our response time. Even if there is no clear distinction, I think any organisation can be devided up into departments. 1ste line support, 2nd line support, accounting, ... A ticket might get transfered between departments multiple times, but that's a good thing. Since you don't have to keep track of them, the ticket will get transfered back to your department when needed. The departments also allow us to go to the next level. Setting up multiple offices in different countries is now easy, since we can simply create a new department and create a rule that will automatically assign tickets based on the country/language. I do have to mention a couple of less than ideal things. There are some minor bugs in the application. Sometimes it completely crashes and has to be reloaded. I have yet to figure out why this happens. Luckily no data is lost though, it's just a minor inconvenience. There is also a very annoying bug in the rich text editor where it uses the same short cuts as the application (ctrl + i to put something in Italics has a different meaning in the application). So you're constantly fighting with these keys, I hope they get that resolved soon. There were also a couple of other bugs, but those got resolved quickly by the support team at LiveAgent/QualityUnit. And that last one is actually what makes me recommend Live Agent. The program isn't perfect, but remember that no program ever is. The team behind this, is really trying to build the best solution out there. And they always respond quickly to any issue or question you might have. Give them a try, they have a free trial.

Pros
Phone integration Chat integration (internal and customer chat) Departments Cloud based (works on mobile as well)

Cons
Short cuts in rich text area are conflicting with the ones in the application

Andreina Carrasco

An excellent platform to offer customer service

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-07-18

Satisfied customers and time saving.

Pros
At work I was assigned a very important job, I had to decide what software the company should acquire to offer the customer service to hundreds of people. I took the task of researching a wide variety of programs online and I really found in Live Agent the solution to our needs. This program contains all the tools you will need so that your clients receive support in a timely manner. It has a live chat, tickets, integration with social networks and more. The best thing is that it doesn't matter if the client sends an email, opens a ticket or leaves a comment on a social network, because that message will reach a single platform where agents can receive it and give an immediate response. These messages will be stored together with a conversation history, allowing any agent to be well informed of the case and able to respond and solve the customer's problem. Live Agent has many other features that make it easier for agents to work, for example, you can create predefined replies to save time or write frequently asked questions and send links to clients so they can access this information immediately. On the other hand you can customize the portal support with your brand. You can also obtain a report of the agents' work hours. It really is a complete program and its price seems accessible to me. It is worth what it costs because finally if you manage to offer good customer service, this will definitely favor your sales.

Cons
There are very few negative things that I have to say about Live Agent because it works almost perfectly, rather than negative aspects they could make some improvements that allow each company to customize the different options that the program offers us.

Chris Neale-Clark

Just the best there is...there are only pros in my mind.

Reviewed 2017-05-31

The ability to offer superior customer support to my clients. It allows me to have more than one way to encourage interaction from my clients....which is important for me to improve and give the service I want.

Pros
I have tried all the various help desk solution. Bar none, LiveAgent is the best and the best in terms of support and responsiveness. In my books, it is truly the best customer service management system available. Full featured, everything you need to offer support to clients/customers. Chat, Video, Phone, Email, Support Port, the works!!!!. All the features of LiveAgent meet all the needs for delivering an efficient customer service experience It means I am offer top notch customer support. To top it all off, customer support from LiveAgent is top notch. All my questions are always answer promptly and including all the relevant info needed. No issue gets unsolved or unanswered. The staff at LA cares about their clients and have bent over backwards to help me to be able to provide support solutions for my new business directory project. I would wholeheartedly recommend their services and or software to anyone that's looking to take their customer service for their business to a whole new level.

John Thomas

Fantastic multiple channel customer service automation application.

