SnapEngage

Live Chat Software for Sales and Support Teams

SnapEngage Reviews

Pros

We have a small team here, and we really didn't need a huge amount of features. We wanted something simple and cost effective an Snap engage has been the PERFECT solution.

kaylee d.

Easy to use and navigate; the IP location feature is really cool and useful; customer support is always top notch, and you can tell they are continuously striving to improve the product.

Dario F.

I liked that it was easy to deploy in our environment. Love the Slasforce integration.

Jason d.

Cons

Chat window tends to lag when typing and selecting between chats. The transfer and special commands tends to fail which can cause bad ratings.

Jessey C.

Currently, their IP blocking setup doesn't allow an admin to properly ban visitors who harass our agents - I need to contact support if I want an effective, permanent ban.

Daniel C.

Most of our customers take it in a negative way finding the chat buttons more annoying than that from being useful. But aside from that nothing else.

SnapEngage is an important part of my day to day routine

Pros

Super easy to use and lots of settings so that I can make the chat functions work best for me. Proactive chat is a game changer for me, and it helps me capture leads that I otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to connect with. It's also a very efficient way to answer questions via our website. It adds a very personal touch to strengthen the overall customer experience.

SnapEngage for a Small Software Company

We love SnapEngage. It makes communicating with website visitors, customers, and potential customers painless and crisp. The Chat window and proactive Chat look great on our site and allow us to engage with customers without appearing too pushy. We have been able to head-off much confusion from customers and calls into our Support Center by quickly and easily answering their questions as soon as they have them. The data we have gathered from our live Chats have allowed us to efficiently reorganize our website and transform our messaging in all mediums. Sales have only gone up since we instituted SnapEngage.

Pros

SnapEngage works great for quick communication with customers and visitors to your site. My favorite component of the setup is the ability to tailor Chat windows and proactive messaging depending on the specific page the customer or website visitor is visiting. We can have different questions and suggestions posed to customers depending on exactly what they are looking at, at that specific time. If they are in the online store we can ask them exactly what products they are looking at and what might work best for them. If they are on an informational page we can ask more open-ended questions to get the conversation started. It works great.

Cons

Sometimes the transfer of a Chat conversation from one agent to another can be "clunky". Sometimes it takes awhile and appears disjointed to the customer on the Chat with the agents.

Will be a great product once it fully works

Not the best experience in my opinion, we were one of the companies that beta tested the new hub for them but we were not told we were beta testing the site, so the issues we had from the beginning were a HUGE headache. Would have loved if the company was up front and honest about that but they were not.

Pros

Ease of use inside the hub *as long as it is working* looks very nice once logged in and the admin screens are nice to see what agents are on at what time and how long they are active, really helps with scheduling.

Cons

The hub does not always work properly, there are many glitches that need to be fixed including the ability for the software not to crash when a new chat comes in. The customization feature could be a little bit more customize able for routing chats to teams/widgets instead of just one agent. BIGGEST CON - your year starts the day you sign the contract before you have even logged into the system or gotten any kind of training even scheduled on how to use the tool. It took us almost 2 months to complete our training because the trainer was booked up and we were charged for those 2 months and we were not even using the software.

Good Chat widget to add to your website

By adding the SnapEngage widget on our website we were able to increase the number of enquiries and start better conversations with our clients. we

Pros

Easy to use from as a customer and as a company. All analytics available when you log into the back end of the website, you can check the log of all conversations had. It is very user friendly so no need for intense training

Cons

we wish that this integrated with the CRM we use, Hubspot as it would be great to be able to see the interactions with customers via snap engage on the contact's timeline on Hubspot CRM. Never the less, we still use Snap Engage and love it!

SnapEngage does what we need it to do, but the software isn't perfect

We often had visitors coming to our site without engaging with a demo request form or reaching out to our tech support team. After we implemented chat, our agents regularly send support requests to IT as a ticket, and we receive leads a few times a week. We are able to catch leads more easily this way. The proactive chat is especially helpful for this.

