Parature Reviews

Parature

Customer service software from Microsoft

3.59/5 (11 reviews)

Dyrelh Villarico

It was the perfect tool at the time

Reviewed 2017-08-18
Review Source: Software Advice

It's a great tool to get the job done effectively but it could use some visual updates.

Pros
I liked how organized all the queues were and all the internal documentation capabilities it had. We used it as our CS ticketing system and at the time, it was exactly what we needed.

Cons
The user interface was very plain and boring. It had no color and just seemed like the designers didn't care too much for it.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jeffrey Schooley

I headed up the implementation at a local university. The sales, project management, implementation and support were excellent.

Reviewed 2017-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Parature is a great solution that met all our needs.

Pros
Easy to customize reports and gather data. The functionality and ease of use make it extremely easy to train new employees on how to use the solution.

Cons
The customer portal has some limited functionality when branding it for our organization. Although the solution and appearance is for the customer portal was very professional and definitely served our needs.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Jamie Lindley

I used the software to process and submit tickets and the software made this pretty easy.

Reviewed 2017-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall experience was good, but Customer Service was slow at times.

Pros
The product was easy to use and I found it easy to report on time spent by agents internally as well as time spent reports for clients to see how much support time clients used.

Cons
It did not integrate easily with a lot of other products that our company was interested in using and Parature was a costly product on it's own. .

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Rusty Wilson

Flexible, Customizable, and Hosted Downloads

Reviewed 2015-02-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
We purchased Parature before it was acquired by Microsoft. We found the vendor to be responsive to our needs as well as prompt with their replies. The application itself is very flexible and offers a feature I've not seen in any competitor - the ability to host downloads and control the access to those downloads. So if you are a software company that delivers your products electronically, this could be the "killer" feature for you.

Cons
It's expensive, and with the acquisition by Microsoft, the future of the product is unclear.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Tim Konopelky

Parature Service Desk

Reviewed 2017-01-13

I have been using Parature for roughly 5 years. From my first day using the software I found it intuitive and robust. There are not many things that you cannot custom to fit your business ticketing model using this product. It has automation and a knowledge base for self service and a variety of other options to make supporting clients a positive experience. The incorporation of ticket routing rules, sla's and email alerts will allow one to create a very robust design depending on how much effort put into the design. As with any system, it is important to dedicate a system administrator to ensure the best user experience. This product was designed to provide a high ROI and it will reduced support costs as we have seen. One of the weaknesses of the product is in the inability to be able to upload a multi-page HTML document/guide which can cause some support issues. A pdf file covers this but it does add to the support duties as the PDF output must be reviewed and formatted correctly. As well, access to high level engineering has pretty much disappeared and communication on updates to issues and product development can be improved on. This is why I have given a low customer support rating. It would be nice to see Parature's original product support efficiency and dedication to the customer base in the current and future offering.

Steven Doty

Not the ideal CS platform

Reviewed 2017-08-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I last used the product in 2012.

Pros
Parature had a very modular interface and was easy to update and configure. It was also easy to extract data via reports.

Cons
Antiquated structure: Parature was dependent on HTML frames and was sluggish, had poor browser compatibility, and did not integrate with any other systems.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Sara Tabatababei

I use it to answer tickets in our company, and I really like the variety of functionalities I can use to respond to our customers.

Reviewed 2017-08-10

I just really like it.

Pros
Easy to use, the appearance, search functionality. I do not really have bad experiences with. I hope we continue to use it.

Cons
sometimes it takes a while to load the information you look for. That's pretty much the only bad thing I can think of.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

John Klein

Used to be great, downhill since acquired by Microsoft

Reviewed 2017-08-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Workflows were flexible and easy to adjust on the fly to match evolving business rules. Premium reporting was powerful once I learned how to navigate.

Cons
Service was poor, even paying bills was painful. Seemed to be a disconnect between the Parature people and Microsoft. One invoice took a two hour phone call to clear up because they were threatening to disable service, but the Parature Sales Team was saying to ignore the invoice because it was incorrect. Not easy to do business with.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Edward Savoy

Parature: Inadequate Customer Service Support

Reviewed 2017-04-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
As a customer support agent, it was adequate in terms of logging support cases. There's not much else positive that I can say about it.

Cons
I used Parature for over two years and, during that time, grew increasingly frustrated with its inflexibility in terms of its platform, its reporting, its e-mail functionality, and its customization options. My company moved towards Salesforce to log support cases several years ago and have not regretted it.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Lauren Masino

Help tickets great; interface confusing

Reviewed 2016-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Parature makes submitting a help ticket very easy. When I need assistance at work, I can fill out a request within minutes. I haven't experienced any timeouts or glitches.

Cons
The site is CONFUSING! I've been using this for over a year and still can't figure out how to view submitted tickets. It is very jumbly.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Steven Perkins

Great product

Reviewed 2013-05-29

I would highly recommend this product.

Pros
Web hosted. Excellent WYSIWYG editors for ticketing and knowledge base creation. Integration between the two is excellent also. Very flexible since it behaves as a CMS for tech Support as well.

Cons
Expensive. Support not as quick or as helpful as I would like.