Reviewed 2018-08-06

Pros
The interface is very user- friendly and affordable solution to configure multiple mediums for communicating with the consumers. The application also provides chat and video integrations. The application program interface helps you retrieve account information and billing details. They have added a new feature wherein you can view all the calls and e-mail interactions of a client just in a thread. The application is integrated with most of the social media sites. The searchability feature is very powerful, as it allows an in-depth and detailed search. Reporting and statistics help you get tag reports, and an employee’s average answer time. Allows an employee to personalize his dashboard. You can compare the efficiency of the job done by your team members and yourselves. The prioritizing ticketing helps you check out the one that needs to be answered according to its priority.

Cons
The absence of Whatsapp and SMS integration. Bugs encountered while you use the mobile application makes it slower than usual.

Corey Stanford

Incredible Support Software for Every Online Business

Reviewed 2016-08-09

I started using LiveAgent for one of my first online companies. Our customer base was well in the 100s of 1000s. Therefore, I opted to use the white label solution that integrated nicely with our user interface. I was quite surprised how inexpensive it was to comparable solutions. For these reasons, I have integrated into four of my companies...one being in a different language (Russian). This is an incredible product and I highly recommend it anyone starting a company online.

Pros
I enjoy the user interface. It utilizes the latest design/development techniques. I also love the cost of the product. It's priced way below comparable solutions. Lastly, I love how you can deploy the software with multiple speaking languages.

Cons
I don't like having to continue paying for extra users. I would rather have unlimited users, especially since we are running the software on our servers.

Response from QualityUnit

Thanks for your feedback about LiveAgent. We're glad you're satisfied with LiveAgent for more than 2 years now...

Anonymous

Live Agent connects you to the people that matter the most: clients!

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Live Agent is a wonderful way to stay connected with customers!

Pros
Live Agent offers a few plans to help meet the needs of your business better. We use the ticket + chat plan because it allows us to host a live chat on our website. Its much easier to manage feedback with this plan. We feel that our customer base are much more likely to reach out for help online than to call. If calling is your preferred method, the All-Inclusive plan may be more for you. Sign up for a 14 day trial so you can get a feel for which features would be most beneficial for you. We get excellent feedback from our users.

Cons
We did have to spend a day or two in extensive training for our employees when we transitioned to Live Agent. Fortunately, Live Agent made it as painless as possible. Once you get it installed on your server, you will be able to manage tickets and improve efficiency.

Lynette Chia

Great Choice for Small Team

Reviewed 2016-08-10

Among the paid support system available, I find that LiveAgent is worth the money for small teams, given the functionality available for the packages.

Pros
I like that I can have all the multi-channels (social media, knowledge base, ticket system, live chat) I use for just one monthly pricing. The package includes three agents, so the pricing is perfect for us. I can do a lot of design and layout customisation according to my liking. It's also a great that my customers can have their own log in to view their support tickets. The best part of all is the amount of integration available with the other tools I use for CRM, marketing, etc.

Cons
As much as having 3 agents included in the package is great for small teams, adding the 4th agent at the equivalent price of the original package seems to be rather costly in a way which is preventing my company to add more agents to our account because it doesn't seem worthy money-wise.

Response from QualityUnit

Thank you Lynette. I really appreciate how you¿ve taken the time to send us positive notes on LiveAgent.

David Chandler

New company - but only ever one option

Reviewed 2018-11-19

I have used LA since 2011. Whenever I get the chance, I use it. I have successfully installed it on companies ranging from 9 to 125 agent seats. and it is my 'go to' application. Yes, there are tiny bugs, like any platform, but they are always quickly updated and resolved. In 7 years of using (and suggesting) LA, I've only had one bad experience with their customer service (and, OK, it WAS poor service), but it was quickly spotted and dealt with. Simply put - If you are reading this review - you have found the CS platform you need, with the support you deserve.

Pros
Live Agent (LA) offers 'everything' for any size CS operation.| Their support is always fast and friendly. It simply 'works'

Cons
Some internal rule options could be added to expand the options.