Pros

The software was fairly simple to implement and hasn't caused any problems on our WordPress website. Managing multiple chats isn't difficult. I appreciate the chat stats report with metrics for visitors to the website who contact us. There are many options for managing the proactive chat. The price has also been very reasonable for the duration of our time using it. When I can contact a support agent, they are very helpful and interested in making sure we can get the most out of our seats.

Cons

The proactive chat designing interface is a little difficult to work with and unintuitive at first. I don't have to use it often, so every time I return to it, I have some trouble. Unless you go in a bit of a roundabout way, it can be confusing to get in touch with a support agent. The backend of the website is not very easy to navigate. Some of the menus and menu items are nested in a way that isn't...

Trusted since 2012

We just love SnapEngagement. We have been using the software on our websites since 2012. The customer service is top notch and the accessibility of the chat features for our on the go team is a huge plus. Unlike automated services, I am able to put my team in front of potential clients. As a law firm, it is a huge plus for someone seeking legal guidance for their businesses, to be able to ask quick...

Pros

The software is easy to use, customizable, and accessible on the go. My team loves it and we have a high conversion rate with legitimate leads. It allows actual on team staff to interact with potential clients and that, unlike automated chat services or third-party services, adds significant value in the "closing" process.

Cons

I do not have many bad things to say. It would be a stretch for me to say something I dislike here.

snapengage productivity

Increased productivity. Improved customer service. Reduced response times. Full transcript of each chat message. Secure and reliable.

Pros

by introducing the snapengage system we have reduced calls to our helpline by 60% and yet we keep more customers happy becuase we can attend to their queries immediately, rather than waiting for someone to call them back. With each support agent being able to handle multiple support requests means our productivity and customer service have dramatically improved.

Cons

For us there have been no downsides at all... the integration was quick and easy and the system works very well.

SnapEngage

Overall, SnapEngage has given us a great opportunity to interact directly with our customers across Europe, it integrates with the systems we are already using, and it's metrics and reporting help us identify areas for improvement and levels of engagement internally.

Pros

SnapEngage was very easy to setup and test, within an hour we were setup and testing the system with a couple of users. From there it was straightforward to scale, and roll out to other countries across Europe.

Cons

Can be difficult to know what features are included in your subscription, especially when new ones are added.

A partner in customer satisfaction

We chose SnapEngage after a long review. Our support people like it, so I like it.

Pros

It's easy to install. It is configurable to our needs. It works very well across multiple domains and sub-domains, uniting our chat in a single dashboard. Works well with our analytics.

Cons

There's nothing I can think of that we don't like about it. I guess there are some times when chat doesn't appear in a web browser due to user configuration, but I don't think there's much that can be done about that.

The best chat solution we've found

We've tried several chat solutions over the years and found SnapEngage to be the most feature rich, easy to use, and best value available. Highly recommended.

Pros

Tons of customization features. Their proactive chat feature is especially useful for us. The fact that it can be tuned to show specific message on certain pages allows us to provide a more personal chat experience while still using automation to reduce workload.

Cons

I preferred the old interface prior to their latest refresh/redesign, but that's more a matter of preference.

Quality Web Chat Feature

We used SnapEngage for our web chat feature for a little over a year, and we had a positive experience with the platform. We discontinued using the application due to some changes on our website, but this discontinuation had nothing to do with anything on the SnapEngage side. The web chat portal is very easy to use and understand. An administrator does not need to have any coding skills to customize this feature. SnapEngage provides several options and features for users to get the most out of their experience. It also provided the best integrations to other applications. Of all of the web chat applications we tried out, SnapEngage was the clear winner.

Pros

SnapEngage is easy to use and understand with no coding experience required. Their web chat portal has many features and benefit that allow for more flexibility than other web chat applications. SnapEngage also has the option of no annual contracts, great support, and several API's that can integrate with other applications such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

Cons

The script that we received from SnapEngage and put on our websites did cause our website to take longer to load when the web chat feature was activated. The slower load time was the only negative issue we saw with the web chat feature.

Easy to Use with Great Support!

As the administrator for this software, I have always felt that the support is very good and timely, although we have had some technical issues in the past that went unresolved-- "We'll refer this to our design team," etc.