Response from QualityUnit

Hello David,

what an honest review, wow, thank you for being with us for the past 7 years! Here's to another 7 (at least) and a lot of happy customers :)

Take care,
Andy,

Marius Ghitulescu

Fantastic multi-channel support solution

Reviewed 2019-09-10

LiveAgent has been a massive time and cost saver for me. It simplifies the process of handling customer support (no matter what channel they might be using to contact us), as well as building a knowledge base platform. It's easier and cheaper to use their platform than building your own knowledge base site.

Pros
With LiveAgent, there is no need to sign into multiple platforms to answer your customer's questions. It brings together multiple channels, so you can handle them all from one platform. It also allows building an amazing knowledge base platform, which customers can use to quickly search for helpful documentation before submitting a ticket.

Cons
I wish it could integrate with other social media networks too, like LinkedIn. It currently has an integration with CloudApp, which is fine, but I prefer Droplr. I hope they can add an integration with Droplr too.

Response from QualityUnit

Thank you very much fot your nice feedback.
Have a nice day.

Keyana Kutney

Great helpdesk support application for small home business

Reviewed 2018-11-21

Great customer service on their end, and their service offers a ton of great features that I didn't think I'd need at first, but after just a little while, I quickly came to appreciate all the functionality I get, for such a low price.

Pros
LiveAgent lets me interact with my customers in real time, integrating a knowledge base to help me and my team of just 2 others, solve customer problems much faster and way more efficiently than any other customer support platform I've used to date. The set up process is very easy, and I love the all-in-one inbox . I'm sure to never miss any support tickets or requests, which was sometimes a problem with other similar apps I've worked with in the past.

Cons
Honestly, there are no pros. The price point is pretty solid - after all, it's just myself and 2 reps for my small business - but even if I had a larger support team, LiveAgent doesn't break the bank.

Response from QualityUnit

Hello Keyana!

Thank you very much for the honest review of your experience with LiveAgent! We are always happy to see that our customers are satisfied with the solution we provide and their business is able to grow thanks to the customer support. :)

Have a great day!

- Andy

Pratima Persaud-Banks

LiveAgent is fun and easy with great features

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Pros
I really enjoy the "earned badges" that displays what stage each agent has come to based on their customer service. I also like that we can customize almost anything in regards to how the chats are routed and the greeting for each agent to customer. I also like that we are able to see what the customer is typing while they are typing which gives us an opportunity to find their information and possibly a solution before they even hit send.

Cons
I haven't used the program long enough to find something I dislike. Or, maybe there isn't anything that I dislike. The only thing that I can think of is that it will answer a chat automatically for me and not alert me that it has done so therefore, I don't know that there is a customer waiting for me to help them which can cause a bad review for me. I also don't like that we can't change the word "Rebuke him" when asking for a review from the customer for each agent. We should be able to customize where it says "Rebuke him or "Reward him". I don't like the word rebuke and we are not all "hims".

Jarvis McCrary

Makes Multi-Platform Client Support Effortless!! - Amazing Software

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Pros
I LOVE the fact that it unifies your multiple email and client LIVE chat channels. In my case I wanted to create a single unified support channel for multiple websites that I manage. Live Agent makes it effortless in usage. Its actually a wonderful thig to see in action. In fact I'm actually downplaying what for most would be its greatest strength - LIVE CHAT!! My main usage is creating on-page 'Contact Us' forms. I also was able to add LIVE chat to my Wordpress site by simply installing a plug-in (they support many integrations). Very slick since you have the option of using it as a floating 'Contact Us' us form by not making any agents available for LIVE chat and contact response instead. VERY nice feature thats easily imlemented

Cons
My only very minor gripe is the lack of HTML signatures but thre is a script based workaround that fills the bill for smaller agencies so it depends on the importance of that for you. You can still create easily text based signatures. In addition the number of options can seem confusing at first glance but after setting up your first couple accounts you'll 'understand' the software and move around it easily. If fact the more I play with it the more cool features I discover. Very easy to get on-boarded yet filled will more potential. Very nice piece of productivity software.