Pros

SnapEngage has always been easy to use, even with ongoing updates and added features. The proactive chat and the different options for controlling the chat box pop-up has always been a favorite feature of mine. There are many qualifications that can be placed on visitors to determine whether a proactive chat is appropriate, such as a first-time visit to the site, a prolonged period of time spent on a webpage, a certain access point on the website, etc.

Cons

I do not like that the proactive chat does not allow a box for customer/patron contact info, such as email. We have many proactive chats that go unanswered if the customer exits to another software on our site while the proactive chat is engaged. We lose a lot of chat interaction.

Love it! :D

Great chat tool with exceptional value - works just the way we want it to and is perfect for our small team. Hoping a few features get added to the roster soon but other than that, no complaints! Support team is phenomenal as well.

Pros

I love SnapEngage's interface - it's easy to use and gives you a lot of really valuable information straight out of the gates - user's time zones, IP, OS, Browser, as well as tracks the URL within your site as they navigate. Transferring chats is easy, the admin tools are great for tracking customer feedback, response times, and other really useful analytics.

Cons

I don't like that users cannot send themselves a transcript of a chat - this is a pretty common feature in most chat systems so I would think they'd add it by now. I also think it'd be great if there was a whisper mode so that admin/managers can see/watch chats and whisper to the agents - this would make training new users infinitely easier.

Superior Product with Stellar and Responsive Support

Overall, the options, the support team, and the ease of use is far superior to any other chat system out there. We research 6 others before choosing SnapEngage, and they just leap-frogged over everyone else.

Pros

The software itself is very easy to use. It's all web-based so our employees can use it at any PC or from home. It has a very slick back-end and tons of analytics. It's light years ahead of where we came from.

Cons

This isn't really a con, since it's industry standard, but our small shop doesn't have a dedicated chat team. Our employees are constantly multi-tasking, so the notification system when there's a chat waiting would be best if it didn't rely on the browser's notification system. All browsers notification systems are pretty lackluster. The little flyout box pops up for maybe 8 seconds, then disappears. If one of our employees isn't looking at their computer screen when that pops up, they don't know there's a chat waiting. It also doesn't work for internal chats (team chat) either. If we miss the notification, we don't know someone is trying to talk to us.

Love SnapEngage! A Fabulous Chat Tool.

Easy to use and implement chat software tool - their own support team is super responsive and helpful.

Pros

I love the UI - it's easy and straightforward. We're on the basic plan but it works for what we need; I love the Sneak Peek feature (naturally), it's easy to transfer chats and also love all the info that we're given when the user comes in, ie, referring URL, IP address, location within our system, etc.

Cons

They need to add an easy transcript email option as many other providers have them and would be handy. Also in the sound effects, one is a crying baby - let's be honest, no one likes that one. Would also be nice for all agents to see how many chats others are handling and not have that be just an admin feature - we're a small team so we're all super equal in our efforts and this would be valuable to everyone, not just the account owner.

Very easy chat interface with extra additions you didn't know you needed but you really do.

Pros

I love the ratings you can read afterward. This could be largely because I always get very good ratings, however, it's always great to see the negative feedback as well. Another feature is the one where you can request a document for the person on the other end to upload. I've only recently started using it in the past month but it's super useful and I don't know why it took me so long to find it. And the fact that it tells you what OS and browser they're using is golden. Also where they are in the world, for those times you need to make some small talk.

Cons

Sometimes, it'll glitch out and you can't get rid of of certain chats without closing and reopening the software, but that's the only gripe I have!

In your face, but not in YOUR face

We find that customers that are on our website convert better than customers that come in from other inbound lead avenues. They are actively in the moment interested in the product / service. They may have additional questions but are wary of providing personal details. Snap Engage allows us to communicate with them with few strings attached on the customer side.

Pros

We really liked how this software provided another touchpoint with potential customers. We have found that customers that visit your website have a much higher conversion rate.

Cons

Our initial deployments found the software to be a bit too intrusive. We had to experiment a bit to find the nice middle-ground where we were being helpful but not pushy.

Fantastic customer service

It has changed our experience, creating a better CX and streamlining processes for our agents. We have never experienced an outage. As a vendor, SnapEngage is easy to deal with and their approach is client-centered. Their responsiveness is greatly appreciated.