Tim Bryan

A great all-in-one solution

Reviewed 2018-05-21

Pros
This program has been a great solution for our team as an all-in-one problem solver and customer support center. By allowing us to use canned messages this software was a real game changer and saved us countless hours and mistakes. I would recommend this product to anyone searching.

Cons
The set up of this product can be a little more technical than some people are used to and getting up and running with this software was a little more hands-on that we expected. There are a few things that we would like to see changed but they are minor compared to how well this product works. The biggest issue we have is that we wish we could use the translator in chat. That would be a huge plus.

Anonymous

LiveAgent - allowing us to truly conenct with our clients

Reviewed 2019-03-06

Pros
It's a fantastic product for our support organization, allowing us to instantly connect with clients in a format they feel more comfortable with. No more waiting on hold with your phone to your ear, now our clients are just a click away from the support they need and deserve. Thanks to LiveAgent, it also allowed us to increase the work-from-home capabilities of our teams, leading to increased morale!

Cons
The Liveagent chat windows do not produce a sound when our agents type back to clients, which to me is a huge downside of this application, as this would help reduce the amount of inactive chats, as learners sometimes do not see a new message being sent.

Rich Hilley

Reliable and reasonably priced

Reviewed 2016-01-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
About 6 months ago, we showed a need to take care of our new and also existing customers by reacting to their customer queries. We made some statistics, found information about companies, which provide help desk software and took a lot of time for research. We looked at user's recommendations, price, quality and at the end we decided to go with LiveAgent. Top view looks simple, but the whole software is developed into details. Agents didn't have any problems with getting used to work with LiveAgent. Now customers can simply contact our staff anytime and they will receive a response in a short period of time. They can contact the company not only with problems, but also with requests and suggestions. Agents can manage the whole communication from one place. Options like: "Forum" or "Feedback" help us to stay in contact with customers. Top product, which connects companies with their customers in a clean and elegant way. Will be exploring more LiveAgent functionality in 2016.

Cons
There really hasn't been any major issues. We've run to some bugs but they were resolved. We've requested a couple of new features and are waiting to have these implemented.

Kevin Lee

LiveAgent is all you need for one-stop customer service

Reviewed 2018-12-28

This is seriously a great software, rank this a solid 9 as it solves a problem of unifying support from varying channels such as social, e-mail, phone, and direct messaging. I highly recommend LiveAgent to anyone who manages support on at least 2 channels. The time saved, efficiency, and pure joy of unifying support is what makes LiveAgent a must have. A solid 9!

Pros
Title says it all - LiveAgent is awesome as a true one-stop, one-login for multi-channel customer service and messaging. We picked up LiveAgent about two months ago and use it as our sole channel for customer messages. LiveAgent is great when you have at least 2+ channels in which you receive customer messages, for us it was Facebook, E-mail, and LinkedIn. It supports other Social Platforms like Twitter; and it pulls in all messages so we can reply to each one directly in LiveAgent. This saves time and unifies our support-front into one channel.

Cons
Nothing to dislike - LiveAgent is solid, loads quickly and syncs in all messages.

Tony Phan

An easy & effective way to enhance customer satisfaction

Reviewed 2017-05-17

Providing us a real solution for customer service. Not only we are now able to support our customer on time but also be able to supervise and keep track on our customer's complaints. It helps me to monitor my live-chat agent performance easier and faster.

Pros
A quick way to integrate the live chat to our current website. The interface is friendly which makes the new staff orientation faster. Also it is easier to supervise live-chat agent using the real-time console. The social media linking ability is one of the best features. Using this feature, I am able to manage feedback / inquiries of customers from all channels in one place. Therefore, the process takes less time and effort to reply / support our customer.

Cons
Sometimes it takes a while to load but overall it is acceptable. At first, it seems difficult to link all the social accounts, emails, and live-chat together. However, once you have done it correctly, everything works perfectly. You can always contact the support team to get some help!

Andrey Okhrimets

The tool increases the speed of response to applications

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Pros
During my career I managed to work in the support service. We had a LiveAgent implemented. I liked this service because new messages were displayed on the main screen. And from the main screen you could immediately reply to the client. The speed of response was lightning. Our customers have always received quick replies.

Cons
I have not found any serious flaws in LiveAgent. It would be possible to do more to arrange the menu, buttons and windows in the corporate style of the company. Now LiveAgent has only 2 threads.

Response from QualityUnit

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to write us a nice review. Thank you very much :) Have a nice day.

Samim Sekh

Satisfied with LiveAgent

Reviewed 2018-11-19

We have been using liveagent for a very long time for say at least 5-6 years first with the self hosted software and the platform is very good for our support and sales related services. Later on we have moved to the hosted environment which is also equally good as we dont have to give time for server maintenance and software updates.

Pros
1. Quality software 2. Fulfills our exact requirements 3. Timely updates

Cons
1. Support can be improved for self hosted solution.

Response from QualityUnit

Hi Samim,
we're very happy to have you on-board for such a long time. :) Always glad to see how our customers are satisfied with the service they get from us and how it helps their company to grow.

Wish you a lot of satisfied customers.

- LiveAgent.

Nataly Oprishchenko

Modern technical support in your pocket

Reviewed 2018-08-23

Pros
LiveAgent captures from the very beginning of use and everything starts with a first-class interface that is simple and intuitive. In it, the developers were able to connect all the necessary components - simplicity, convenience and aesthetics. And also there are no problems to base your call-center on the basis of the program. We often take questions from our users and customers, they must respond to them as quickly as possible. And all this can be provided by LiveAgent.

Cons
Developers for some reason did not think about such a function as exporting applications, and it takes too much time to manually perform this task. It was possible to make the adjustment of the columns in the list, but these are trifles.

Sheldon Reich

LiveAgent Helps Us Project Our Web Presence

Reviewed 2016-08-09

We use LiveAgent for two purposes: as a web site chat channel and as a tech support trouble ticket tracking system.

Pros
It is very powerful and includes features (such as integrated email) that would require integration if they were not included.

Cons
I wish you could create multiple admins or even better a billing contact so the site admin would not have to forward invoices that should go to the billing contact.

Response from QualityUnit

Sheldon, thank you for your positive comment and suggestions. We appreciate it.

Rick Nuske

Live Agent Review

Reviewed 2016-08-09

Great support and an easy to use platform. Once you get up and running you can do so many things that you just dont find in other similar software. Happy to say that My Future Business is a customer for life.

Pros
Gamification is a great feature that makes everything more like fun than work. Also love the look of the agent interface as it is pretty comprehensive but simple enough to use...even for new users comment how easy it is.

Cons
Have to continue to pay to upgrade

Response from QualityUnit

Thank you Rick for giving us a perfect rating.

Ben Carter

Amazing solution, everything you could wish for thankyou

Reviewed 2017-05-19

Suppport, pre sales, FAQ, lead capture

Pros
Very powerful it's amazing,! It does a lot reliably which at the end of the day is everything you could hope for. Actually, I'm going to repeat that because it is worth repeating: It does a lot seriously check it out. It's very reliable and trouble free. Support staff are lovely, really polite, intelligently responsive and "on it" This does everything I could wish for, it's just a big problem solver. Seriously well-done guys very happy with this

Cons
Nit picking reall - set up could be a little bit more intuitive, but it's very powerful and I never have time to read instructions so there are no real cons, I'm very happy, no complaints at all, it's an awesome solution

Alexander Adekola

All in one solution.

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Excellent product with wonderful support that streamlines and enhances the customer experience.

Pros
Unlimited sites, chat integration. Call / phone center capabilities, manage multiple brands across all channels.

Cons
May be a tad overwhelming at first since it is so robust.

Response from QualityUnit

Hello Alexander, thank you very much for your nice feedback. We appreciate it :)