Pros

It was plug and play. SnapEngage dedicated an implementation specialist who trained the trainer and also provided webinars for the agents/users. The customer service is stellar, via chat (of course!) or phone. They not only provide documents and guides from th eknowledge base but the savvy agents walk you through the process, as needed. The design studio is intuitive and customizations are easy to make.

Cons

The chatbot has taken more time than expected in their roadmap. We were hoping to see it completely up and running before the fall.

10 Snaps for SnapEngage

Pros

It's easy-peasy to set up and customize the widgets to fit one's requirements in the business. It can also be integrated with different platforms. We use SnapEngage with our 3 major tools without any conflicts and with ease that it only took us not even a day to design, test and roll out. Customer service team is also responsive and very helpful in resolving any issues or answering any inquiries.

Cons

It doesn't allow remote access to the users. We've had instances where our staff forget to log out of the tool and even admins can't kick them out - which causes for offline messages to still come in instead of it being unavailable. Also, it would be better if we can pull up historical logs of messages by custom date instead of using Export periods.

Flawless...from setup and launch to customer support

We engaged with SnapEngage chat in order to offer our customers an additional method of contacting us, instead of the phone. Chat offers us the opportunity to document, get needed minutia details from our customers about any issues they are having. It's so much better than the phone which is inconsistent quality, takes much longer to get the needed details, etc.

Pros

Easy to work with the support team of SnapEngage. Though they are infrequently needed, as the software just works, their support staff is quick to respond and always has the answers.

Cons

Can't think of anything at all. It's Outlook that won't obey my rule and not send every 10th notification to my junk folder!

One of the best chat portal.

It is very helpful to have, snapEngage walked us through in making our goals possible to win the hearts of our customers.

Pros

In my 2 years of work experience in my current company nothing compares with SnapEngage. It enables our customer to contact our support team anytime they visit the website wherein any customer query are answered and addressed. It is very useful with the team in providing excellent customer service. After opening the website chat buttons will appear, it will not just make our customer feel that we are with them it also open the door to a customer and merchant relation.

Cons

Solid chat platform with lots of features

Very happy with the platform. As a marketing agency we get to use the service for our own business and resell to clients. The flexibility of features and price plans is great. Slightly more expensive than some options but you get what you pay for. Customer support is superb.

Pros

Ease of use, customisation, ability to setup rules based on chat user behaviour

Cons

Nothing really. We have been a long standing customer and have watched SnapEngage grow into a really solid platform. Only small gripe would be the pricing changes which had an impact on us when we fell onto the wrong price plan, but they rectified it right away

Snappy way to interact with customers

Great! I haven't used other products, but I would recommend SnapEngage!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. You can see the beginning of a prospect's response (so you have to be careful not to reply until they finish typing!) and it is a great way to interact with customers and prospective customers.

Cons

No real cons. One time a few years ago they enabled calls without telling us and some creepy guy called me unexpectedly - we were able to shut it off quickly! Otherwise, I don't love the new interface as much as the older version.

Good messaging software overall but needs mobile support

Good software overall and good technical support. We had to contact them on a number of issues at initial setup, and, we were quickly enough directed to solutions.

Pros

As a general messaging / support tool it works very well. We have our knowledgebase in Wordpress and they make it very easy to search for topics and send links or even re-direct customers to the right page. It took us a few days to get the software setup how we wanted, but, there are a lot of options.

Cons

The software does not work on mobile for support agent. It does work fine on mobile for customers. But, this is a big issue for us and we will continue to look for an alternative software if we can find one. But, so far, we have not. The ability to have your own wordpress knowledgebase and search through that is a pretty unique feature. But, they need mobile support for agents.

Amazing product!

Pros

This software is easy to use, filled with features, and simple to control with a single administrator. It offers features like screen sharing with customers, sending and receiving documents, multiple chats per operator, and snapshot information on customer's technical platforms (operating system, browser etc.) for ease in troubleshooting issues.

Cons

No real cons in over 3 years! Customer support is fast and friendly, and the product works as advertised.